RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

I'm thinking about adding the Roush blower to an '07 GT.

Anyone have one - or know of any articles on them?

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2016 S550 - GT - a few mods - 315 Nittos! 17x10x5 Racestars -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. - 

#2 OFFLINE   deuce

deuce

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 01-June 06

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

Not sure about Roush but Trilogy Motorsports puts together a really nice package for the Marauder. They have a 4.6 3v unit coming soon.

#3 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

Thanks

I'm drawn to Roush mostly due to the 3/36 warranty.

I think it's around $5,600.

Not sure about Roush but Trilogy Motorsports puts together a really nice package for the Marauder. They have a 4.6 3v unit coming soon.

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2016 S550 - GT - a few mods - 315 Nittos! 17x10x5 Racestars -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. - 

#4 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 20,223 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

RUFDRAFT

Check March issue of Mustang Monthly tells you what Roush has out for the Mustang .
Stage 3 gives you the Roots style Roush charger with intercooler & obtains 417 h.p along with leather seat trim, with Roush embosed in the seats,plus suspension up grades, exterior fascia, hood scoop,louvers, a chin spoiler, Quater window louvers. etc. Check it out.

Shelby 001

#5 OFFLINE   JETSOLVER

JETSOLVER

Tired of being interrupted by the same sad little trolls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Joined 16-August 05
  • Interests:science,reading, The cars!

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

Got your back again Ruf :party: fnsweet.com/Roushcharger install Lots of good stuff there.
Fighting ignorance with every post, because stupidity is a crime.

#6 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

Hi Jet - ha - you're right. And I'm much obliged.

I think going this route will let me sleep easier. A strong GT - and easier on the wallet.

Shelby001 - thanks - but a Roush 3 will be more than I want to spend. I just want some performance enhancements and not bodywork. I will, however, take a blower from the Cat in the Hat! :shift:

I like the element of surprise on the street - you dig? :happy feet:

Got your back again Ruf :party: fnsweet.com/Roushcharger install Lots of good stuff there.

#7 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 20,223 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi Jet - ha - you're right. And I'm much obliged.

I think going this route will let me sleep easier. A strong GT - and easier on the wallet.

Shelby001 - thanks - but a Roush 3 will be more than I want to spend. I just want some performance enhancements and not bodywork. I will, however, take a blower from the Cat in the Hat! :shift:

I like the element of surprise on the street - you dig? :happy feet:

I DIG - :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

AN 07` G.T With A Blower , set of gears , a Shifter kit ,remove all exterior badges , set of black rims with hub caps & dark tinted windows & maybe a bottle hook up in the trunk.
OH & don`t forget the license plate that reads COLOR ME GON.

I DIG! I DIG! I DIG!

OH SH*t JUST BUY A SHELBY

#8 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:49 PM

:hysterical:

I'm going to show my age now.

Roger Lindamood had one of the original "funny cars" back in the late '60's - it was a Charger called Color Me Gone!

No - no "bottles!"

I had a buddy back in '67 who bought a Plymouth Satellite 4-dr sedan (base model) - but had a Hemi. Hubcaps and all! We surprised a lot of guys with that one.

This GT will not have any aftermarket bodywork or graphics - just the subtle whine of the blower.

:rockon:

We may - however - up the boost just a wee bit from 5psi....

Oh - and Ford Racing gears and springs and a short throw shifter.

I DIG - :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

AN 07` G.T With A Blower , set of gears , a Shifter kit ,remove all exterior badges , set of black rims with hub caps & dark tinted windows & maybe a bottle hook up in the trunk.
OH & don`t forget the license plate that reads COLOR ME GON.
I DIG! I DIG! I DIG!

OH SH*t JUST BUY A SHELBY

Edited by RUFDRAFT, 21 June 2006 - 05:51 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   VNMOUS1

VNMOUS1

488/8152 Coupes. 169/2153 Red.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Joined 11-February 06
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Racing, motorcycling, shooting, playing drums, golfing, scuba diving.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:42 AM

Any reason you wouldn't use the Ford Racing/Whipple twin screw?

