5301 replies to this topic

#5281 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,880 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

Anyone here remember the 2 car team that kicked butt? Ummmmm...Penske!

Sometimes...but ultimately, no. If you ain't first...you're last.
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#5282 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

Concur, if Ford can't win with the FR 9 engine and everybody supposed to have the identical body then there is an issue.  Ford needs to put its racing budget where it will Win on Sunday and Sell on Monday, that is road racing and drag racing.  I assume the young kids today still like those.  

I don't think winning at Indy is worth the investment, or Le Mans, etc.  People want to buy what they can identify with.  Which makes me wonder why Ford races in nascar if they don't have a hot version of the Fusion.  But as I said, nascar is more about pushing F-150 trucks than selling cars.

#5283 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,880 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Concur, if Ford can't win with the FR 9 engine and everybody supposed to have the identical body then there is an issue.  Ford needs to put its racing budget where it will Win on Sunday and Sell on Monday, that is road racing and drag racing.  I assume the young kids today still like those.  

I don't think winning at Indy is worth the investment, or Le Mans, etc.  People want to buy what they can identify with.  Which makes me wonder why Ford races in nascar if they don't have a hot version of the Fusion.  But as I said, nascar is more about pushing F-150 trucks than selling cars.

Maybe if Ford races in any NASCAR series it should only be the Truck series.

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#5284 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

Ford may not know how to run a racing program but perhaps GM could take lessons in corporate management.  GM stock is down 19% ytd, while Ford is up 3% ytd.  

#5285 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:40 AM

CONCORD, N.C. -- A reduction in horsepower, a shorter rear spoiler and an optional driver adjustable track bar are among the nearly five dozen changes that encompass the 2015 rules package for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams.

After nearly a year of testing and collaboration to arrive at the package, NASCAR officials informed teams of the 2015 changes this week.

In addition to the changes in "hard parts," NASCAR has banned all private testing by teams for next season. Organizations will be allowed to participate in NASCAR/Goodyear tests only.

193x193.jpg

Teams currently are allowed to test at non-sanctioned facilities as often as they choose, and have a minimum number of tests allowed at tracks that host Sprint Cup Series races.

There also will not be a preseason test at Daytona International Speedway leading into the season-opening Daytona 500. Teams were expected to be at the 2.5-mile track in January for the annual Preseason Thunder program.

There could also be qualifying and racing in the rain at Sprint Cup Series events contested on road courses if weather is an issue; and the new qualifying format unveiled this year could see some minor tweaks going forward.

"Last year when we did the chassis change, we wanted to do the engine power optimization, but it was too much, too fast for the engine builders," Gene Stefanyshyn told NASCAR.com.

Stefanyshyn, senior vice president of innovation and racing development, said speeds increased slightly with the implementation of the 2014 package, "so this year, even though we've got the power down, we're re-balancing the car."

The horsepower reduction, from 850 to 725, will be obtained in part through the use of tapered spacers, which are currently used in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.

Flat valve lifters will be replaced with roller valve lifters; lower differential gear ratios (targeting 9,000 RPM) will be in use and the rear spoiler height will be reduced from 8 inches to 6 inches.

An adjustable driver track bar will be optional (the device was tested this summer at Michigan International Speedway); while the size of the radiator pan has been decreased from 43 inches to 38 inches.

Stefanyshyn said speeds will likely decrease by no more than 3-4 mph in most instances with the changes.

"You take the power out, but we're also taking drag off (by trimming the spoiler) to re-balance this whole thing," he said. "It's not going to be as dramatic as most people think. We're hoping … it will make the racing better, closer. Our goals are always that, right? To provide better entertainment for our fans."

The move to eliminate testing, he said, was at the request of teams. Any team that is caught skirting the rule will face a P6 penalty, the most severe.

"They say 'it cost a ton of money, takes a ton of time, a ton of resources,' " Stefanyshyn said. "They say, 'We test at tracks we don't race at, they're not rubbered in. When all is said and done, what is whole value of thing?'

"They all say that, but they all go (test) because the other guy is going. So how can we control all you guys, where you go? They said, 'Hey, put down a severe penalty.' So it’s a P6. It's a big one.

"We won't put a bodyguard with each team and follow them around but … thinking that people will let you know (if anyone breaks the rule)."

Teams will still test, but those tests will likely be run in conjunction with Goodyear tire tests and NASCAR.

