GT500FLYBOY

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Joined 16-September 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

I have an interesting problem related to battery drain. When the battery was dying, I opened the door and the window went down like it should. It didn't go back up. I opened the door again as the battery died and it went down a bit farther. I have since fully recharged the battery, started the car and put the window up and down a few times. The window now will not go up to the original closed position. I have to do it manually when I am in the car, but when I get out of the car it stays down that little bit. How do I reset the memory for the window so it closes properly when the door is closed? Or is this something that Ford itself will have to correct?

Read your manual to reset. It's easy.

Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0078

2007 Shelby GT500. Ordered 7/31/06. Built 2/8/07. Delivered 3/5/07.

40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 CSM07XL0078 completed 3/24/08.

Whipple 2.9L supercharger, 3.25" pulley, lower IW pulley,

Whipple monoblade TB. C&R radiator, dual fan I/C heat exchanger.
730 RWHP, 680 RWTQ. 1/4 11.18 @ 127.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 OFFLINE   GT500FLYBOY

GT500FLYBOY

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Joined 16-September 06

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

Defintely go with a battery tender. My original battery was replaced just yesterday by my dealer since it was fried. The first time it went dead back in October it took over 3 weeks. The next time it was maybe 2-3 weeks. Then it was a week. I finally got a battery tender, but it was too late for my original battery. It couldn't keep a charge for more than a few hours.

I got this Battery Tender Jr. for $20. Works just fine.

http://www.derbycycl...ex.cgi?pid=2601

#33 OFFLINE   GT-H 227

GT-H 227

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-December 07

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

Read your manual to reset. It's easy.

Never thought of looking there. Dumb on my part. You are right - so simple - took all of 2 seconds. Thanks! Also, thanks for the link for the battery tender. I'll have to pick one up to save some grief in the future.

Edited by GT-H 227, 12 February 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#34 OFFLINE   SHELBYGTH

SHELBYGTH

Team Shelby New Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 18-December 07

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

There must be a more significant problem...

I drove my car 3 days ago. It started with no problems and ran great. Then, the battery was drained when trying to start it this afternoon :banghead:. Any battery should hold a charge for more than three days, unless the battery is bad or there is a voltage drain when the car is off. The lights, the Sirius and the radio were all off. Since the first time the battery drained I am very careful to ensure these items are off before putting it back in the garage.

This is the second time in the past few months the battery drained in less than a week. I have had the battery drain three times since September. Yet at times it has sit 3-4 weeks and it starts with no problems.

Will be bringing it to the Ford dealer in hopes they can identify the issue. If there are any Ford tech's out there who read this, please let us GT-H owners know if there is a known problem...

Thanks...

#35 OFFLINE   bittersun

bittersun

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

I have the same problem with my GT500. It sits in my garage for about two-three weeks at a time and insofar, I had to jump the car three times. I finally was able to take it to the dealer and they charged the battery and told me all systems checked out fine. Their recommendation is to drive the car once or twice a week so the battery wouldn't drain..which I don't buy it at all because that's putting extra unnecessary miles on the car. Other solutions people on this forum have suggested is to use a battery tender. I just can't believe that a car as expensive as the GT500 would have this problem. Ford should have fixed or at least, identified that there is an underlying problem with battery drain before they let the dealers sell these type of cars.

Although, how come there are those GT-H owners who don't have this problem? So, it makes think that there is an electrical drain somewhere and that not all modules are going on to sleep mode when they should.

Oh, I live in Hawaii so there is not a lot of road to drive the car around except for getting stuck on H-1 in the middle of traffic!

I am debating whether I should take the car back (there's a Lemon law here in Hawaii) or suck it up and deal with this problem until the car dies on its own.

The car is still in the dealer. I'm supposed to discuss my options with the service manager this afternoon. I'll post a follow up comment on this thread.

#36 OFFLINE   1yountfan

1yountfan

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Bottom line: this is new/newer car.................this shouldn't even be an issue! Ford needs to figure it out and fix!

#37 OFFLINE   bittersun

bittersun

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

Bottom line: this is new/newer car.................this shouldn't even be an issue! Ford needs to figure it out and fix!

I agree 100%. Just got off the phone with the service manager for my 2008 GT 500. And I've explained to him what had happened in the past few weeks. They asked me if they could keep the car for another week to see if the car would start by next week.