:shift:

bj

cobra_smaller.jpg

BJ McCarty
General Manager
bj@vmpperformance.com
(321) 206-9369 ext 112

#10 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:06 AM

I just talked to Ford Racing - the Whipple hasn't yet been released.

Coming soon. :bandance:

#11 OFFLINE   Orf

Orf

Commander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

Not that my opinion matters, but I'd wait for the Whipple.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Alloy/Tungsten - Premium Int with red inserts
Ordered 3/14/06 Produced 9/6/06 Delivered 9/23/06

97% Stock

#12 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 20,223 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:01 PM

Not that my opinion matters, but I'd wait for the Whipple.

Does the Wippple come with new injectors? THE ROush kit includes the injectors.

#13 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

Not sure - but I'll ask.

I spoke to Whipple today. They're going to release the blower on July 1st.

475 RWHP - and polished! :bandance:

10 lbs of boost.

#14 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

Need DOHC alloy big-block!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

Not sure - but I'll ask.

I spoke to Whipple today. They're going to release the blower on July 1st.

475 RWHP - and polished! :bandance:

10 lbs of boost.

Lookie here what Shelby Autos just announced in a joint offering with West Coast Customs -- 500HP GT mustang. Only 25 will be made and they'll be first shown at the Ford tent in SEMA '06 this fall in Las Vegas. Even though this is a typical west coast customs in that it's a bit overkilled with bodywork, THREE 10 subwhoofers, mid-basses, bulges and lights (lights are nice!), what cought my eye is 500HP on a GT 4.6L Clearly the bottom end is getting tweaked for that. Sooooo, mechanically, this almost certainly has to be the prototype of what Shelby will likely announce as the CS8 kit (just my opinion, but I knew there was a reason they wouldn't talk about it at all for the past 6 weeks or so; that's why I speculated last week that an announcement must be getting close). It uses the Vortech s/c.

(I still think the Roush kit is the best value/warranty for a simple add-on though).

Anyhow, if interested, he's the link to the announcement. Shelby/WCC -- Could this be Shelby CS8 components?Also, if you click on "Vehicles" at the top of the page, six pics come up... it's the top row right-most pic

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

"One man with courage is a majority." --Thomas Jefferson

#15 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

Yep. After a lot of thought - the Roush warranty is the deciding factor.

I only wish they put out a polished version - that would look very sweet. :rockon:

#16 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

Yep. After a lot of thought - the Roush warranty is the deciding factor.

I only wish they put out a polished version - that would look very sweet. :rockon:

There are places who will do that. If you know a bike/car parts fabricator they would know who. Or custom car/engine builders?

How does the Roush come, rough aluminum? or black?

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

#17 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

Black.

Good idea, though. I'll look into it. Thanks, man!

Polished is the way to go. :rockon:

#18 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

Black.

Good idea, though. I'll look into it. Thanks, man!

Polished is the way to go. :rockon:

Yeah, if the black is just annodized aluminum, it might polish up easily by someone with the right equip.

#19 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

Negatory on the polishing - if you take the Roush apart - good bye warranty!

Oh, well.

Whipple only warranties the blower (for 12 months) and no drivetrain coverage.

#20 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

Negatory on the polishing - if you take the Roush apart - good bye warranty!

Oh, well.

Whipple only warranties the blower (for 12 months) and no drivetrain coverage.

The Roush is a great choice IMO... the warranty would make the diff for me too.

Don't know if your can up the boost on the Roush -- I bet with the warranty comes a relief gate of some sort so that you can't effectively overdrive it -- just guessing tho.

-Dan

#21 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

Hi Dan - let me first say that I've truly enjoyed your presence on this site!

You're very informed and articulate!

Now - I'm sure we could change pulleys on the Roush to add boost - but I'm also pretty sure it would void the warranty.

