#1 OFFLINE   carnut

carnut

The Nut is Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • Joined 14-July 06

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

I haven't been doing a lot of driving on my GT. I bought it a few weeks ago with 9,000 miles on. Got a really good deal. After I took delivery, I had a 2nd gear grinding issue, a tempermental oil pressure gage and no climate control heat. So I put my list together and took it to my friendly Ford dealer.

The shift cable has been replaced, still an issue, new transaxle on its way :waiting:

Checked gage, Ford says replace the oil pump :waiting:

Changed the ac control heat, heat now works. :happy feet:

Not a whimper out of Ford, the dealership has been gracious and I am completely happy so far. It is warranty work. :happy feet:

Good thing I have I my GT500, so I still get my fix.

I read so many stories of people who are unhappy with their dealership or Ford. This is a good story that also needs to be heard.

#2 OFFLINE   moabman

moabman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Joined 10-May 06

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

Does yours have the transaxle cooler?

Glad to hear that they are taking care of you.
Mark
2007 GT premium covertible, alloy clearcoat, interior upgrade, premium trim, black/chamois, charcoal panel, side airbags, active anti-theft, shaker 500, autotranny
status: ordered 10/06, serialized 11/16, segment 12/4, locked 11/27, bucked 12/4, released from plant 12/8, shipped week of 12/28 ETA week of 1/7, picked up 1/9
mods: 18" Shelby Cobra GT500 rims and Michelin Pilot Sport 255/45/ZR18, Webelectrics sequential tailights, Steeda upper control arm, FRPP 5230-5GT axleback mufflers, FRPP drag pack w/ 3.73 gears, shorty headers, and CAI. FRPP handling pack with dual rate springs, front and rear swaybars with new urethane bushings and links, tuned Multimatic dampers. GT500 rear spoiler and CS front fascia. Saleen Speedlab Series VI supercharger - 475 hp version with JDM tune.
next mods - brakes

#3 OFFLINE   carnut

carnut

The Nut is Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • Joined 14-July 06

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Does yours have the transaxle cooler?

Glad to hear that they are taking care of you.

No, no transmission cooler. From what I have read, they are a must if you plan on excercising the car much. Apparently they will puke a little fluid under certain spirited conditions.

Yeah, they have been great. I was expecting some balking at a $14,000 trans-axle, but again, with over 30 new Fords over the years, I have never had Ford or this dealership give me hard time.

Thanks Ford.

#4 OFFLINE   Joker45

Joker45

2008 GT500 Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06
  • Interests:Family, friends and my GT 500.

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

Sounds like a great deal you have going there. Nice to hear they are taking care of you.
2008 GT500 Red w/Black Stripes Ordered 11/14/07 @ MSRP!
VIN received on 11/30/07-Receipt Date: 11/15/2007-Serialize Date: 11/29/2007-Segment Date: 11/29/2007-Sequence Date: 12/12/2007-Blend Date: 12/17/2007-Produced Date: 1/2/2008-Gate Release Date: 1/9/2008-Ship Date: 1/29/2008-Arrival Date: 2/12/2008-Sold Date: 2/14/2008

Super Snake # CSM 08SS0067 (Delivered to SAI on 10/3/08)
Picked up from SAI on 12/12/08!

#5 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

Need DOHC alloy big-block!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

Note to self: find a good reason to get lost in the southwest sometime and pretend car is broken ...then :idea: tell wifey the only place that can help us is the infamous "No Snivelling" garage just outside Phoenix :bandance: :) :happy feet: Have car towed there. See F-GT while car is being 'repaired.' :spiteful: :)

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

"One man with courage is a majority." --Thomas Jefferson

#6 OFFLINE   Snoopy

Snoopy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

What ever became of the wrecked car?

#7 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

It is still a gleam-in-the-eye of a plan, Snoop ;)

I'm just biding time so Carnut has a chance to get the F-GT all squeaky-new first :hysterical:

;-)

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

#8 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 20,303 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

Maybe you should post the dealers name in case someone close by is looking for one . Great that you are being looked after.

#9 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

:ninja: sure is, Snoop ;) :goodnight:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users