#1 OFFLINE   TonyGT

TonyGT

FGT Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 02-March 07

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

Carroll Shelby and the FGT go back a long way. I know the question has come up on this forum about Shelby's involvement with the GT and should it be included here. Carroll Shelby had his hand in the FGT project from day one and was given the job of senior tech advisor. As a GT owner I am grateful we are included here as well. :shift:
VOTE FREEDOM FIRST!

#2 OFFLINE   bitzman

bitzman

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 11-December 07

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:29 PM

Is there any interviews in print in a magazine in the last few years that say
what Shelby advised after driving the prototype
mule Ford GT?
For instance, in layout of controls, choice of gauges,
etc.?
I have seen the picture of him conferring with chief engineer
Neil Hannemann but never read what his advice was.

#3 OFFLINE   Super Snake

Super Snake

S H E L B Y

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:God
    My Beautiful Bride
    My (3) Children
    My Granddaughter
    My S H E L B Y
    StangsUnleashed
    Custom Airbrush Artist
    Helicopters

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

Carroll Shelby and the FGT go back a long way. I know the question has come up on this forum about Shelby's involvement with the GT and should it be included here. Carroll Shelby had his hand in the FGT project from day one and was given the job of senior tech advisor. As a GT owner I am grateful we are included here as well. :shift:

Awesome Car TonyGT
2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe Performance White w/ Vista Blue Stripes
Loaded less Sat Radio
Ordered 08/10/2006
Build Date 10/13/2006
Sequence # 2738 of 8152 Color Sequence # 648 of 2252
Arrived at Dealer 11/06/2006
Put in trailer and brought her home 11/8/2006
DynoJet Stock Baseline 5/19/07 RWHP 449.97 RWTQ 443.41
Mods Steeda color matched hood struts 3/4/07, Deck lid Lettering 3/13/07
Cobra logo valve stem caps 5/3/07, 8" Shorty Antenna 5/10/07
Scott Drake Billet Fluid Caps from SAI 5/16/07,
Steeda Dead Pedal 6/22/07, Autographed Dash Plaque/Shelby GT500 Sill Plates 6/23/07
SLP Loudmouth Exhaust 8/24/07,Rear End Rust Be Gone 09/17/07, Eject PWR Button 10/20/07
Snoop Dog GT500 Mailbox 1/10/08, Steeda CAI and Tune 04/11/08, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter 04/12/08, Hurst Shifter Shaft, Gromet and Shift Ball 04/12/08, Metco 2.6 Pulley and Aux Idler, TR6 Plugs and BBR Tune 7/20/08, 3M Window Tint 12/26/08, BBR Billet Rear LCA's 12/27/08, Steeda Adjustable UCA 12/30/08, Steeda Progressive Rate Lowering Springs 2/20/09, Steeda LCA Relocation Brackets 3/7/09, Ford Racing 3:73 Ring and Pinion 3/7/09

Past important rides
1989 Mustang 5.0 coupe
1984 Mustang GT
1976 Mustang coupe
1974 GTO

#4 OFFLINE   SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Team Shelby Member

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Joined 27-April 07

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Interesting, this I did not know. I heard rumors, but hate rumors. Cool!
Car sold in August 09, traded to a Sport Trac... not as much fun, but functional.... Black and the desert just sucks LOL

#5 OFFLINE   KMCBOSS

KMCBOSS

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

Is there a Team Shelby registry for the FORD GT? If there is I can't find it. Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   RogerS

RogerS

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06
  • Interests:Shelby GT350

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:08 PM

The Red mule is in the Museum in Vegas. Looks all used up though. Character! :D

"If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself." Carroll Shelby

2012 Shelby GT 500 Grabber Blue

2013 Ford Focus ST Black

#7 OFFLINE   rmartin

rmartin

Rich Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, MOPARS, Shelby's, Ford GT's

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:39 AM

Is there a Team Shelby registry for the FORD GT? If there is I can't find it. Thanks

The Ford GT Forum is a separately controlled and managed Forum, and will in all likelihood stay that way.
It has been around for a few years, and it is dedicated solely to the Ford GT. Not too many folks who dont have Ford GT's may be really interested in all of the technical and "emotional" discussions about these cars. It is obviously open to anyone... it is a public forum, with private areas for members like any other site. Check it out at http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/ if you are interested.
"A Proud Ford GT owner".

