#1 OFFLINE   1yountfan

1yountfan

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

I'm having an issue with my battery going dead after leaving my car in the garage for more than a week (or so) without running it. I remember reading on the old site of people having similiar issues. It's happened to me twice now. I have yet to take it into the Ford dealer, planning on hopefully getting it in this weekend (depending on the weather). I have a feeling they'll just give me a new battery and that will be it. And in a few weeks I'll be right back there for the same issue. Has anyone taken in their GT-H for this issue and what did Ford do about it? Any feed back would be great!

#2 OFFLINE   SHELBY1

SHELBY1

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 248 posts
  • Joined 22-April 06
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

I'm having an issue with my battery going dead after leaving my car in the garage for more than a week (or so) without running it. I remember reading on the old site of people having similiar issues. It's happened to me twice now. I have yet to take it into the Ford dealer, planning on hopefully getting it in this weekend (depending on the weather). I have a feeling they'll just give me a new battery and that will be it. And in a few weeks I'll be right back there for the same issue. Has anyone taken in their GT-H for this issue and what did Ford do about it? Any feed back would be great!

Battery Tender is the way to go. No more dead batteries. Always good to go.

#3 OFFLINE   1yountfan

1yountfan

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

Battery Tender is the way to go. No more dead batteries. Always good to go.

I'm getting one of those, but still......this is a nearly a brand new car (12,000 miles). This shouldn't even be an issue. Heck, I have a 1965 Mustang that doesn;t have this issue. I guess I'm more annoyed at it more than anything.

#4 OFFLINE   Benzito

Benzito

B.M.O.C.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Yount,

I have the same problem with my GT-H. I think the battery tender is the way to go unless there is some way to stop the constant trickle of juice needed to keep the radio and other electronics semi-active. My 1968 Mustang sits OUTSIDE the garage and starts after a few pumps of the pedal, no matter how long it's been sitting! Oh well, trade-offs are worth it.

I'm going to try turning off the radio before shutting down to see if that does anything.

Mike

Edited by Benzito, 22 January 2008 - 12:27 PM.

Mike (in Portland)

1968 Ford Mustang
1965 AC / Shelby Cobra 427SC (SPF replica)

Some others . . .

#5 OFFLINE   carnut

carnut

The Nut is Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • Joined 14-July 06

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

Mine drained too, sat 4 weeks. I think the theft system and maybe the computer consume a lot of power just sitting there. I'll be looking into a battery tender also.

#6 OFFLINE   1yountfan

1yountfan

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Yount,

I have the same problem with my GT-H. I think the battery tender is the way to go unless there is some way to stop the constant trickle of juice needed to keep the radio and other electronics semi-active. My 1968 Mustang sits OUTSIDE the garage and starts after a few pumps of the pedal, no matter how long it's been sitting! Oh well, trade-offs are worth it.

I'm going to try turning off the radio before shutting down to see if that does anything.

Mike

I'm going to try the radio thing too....after I charge my dead battery up. Let me know if it works for you.

#7 OFFLINE   aonebadbone

aonebadbone

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Joined 19-December 06

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

Also if you leave your car in the garage for long periods of time then take it out for short trips than that will cause the battery to not fully recharge. Do this for a few times in a row and you're battery will go dead.
I have left mine in the garage for 3 weeks and no problem.
Battery tender is the way to go also if it is cold outside than that will also have a effect on you're battery.
Art

#8 OFFLINE   Cobra Boy

Cobra Boy

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 1,158 posts
  • Joined 31-October 06
  • Interests:Family, mustangs, and hunting......by the way, did I mention mustangs?

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

Okay darnit, I'm going to vent here.

First of all, my car sets for a month or more at a time sometimes and has never had a dead battery. Ford and everyone can make excuses all they want to, but to me it's all crap. Total crap. Did I mention I think it's crap?

I have a friend that just traded his 06 GT back in because it wouldn't maintain a charge. It also went throug two rear ends. The car had less than 4000 miles on it and never exceeded the speed limit. He has now become committed to avoid Ford products (Mustangs anyway).

For ford to say that you need a battery tender is a cop out. You can't tell me since there are plenty of Shelbys out there (like mine) that don't lose charge, that this isn't an issue that Ford could figure out.

