#1 OFFLINE   boss351

boss351

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 10-May 06

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:17 PM

What is the best way to soften up the ride on this car? It got worse when I switched from Bridgestones to Michelins XV4. The car is factory stock. :shift:

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   Evil95GT

Evil95GT

Come on, Rob......just ban me already

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,336 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05
  • Region:Decline

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

I guess I'll start with the basics. Have you ever replaced the shocks and struts? What about the springs?

If you're looking for a stock-type ride, I'd go with KYB shocks/struts and replacement factory springs (Autozone or equivalent should have them, for around $70/pair).

If you're looking for something that sort of floats along, you could run something similiar to the set up I have on my '95. I run 90/10 drag struts and 50/50 drag shocks. I have softer V6 rear springs. The car, I kid you not, rides like a Town Car. However, don't expect the car to take corners at ALL. It's great for drag racing, but you pretty much lose all corner handling, unless it's at super low speeds.
Michelle
1989 Mustang LX
1995 Mustang GT

Jealous of what? I'm ideal, and I don't need a bunch of leghumpers to confirm what I already know. Love it.

Use email.......PMs are NOT private anymore

#3 OFFLINE   boss351

boss351

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 10-May 06

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:33 AM

I guess I'll start with the basics. Have you ever replaced the shocks and struts? What about the springs?

If you're looking for a stock-type ride, I'd go with KYB shocks/struts and replacement factory springs (Autozone or equivalent should have them, for around $70/pair).

If you're looking for something that sort of floats along, you could run something similiar to the set up I have on my '95. I run 90/10 drag struts and 50/50 drag shocks. I have softer V6 rear springs. The car, I kid you not, rides like a Town Car. However, don't expect the car to take corners at ALL. It's great for drag racing, but you pretty much lose all corner handling, unless it's at super low speeds.

I have KYB shocks and Monroe struts :unsure: and the original factory springs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users