5037 replies to this topic

#4021 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

As much as I don't care for Kurt Busch or his usual poor taste in words or actions, I disagree with the suspension because of a rant on the media. What happened to freedom of speech. Besides that, with the media in the face of drivers before and after every race they're going to see driver's angry, happy, whatever based on the days events. NASCAR forces drivers to speak to the media, otherwise they get fined, so they should expect issues from drivers that are fuming from a bad day. Why not allow them a cool down period so they can collect themselves beofre the usual media swarming. NASCAR get a little less exciting with each passing season. I blame the direction on the folks running it and the over the top media coverage by TV channels like SPEED and Fox. "Just the Facts maam" We don't need all the endless opionions and shows about the latest and greatest driver of the week. Sorry for the rant.

Freedom of speech can be limited by a contract agreement, in his case the rules of NASCAR, otherwise I agree with you, except that obviously drivers should not be allowed to use profanity on public television (I'm not implying that Kurt did - I have no idea what he said).
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#4022 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Reed Sorenson's SAI/Shelby Engine car is wrecked by none other than Danica Patrick! :nonono:

Attached Files

Edited by jerseygator, 28 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#4023 OFFLINE   falcongtho3

falcongtho3

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,422 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

I wanted to see Sadler spout off about Dillon, I'm quite sure they had to be kept apart after the last restart and the resulting penalty for Sadler.
'03 Mach #13

I know, I know, I said #16 before, but that's what they told me. Now it's 13. Is it too late to send it back?

#4024 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Reed Sorenson's SAI/Shelby Engine car is wrecked by none other than Danica Patrick! :nonono:

You may have seen my posts #11 and #12 here...I was so PO'd when that happened, and it was so obvious she dumped him...

http://www.teamshelb...06#entry1334406

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#4025 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I wanted to see Sadler spout off about Dillon, I'm quite sure they had to be kept apart after the last restart and the resulting penalty for Sadler.

Nascar Blew this call! Sadler was screwed...

You may have seen my posts #11 and #12 here...I was so PO'd when that happened, and it was so obvious she dumped him...

http://www.teamshelb...06#entry1334406

No I didn't... Hot dayum you were there in turn 1. Great pics! :rockon:

As the car was coming to rest, the in car camera caught Danica saying, "I can't drive it" :hysterical2: No shyte Danica... Find a new job...

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

#4026 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Today's view from my turn 3 seat

Posted Image

#4027 OFFLINE   08SGT1234

08SGT1234

08SGT1234 aka MI$TRESS

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Joined 03-April 06
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Family, Friends and Mustangs!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Today's view from my turn 3 seat

Posted Image

Holy shit, the stands are at least 70% empty watching it on TV, looks even worse by your picture....

When is NASCAR going to get it through their thick heads to stop fleecing the fan base? That includes the vendors at the track and the hotels during race weekend.... They would be better off selling tickets for no more than $25 and maintaining normal hotel rates, if they did that the place might be full.

I use to go to 6 or more races a year until I got fed up with paying the escalating ticket & hotel prices. Then after a race was over getting an invoice the following week asking for my money for the following years race or I'd loose my seats, complete BS. Then came 911 which they used as an excuse to limit the size of your cooler and other items you could bring into the track. Now their lucky to get any of my cash once every three or four years at Martinsville which is only a couple of hour drive so I don't have to spend the night.

Looks like the greed is finally catching up with them.....
Posted Image Posted Image

#4028 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Holy shit, the stands are at least 70% empty watching it on TV, looks even worse by your picture....

When is NASCAR going to get it through their thick heads to stop fleecing the fan base? That includes the vendors at the track and the hotels during race weekend.... They would be better off selling tickets for no more than $25 and maintaining normal hotel rates, if they did that the place might be full.

