dh777

08SGT0994

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,316 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

http://www.motorauth...-mustang-report

Pundits and analysts have been declaiming the end of the horsepower wars, the death of the muscle car, the arrival of pure electric power, and other such tragedy for years now. Ford thinks its nonsense.

Or at least Ford thinks such things as efficiency, emissions, and utility need to occasional counterbalance--or that's what we read into the report from Mustangs Dailythat the Shelby GT500 Mustang will carry forward into the next generation of the car,due as a 2014 model sometime next year.

While the Mustang line itself has gotten rather efficient, scoring up to 30 mpg highway in certain configurations, the GT500 has always been about efficiently turning gasoline into horsepower, not miles traveled. Even the next-gen GT500 is likely to get a dose of the green hose, to be sure, but it will still be here, as an ultra-high-performance version of the latest iteration of America's pony car.

The news comes by way of Shelby American president John Luft, from the floor of the New York Auto Show. Luft told Mustangs Daily that the company's relationship with Ford would continue through 2015 and beyond thanks to a recent contract extension.

That's great news for muscle car fans--even Chevy fans--as it will mean the competition will continue. The question will just be where it will lead.
DeWayne

Posted Image
3 Blue Mustangs
1965 coupe - Caspian Blue 289 automatic coupe
2008 SGT/SC Vista Blue - 08SGT0994 - SAI SGT/SC package with HO polished Whipple, 3.73 and Kicker system. 507 RWHP and 497 Torque
2009 Terlingua - Vista Blue - 09TRT0402 - Possibly the first factory glass roof Shelby. The only Vista Blue, the only glass top and the first performance automatic Terlingua - Quantum built performance package - - 3.73, Kicker system and interior upgrade. Many other upgrades and mods.
THE BAD HARE

#2 OFFLINE   sportscars

sportscars

Premier Ford vehicle event planner

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 3,876 posts
  • Joined 30-September 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Always nice to hear it first from someplace other than Shelby itself! :shrug:

Cars:

2007 Shelby GT CSM 0488 - Performance White - 5 Speed
Shaker 1000, Dark Charcoal IUP
Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar & Brace

1996 Mustang V6 Purple

1995 Mustang GT 5 speed all black

1984 GT350 5.0, 5 speed with T-Tops
Allegedly 1 of only ?? built

Me:

Owner of SMC Events - www.smcevents.com

73f1fac9-ceac-4466-8055-21ec5009b4e3_zps

#3 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Good to hear some news about this; thanks for posting.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang
1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

#4 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,671 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Thats good news. I have always felt that Batteries and Electricity also put out emissions and NOT good Emissions. I might be wrong, but thats what I believe. PLUS, until they can get an Electric Car to sound like a Mustang, I will never own one. The Mustangs have that special Sound that no other Car has.

#5 OFFLINE   verlyn12

verlyn12

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 404 posts
  • Joined 25-December 11
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:farming and ranching, travelling, grandkids and car shows
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

This is good to hear. There are vehicles for those that want the energy effecient and "green" models. There is that faction of enthusiasts that will always be enthralled with the muscle cars that come from American companies as long as they can "put the pedal to the metal". My husband's favorite sayings are "more power and hammer down."

#6 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,237 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Always nice to hear it first from someplace other than Shelby itself! :shrug:

From the original post: "The news comes by way of Shelby American president John Luft, from the floor of the New York Auto Show."

Uhhhh, I think that came from "Shelby itself".

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users