If I had unlimited funds - I'd go for the Whipple and say What the Hell!

But - I'm a teacher who's scraping together the bucks to have what I'm going to have!

So - gotta play it conservatively. I think about 430 at the crank will handle most stop light encounters 'round here! :rockon:

Example: my Ford salesguy told me today he had a guy come in last month that ordered an F-250 and ended up spending $69k on it with mods. He's some real estate developer from FL with a Bentley. :banghead: He told my guy he has more money than he'll ever spend. Life can be tough.

Edited by RUFDRAFT, 18 July 2006 - 07:51 PM.

#22 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

Hi Dan - let me first say that I've truly enjoyed your presence on this site!

You're very informed and articulate!

Now - I'm sure we could change pulleys on the Roush to add boost - but I'm also pretty sure it would void the warranty.

If I had unlimited funds - I'd go for the Whipple and say What the Hell!

But - I'm a teacher who's scraping together the bucks to have what I'm going to have!

So - gotta play it conservatively. I think about 430 at the crank will handle most stop light encounters 'round here! :rockon:

Example: my Ford salesguy told me today he had a guy come in last month that ordered an F-250 and ended up spending $69k on it with mods. He's some real estate developer from FL with a Bentley. :banghead: He told my guy he has more money than he'll ever spend. Life can be tough.

I so totally appreciate the tradeoffs you're making, Bryan, and am somewhat envyous that you're getting your ride soon -- at least I'll get to see the pix -- I've always appreciated well-crafted sleepers :) And, who knows, maybe there's a GT (or a Boss?) down the road for me. Like you, it's hard for me to justfy the GT500 right now -- it would be trading in too much of our future I think.

Yeah, there's a lot of money out there -- 69K F250... hmmm .. a full-bling King Ranch maybe? :) I have friends who blow more in a month than wifey and I live on for a year, but I sleep well at night. I left the corporate world about a decade ago... financially ruinous but overall very beneficial (lost 90 lbs and I don't miss the relelntless stress). If I had stayed, I'd almost certainly be buying a GT500 and would worry less about financing retirement -- if I survived the insanity, that is. I guess life's a series of tradeoffs... we have a wonderfull little 5 month old grandaughter that gives us renewed perspective on what's really important -- but I do miss the good money. <sigh>

One thing I'm so enjoying about these forums is people like you, Bryan, and the depth of gearhead insight and diversity -- it's such a great thing! And addictive too (don't have to tell you that, I suspect ;-)

Do you have a delivery date yet? And did you mantion that your Ford dealer is installing the Roush kit? I saw somewhere that Roush estimates 8 hours to complete the total install. WIll be interesting to see how long it takes Ford -- undoubtedly it will be so cool!

#23 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the nice words, 68 -

We've got a great, diverse, group of gear heads here.

I've laughed my azz off a lot.

And learned a lot.

My car may be here in 3-4 weeks.

My Mustang tech at the Ford store is dying to put the blower on!

The whole service dept can't wait to see how the car turns out.

I feel like I'm 16! :rockon:

Be cool, bro

#24 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

Mustang book:

My wife just picked up this very cool book as a suprise for me.... actually I was suprised that it's a really good book!

Mustang Buyer's Guide 1964 1/2 - 1978 by Brad Bowling & Jerry Heasley
ISBN 0-7603-1547-7 Motorbooks International (MBI Publishing, St.Paul, MN)

What's really nice about it is it includes performance models including all the Shelbys.

Lists for $14.95, Amazon has it for aorund $17, but Barnes & Nobles just got in a shipment and are selling them (nationally, according to our store) in their reduced/clearance area right now for $5.98! Such a deal!!

I'm sure there are other Mustang books, but thought there might be interest. It was published in 2003 so could have been done for the 40th anniversary.

Loaded with great pix and written by two guys who know cars and mustangs -- and they give specs and options for every model -- nice little ref book... 167 pgs.