"What we're trying to do is get Goodyear, NASCAR and team testing, which are separate now, and bring all three of us together," he said. "If we organize it well and do it in a smart way, say 'Goodyear's got to do their stuff, let's help them; NASCAR and the teams, if we want to look at this low downforce world, let's work together; and then you teams, you've got your time.'

"That's the thinking but we have to figure all that out."

Previously announced for 2015 were the move to automated pit road officiating, a new parts approval process and the implementation of an electronic rule book.

#5286 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,880 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:17 AM

Under the original (classic) NASCAR points system...this would be the results for 2014:

• 1) #24-Jeff Gordon(EC), 1253
    2) #22-Joey Logano(C4), 1216, -37
    3) #2-Brad Keselowski(EC), 1179, -74
    4) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(EC), 1175, -78
    5) #4-Kevin Harvick(CH), 1171, -82
    6) #31-Ryan Newman(C2), 1136, -117
    7) #20-Matt Kenseth(EC), 1131, -122
    8) #42-Kyle Larson #, 1080, -173
    9) #48-Jimmie Johnson(EC), 1067, -186
    10) #99-Carl Edwards(EC), 1059, -194
    11) #1-Jamie McMurray, 1014, -239
    12) #16-Greg Biffle(EC), 1000, -253
    13) #11-Denny Hamlin(C3), 987, -266 (missed a races)
    14) #15-Clint Bowyer, 979, -274
    15) #18-Kyle Busch(EC), 969, -284
    16) #5-Kasey Kahne(EC), 966, -287
    17) #3-Austin Dillon #, 958, -295
    18) #27-Paul Menard, 944, -309
    19) #55-Brian Vickers, 921, -332
    20) #41-Kurt Busch(EC), 911, -342
    21) #9-Marcos Ambrose, 872, -381
    22) #47-AJ Allmendinger(EC), 868, -385
    23) #78-Martin Truex Jr., 857, -396
    24) #43-Aric Almirola(EC), 820, -433
    25) #14-Tony Stewart, 799, -454 (missed 3 races)
    (CH is the 2014 Sprint Cup Series Champion)
    (C# is chase driver and current Chase position)
    (EC is chase driver that has been eliminated from the Chase)
    (11-16-2014)

#5287 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

I CAN HEAR JEFF GORDON WHINING ALL THE WAY FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5288 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

I am curious what  changes the new rules will bring.  Most importantly is the reduction in horsepower/torque.  When you reduce HP that much it takes away the advantage of aerodynamics, the rear suspension mystery that Hendrick has and even driver ability.  it takes a exceptional driver to use all 900 HP but a lesser driver can get by on the 725 HP.  It will be interesting.  I predict more races will be won by staying out on cautions, gambling on fuel mileage, etc.  More winners next year and fewer multiple winners.  

#5289 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

• Yates Denies Rumors of Roush Fenway Buyout: Roush Yates Engines CEO Doug Yates responded yesterday (Dec 4th) to rumors that he will replace Jack Roush at the helm of Roush Fenway Racing when Roush steps down in the near future. "Jack is committed to NASCAR racing," said Yates, son of legendary NASCAR engine builder and team owner Robert Yates. "He loves two things besides his family; racing and flying airplanes. He is not planning to stop the racing part, anyway. I know that for a fact." Yates admitted, however, that he is interested in following his father into the ownership ranks one day. "It's flattering to hear my name out there (in the rumor mill) and if the right situation came along, I'd love to carry on what my dad started and what he accomplished. But right now, my focus is on building great engines for Ford Motor Company and making Ford and Roush proud. That's what I'm going to try to stick with and be focused on in the near future. Jack Roush is not going anywhere" he said, "...and one thing he's not going to do is quit before he gets (Roush Fenway Racing) back where he wants it." Yates also said Roush has been instrumental in his success as an engine builder, adding, "He's been really good to me... a lot like my dad. I've been so fortunate to learn and watch and be around him. He's taught me a lot."(Godfather Motorsports)(12-5-2014)

