#32 OFFLINE   StrayShadow

StrayShadow

07SGT2591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

I got a new hood scoop yesterday from the dealership. We opened it expecting to see the same scoop
that is on the car now. To our suprise it is not the same scoop that is on the car now. It is a very rigid
fiberglass type material that does not flex like the old scoop. Only way of mounting the scoop is with
rivits that are included. There are no bolts like the old scoop. The guy who does all the stripes and
scoops for the dealership looked at it and said the only thing it needs is a gasket under it so it will not
grab and tear the stripes as it expands and vibrates. The part that will set on the hood is not very rough
but over time he said it would damage the stripes. Does Shelby offer a gasket for the underside of the
scoop? I am very pleased with the scoop! It is rigid enough that I don't see how it could warp.
I will take some pics of the scoop before install and post them, after install as well.

Kevin
07SGT2591

100% Pure = All Original:No Mods

Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,563 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

I got a new hood scoop yesterday from the dealership. We opened it expecting to see the same scoop
that is on the car now. To our suprise it is not the same scoop that is on the car now. It is a very rigid
fiberglass type material that does not flex like the old scoop. Only way of mounting the scoop is with
rivits that are included. There are no bolts like the old scoop. The guy who does all the stripes and
scoops for the dealership looked at it and said the only thing it needs is a gasket under it so it will not
grab and tear the stripes as it expands and vibrates. The part that will set on the hood is not very rough
but over time he said it would damage the stripes. Does Shelby offer a gasket for the underside of the
scoop? I am very pleased with the scoop! It is rigid enough that I don't see how it could warp.
I will take some pics of the scoop before install and post them, after install as well.

Kevin
07SGT2591

How do you know that you got the latest and fully tested scoop? Last I heard it was still under testing and was a week or two away from release ( this news came to us 10 days ago). On 8/3/08, Bud stated the following:

"In the many threads we have said we are working on the new scoop. It will NOT BE A Chip Beck scoop, it WILL BE A Shelby scoop. Ever scoop we made HAS to be tested and crash tested to make sure it holds up to the safety standards. If it does not hold up, it does not go into production. The latest scoop we made so far has been passing ALL of the tests. And the latest test we did it did not sag, droop or even wrinkle the stripes. I am hoping we will be able to realse this scoop in the next week or two. And yes, it will also be held down by rivits. Now, the last test we did was to rivit it on and "bake" it out in the sun. This is when most of the issues occured. So far it looks great!!!! No problems at all. I do believe at this time we are having a few of them made so we can keep up with the demand. I hope this finally answers all questions about the hood scoop."

Edited by ilmor, 13 August 2008 - 03:59 AM.

2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#34 OFFLINE   Budman340

Budman340

Nice to see GREEN again!!!

• Great Lakes Region
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 02-March 07

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

Hi all!!!!

From what I have heard, a couple of the new scoops were sent out to now test the field. We are not going to announce the new scoop just yet. We are waiting to hear some feed back on the ones that were sent out. There is no gasket that goes on the bottom of the scoop. It does not need it. It will not tear the stripes. As long as the instructions are followed, there will be no problems. If the stripes tear, somebody did something wrong. The ones we tested here went under some pretty tough testing. I'm talking some extreme heat, many mutiple opening and closings and I believe that the persons car we tested it on (an employee) thought he was in a couple high speed pursuits (TY Jackie Gleason LOL) and the scoop did not budge, smudge, grudge and any other word that rhymes :hysterical: . When I can, I will post a pic of the "weight" test. And no, it was not me standing on it--its strong, but not THAT strong :hysterical:

Folks, just hang in there, we are almost there!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Bud
Is your car registered? If not, click on the link below

Shelby Registry

Friends are the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#35 OFFLINE   SGT/SC2873

SGT/SC2873

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:49 AM

Hi all!!!!

From what I have heard, a couple of the new scoops were sent out to now test the field. We are not going to announce the new scoop just yet. We are waiting to hear some feed back on the ones that were sent out. There is no gasket that goes on the bottom of the scoop. It does not need it. It will not tear the stripes. As long as the instructions are followed, there will be no problems. If the stripes tear, somebody did something wrong. The ones we tested here went under some pretty tough testing. I'm talking some extreme heat, many mutiple opening and closings and I believe that the persons car we tested it on (an employee) thought he was in a couple high speed pursuits (TY Jackie Gleason LOL) and the scoop did not budge, smudge, grudge and any other word that rhymes :hysterical: . When I can, I will post a pic of the "weight" test. And no, it was not me standing on it--its strong, but not THAT strong :hysterical:

Bud

great news! Thanks for update Bud.

