Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,494 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:being totally uninterested.

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

I know there were some out there for the Hertz executives....anybody ever see one for sale?

2014 Corvette Z51, 2LT, MSRC, NPP, FAY, 7SP, TRANS TOP. My name is on the dash, (museum delivery).

SOLD: 

07SGT/SC. Driven! Rain or Shine, no refunds. Best 1/4 mile time 12.077 as equpped below.

Performance White, 5sp, iup, anti-theft, navigation. Whipple 550. 1st Customer 550 out of the SAI Mod Shop. (Thanks Budman!).

19x9/19x10 Saleen Heritage Wheels w/275/35 and 295/35 BFG KDW N2.
Brembo Front Calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Hawk HPS Rear pads, FRPP Brake cooling kit with custom intakes.
Goodridge SS lines and ATE Super Blue Fluid.
Functional Fiberglass SA scoop. Glassed over SA production Sticker.
MMS mufflers.

#2 OFFLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,065 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

I'm always looking, but haven't seen one yet. There are only 4 2006 5 speed coupes, which Caroll has one, so only three others out there. There are 17 2007 converts though, so may have a better chance of seeing one of those for sale. We know 1 is out of the country for sure, so that's one less opportunity.

Edited by JeffJ, 07 August 2008 - 03:22 PM.

JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
1999 F-350 Powerstoke Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 Coyote, PA Auto with paddle shift
1972 Ford F100 Shortbed 390 auto
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 - Wifes driver

#3 OFFLINE   mach 1 boy

mach 1 boy

mach 1 boy. 07, 014

• Canada Region
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:holidays+cars,other cars 67coupe,73 vert,03 mach 1 and 07 gth
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

I'm always looking, but haven't seen one yet. There are only 4 2006 5 speed coupes, which Caroll has one, so only three others out there. There are 17 2007 converts though, so may have a better chance of seeing one of those for sale. We know 1 is out of the country for sure, so that's one less opportunity.

would anyone know the numbers of the stick cars or where they random

#4 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
  • Interests:The wife, the kids and Shelby's

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

I know there were some out there for the Hertz executives....anybody ever see one for sale?

There was one for sale on ebay about 3 weeks ago. It got up to $60k but it did not sell as the reserve was not met.

I found one for sale in May 2009 on the SAAC "Members only" section for cars for sale. I had been looking for about 8 months for one at that time. I bought it too :D .

QSS
"I wanna go where the beer flows like wine"

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#5 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:57 PM

would anyone know the numbers of the stick cars or where they random

There are apparently 18 Hertz sticks out there ( 17 were sold to Hertz executives and 1 "mystery car") the Hertz executive cars are numbered from #483 to #499. #500 sits at SAI in Las Vegas and it is an automatic. I saw #500 a month ago and she sure is fine. The unknow #18 stick car is still a mystery. I don't know what number it is or where it is but I believe she is "special".

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby, 10 September 2010 - 06:58 PM.

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#6 OFFLINE   gth0007

gth0007

Registrar SAI Team Shelby Hertz GTH

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 824 posts
  • Joined 16-January 08

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

There are apparently 18 Hertz sticks out there ( 17 were sold to Hertz executives and 1 "mystery car") the Hertz executive cars are numbered from #483 to #499. #500 sits at SAI in Las Vegas and it is an automatic. I saw #500 a month ago and she sure is fine. The unknow #18 stick car is still a mystery. I don't know what number it is or where it is but I believe she is "special".

QSS

According to Hertz records, as invoiced from Ford, there were 17 manual transmission 2007 GT-H convertibles. If an 18th car exists, it did not come through the Ford-Hertz ordering / invoicing systems. All of the 17 2007 Convertibles were invoiced from Ford to Hertz on October 5, 2007. Interestingly they are NOT in consecutive V.I.N. order but are close. Perhaps there was an 18th, maybe a "test mule" from SAI ?? One of the 17 verified manual 2007 cars went to Hertz in Austria. Also to clarify, the 17 manual car were sold to Hertz Corporate Executives AND to Hertz Licensees. The Licensees (operating as "Hertz" under license contract but NOT part of the Hertz Corp) were given the opportunity to buy GT-Hs in both 2006 and 2007. For technical accuracy, "executive" owned should be defined as "Hertz employed Executive" or "Hertz Licensee / Executive". Hope this information helps, Larry, SAI Registrar, 2006 2007 Hertz GT-H
DRIVEN DAILEY White SGT with Painted Stripes, CS-6 Hood, GT-500 Spoiler, Ford Racing Chrome Valve Covers, Shelby Engine Dress Up, Red CS Wheel Centers, CS Faux Gas Cap, Steeda Carbon Fiber Air Inlet, Tiffany style Cobra Steering Wheel Center, Shelby Gauges

2006 Hertz GTH coupe, car number 457. Ex-Shelby American Titled car used by Shelby executives in Las Vegas. Used by Carroll and Cleo Shelby at the 2008 Terlingua event. Modifications by SAI includes factory GT-500 Wheels / Tires, Lower valance fog light / brake duct bezels, rear bumper cover Stripe Delete.