My wife's 05 Ford 500 had a dead battery back in October. A cell went completely dead. The dealership told me that they have had some issue with substandard batteries.

My official stance is accept no excuses.........make the dealership/Ford figure it out. It's a new car.

Okay, now I'm done.

CB
Former Owner Of:

2007 Shelby GT 500

Vista Blue (the fastest color) with Tungsten Stripes

SLP Loudmouth's

Custom Dead Pedal

Custom Power Plug Cover

Bone Stock Otherwise

Blue Ovals Until The Day I Die........

All hail the Carroll Shelby legacy

Team Shelby Member

Stangs United Member

Central Mo Mustang and Ford Club Member

Co Author of "Wild Horses..A Portrait of America's Favorite Muscle Car"

1967 C Code Fastback Project

2001 V6 Coupe (son's)

2002 V6 Coupe (daughter's)

#9 OFFLINE   SHELBYGTH

SHELBYGTH

Team Shelby New Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 18-December 07

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

I had the same problem with my GT-H. I believe it's related to the Hertz/Sirus unit being powered up. The console unit has it's own "power" button, separate from the Ford radio control. I have since ensured it is powered "off" and have had no more issues.

If that does not work, I agree with Cobra Boy... have the dealership correct it...

Edited by SHELBYGTH, 22 January 2008 - 07:32 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   stump_breaker2

stump_breaker2

Ok, here I am. What are your next two wishes?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

I had the same problem with my GT-H. I believe it's related to the Hertz/Sirus unit being powered up. The console unit has it's own "power" button, seperate from the Ford radio control. I have since ensured it is powered "off" and have had no more issues.

If that does not work, I agree with Cobra Boy... have the dealership correct it...

Someone also mentioned if the CD player is still on when the car is turned off it drains the battery. I don't know for sure as fortunately I have yet to have this problem and my car can sometimes sit for nearly a month without being cranked.
2007 SGT #117
Posted Image

I'm missing over 1500 posts and I want them back dammit!!

#11 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 35,091 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

I use the tender on both my Stangs, and truck and Harley. Here is a thread on it if you need some information on it.

http://forum.teamshe...showtopic=15005
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Alloy Dave

Alloy Dave

Enthusiast of all makes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts
  • Joined 30-March 06

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

First of all, my car sets for a month or more at a time sometimes and has never had a dead battery. Ford and everyone can make excuses all they want to, but to me it's all crap. Total crap. Did I mention I think it's crap?

I have a friend that just traded his 06 GT back in because it wouldn't maintain a charge. It also went throug two rear ends. The car had less than 4000 miles on it and never exceeded the speed limit. He has now become committed to avoid Ford products (Mustangs anyway).

For ford to say that you need a battery tender is a cop out. You can't tell me since there are plenty of Shelbys out there (like mine) that don't lose charge, that this isn't an issue that Ford could figure out.

My wife's 05 Ford 500 had a dead battery back in October. A cell went completely dead. The dealership told me that they have had some issue with substandard batteries.

My official stance is accept no excuses.........make the dealership/Ford figure it out. It's a new car.

Okay, now I'm done.

CB

+1 Kyle.

To those of you having issues, are you locking the car? I'm wondering if since it's locked the anti-theft system uses more juice? I don't know...just a guess.

Dave
3/27/06 - Material Hold (ordered), 11/6/06 - Sub to plant, 11/14/06 - Segmented, 11/22/06 - Released from plant, 11/27/06 - Bucked (yes, bucked AFTER released from plant), 11/29/06 - Produced and sent to striping, 12/13/06 - Released from foreign plant, 1/1/07 - Shipped (car hauler), 1/3/07 - Sold

#13 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 35,091 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

I got this post from a guy in the know on another site:

FYI-You have to actually drive the car to get the alt. to charge the battery.The batteries in the new Mustangs will last about 3 weeks while parked.The electrical systems on these cars are what we call on the network.While these cars are parked and turned off the network actually powers 7 modules,anti theft switches and the amps in the stereo.After 30 minutes the network goes into sleep mode but still powers all items mentioned.If you pop the trunk or open the door the network wakes up and stays awake for 30 minutes as long as nothing else is used in the car then goes back into sleep mode.The reason you hear sometimes to turn your radio off before you turn the car off is the ACM or audio module draws 4 amps and usually the most likely module to go bad.If the ACM goes bad it never goes into sleep mode and draws 4 continuous amps till the battery is dead,which doesn't take long.Hope this helps.
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 OFFLINE   1yountfan

1yountfan

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

Okay, now I'm done.

