RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

My Ford tech told me today I'll need to buy some calibration (speedo) software he'll need when installing the 4.10's.

Any leads on where to find this?

Thanks

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2016 S550 - GT - a few mods - 315 Nittos! 17x10x5 Racestars -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. - 

#2 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

Need DOHC alloy big-block!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

My Ford tech told me today I'll need to buy some calibration (speedo) software he'll need when installing the 4.10's.

Thanks

Bryan, here's a link to the FRPP dealers in NC, but note that three of them are FRPP Engine Builders... I'm thinking they might have the info you're looking for since it seems like they also do project builds. NC FRPP Dealers and Engine Builders

Also, a typical Superchips, or Hypertech, Diablo-Sport Programmer or similar, should all be able to adjust for ratio changes (I know the Hypertech does). Knowing how complete Roush kits are, I would not be suprised if the chip (or program, depending on method) Roush supplies doesn't prompt for things like gear ratio and loaded wheel radius (though I haven't seen that mentioned) because that could affect the optimum tune. Maybe the folks at Roush can give you some insight on that.

<edit:> Check out this site too: Need 4 Speed catalog. Whipple, Roush, all kinds of goodies. At the bottom of the page if you click new products and and then scroll down to the last item -- it's s speedo calibrator for '04 Mustang, but they may know where to get one for the '07 and, since they sell the Roushcharger kit, might also know if Rousch accommodates calibration as part of the kit, etc.

Good luck :)

If I find aything more specific I'll let you know, bro.

/

Edited by 68fastback, 22 July 2006 - 02:14 PM.

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

"One man with courage is a majority." --Thomas Jefferson

#3 OFFLINE   LuckySnake

LuckySnake

LuckySnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars & Planes
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:06 PM

Thanks

Do you know what this will do for your ETs and speed?

Thank you

#4 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

68 - once again - you have my back!

I called the FRP dealer in Lumberton and the calibration tool will be here Monday!

I'll deal with Roush when they release the '07 version.

Thanks! :rockon:

Blayne - stay tuned! :shift:

I might not have any ET numbers for a few months - but it has to help me get on down the road.

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2016 S550 - GT - a few mods - 315 Nittos! 17x10x5 Racestars -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. - 

#5 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

68 - once again - you have my back!

I called the FRP dealer in Lumberton and the calibration tool will be here Monday!

I'll deal with Roush when they release the '07 version.

Thanks! :rockon:

Blayne - stay tuned! :shift:

I might not have any ET numbers for a few months - but it has to help me get on down the road.

my pleasure, bro :party:

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

#6 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

Recalibrator came today.

Ford Racing part #M-9731-TO1.

#7 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:17 PM

Recalibrator came today.

Ford Racing part #M-9731-TO1.

Cool! Now when you get your tire pressures worked out you can synch that puppy up to the loaded wheel radius and know exactly how fast you're going.

From the scenes we don't want to see catagory:

"...and, Mr. Oesterreich, do you know how fast you were going?"
"Uh, well, yes, sir.... 142.79 mph, sir."
"Wha?"
"Well, I calibrated at 75 degrees on a cloudy day, so I could be off by a little, sir."
"Uh huh, well, let's just say 140 in a 65. Is that accurate enough?"
"Uh, yes, sir, close enough."
"And don't ever let me catch you doing that again."
"Uh, no, sir, never again."
:burnout:

:hysterical:

#8 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:12 PM

Ex-cuse me?

Don't you think I can shift into 5th gear? :finger:

#9 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

Ex-cuse me?

Don't you think I can shift into 5th gear? :finger:

:doh: Right! 5th gear! Even a stock GT gives that Police Charger the tail lights to look at -- just get that folding license plate option on order ;-)

#10 OFFLINE   BadTony

BadTony

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:44 PM

and what about sixth gear ?

oh... I forgot , you're talking about a GT

my bad

:poke:

#11 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:55 AM

be nice.

Ha. Just noticed - 1320 posts - a very good number, eh?

Edited by RUFDRAFT, 25 July 2006 - 10:56 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

be nice.

Wow! 1320 posts, 11 weeks... that's 120 posts a week. That's 0-60 in 3.5 days!!! :hysterical:

I'm tellin' ya wife :tease:

#13 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

no - no - how many feet in a 1/4 mile? :finger:

#14 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

no - no - how many feet in a 1/4 mile? :finger:

All depends what size shoe you wear :hysterical2:

I know, I know ;-) Just couldn't figure out anything funny to say about that :)

#15 OFFLINE   BadTony

BadTony

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

be nice.