#5290 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

Track News and Announcements
  • Atlanta removing 17,000 seats, Charlotte 41,000 UPDATE: Atlanta Motor Speedway's parent company, Speedway Motorsports, Inc., announced Tuesday that they will remove 17,000 seats from the track's grandstands. The company anticipates using those areas for premium hospitality, advertising and other facility purposes. Their sister track, Charlotte Motor Speedway, is losing 41,000 seats.(wgxa.tv), see image of the CMS construction at Slugger Labbe's Twitter.(12-10-2014)
    UPDATE: Alterations announced this week are in line with a trend of tracks removing seats. Charlotte, after removing 41,000 seats this winter, will be down to permanent seating of 89,000 in 2015, a startlingly low capacity considering its location in NASCAR's epicenter. But it's par for the course. Atlanta is removing 17,000 seats to get down to 75,000; Dover is removing 17,500 seats to get down to 95,500; and Daytona is removing its backstretch grandstands of 46,500 next spring to go to 101,500 seats. Other tracks on the circuit have made similar changes.
    At its peak in 2007, International Speedway Corp.'s 12 major tracks had 1.1 million grandstand seats (not including suites). After the Daytona renovation, ISC will be down 30 percent to approximately 761,000 seats.
    In 2013 alone, the following ISC tracks cut seats: Talladega (from 108,000 to 78,000), Richmond (91,000 to 71,000), Chicagoland (69,000 to 55,500), Michigan (84,000 to 71,000), California (81,000 to 68,000), Darlington (60,000 to 58,000) and Homestead (56,000 to 46,000). Any additional cuts likely will be revealed when its annual report comes out in January.
    With the current Charlotte and Atlanta reductions, Speedway Motorsports has cut 101,000 seats (12 percent) across seven of its tracks since 2009, although it added 38,000 at Kentucky when it moved a Cup race to that track. SMI, which includes suites in its capacity estimates, cut capacity in 2013 at Atlanta (from 98,000 to 92,000), Bristol (158,000 to 153,000) and New Hampshire (96,000 to 95,000).
    Dover listed 135,000 seats in 2009, so its reduction in recent years is 29 percent. At one point, it reduced 20,000 seats by replacing the current seats with wider ones for more fan comfort, a move done by many racetracks. Indianapolis and Pocono, privately owned, do not have to report their capacities, but Indianapolis also has removed seats.(see full article at the Sporting News)(12-11-2014)

#5291 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

Well, that's one way to 'fill' empty seats!

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#5292 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

doesn't bode well for NASCAR.  

#5293 OFFLINE   ShelbyKR664

ShelbyKR664

ShelbyKR664

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Family, Shelby Mustangs, Restoring vintage Mustangs, Golf, Landscape Architecture , Fantasy Baseball
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

Sounds like the bleeding will continue. Just lower the freaking prices! Just one of the tracks needs to experiment to see if it would bring more people in. Any section, rows 1-10 $20. Rows 11-30 $30. First come first serve. First 5000 tickets sold receive free pit pass before the race. $5 parking. Full stands buy a lot of beer,hotdogs,t-shirts.

I priced the spring race at Richmond for 4 which includes 2 kids under 12. Front stretch seats row 25 $300 plus hotel meals, fuel add $250. Not happening. Needs to be less than $150 to entertain.
For $550, I could buy a really nice flat screen and use it for the next 10 years.
CSM# 08KR0664 Silver/Blue 181 of 476 Purchased May 12,2013 Delivered June 3, 2013.Shaker 1000, LED interior lighting, KR Billet engine caps Moroso fuse box cover and aluminum radiator tank, Shelby GT500KR MC brake cover, 20" Alcoa "Shelby Forged" 20 x 9 x 4 GT500KR center caps Sumitomo HRTZ III 275/35/20! carbon fiber rear splash guards made by TruFiber, Shelby Redline Elites low pressure hood struts, stainless bolt kit engine bayShelby GT500KR trunk liner Shelby billet GT500KR fuel doorBillet shorty antenna Billet cup cover deleteSequential tail light kitFuture Mods:Functional: Shelby Watts link, Shelby 3 gauge dash pod, Brembo F&R 14" rotor upgrade, CF drive shaft, Shelby transmission coolerCosmetic: CF rockers, radiator cover, CF center console cover, Shelby rear trunk strut, transmission scoop cooler, KR shifter ball (Silver/blue,when available)

#5294 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

An issue of concern, which NASCAR has floated before, is pay-per-view television.  Millions watch nascar every weekend but I think if they try to charge even 1.00 they will lose millions of viewers and be one more nail in their coffin.  I think most would look at that as a matter of principle.  YOu can watch baseball, football, basketball etc for free so why pay for nascar, except to further their greed.  I read where nascar just promoted 5 persons to vice president.  Sounds like mission creep.