CB

I couldn't agree with you more Cobra Boy!!!!! I have a 2002 Caddy and a 65 Mustang that can sit for months and have no issues with the battery!
A nearly brand new car shouldn't need a battery tender! And I shouldn't have to go out and buy one or charge my battery up every few weeks. Sounds like it's not a one-off problem just in my car......sounds that many that are having the same issue. You think someone could have found a solution by now. But I'm 100% with you Cobra Boy!

#15 OFFLINE   interceptor

interceptor

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 15-January 08
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Motorcycles. Riding in the Patriot Guard.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

:banghead: guys let me chime in on this and give some help. first of all you need to make sure your battery is fully charged. look at the charge indicator on the battery and see if it's green. if not charge it fully till it is.use a charger on slow for several hours. running the car a few minutes only puts a surface charge in it[this is useless] .when it's fully charged disconnect either cable and hook an amp meter[digital] one lead to the battery and one to the post. let sit for s few minutes as it takes a while for the modules to power down. when all said and done you should have no more than .05 amps draw.don't leave the key in the ignition when in storage. have your battery load tested but only after it's fully charged. 90% of the time these problems are a result of a battery that is not fully charged! it has to be or it will continue to die.check the charging system to make sure it is up to par also. battery tenders work great for storing batteries for extended times and if you don't use one and the car sits more than a month then unhook the cable. good luck!

#16 ONLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 13,552 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

+1 Kyle.

To those of you having issues, are you locking the car? I'm wondering if since it's locked the anti-theft system uses more juice? I don't know...just a guess.

Dave

Just went out & tried my car & it wouldn`t start & yes it is locked at all times , had this same problem when i first got the car new . I got my car in Nov,07 put 50 miles on it & had to put it in storage for the winter monthes. Once I started driving this summer never had a problem but if you don`t use it for two to three weeks it goes dead. So are we saying that this is a bad battery & I should take it to the dealer to check it or do I have a electrical charging problem? Or both? I can`t believe its the charging system as it maitained the system all summer with no problems. I can`t believe these batterys go dead that quick. Any thoughts.

#17 OFFLINE   GTH391

GTH391

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 31-October 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

Let me chime in. Mine sits covered for 3 weeks at a time in the garage. (Its cold here in the north with road salt and stones) Everytime I start it, I have no problem. I remember reading threads earlier about the alarm system drawing a charge, so I never armed it in the garage.

I certainly think I would take it to the dealer for a dead battery or discharge problem.

Just adding my experiences to the discussion.
2006 GTH0391 From Orlando Hertz location

1965 Mustang Coupe. Dad bought it new. I still have it!

2007 Mustang Convertible

Ford blue in my veins

#18 OFFLINE   1yountfan

1yountfan

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

Just went out & tried my car & it wouldn`t start & yes it is locked at all times , had this same problem when i first got the car new . I got my car in Nov,07 put 50 miles on it & had to put it in storage for the winter monthes. Once I started driving this summer never had a problem but if you don`t use it for two to three weeks it goes dead. So are we saying that this is a bad battery & I should take it to the dealer to check it or do I have a electrical charging problem? Or both? I can`t believe its the charging system as it maitained the system all summer with no problems. I can`t believe these batterys go dead that quick. Any thoughts.

Mine is going right back to the dealer! It should make no difference if I lock it, keep the radio on when I turn off the car, or leave it for more than a couple weeks without driving it. The battery should not be drained!