Here's a brief history:

Bought the car from the showroom 28 Oct 07. Drove it home and had it out for quite a few times on the road during the month of November.
Dec 07, it was only driven once for about 5 miles (reason being, I just had a baby and my husband deployed to Iraq, so I was able to take the car out on the 17th of December around our neighborhood)

4 Jan 08, the car didn't start and I had to jump it. I drove it for 40 miles.

17 Jan 08, the car started and drove it for again, 40 miles.

26 Jan 08, the car started but I only left it in the garage on idle for 5 minutes.

3 Feb 08, the car didn't start and again, I had to jump it. I drove it for 20 miles.

10 Feb 08, the car DIDN'T start and already frustrated, jumped the car and drove it for about 20 miles.

13 Feb 08, the car didn't start and I wasn't able to jump it at all!!! The battery was completely drained. I called the Ford Dealer here to take a look at the car as soon as they can. They weren't able to come to my rescue until 19 Feb, and the car easily started when they brought in a stand alone battery charge. Of course, initially, they suggested that I should call Roadside Assistance to have someone tow the car...I laughed synically and to my disbelief, I told him "hell, no". The only way the car is getting out of my garage is to bubble wrap it and then get towed.

19 - 21 Feb.... car is still in the dealer, service manager told me that there is a Ford Bulletin out there that mentioned this problem on the newer Mustangs and recommends to have the car driven once a week. Again, not the ultimate option for a brand new car!!! So...as it stands, it is still in the dealer's service dock sitting quietly until they will make an attempt to start it next week. The only good thing that is happening right now is that the sales manager wants to make sure that we are 100% satisfied with the service and that the car is taken care off before I bring it home again.

#38 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 13,128 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

Yes it is definately a problem Ford should address . For Ford to put out a TSb & tell you if you don`t drive it for 2 weeks to install a battery tender is not acceptable.The battery is too small for the voltage draw when it is sitting.

Edited by shelby001, 21 February 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   Alloy Dave

Alloy Dave

Enthusiast of all makes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts
  • Joined 30-March 06

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

Yes it is definately a problem Ford should address . For Ford to put out a TSb & tell you if you don`t drive it for 2 weeks to install a battery tender is not acceptable.The battery is too small for the voltage draw when it is sitting.

Or maybe the voltage draw is too high. We need some electrical whiz (Dan, got an ammeter?) to measure the drain while the car is sitting...and do some comparisons to other cars, maybe SGTs...and to other GT500s. In other words, is the draw from a GT500 that has a known history of the battery dying (like the person who started this thread) the same as the draw from MY GT500 (which has had no such issues)?

I do think there may be some additional factors, such as temperature where it's stored, whether you lock the car (security system may be activated), and so on. However, I agree that you should be able to let the car sit for two weeks without starting it...especially on a brand new car.

I seriously doubt that anyone would be able to get a favorable lemon law ruling on this particular issue. The lemon law (at least in the state I'm familiar with...Ohio) was designed for the most egregious cases. My brother had a car taken back via the lemon law in Ohio back in the late '80s. He had crankshafts break 4 times in a year on a V6 car...and my brother is not a hot rodder...this was a family usage car.

Dave
3/27/06 - Material Hold (ordered), 11/6/06 - Sub to plant, 11/14/06 - Segmented, 11/22/06 - Released from plant, 11/27/06 - Bucked (yes, bucked AFTER released from plant), 11/29/06 - Produced and sent to striping, 12/13/06 - Released from foreign plant, 1/1/07 - Shipped (car hauler), 1/3/07 - Sold

#40 OFFLINE   winkyinc

winkyinc

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 12-January 08

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

Or maybe the voltage draw is too high. We need some electrical whiz (Dan, got an ammeter?) to measure the drain while the car is sitting...and do some comparisons to other cars, maybe SGTs...and to other GT500s. In other words, is the draw from a GT500 that has a known history of the battery dying (like the person who started this thread) the same as the draw from MY GT500 (which has had no such issues)?

I do think there may be some additional factors, such as temperature where it's stored, whether you lock the car (security system may be activated), and so on. However, I agree that you should be able to let the car sit for two weeks without starting it...especially on a brand new car.

