#1 OFFLINE   exrub

exrub

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 21-June 07

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

At the suggestion from another member (thanks Page), I would like to know if anyone knows for sure whether there were headrests from the 2003-ish timeframe that tilts forward and whether they are interchangeable? The ones on my '03 GT is only adjustable two ways and are too far back for any comfort.

Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   RStangsOC

RStangsOC

Geezer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • Joined 08-August 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

At the suggestion from another member (thanks Page), I would like to know if anyone knows for sure whether there were headrests from the 2003-ish timeframe that tilts forward and whether they are interchangeable? The ones on my '03 GT is only adjustable two ways and are too far back for any comfort.

Thanks!

Hey there,

No problem. The headrests are PROBABLY going to have to come from either a Mach1 or a Cobra (not 100% sure the Cobra's had the tilt forward headrests). We also have an '02 GT - and it doesnt have tilt forward headrests. What I could do is to try to swap a headrest from our Mach1 to the GT - just to see if they fit. Just for kicks - I will see if I can do that tonight :)

Page
Page Nicholson
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
(Wishing I Could Have A Mustang Again)
My LinkedIn Profile[/b]
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   RStangsOC

RStangsOC

Geezer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • Joined 08-August 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Thanks!

Hey there,

My apologies - I didnt have much of a chance to try this last night. I did look at both cars, but couldnt figure out how to actually pull the entire headrest out (it wasnt all that bright in the garage). They LOOK like they will fit the Mustang GT, but I am not 100% sure.

I was thinking though - you MIGHT want to see if you can find a complete set of either Mach1 or Cobra seats. They hold you in the seat MUCH better than the Mustang GT seats to (lots of bolster on them). You can probably find a set of used ones for a reasonable price. Just a thought.

Page
Page Nicholson
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
(Wishing I Could Have A Mustang Again)
My LinkedIn Profile[/b]
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Dig-It

Dig-It

Redneck Jedi

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,388 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
  • Region:Other

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:12 AM

I've done this seat mod. The headrests from the MACH I and the Cobra do fit the Mustang GT seats. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes per seat to swap them out.
Posted Image
The Mustangs of Chepadas Stables
2008 Shelby GT/SC Convertible - CSM No. 08SGT1716 - Boulevard cruiser / show car.
2012 BOSS 302 Laguna Seca - No. LS 337, Black with Red stripes - Track toy.

IT'S NOT ABOUT MILES PER GALLON - IT'S ABOUT SMILES PER GALLON!
KTRSD

#5 OFFLINE   exrub

exrub

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 21-June 07

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for the update and info!

Now, I have to try to find them. The local Ford parts guys tried but was unsuccessful.

#6 OFFLINE   Dig-It

Dig-It

Redneck Jedi

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,388 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
  • Region:Other

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the update and info!

Now, I have to try to find them. The local Ford parts guys tried but was unsuccessful.

I just looked. I don't have the part number anymore, but I did get them from the local Ford dealer parts department.
Posted Image
The Mustangs of Chepadas Stables
2008 Shelby GT/SC Convertible - CSM No. 08SGT1716 - Boulevard cruiser / show car.
2012 BOSS 302 Laguna Seca - No. LS 337, Black with Red stripes - Track toy.

IT'S NOT ABOUT MILES PER GALLON - IT'S ABOUT SMILES PER GALLON!
KTRSD

#7 OFFLINE   exrub

exrub

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 21-June 07

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

Just an update

I finally got around to changing the headrests on my 2003 Mustang GT. :yahoo: :dance:

Looks like not all parts people are intelligent. While the guys at one dealership says they're hard to come by, the ones at another found me the part number and said they were still available as a custom order. Here, I thought they all accessed the same parts database. :headscratch:

Anyway, I got me a pair and had the dealership service folks swap them out for me. Now, my head doesn't even travel back half the distance until they hit the headrests. :happy feet:

It would seem that they were standard features until March 2003 when they changed them to the smaller two-way adjustables. Of course, my luck, I ordered mine in April 2003. :rant2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users