#1 OFFLINE   powerstangs

powerstangs

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-November 05

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:56 AM

Anyone know the coefficient of drag (Cd) for the '05-'06 Mustang? :)

#2 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

Need DOHC alloy big-block!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,091 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:05 AM

Anyone know the coefficient of drag (Cd) for the '05-'06 Mustang? :)

Dunno! But we can take an educated guess. The SN95 GT was .38 and I've read the new design is about 10% more aero... that along with other speculation I've read would say about .34 or .35. By contrast the old vette was .31 and the new vette is .28 (my wife's '93 Taurus wagon is .32 -- go figure!). Hope this helps, but the new Mustang GT num is just a guess. You might try a post at AAI Employees thread... a lot of those guys are close to the know.

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

"One man with courage is a majority." --Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users