Craig
'07 Shelby GT/SC
CSM 2873 AKA "White Lightning"
Performance White/Lemans Silver Stripes
Polished Whipple 550, SPEC II Clutch, 3.73 Gears, KR Mufflers. SC Upgrade Quantum Performance July 2009
RWHP 480 SAE, RWTQ 437.18
KICKER Shelby Premium Sound System
Posted Image

#36 OFFLINE   FordRocks1

FordRocks1

CSM#0405

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,089 posts
  • Joined 02-April 08

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:18 AM

Hi all!!!!

Bud

:dance: :happy feet:

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-Earl Nightingale

#37 OFFLINE   StrayShadow

StrayShadow

07SGT2591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:18 AM

How do you know that you got the latest and fully tested scoop? Last I heard it was still under testing and was a week or two away from release ( this news came to us 10 days ago). On 8/3/08, Bud stated the following:

"In the many threads we have said we are working on the new scoop. It will NOT BE A Chip Beck scoop, it WILL BE A Shelby scoop. Ever scoop we made HAS to be tested and crash tested to make sure it holds up to the safety standards. If it does not hold up, it does not go into production. The latest scoop we made so far has been passing ALL of the tests. And the latest test we did it did not sag, droop or even wrinkle the stripes. I am hoping we will be able to realse this scoop in the next week or two. And yes, it will also be held down by rivits. Now, the last test we did was to rivit it on and "bake" it out in the sun. This is when most of the issues occured. So far it looks great!!!! No problems at all. I do believe at this time we are having a few of them made so we can keep up with the demand. I hope this finally answers all questions about the hood scoop."

I don't know if I have the new and improved hood scoop. I was just explaining what I received.
But it sounds like I may have received a test scoop from what Bud has said. I am just guessing!!!

Bud, I will tell the guy at the dealership what you said ... BE CAREFUL AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!

Thanks,
Kevin
07SGT2591

Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   Shelby-Don

Shelby-Don

*SGT1260*

• Northern Plains Region
  • 608 posts
  • Joined 14-February 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hi all!!!!

Bud

Bud,

Is there a need for those of us with the original (thin) stripes to have them replaced with the newer thicker ones ? Will they be OK with this new scoop once it's officially released ?

Thanks, Don
Shelby-Don
Mid-West Missouri
07 Shelby GT White 5-speed home delivery 5-19-07
lower fascia/driving lights, Rear sequintials, Billet Eng Caps,
"Berg" Cap, Shelby arm rest, CS signed airbag, Shelby dead pedal,
Breenspeed tunes, Billet hood pins, Billet cup holder, map light trim,
FRP 4.10's, Fays2 Watts Link,Stainless Brake Lines

#39 OFFLINE   Budman340

Budman340

• Great Lakes Region
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 02-March 07

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

Bud,

Is there a need for those of us with the original (thin) stripes to have them replaced with the newer thicker ones ? Will they be OK with this new scoop once it's officially released ?

Thanks, Don

If the stripes are ok now, there will be no need to replace them. They will be just fine :)

Bud

Shelby Registry

Friends are the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#40 OFFLINE   blueshawk

blueshawk

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Joined 13-March 07

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

If the stripes are ok now, there will be no need to replace them. They will be just fine :)

Bud

Bud,

I have stripe wrinkles near two rivets on my current scoop. Do you think it is best to have the stripes replaced with the new scoop or can they smooth them out when they install the scoop?

#41 OFFLINE   Budman340

Budman340

• Great Lakes Region
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 02-March 07

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:03 AM

Bud,

I have stripe wrinkles near two rivets on my current scoop. Do you think it is best to have the stripes replaced with the new scoop or can they smooth them out when they install the scoop?

If you are going to have the scoop replaced, I would replace the stripes too--if they are wrinkled.

Bud

Shelby Registry

#42 OFFLINE   Pastor Passum

Pastor Passum

Pastor Passum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Joined 26-September 07
  • Interests:Motorcycles (BMW's mainly), cross country travel and camping by motorcycle, Bike rallys, travel and seriously goofing off (I'm retired)

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

You're a lucky man Bill. Your scoop and stripes look perfect.