#8 OFFLINE   carnut

carnut

The Nut is Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • Joined 14-July 06

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

The Ford GT Forum is a separately controlled and managed Forum, and will in all likelihood stay that way.
It has been around for a few years, and it is dedicated solely to the Ford GT. Not too many folks who dont have Ford GT's may be really interested in all of the technical and "emotional" discussions about these cars. It is obviously open to anyone... it is a public forum, with private areas for members like any other site. Check it out at http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/ if you are interested.
"A Proud Ford GT owner".

Thanks for the linky.

#9 OFFLINE   KMCBOSS

KMCBOSS

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

"A Proud Ford GT owner".

Thanks for the info - I already hang out in the FGT forum. I was referring to the registry for the FGT - like SAAC has.

#10 OFFLINE   amyb

amyb

Amy

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,983 posts
  • Joined 11-August 06
  • Interests:cars, all things 50's and tiki...no laughing!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the info - I already hang out in the FGT forum. I was referring to the registry for the FGT - like SAAC has.

We were asked by a few Ford Gt owners to add it to our resistry, we have I believe, if not I will check. The registry is at Shelbyautos.com

Amy
"You can't grab the brass ring, sitting in the swan"

#11 OFFLINE   daltondavid

daltondavid

Team Shelby New Member

• Members E
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 23-March 06
  • Interests:Shelbys, Harleys, Antiques, Art, and being a Great DAD!!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

We were asked by a few Ford Gt owners to add it to our resistry, we have I believe, if not I will check. The registry is at Shelbyautos.com

Amy

Jeff Burgy is the SAAC Registrar for the New Ford GT. Jeff is one of only 2 people who have never in the 33 year history of SAAC, missed one of the conventions! he is also a retired FORD Employee who put in 30+ years of service to the Blue oval. He has also owned several awesome Shelbys dating back to when they first came out on the streets. you can contact him at www.saac.com the other Registry that is online is at www.fordgt.com which is a great place for FORD GT owners to hang out and discuss the cars and everything that was ever done or is being proposed to be done to a FORD GT!! a couple of guys named Bony and DBK run the site with some assistance from FORD. once you get used to their sense of humor, you might learn a few things about these great cars and actually enjoy yourself!! I strongly recommend both sites and Registries for FORD GT owners.
David Winkler member of the WWW.SAAC.com Certifiable Shelby Fanatic!

#12 OFFLINE   fjpikul

fjpikul

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

Ford does not sponsor the FordGTForum. It is owned by DBK and Bony is the moderator. It is maintained by contributions from Ford GT owners. Very few vendors are allowed to advertise. The GT registry is a separate site maintained by one of the GT owners.

Jeff Burgy is the SAAC Registrar for the New Ford GT. Jeff is one of only 2 people who have never in the 33 year history of SAAC, missed one of the conventions! he is also a retired FORD Employee who put in 30+ years of service to the Blue oval. He has also owned several awesome Shelbys dating back to when they first came out on the streets. you can contact him at www.saac.com the other Registry that is online is at www.fordgt.com which is a great place for FORD GT owners to hang out and discuss the cars and everything that was ever done or is being proposed to be done to a FORD GT!! a couple of guys named Bony and DBK run the site with some assistance from FORD. once you get used to their sense of humor, you might learn a few things about these great cars and actually enjoy yourself!! I strongly recommend both sites and Registries for FORD GT owners.

#13 OFFLINE   ChipBeck

ChipBeck

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Joined 13-January 08

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

Ford does not sponsor the FordGTForum. It is owned by DBK and Bony is the moderator. It is maintained by contributions from Ford GT owners. Very few vendors are allowed to advertise. The GT registry is a separate site maintained by one of the GT owners.

Frank,

Though they are not a sponsor of the FordGTForum directly, Ford did sponsor a huge chunk of Rally 1 as well as assistance with Rallys 2 & 3. DBK is obviously tied in via the family with Ford top management and they let us sell the 3 prototype GT's in Vegas. AND.....fjpikul is one of the most senior and most frequent contributors to the FordGTForum!!

Chip
The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users