:party:

#25 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

My car may be here in 3-4 weeks.

My Mustang tech at the Ford store is dying to put the blower on!

The whole service dept can't wait to see how the car turns out.

Be cool, bro

Hi Bryan... I've been reading more on the RouchCharger and it seems to get consistently excellent reviews; I've particularly noticed that reviewers comment on the level of engineering being totaly up to OEM levels and being highly innovative and solid.

Here's two links you might be interested in. While the first is for the prior version RousCharger, it discusses the kit from the perspective of other modifications that have been tried successfully and not and is chock-full of good insight so I thought you might be interested. RouchCharger 03-04 fnswet review/info. Note especially the info on the Roush adaptve EC and also the effect of certain X-pipes.

Here's another link for the RoushCharger for the new (o5-06) mustang GT, but it's worth reading the 03-04 first since the newer review does not seem to have as much anecdotal use data in some system categories RouchCharger 05-06 fnsweet review/info. Both are well written by the same person, Sam Haymart. And both articles include links to full PDF documents on each kit (it seems like an extensively engineered kit! I saw on another site that installation is estimated at 8 hours but the installer commented that that's gotta be for someone who's already done 50 of them.)

If I spot anything on the newest RoushCharger I'll let you know, but I suspect you'll have it around when the info get out. Exciting!! Good luck, bro!

-Dan

#26 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

Dan - you are the Man!

I can't tell you how much I apprecite your research skills!

You've provided not only me, but many of our members with invaluable information.

Basically - you Rock. :rockon:

The only downside to meeting people this way is the inability to hang out with them in person!

I think many of us would have a blast talking cars and having a few brewskis! :happy feet:

#27 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:29 PM

Dan - you are the Man!

I can't tell you how much I apprecite your research skills!

You've provided not only me, but many of our members with invaluable information.

Basically - you Rock. :rockon:

The only downside to meeting people this way is the inability to hang out with them in person!

I think many of us would have a blast talking cars and having a few brewskis! :happy feet:

Thanks Bryan. You know who is an awesome researcher? JETSOLVER -- he never ceases to amaze me!

Re brewskies: + 1 & deal! If I ever get down your way I'll definately look you up. In fact I'm gonna get a brew and toast to that right now, my bro :)

#28 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

If you even get close to North Carolina - you better stop by.

We have a guest room (no cameras) and I make the best mesquite ribs on the grill for miles around, you hear? :rockon:

And - while you're here - you can take me out and give me some shifting lessons!

Edited by RUFDRAFT, 19 July 2006 - 07:03 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:24 PM

If you even get close to North Carolina - you better stop by.

We have a guest room (no cameras) and I make the best mesquite ribs on the grill for miles around, you hear? :rockon:

And - while you're here - you can take me out and give me some shifting lessons!

Hey, Bryan... just saw this post -- thanks, my friend... if I'm down your way I will certainly look you up. Mmmm, mesquite ribs... making my mouth water as I type this! ;-) And play with your 'toy' too? :party: !!!

Actually I just found some new info for you: Ford Racing Parts shows a twin screw s/c is now available for the '07 GT. No specs yet -- looks like they just put the page up. I know you're waiting for the Roush (and the warranty is what would have me going that way also) but thought you'd be interested anyway. Here's the link -- will probably be details posted there soon.

Ford Raing Parts '07 MUSTANG 4.6L 3V Twin Screw S/C Available :woohoo:

Cheerz,
Dan

#30 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,843 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

Thanks, Dan - and I'm serious about the invite, you hear?

I'll look at the Ford Racing site - but it's probably the Whipple.

Roush just posted that they have a polished version of their blower!! Woo Hoo!

Man - it would look good in the black engine bay! 425 or so at the crank with 4.10's should keep me happy.

Cheers -

edit - you can play with my "toy" if she's up for it. :hysterical:

Edited by RUFDRAFT, 13 August 2006 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users