#19 OFFLINE   SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Team Shelby Member

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Joined 27-April 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

I can add to the frustration here. Sorry, I live in MI, cool as heck outside. My car sits in the garage. It sits for 4-5 weeks, and I walk up, get in, and it starts right up! No tender, no nothing! I am sorry, but anyone here who thinks this is normal, that a battery will not last a few weeks, needs to buy up some of that swamp land! Todays cars are MORE efficient, not less! Todays batteries are stronger than the old days. If your battery is dying in a few days or couple week..... YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CAR! End of story! Sorry, we are all venting, but even Grabber's post (and I like him) is dead wrong here and seems someone is feeding him a line. No disrespect Rob, you know that, but this is uncalled for BS for anyone to accept a dead battery, and more so for anyone to state it is normal. Oh yea, and I lock my car as well, so even with the so called anti-theft on, IT STARTS RIGHT UP!
Car sold in August 09, traded to a Sport Trac... not as much fun, but functional.... Black and the desert just sucks LOL

#20 OFFLINE   interceptor

interceptor

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 15-January 08

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

tsb 07/05/13 addresess this concern and it states that cars in storage or limited use MAY need to use a battery tender to keep the charge maintained. when you go to the dealer and they can't find a problem[ and i stress if they don't find a problem] they will tell you this and it's a direct quote from a FORD bulletin,i know i work at one.

#21 ONLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 13,552 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

tsb 07/05/13 addresess this concern and it states that cars in storage or limited use MAY need to use a battery tender to keep the charge maintained. when you go to the dealer and they can't find a problem[ and i stress if they don't find a problem] they will tell you this and it's a direct quote from a FORD bulletin,i know i work at one.

Does the tsb tell you to to remove the battery connections ? Any chance of posting this tsb Thanks

#22 OFFLINE   interceptor

interceptor

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 15-January 08

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

Does the tsb tell you to to remove the battery connections ? Any chance of posting this tsb Thanks

it doesn't say to remove connections just to use a battery tender if stored for extended periods of time.i'm not allowed to post it but you can get it at a dealer or on the net. if someone else has it maybe they can post it.

#23 ONLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 13,552 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

it doesn't say to remove connections just to use a battery tender if stored for extended periods of time.i'm not allowed to post it but you can get it at a dealer or on the net. if someone else has it maybe they can post it.

Thanks _ You mentioned a site to check tsb mustbe a Ford site ?

#24 OFFLINE   SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Team Shelby Member

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Joined 27-April 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

it doesn't say to remove connections just to use a battery tender if stored for extended periods of time.I'm not allowed to post it but you can get it at a dealer or on the net. if someone else has it maybe they can post it.

This is storage? So does Ford classify storage as two weeks? Three weeks? Four???? To me this is vary vague and can be interpreted in many ways! Any help?
Car sold in August 09, traded to a Sport Trac... not as much fun, but functional.... Black and the desert just sucks LOL

#25 OFFLINE   interceptor

interceptor

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 15-January 08

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

This is storage? So does Ford classify storage as two weeks? Three weeks? Four???? To me this is vary vague and can be interpreted in many ways! Any help?

they say a month or more.but realize that if the battery isn't fully charged when sitting ,it will drain a lot quicker, this is why it's important to look at the charge indicator on the battery itself, it shoud have a geen ball in it.

Edited by interceptor, 23 January 2008 - 05:17 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   JeffIsHereToo

JeffIsHereToo

Jeff

• 8,034 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

Okay, now I'm done.

CB

ok. I work for a major computer company and you sound like some of our notebook users. Battery life is influenced by MANY things. The DVD player can cut battery time in half. A wireless card can suck it dry in no time. A badly written application can suck up processor cycles and raise the power consumption or kick the fans on also reducing battery life. The number of times you do this and drain the battery, called cycles, over time will kill the battery. In short there are many things, most outside the control of the manufacturer that can cause issues. In some cases it's a perfect storm, a battery that won't hold a full charge, while someone watches a DVD on a warm day using a poorly written program sucking up the processor and cycling the fans. All the customer knows, or cares about, is the battery that is supposed to last 4-5 hours last 1-2 hours. We look like the jerks. I'm not saying there isn't an issue but only that there are many MANY things to consider and it's not all cut and dry and just because your wife's 05 had a bad cell, and my 05 Mustang GT went two years, even in cold Chicago, never failing to start right up, doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot either way.
2013 Boss 302 (Grabber Blue) #2
2007 Shelby GT (White) #2621
2005 Mustang GT (Mineral Gray)
1989 Mustang GT (White)
1984 Mustang GT (Red)
1979 Mustang Cobra (Jade Green