Jim
'07 SGT CSM 1639, Performance White, 5 speed, delivered 9/21/07Interior upgrade, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Billett Hood Pins, Billett Engine Caps

Posted Image

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

#43 OFFLINE   08sgt1042

08sgt1042

08SGT1042

• Mountain Region
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Ok Bud this is great news for all of us!! I want to say thank you to SAI for all of your hard work to correct the issue. Now for the bigger issue for those of us who are dealing with less than competent Dealerships... my dealer cannot find anyone here in Denver that will touch the stripes. I had to have my front bumpr replaced last week and to ge t the stripes done on the front bumper they called 10 different shops to get a guy to do my bumper, they have an 07 that is getting the entire stripes replaced and they cannot find anyoone to touch it. I will need SAI's help in getting a shop here in Denver to re-do my hood and stripes.

:banghead:
2008 Vista Blue Silver stripes SGT1042
5 speed
Charcol Interior
Anti theft
HID
Shaker 500
Shelby GT dead pedal
Berg Faux Gas Cap
GT Spoiler
1/4 window flush louvers
Shelby Headrest covers
Lower Chrome Grill
Shelby Billet Engine caps
Sequenttial Turn signals
Stillen Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors
HPS Street Pads
MTM Custom Shifter Knob
Chrome Ford Racing Valve Covers
Ford Racing Shorty Headers

Pypes axleback pype bombs
Chrome CS40 20X9 - 20X10
Nitto 555's
(SOME DAY A POLISHED S/C)

#44 OFFLINE   StrayShadow

StrayShadow

07SGT2591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Here are the pics I promised ... enjoy.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kevin
07SGT2591

Edited by StrayShadow, 14 August 2008 - 06:06 AM.

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   blueshawk

blueshawk

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Joined 13-March 07

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:33 AM

Here are the pics I promesed ... enjoy.

Posted Image

Kevin
07SGT2591

That is a very different scoop!! Nice!!

#46 OFFLINE   Shelby-Don

Shelby-Don

*SGT1260*

• Northern Plains Region
  • 608 posts
  • Joined 14-February 07

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

When will this be released for everyone ?
Shelby-Don
Mid-West Missouri
07 Shelby GT White 5-speed home delivery 5-19-07
lower fascia/driving lights, Rear sequintials, Billet Eng Caps,
"Berg" Cap, Shelby arm rest, CS signed airbag, Shelby dead pedal,
Breenspeed tunes, Billet hood pins, Billet cup holder, map light trim,
FRP 4.10's, Fays2 Watts Link,Stainless Brake Lines

#47 OFFLINE   StratGirl

StratGirl

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 25-January 08
  • Interests:'07 SGT, #5327

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

When the new hood scoop comes out, will SAI be replacing ALL of them, or only on cars with issues? If it's only on cars with issues, is there some sort of pre-order "list" being set up that we can get on, so SAI will know how many to produce? I'd hate to learn that a fix is finally here, only to be told that a hood scoop is unavailable for me because they didn't produce enough in the first producton run, and that I'd have to wait another six months.
Posted Image
Lost my '07 Shelby GT #5327 to Hurricane Sandy : (
Lurking in my Bullitt until the 2015 body style comes out.

#48 OFFLINE   tekheavy

tekheavy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,630 posts
  • Joined 09-May 08
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:31 AM

When the new hood scoop comes out, will SAI be replacing ALL of them, or only on cars with issues? If it's only on cars with issues, is there some sort of pre-order "list" being set up that we can get on, so SAI will know how many to produce? I'd hate to learn that a fix is finally here, only to be told that a hood scoop is unavailable for me because they didn't produce enough in the first producton run, and that I'd have to wait another six months.

They'll probably only replace hood scoops that a warranty claim was made for them. Just like they're doing for the stripes.

...Evan...
fc205e0e-97b9-461b-8e7b-4f03653e86dd_zps

#49 OFFLINE   mrhugger

mrhugger

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 02-November 07
  • Interests:road trips

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:38 AM

Have the dealers been notified yet? Can we see the notice? Are replacement scoops available now? Steve

#50 OFFLINE   StrayShadow

StrayShadow

07SGT2591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

New hood scoop installed today. :happy feet: Perfect fit. Looks great! I will post pictures tonight.