I'm always nice..at least that's what I tell my wife.

^_^

#16 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

Off-topic: I don't remember reading any threads or posts on the top end of a GT.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's shut off electronically.

I have a tradition of running my cars "up top" at least once to say I did it! :shift:

#17 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

Off-topic: I don't remember reading any threads or posts on the top end of a GT.

I have a tradition of running my cars "up top" at least once to say I did it! :shift:

Hey Bryan, according to the Mustang Source it's drag-limited at 147mph -- but that was for the convertible. So I'm guessing it's set at 150 or 155 based on tire rating. I think on the GT it's 'resettable' with a programmer like the DiabloSport but I have no first-hand knowledge. This GT Specs link is where I got the 147mph.

#18 OFFLINE   lambbo

lambbo

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Joined 05-July 06

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:42 AM

RUF,

I don't know if you have tried it yet, but my 05' shuts down around 124@4600rpm in 4th gear(auto).
2007 Alloy/Satin Silver Kenne Bell GT500
aka "manOwar"
752rwhp/630rwtq

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,977 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

Thanks, Lammbo - I haven't been getting email notifications from the site for over a week, so I missed your response.

Yeah - I had mine up past the 140 marker and then backed off. (in 5th)

Not a big deal. I'm not a top end guy - just like to to 0-100 or so. :rockon:

#20 OFFLINE   Five Oh B

Five Oh B

Life, one 1/4 mile at a time...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Drag Racing

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:18 AM

Bryan, I have an auto in my GT. With the Diablosport Tuner I disabled the speed limiter (and moved the redline to 6500 rpms and the shift points to 6200 rpms). Had the car over 100 mph yesterday in a quick burst of 0-100, then let off. Not sure what the top end will be, but with the auto, it'll probably want to keep downshifting out of overdrive thwarting any efforts to find out! The S197 Mustangs are not nearly as aerodynamic as the SN95's were. Our Mach 1's (with the manuals) were good for 168 mph with the speed limiter removed, but the factory speed limiter was 151 mph. I would be surprised if a stock 2005-7 GT stick could top 155 mph (ungoverned) given the upright front end (bricks don't cut the air so well).

Current Ride: 2014 Mustang GT Glass Roof Coupe. Ruby Red with the 6R80 automatic.  100% stock engine & suspension.
Mods: 5000 rpm Circle-D converter, 4.10 gears, Mike Rousch tuned, O/R H-pipe, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft.
Performance: Best 1/4 mile: 11.57 @ 117+ on a 1.62 sixty foot w/ M/T ET Street 275/60/15 drag radials.
Prior Toys: 2011 Mustang Brembo GT Coupe, Vortech SuperCharged 2007 Mustang GT, 2003 Mustang Mach 1, 2000 Mustang "Spring Feature" GT, 1968 Pontiac GTO, 1972 Chevy Nova with 1966 Corvette L71 Tri-Power 427 V8 engine, 1989 Mustang 5.0L LX Sport, several other Mustangs, several Thunderbirds, etc.

14%20GT%20Signature_zpsv5dkurfe.png

#21 OFFLINE   moabman

moabman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Joined 10-May 06

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:28 PM

I think Enzo Ferrari said " "Aerodynamics is for people who don't know how to build engines." Hmmm may be time to up the boost... :burnout:
Mark
2007 GT premium covertible, alloy clearcoat, interior upgrade, premium trim, black/chamois, charcoal panel, side airbags, active anti-theft, shaker 500, autotranny
status: ordered 10/06, serialized 11/16, segment 12/4, locked 11/27, bucked 12/4, released from plant 12/8, shipped week of 12/28 ETA week of 1/7, picked up 1/9
mods: 18" Shelby Cobra GT500 rims and Michelin Pilot Sport 255/45/ZR18, Webelectrics sequential tailights, Steeda upper control arm, FRPP 5230-5GT axleback mufflers, FRPP drag pack w/ 3.73 gears, shorty headers, and CAI. FRPP handling pack with dual rate springs, front and rear swaybars with new urethane bushings and links, tuned Multimatic dampers. GT500 rear spoiler and CS front fascia. Saleen Speedlab Series VI supercharger - 475 hp version with JDM tune.
next mods - brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users