I seriously doubt that anyone would be able to get a favorable lemon law ruling on this particular issue. The lemon law (at least in the state I'm familiar with...Ohio) was designed for the most egregious cases. My brother had a car taken back via the lemon law in Ohio back in the late '80s. He had crankshafts break 4 times in a year on a V6 car...and my brother is not a hot rodder...this was a family usage car.

Dave

I had a battery issue from day 1. Got a battery tender and that worked fine, but I still took it into the dealer for a check up. Told him I had to charge the bat about 3 or 4 times. Since I had it on the tender the levels were fine and they could not test it properly. I left the car for 10 days and the bat died. Jumped it and took it in. They tested it and it failed. They put in a new one under warranty and said there is now a service bulletin that the car has to run at least 15 minutes to get the levels back up. While this helps somewhat, it still doesn't address the overall issue. I have other cars that sit for weeks without dying. And while the battery tender does keep the charge up, it doesn't address whatever is the real issue. I'll keep an eye on it and report back in a few weeks or so.
Neil

#41 OFFLINE   hertz86

hertz86

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

Guys this is my first post. I had to jump in because I just experienced the battery drain problem. I have owned #86 since Christmas without a problem. I had to park it at the airport for 11 days and when I returned to the car the battery was completely drained. This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed! I will take it in this Monday and will post the result. A battery tender would not have helped me but cmon it should not be needed!

#42 OFFLINE   AKSHELBY

AKSHELBY

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 01-February 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:cars

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

Hey guys i worked on GM products for 15 years and Cadillacs are the worst for dead batteries. I cant count the number of times i have had to diagnose battery draws and dead batteries. Most of the time it depends on the car and how many computers are in the car, they all draw power. But the most common thing i found was anykind of charger plugged into the cig lighter. Even the little led light on they charger can kill the battery depending on who manufactured it ..

#43 OFFLINE   ohioshelby

ohioshelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:59 AM

Hey guys i worked on GM products for 15 years and Cadillacs are the worst for dead batteries. I cant count the number of times i have had to diagnose battery draws and dead batteries. Most of the time it depends on the car and how many computers are in the car, they all draw power. But the most common thing i found was anykind of charger plugged into the cig lighter. Even the little led light on they charger can kill the battery depending on who manufactured it ..

i have found that if you leave the doors unlocked the battery will stay up.over the last 4 months i have tried locking my doors= dead unlocked = not dead odd but true someone else try it and see.i keep mine in a garage so i dont have to lock my doors

#44 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 13,128 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

Makes sense the anti - theft is off not draining the battery.

#45 OFFLINE   gene64cobra

gene64cobra

Team Shelby Member #133

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Interests:cars, basketball and hunting

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

other than a battery tender has there been any resolution to the problem. i have not had any problems til about 3 wks ago. now i have had to jump start the car twice. i cannot think of anything different that i have done. it will be going to the dealer next week for a battery test, and possibly a new battery if that is the problem this time. thanks for the imput. gene
gene

03 Mach 1
06H0209
06H0235
07H0235

#46 OFFLINE   GT500FLYBOY

GT500FLYBOY

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Joined 16-September 06

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

other than a battery tender has there been any resolution to the problem. i have not had any problems til about 3 wks ago. now i have had to jump start the car twice. i cannot think of anything different that i have done. it will be going to the dealer next week for a battery test, and possibly a new battery if that is the problem this time. thanks for the imput. gene

Make sure to put a load on it when they test. They'll first test it without a load and say it's fine. Turn on lights and radio and such without the car ruinning. If you have a bad battery - it will take a dive quickly and they should see a bad cell.

#47 OFFLINE   gene64cobra

gene64cobra

Team Shelby Member #133

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

Make sure to put a load on it when they test. They'll first test it without a load and say it's fine. Turn on lights and radio and such without the car ruinning. If you have a bad battery - it will take a dive quickly and they should see a bad cell.

thanks for the information. i will make sure they do that.
gene

03 Mach 1
06H0209
06H0235
07H0235

#48 OFFLINE   winkyinc

winkyinc

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 12-January 08

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

Personally I think this problem is worse than we think. I have two GT-H coupes and have had this problem with both. I charged the battery and took it in to the dealer. He said he could not properly check it so I had to let it sit to drain the battery and then jump it to bring it in. They replaced the battery. I went away on a business trip for a week and came back to two dead batteries. Charged them and hooked a battery tender, seems to be holding, but not what I really want. Meanwhile I was at a car show and talked to other non-GT-H Shelby owners. Some have had the same problem. I've even tried making sure the radio was turned off, and the doors were not locked but it did not make any difference that I could see. My dealer's answer was that I can't let the car sit for more than 3 or 4 days without driving it for at least 15 to 30 minutes. Lots of help that was. I now carry jumper cables even on a short pleasure run.
I also have an 05 V6 as our daily driver, but since we use it nearly every day we have not had a problem. I guess I have to give this one up and start driving the GT-Hs as dailies just to keep the batteries charged.
Isn't there something Shelby/Ford can do to solve this?

