Super Snake completed March 17 2009

#4592 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,426 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

I met Bill in Indy a few years back and got this Brickyard Bill statue signed

Nice! Back in the good 'ol days (before drivers became walking advertisements controlled by media and political correctness) I had dinner at the Outback Steakhouse (now gone due to the quality of the neighborhood going down to tattoo parlors and bail bond businesses) right next to Bill Elliott. That was pretty cool.
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

Posted Image

#4593 OFFLINE   Bushmaster

Bushmaster

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 23-September 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Mustangs, drag racing, herpetology, model building

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Someone needs to put that kid in a Cup car for Richmond in two weeks.

Posted Image

2008 Shelby Mustang GT-C
CSM#08SGT0163

#4594 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,165 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

:yahoo:

med_gallery_4913_134_38359.jpg

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

#4595 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 10,213 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

The old Dale Jr. is back.  What a boneheaded move.  He won't be the points leader at the end of this race.

New Dale is back...
2nd place at Darlington!

To bad the Fords weren't up front. Guess the Bif was in there some where.

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

44,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#4596 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 10,213 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

:yahoo:

:rockon:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

#4597 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,165 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Sooooo....the 24 is leading the points and the 48 hasn't yet won a race. W-T-F? :drop:

med_gallery_4913_134_38359.jpg

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

#4598 OFFLINE   Bushmaster

Bushmaster

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 23-September 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Mustangs, drag racing, herpetology, model building

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather see the 48 with two wins than that friggin Harvick.  Geez, I can't stand that guy.

Posted Image

2008 Shelby Mustang GT-C
CSM#08SGT0163

#4599 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Northeast Region
  • 10,213 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Sooooo....the 24 is leading the points and the 48 hasn't yet won a race. W-T-F? :drop:

Must be the karma from his Pepsi commercials. :shrug:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#4600 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Jack Roush discusses possible engine changes

April 18, 2014, Kenny Bruce, NASCAR.com

Roush-main.jpg.main.tab.png

Longtime team owner shares thoughts on reducing horsepower in top series

RELATED: Play NASCAR Fantasy Live | Sign up for RaceView today

With NASCAR officials focusing on engine changes in the Sprint Cup Series for 2015 that will result in a reduction of horsepower, such a move should involve "a restriction on the intake side," according to Sprint Cup Series team co-owner Jack Roush.

Roush, an owner in the series since 1988, isn’t suggesting the use of restrictor plates similar to those used at Daytona and Talladega.

Instead, he said, a reduction of the throttle bore size "without a plate underneath" would accomplish the objective.

"(It is) straightforward and it is easily reversible if you decided that the quality of the racing was hurt by it," Roush told NASCAR.com during the Sprint Cup Series stop at Darlington Raceway on April 12.

"If they want to take 100 horsepower off … reduce horsepower significantly, the least expensive and most palatable way to do that is with a restriction on the intake side."

Earlier this month, NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France told Sirius XM NASCAR Radio that changes to the current engine packages used in the Cup Series are coming, perhaps as soon as next season.

France said such a move would be "part of the overall rules packages that we design that hopefully control costs, hopefully make the racing better."

Today’s Cup engines, limited to 358 cubic inches, produce approximately 850 horsepower. Speeds have increased, in part due to a new rules package and the continued development of the Generation-6 car, now in its second year.

While officials with the three auto manufacturers currently involved at the series’ top level, Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota, have been a part of the discussions, they say it is too early in the process to respond to potential engine changes.

Roush, who turns 72 on April 19, is the co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing. The organization has won the NASCAR Cup title twice – with former drivers Matt Kenseth in 2003 and Kurt Busch in ’04. The organization’s 134 victories rank Roush Fenway fourth highest overall and No. 3 among current teams in the series.

He is also co-owner of Roush Yates Engines, which supplies engines to more than one dozen Sprint Cup Series teams.

"From an owner’s standpoint, NASCAR has got to be mindful of  … what it costs," Roush said. "The race teams can only afford to change so many things at a time. With the expanding technology and the engineering costs that everybody has with the pressure for sponsorship and investment in the sport, a dramatic or unnecessary engine change would not be welcome in my world."

Roush said previous conversations with NASCAR officials have focused on two considerations.

"One of them is not a big-cost problem and the other one is," he said. "If NASCAR comes back and redefines the engine right away, says we’re going to a 4-valve, twin overhead cam package, that would be a death knell for a lot of teams in terms of what it would cost to re-power these things.

"I don’t think it would materially impact the competitiveness of the cars, or the quality of the product that the consumers buy either from watching it on TV or from buying a seat in the stands.

"The thing that NASCAR has talked about, that they’ve brought to my attention, is changing the displacement of the engine in an effort to reduce 100 horsepower; that gets thumbs down from me because the cost of crankshafts, and the obsolescence that are involved and the development that follows that are going to cost the teams millions of dollars.

"I think NASCAR has asked 'what about that?' but I don’t think they are serious in wanting to push that."

Roush said it appears more likely that the change will involve lowering the engine RPM, "which would be less hard on the engine," and could include "a requirement that you use the engine for two races.

"I think that’s more likely where they will wind up," he said.

Both the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series currently operate with a "sealed engine" program.

Such a move at the Cup level would mean higher initial costs due to development and construction, but by making the engine last for two races a net savings could be realized.

"By reducing the RPM, you reduce the power available for the car without changing its restriction or changing its displacement," said Roush. "By making the requirement that an engine be run twice before it was subject to rebuild, we would have that opportunity to reduce costs to the teams."

Roush said there is also talk of moving away from flat tappet camshafts in Cup engines to a roller camshaft similar to what is currently used in the Nationwide and Truck series.

"Right now you have to search the world for the best steel and best coating process to be able to have the friction characteristics that will allow you to run a flat tappet camshaft competitively," he said.

"The roller camshaft lifter arrangement will be much easier to source from a component point of view and much easier for the marginal teams to be able to get camshafts in their engines that will be durable."

#4601 OFFLINE   McLovin

McLovin

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 AM

I'm genuinely happy that Dale Jr is doing well, but it annoysme that he is doing it with Steve Letard. Glad to see Letard is making better decisions with Jr than he did with Jeff.

I love the fact that Jeff is on top of the points and I'd love nothing better to see him with the Championship this year and retire, but sadly I don't think that's gonna happen.

Chase Elliott has been rather impressive to me and think it's awesome he is being so successful. I got lucky that I got into Nascar the year before Gordon took off and I've been a fan of his since. I just can't seem to find someone who isn't a total jerk or someone who can't seem to race themselves out of a paper bag, but between Larson and Elliott, I think I may have found a new driver!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users