Team Shelby State Director for AR

#27 OFFLINE   Alloy Dave

Alloy Dave

Enthusiast of all makes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts
  • Joined 30-March 06

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

:huh:

I just gave you my thoughts...read my post again. Try charging the battery, use the ammeter test the guy mentions above. Try the ammeter test with the doors unlocked, and then try it again with the doors locked. Let us know the results. We want to know if locking the doors causes more juice to be drained via the security system.
3/27/06 - Material Hold (ordered), 11/6/06 - Sub to plant, 11/14/06 - Segmented, 11/22/06 - Released from plant, 11/27/06 - Bucked (yes, bucked AFTER released from plant), 11/29/06 - Produced and sent to striping, 12/13/06 - Released from foreign plant, 1/1/07 - Shipped (car hauler), 1/3/07 - Sold

#28 OFFLINE   rpretzel

rpretzel

Boost Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Joined 21-November 05

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:49 AM

I got this post from a guy in the know on another site:

FYI-You have to actually drive the car to get the alt. to charge the battery.The batteries in the new Mustangs will last about 3 weeks while parked.The electrical systems on these cars are what we call on the network.While these cars are parked and turned off the network actually powers 7 modules,anti theft switches and the amps in the stereo.After 30 minutes the network goes into sleep mode but still powers all items mentioned.If you pop the trunk or open the door the network wakes up and stays awake for 30 minutes as long as nothing else is used in the car then goes back into sleep mode.The reason you hear sometimes to turn your radio off before you turn the car off is the ACM or audio module draws 4 amps and usually the most likely module to go bad.If the ACM goes bad it never goes into sleep mode and draws 4 continuous amps till the battery is dead,which doesn't take long.Hope this helps.

Reposting this since some folks seem to have missed it.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
- George Orwell

2007 Shelby GT500 - Vista Blue/Tungsten Stripes
Ordered: March 27th, 2006. Woo Hoo!!!
Home: May 4, 2007

733 rwhp / 721 rwtq

Mods & Accessories:
2.9L Whipple Supercharger - Jon Lund Tune - 3.0" S/C Pulley - Whipple 160mm Throttle Body - JLT Blue Carbon Fiber CAI - Bosch 72lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump - HPX MAF Sensor - Innovators West +10% Billet Aluminum Balancer Pulley - AR Long Tube Headers - AR X-Pipe w/ High-Flow Cats - Magnaflow 3" Cat-Backs - C&R Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger - C&R High-Capacity Radiator - DSS 3.5" Aluminum 1-Piece Drive Shaft - FRPP 3.73 Gears - FRPP Short Throw Shifter - FRPP Lowering Springs - Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts - Evo Billet LCAs - BMR UCA - Evo Adjustable Panhard Bar & Brace - S&W Torque Box Braces - JLT Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover and Fuse Box Cover - Cobra Floormats - Shelby Trunk Mat - Cobra Valve Stem Caps - Carroll Shelby Dash Plaque - Shelby GT500 Sill Plates - Scott Drake Billet Engine Caps - Vista Blue Mirror Covers - Custom Vista Blue w/ Tungsten Stripes Strut Tower Brace - MAG Strut Tower Caps - Shorty Antenna - Sequential Tail Lights - Steeda Hood Struts - 27% Window Tint - GT500 dead pedal - GrabberPony.com Shift Knob

Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   interceptor

interceptor

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 15-January 08

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:57 AM

Reposting this since some folks seem to have missed it.

the only concern with this is if the battery is dead or low. it would take 2 hours at 1500 rpm to fully charge the battery off the cars charging system.

#30 OFFLINE   GT-H 227

GT-H 227

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-December 07

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:51 AM

I have an interesting problem related to battery drain. When the battery was dying, I opened the door and the window went down like it should. It didn't go back up. I opened the door again as the battery died and it went down a bit farther. I have since fully recharged the battery, started the car and put the window up and down a few times. The window now will not go up to the original closed position. I have to do it manually when I am in the car, but when I get out of the car it stays down that little bit. How do I reset the memory for the window so it closes properly when the door is closed? Or is this something that Ford itself will have to correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users