1971 Ford Bronco, HP 302 V-8, 3peed manual, 4" lift, 33 inch tires. AKA "the Beast" is used for off-road forest and swamp fun. Never restored, she ain't so pretty, but always gets you to the dance!

2008 FR500S Mustang Race Car. Built by Ford Motor Company and raced by Winkler Automotive ( Gaithersburg, Maryland) in the Miller Mustang Challenge series. Red with white stripes.

#7 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

According to Hertz records, as invoiced from Ford, there were 17 manual transmission 2007 GT-H convertibles. If an 18th car exists, it did not come through the Ford-Hertz ordering / invoicing systems. All of the 17 2007 Convertibles were invoiced from Ford to Hertz on October 5, 2007. Interestingly they are NOT in consecutive V.I.N. order but are close. Perhaps there was an 18th, maybe a "test mule" from SAI ?? One of the 17 verified manual 2007 cars went to Hertz in Austria. Also to clarify, the 17 manual car were sold to Hertz Corporate Executives AND to Hertz Licensees. The Licensees (operating as "Hertz" under license contract but NOT part of the Hertz Corp) were given the opportunity to buy GT-Hs in both 2006 and 2007. For technical accuracy, "executive" owned should be defined as "Hertz employed Executive" or "Hertz Licensee / Executive". Hope this information helps, Larry, SAI Registrar, 2006 2007 Hertz GT-H

I also have the invoice showing the 17 manual cars and their serial numbers BUT every time in the past I have quoted 17 manuals made for 2007 I get corrected by (I think its ShelbyMotorSports) and he states there is actually 18 manuals made for 2007.

So, I am pretty sure he knows something we do not and there is truly a "mystery" #18 manual out there somewhere. Now, if we could be enlightened on this, it would help me be at peace with the world. :D

Help me ShelbyMotorSports, your my only hope!!!!! :lol:

QSS

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#8 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,858 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

Just to be sure I went directly to the list of 500 GT-H cars and sorted them by transmission type. Eighteen manual transmission cars came up. I then took these eighteen vin numbers and ran them thru Fords window sticker website and all eighteen vins were spec'd out as having a manual transmission for 2007.

So 18 manual transmission 2007 GT-H cars it is. Could one of them be a test mule, a mistake/error, a wrecked or destroyed car? Anythings possible.

Steve

Edited by shelbymotorsports, 11 September 2010 - 10:29 AM.

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

Just to be sure I went directly to the list of 500 GT-H cars and sorted them by transmission type. Eighteen manual transmission cars came up. I then took these eighteen vin numbers and ran them thru Fords window sticker website and all eighteen vins were spec'd out as having a manual transmission for 2007.

So 18 manual transmission 2007 GT-H cars it is. Could one of them be a test mule, a mistake/error, a wrecked or destroyed car? Anythings possible.

Steve

Gotta love a good mystery!
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#10 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

Steve

YEAH!!!!!! I knew there 18 of em and I know they are testing alien ships at Area 51........... I knew it. :lol:

QSS

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#11 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,858 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

YEAH!!!!!! I knew there 18 of em and I know they are testing alien ships at Area 51........... I knew it. :lol:

QSS

Did you check the dash plaque on that alien ship? It should be number 10UFO-001P according to the registry :hysterical:

If there was no dash plaque on it I'm guessing its a clone.

Steve

Edited by shelbymotorsports, 11 September 2010 - 03:51 PM.

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

Did you check the dash plaque on that alien ship? It should be number 10UFO-001P according to the registry :hysterical:

If there was no dash plaque on it I'm guessing its a clone.