Kevin
07SGT2591

Posted Image

#51 OFFLINE   amyb

amyb

Amy

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,958 posts
  • Joined 11-August 06
  • Interests:cars, all things 50's and tiki...no laughing!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

Everything seems fine, please let us know how the new scoop looks and works. The new scoop is the only replacement being sent out

Amy
"You can't grab the brass ring, sitting in the swan"

#52 OFFLINE   amyb

amyb

Amy

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,958 posts
  • Joined 11-August 06
  • Interests:cars, all things 50's and tiki...no laughing!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

We are only replacing those with an issue. there are 7000+ cars and only a small amount have the issues noted here, this is not a recall, nor should it be

Amy
"You can't grab the brass ring, sitting in the swan"

#53 OFFLINE   08sgt1042

08sgt1042

08SGT1042

• Mountain Region
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

So it looks like this is a honeycomb fiberglass scoop? Amy are these the only scoops being sent to dealers if a warranty claim has been filed?
2008 Vista Blue Silver stripes SGT1042
5 speed
Charcol Interior
Anti theft
HID
Shaker 500
Shelby GT dead pedal
Berg Faux Gas Cap
GT Spoiler
1/4 window flush louvers
Shelby Headrest covers
Lower Chrome Grill
Shelby Billet Engine caps
Sequenttial Turn signals
Stillen Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors
HPS Street Pads
MTM Custom Shifter Knob
Chrome Ford Racing Valve Covers
Ford Racing Shorty Headers

Pypes axleback pype bombs
Chrome CS40 20X9 - 20X10
Nitto 555's
(SOME DAY A POLISHED S/C)

#54 OFFLINE   Budman340

Budman340

• Great Lakes Region
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 02-March 07

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

So it looks like this is a honeycomb fiberglass scoop? Amy are these the only scoops being sent to dealers if a warranty claim has been filed?

Yes, that is the only scoop we are and will be sending out :) But please, do not flood the dealers yet on these. We are and have to try and keep up with the demand. And the scoops as with the Shelby installed componants are covered for 3 year/36,000 miles.

Bud

Shelby Registry

#55 OFFLINE   StrayShadow

StrayShadow

07SGT2591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Pictures as promised.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kevin
07SGT2591

Posted Image

#56 OFFLINE   StrayShadow

StrayShadow

07SGT2591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

One more ...

Posted Image

Kevin
07SGT2591

Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   Jimmy"RICO"Muniz

Jimmy"RICO"Muniz

ALShelbyGT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 14-January 08
  • Interests:I like Fast Ford's! I love flying at mach 1 or above and I'm a Gulf War Vet. Nice to meet ya!<br />I'm a retired USAF vet. I enjoy fishing, hunting and racing.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

One more ...

Posted Image

Kevin
07SGT2591

Hey Kevin,
The screws that were in the bag do they also tighten the scoop down, or is it just the four you see under the hood? Good job with the install.
Jimmy :salute:

#58 OFFLINE   zdle

zdle

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

We are only replacing those with an issue. there are 7000+ cars and only a small amount have the issues noted here, this is not a recall, nor should it be

Amy

What is the critera for determining that a cars scoop qualifys for this repacement ? Is there a gap dimension? , a go-no-go gauge ?, the number of gaps? , or the depth of the ripple,? ...........and is this fix offered beyond the 30000 miles , 36 months,? Will this fix be offered at a reasonable price if we are not satisfied with the existing scoop ? , Would it not be easier to put this in one letter , and send it to all? ZDS

#59 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,563 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

What is the critera for determining that a cars scoop qualifys for this repacement ? Is there a gap dimension? , a go-no-go gauge ?, the number of gaps? , or the depth of the ripple,? ...........and is this fix offered beyond the 30000 miles , 36 months,? Will this fix be offered at a reasonable price if we are not satisfied with the existing scoop ? , Would it not be easier to put this in one letter , and send it to all? ZDS

I think what I will do it take photo graphs of my scoop, w/ dents, gaps & curled edges (exp. in the winter), along w/ the above photos showing a proper scoop, and submit them w/ the warranty claim. That should do it I think!
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#60 OFFLINE   blueshawk

blueshawk

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Joined 13-March 07

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:08 AM

One more ...

Posted Image

Kevin
07SGT2591

I noticed in your bag of rivets etc., that there was a roll of tape. What is it for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users