#49 OFFLINE   GTH111

GTH111

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 29-June 08

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

I have the same problem. If you google "mustang dead battery " you'll see that it affects all 05 and up models. If you ask ford it's not an issue. I think more people need to start complaining.
Starting by filling this out.
https://secure.ford....leServiceIssues

#50 OFFLINE   winkyinc

winkyinc

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 12-January 08

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

I have the same problem. If you google "mustang dead battery " you'll see that it affects all 05 and up models. If you ask ford it's not an issue. I think more people need to start complaining.
Starting by filling this out.
https://secure.ford....leServiceIssues

I may have come across a partial solution. While at my Mustang Club meeting I talked to another member who has a GT-H and other Shelbys, and was having problems with both the Hertz and other Shelbys. When they got the GT-H they pulled the Shaker Audio system out and put in a different brand. This seemed to stop the problem. When the newest Shelby arrived, they switched radios. The car with the Shaker went back to draining the battery while the car with the new system went as long as 7 weeks and still started up on the first try.
I looked at the fuse set up in the owner's manual and there are several for the radio that are located under the dash as well as under the hood, so pulling fuses would be a pain in the butt. But maybe if someone is familiar with the wiring of the radio there may be a way to install a line switch to cut power to the radio when not in use.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

#51 OFFLINE   twicebitten

twicebitten

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 607 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:sports.females

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

well another idea that might be a problem how many people here have lojack in their car.i have a 03 cobra with the same problem . 3 weeks dead battery.

08 gt500kr csm#297
tvs,2.65,revan racing cooling package,shelby kicker sound ,door sills

09 gt500 red stripe
jlt cai,jon lund tune

photo b0dd6623-08c0-45a3-b0a6-56d83af7c046_zpse98dc13d.jpg 2014 gt500

#52 OFFLINE   gene64cobra

gene64cobra

Team Shelby Member #133

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

well another idea that might be a problem how many people here have lojack in their car.i have a 03 cobra with the same problem . 3 weeks dead battery.

what is lojack. sorry i have never heard of that.
gene

03 Mach 1
06H0209
06H0235
07H0235

#53 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 4,398 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

Low Jack is an anti-theft device that is an after market device.
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#54 OFFLINE   gene64cobra

gene64cobra

Team Shelby Member #133

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

Low Jack is an anti-theft device that is an after market device.

thanks h0050. that makes sense.
gene

03 Mach 1
06H0209
06H0235
07H0235

#55 OFFLINE   1967_fastback

1967_fastback

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 30-March 08
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

I have owned #40 since April 12th and not had any problems with it until a few days ago.I do not drive the car everyday.Maybe once every 2 weeks.The last time it was out was june 21st for our local High school auto show.It has been parked since then.I went out to try and program a ignition key in it last Thursday night and it was deader than dead.The dealership I bought it from told me that this happened once to them and it was a bad battery so they replaced it right before I took delivery of the car.This is the longest period the car has sat since I have owned it.I feel it is a bunch of crap if Ford is telling us to install battery tenders/drive the car more.There is a problem.I will try to cruise around on FMC Dealer tonight and see if I can find anything out / Search for some TSB's.