Steve

Already looked. The Powered By Grok badges were repros.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#13 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 3,069 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

QSS

Where's Scooby and the gang when you need them??????
NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#14 OFFLINE   gth0007

gth0007

Registrar SAI Team Shelby Hertz GTH

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 824 posts
  • Joined 16-January 08

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

Steve

You gotta love this stuff, OK, now let's nail down this mystery car. Steve, on the Hertz list I sent you recently there were 17 Manual cars listed ("manual" was in italics) with the names of the Hertz Executives and Hertz Licensees that received the cars. Also on the list was all of the VIN numbers of all 500 (actually 498 that went to Hertz) 2007 GT-Hs . Which of the remaining VINs on the Hertz list is the 18th Manual Car ?? Once I get that VIN, (last six will do) I will go directly to Hertz and see who got the car and where it went. IF, the VIN is not on the Hertz list then we will have to defer to SAI records as to where the car went and who received same. Could it be the mystery car is one of the two VINs that appear on the Hertz list as "Ford Took" ?? Could it be that the Ford to Hertz invoicing is slightly off from SAI records ?? As the one of the world's greatest orators said, "Let's get 'er done"
DRIVEN DAILEY White SGT with Painted Stripes, CS-6 Hood, GT-500 Spoiler, Ford Racing Chrome Valve Covers, Shelby Engine Dress Up, Red CS Wheel Centers, CS Faux Gas Cap, Steeda Carbon Fiber Air Inlet, Tiffany style Cobra Steering Wheel Center, Shelby Gauges

2006 Hertz GTH coupe, car number 457. Ex-Shelby American Titled car used by Shelby executives in Las Vegas. Used by Carroll and Cleo Shelby at the 2008 Terlingua event. Modifications by SAI includes factory GT-500 Wheels / Tires, Lower valance fog light / brake duct bezels, rear bumper cover Stripe Delete.

1971 Ford Bronco, HP 302 V-8, 3peed manual, 4" lift, 33 inch tires. AKA "the Beast" is used for off-road forest and swamp fun. Never restored, she ain't so pretty, but always gets you to the dance!

2008 FR500S Mustang Race Car. Built by Ford Motor Company and raced by Winkler Automotive ( Gaithersburg, Maryland) in the Miller Mustang Challenge series. Red with white stripes.

#15 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,858 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

Larry

I'll compare the two lists and see what if any differences appear.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   jgib627

jgib627

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hi guys.. Very intresting topic.... (How many 06 GT-H manuals were there? And do we know what numbers and where they went?)

#17 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,858 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hi guys.. Very intresting topic.... (How many 06 GT-H manuals were there? And do we know what numbers and where they went?)

Four manual trans Hertz cars for 2006. They went to Hertz execs and yes the CSM numbers are known. There are a few threads on TS discussing them.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#18 OFFLINE   sportscars

sportscars

Premier Ford vehicle event planner

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 3,895 posts
  • Joined 30-September 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

Cars:

2007 Shelby GT CSM 0488 - Performance White - 5 Speed
Shaker 1000, Dark Charcoal IUP
Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar & Brace

1996 Mustang V6 Purple

1995 Mustang GT 5 speed all black

1984 GT350 5.0, 5 speed with T-Tops
Allegedly 1 of only ?? built

Me:

Owner of SMC Events - www.smcevents.com

73f1fac9-ceac-4466-8055-21ec5009b4e3_zps

#19 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

You gotta love this stuff, OK, now let's nail down this mystery car. Steve, on the Hertz list I sent you recently there were 17 Manual cars listed ("manual" was in italics) with the names of the Hertz Executives and Hertz Licensees that received the cars. Also on the list was all of the VIN numbers of all 500 (actually 498 that went to Hertz) 2007 GT-Hs . Which of the remaining VINs on the Hertz list is the 18th Manual Car ?? Once I get that VIN, (last six will do) I will go directly to Hertz and see who got the car and where it went. IF, the VIN is not on the Hertz list then we will have to defer to SAI records as to where the car went and who received same. Could it be the mystery car is one of the two VINs that appear on the Hertz list as "Ford Took" ?? Could it be that the Ford to Hertz invoicing is slightly off from SAI records ?? As the one of the world's greatest orators said, "Let's get 'er done"

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm so excited!!!!!! :woohoo: :lol:

So, we know that number 500, that is supposedly owned by SAI, sits at the museum as we speak (and it's an automatic) so that leaves one lone car unaccounted for. Could it be number 001 sitting somewhere?

Go get em boys, you get them answers and we'll be happy as "a whole bunch o happy guys" :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: .

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby, 12 September 2010 - 08:16 PM.

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users