I use to go to 6 or more races a year until I got fed up with paying the escalating ticket & hotel prices. Then after a race was over getting an invoice the following week asking for my money for the following years race or I'd loose my seats, complete BS. Then came 911 which they used as an excuse to limit the size of your cooler and other items you could bring into the track. Now their lucky to get any of my cash once every three or four years at Martinsville which is only a couple of hour drive so I don't have to spend the night.

Looks like the greed is finally catching up with them.....

So true... I was looking for tickets to the next race at Dover. Unbelievable prices...

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4029 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

It's fun being a pig!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09
  • Interests:my grandchildren!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

So true... I was looking for tickets to the next race at Dover. Unbelievable prices...

I'll be at the Glen August 12th! :happy feet:

HDR4_aug22.jpg
Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race!

2007 SGT CSM07SGT1316 Purchased 5/12/07 Black, 5 speed
Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
1st GT/SC conversion by Tasca since Shelby released the Model!!!
550 Whipple, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Gauge Pod,
McLoed twin disc clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, Shelby billet license frame,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.
No, I have not dynoed it.

#4030 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'll be at the Glen August 12th! :happy feet:

Ya gonna root for the 48? :stirpot:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4031 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

It's fun being a pig!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Ya gonna root for the 48? :stirpot:

YEP... rootin' for him to hit the wall!

HDR4_aug22.jpg

Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.

#4032 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

YEP... rootin' for him to hit the wall!

:hysterical2:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4033 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Attendance at Indy i would estimate is a third of what it was 10 years ago. I think NASCAR attendance at Indy is a great example of how bad the USA is hurting economically. After the race, we went downtown to eat. I've never seen so many beggars there on a Sunday night following the race. We are in a sad state of affairs.

#4034 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Looking forward to the 2013 NASCAR season...I'm rooting for this guy...

Posted Image

#4035 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Here we go again! Anyone but me watching tonight's NASCAR race?

#4036 OFFLINE   tekheavy

tekheavy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,712 posts
  • Joined 09-May 08
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm watching. :happy feet:
fc205e0e-97b9-461b-8e7b-4f03653e86dd_zps

#4037 OFFLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,009 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Danica on the pole for the 500. How many jokes are we going to hear on that this week? First ever female to be in the pole position for any Cup Race. Would rather see a Ford on the pole, but congrats to Danica.
JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
1999 F-350 Powerstoke Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 supercharged Ford V-8
1972 Ford F100 Shortbed 390 auto
1973 Datsun 610 302 Ford V8 power, drift and road race car.
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8
2004 Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 Mecedes V-6 6 speed - wife's daily driver

#4038 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,208 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

She pulled it off!Posted Image :hysterical2:

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

med_gallery_4913_134_10106.jpg

#4039 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,382 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Danica on the pole for the 500. How many jokes are we going to hear on that this week? First ever female to be in the pole position for any Cup Race. Would rather see a Ford on the pole, but congrats to Danica.

Used to be a fan but, I heard she told a fan off for commenting on her looks. I guess she shouldnt have posed for sports illistrated in a bikini
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#4040 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Well, we saw historical event! Now let's see how she races (again).

#4041 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,761 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Used to be a fan but, I heard she told a fan off for commenting on her looks. I guess she shouldnt have posed for sports illistrated in a bikini

Telling a Fan off is a lot better then what Tony used to do...........

#4042 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,208 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Tony who?

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

#4043 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

:hysterical3:

She pulled it off!Posted Image :hysterical2:

You said, "She pulled it!" :hysterical2:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4044 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Tony who?

:finger:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4045 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Read last night that Danica's team is comprised primarily of the same group of guys that were Dale Jr.'s teammates on his 2007 #8 car.

#4046 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

It's fun being a pig!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

the fact that Danica made the pole and the gen 6 cars may be the kick in the pants that NASCAR needed to help with the ratings. :shrug:

HDR4_aug22.jpg

PIAA lights.

#4047 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,208 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

:finger:

:grouphug:

#4048 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 11,133 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

:grouphug:

:salute:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4049 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,621 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

The Duels should be interesting tomorrow.

#4050 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,208 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users