James
2006 GT-H #40
1991 LX Vert
1990 GT Vert
1967 Fastback
1991 Z-28 Vert

#56 OFFLINE   awakeinAZ

awakeinAZ

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,302 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Region:Mountain
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

James- I don't know if you will locate a TSB but, the battery problem threads I have seen MOSTLY come down to the Shaker unit. Make sure you turn it off before turning the key off. One guy isolated it pretty well. He had two Mustang GT's and swaped the Shaker to find out the Mustang with Shaker unit "A" now had a battery problem when swapped into car B.
Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   gene64cobra

gene64cobra

Team Shelby Member #133

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

had the same problem. so i traced my steps. the only thing i can remember doing differently was getting into the car to get something out w/o starting it up. as well as making sure the satalite radio is off and the radio is off don't lock the doors. and do not open the door to get something out w/o starting the car. have not had any problems since, but as well i start the car every 3 days let it sit for at least 15 min. if i cannot drive it. pain in the butt but what can you do. thanks gene :banghead:
gene

03 Mach 1
06H0209
06H0235
07H0235

#58 OFFLINE   one_quik_pony

one_quik_pony

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Joined 17-July 08

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

Hello all!

I just brought 06H462 to her new home last weekend. I was warned by the PO that given a week of not driving the car, it would not start.

Since I cannot leave anything alone, I started poking around my new baby with my multimeter. I did verify that there is an oscillating battery drain of 500 mA up to 1.5A with everything turned off. THIS IS TERRIBLE!

Apparently the Shaker 500 unit is the culprit...and definitely not the Sirius satellite unit. By removing fuse #56 (RADIO) the parasitic drain will be reduced to 113 mA, which is an acceptable level...just enough to keep the computer memory alive, and not drain the battery for quite a while.

Just removing the fuse is an option. It is NOT an option I'm satisfied with! Adding a battery tender is also not acceptable, and is a poor excuse for a fix.

I can troubleshoot the problem deeper when I have more time...but, if anyone has more information on the Shaker 500 unit, please let me know. It seems the internet is LOADED with posts from owners of 2005-up Mustangs with the same problem.

UPDATE: Turning the radio off before turning off the car seems to have no effect on the current draw.

Edited by one_quik_pony, 29 July 2008 - 08:27 PM.

2007 Mustang Shelby GT500-
Glassback, Foose "one-off" rear spoiler, CDC Hand-fabricated front grille, CCW/BFG KDW2's, Magnaflow, Rockford Fosgate Development Car, Tokico D-Spec, painted stripes/rockers/mirrors, C&L CAI, VMP Tune, HID's, functional brake cooling ducts
On display in hotel lobby at Mid-America Tulsa, 2007/SEMA Las Vegas, 2007

2006 Mustang Shelby GT-H 06H462
1993 Mustang Cobra, ProCharged 302, 460 rwhp
1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0, restored for Mom!
1990 Mustang GT, manual windows, locks, sunroof
1987 Mustang GT, R.I.P. my good friend!
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo, 4-cyl/330 rwhp

#59 OFFLINE   winkyinc

winkyinc

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 12-January 08

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

Hello all!

I just brought 06H462 to her new home last weekend. I was warned by the PO that given a week of not driving the car, it would not start.

Since I cannot leave anything alone, I started poking around my new baby with my multimeter. I did verify that there is an oscillating battery drain of 500 mA up to 1.5A with everything turned off. THIS IS TERRIBLE!

Apparently the Shaker 500 unit is the culprit...and definitely not the Sirius satellite unit. By removing fuse #56 (RADIO) the parasitic drain will be reduced to 113 mA, which is an acceptable level...just enough to keep the computer memory alive, and not drain the battery for quite a while.

Just removing the fuse is an option. It is NOT an option I'm satisfied with! Adding a battery tender is also not acceptable, and is a poor excuse for a fix.

I can troubleshoot the problem deeper when I have more time...but, if anyone has more information on the Shaker 500 unit, please let me know. It seems the internet is LOADED with posts from owners of 2005-up Mustangs with the same problem.

UPDATE: Turning the radio off before turning off the car seems to have no effect on the current draw.

And of course fuse that fuse has to be located under the hood. If it were under the dash we could easily add a cut-off switch. Any idea if it could be done with this fuse? Does anyone know if there is a line some where in the car we can tap into that would allow a cut-off to be installed? ANYONE AT FORD OR SHELBY HAVE ANY IDEAS TO HELP US OUT????????

#60 OFFLINE   96season

96season

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 06-October 07

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

after having this prob on gth352...i found that by turning off air,shaker500 & sirius
before shutting off engine

WORKS

previous battery drain in 3 days

now NO BATTERY DRAIN for at least 3weeks

as that is the longest it has sat at a time

shes a driver and the public is a clamoring for more

with all the ferraris out there she gats all the attention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users