#5295 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

• Additional changes to pit rules: There was a meeting this week between NASCAR and the sport's various pit crew coaches regarding the new pit road rules for 2015. The main story line we've seen emphasized this week is the fact that NASCAR is no longer going to enforce a lug nut rule. But that isn't the only thing to come out of that meeting. There are other new rules and ways of enforcement that could have much more drastic impacts on races.
    The big move for next season is the removal of more officials from pit road. Starting at Daytona, a new video system will monitor pit road, and penalties will be called from a central video-review location. That means far fewer "judgement" calls by officials. Cut and dry video evidence will rule. And the one area that nobody in the media has mentioned that will be affected the most is crews jumping from the wall early. The rule for when crews can leave the wall goes like this: teams are allowed to be on the ground in their pit stall as soon as their car crosses the back line of the stall directly behind their own. You didn't see this rule enforced all that often, because it had to be fairly blatant for an official to even notice it. Now, if a crew member is down even a split second early, the penalty will be called. Supposedly once NASCAR started testing this video system late in 2014, they were hundreds of "jumping early" penalties flagged by the system. What this means, is that you could potentially see a lot of these penalties called early in the season until pit crews figure out what they can and can't get away with. All coaches are emphasizing this point to their teams this offseason, but it will be an issue in 2015.
    Another rule that will be more actively enforced with this video system is the drivers rolling through too many pit boxes before their own on entry. Drivers are only allowed to drive through three (I think) pit boxes before they enter their own. This was also a judgement call in the past, but this new video system will catch more of these in the future.
    Other smaller points of emphasis for NASCAR included the elimination of helping your neighbor on pit road gather up his tires by being over the wall. You would often see a member of another pit crew over the wall helping a team corral it's tires. Now, if a crewman wants to help, they have to stay behind the wall. NASCAR is also going to pay closer attention to tire control by the pit crews. If tires aren't in control of a crewman at least half way back to the wall, NASCAR will call a penalty. This rule isn't new, but will be more actively enforced.(NASCAR Insiders)(12-14-2014)

#5296 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 12,181 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

SPRINT is OUT at the end of 2016

http://sports.yahoo....-185242841.html

I wonder if what "Larry the Cable Guy" said could come true................(pulling a few Strings for that special Sponsor.......)

#5297 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

• Sprint will not return as Series sponsor: Citing a need to focus more directly on its core business priorities, Sprint announced it has informed NASCAR it will not extend the title sponsorship of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series after the current agreement expires at the end of the 2016 season. "We are proud of our association with NASCAR's top series but have made the decision not to extend our sponsorship beyond the next two years," said Steve Gaffney, vice president-Marketing, Sprint. "As we look to the future, Sprint is focused on investing in maintaining a competitive edge and providing consumers with the best value in wireless.Sprint has long benefitted from the unprecedented level of brand integration available in NASCAR, and the passionate fan base that is the most loyal in sports. Without question, the NASCAR sponsorship property has been a valuable investment for us and will be for our successor."
    Since the partnership began in 2004, Sprint has worked closely with NASCAR to bring many fan-friendly innovations to life, including the introduction of the FanView next generation scanner (2005), the creation of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile wireless application (2008) and the debut of Miss Sprint Cup (2007), an ambassador program that now has more than 1.5 million social media followers. The constant evolution of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race pre-race show and the improvements to the Sprint Vision trackside programming also highlight Sprint's portfolio of fan enhancements.
    "We genuinely appreciate the fans, teams, drivers, tracks and media who have been so supportive and welcoming to us during these many race seasons," said Gaffney. "We look forward to our remaining time as sponsor of the Sprint Cup Series and eventually assisting with the transition to NASCAR's next title partner."
    The sponsorship extends back to 2004 when Nextel signed a 10-year partnership with NASCAR for the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series. The name changed to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2008 as a result of the Nextel/Sprint corporate merger. At the conclusion of the first 10 years, Sprint extended the partnership an additional three years taking the contract through the end of the 2016 season(Sprint)
    NASCAR Statement: "NASCAR and Sprint have enjoyed a long and productive partnership that has returned significant value to both parties. We understand significant changes within Sprint and the highly competitive business environment it is in has led to a decision not to extend its Cup Series entitlement position following the 2016 season. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is a very unique, premium sports marketing platform with strong momentum, so we are very confident of moving forward in 2017 with an outstanding new partner. In the meantime, we look forward to Sprint's partnership on the best racing series in the world for the next two seasons."(12-16-2014)

#5298 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:The wife, the kids and Shelby's

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Maybe it's time for the "NASCAR Jack Daniels Cup series".  I think that would be kinda fitting  :lol:

QSS

"I wanna go where the beer flows like wine"

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#5299 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Interests:Track days, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids, road course racing
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

• NASCAR Statement: the best racing series in the world.

THIS is NASCAR's problem.  They don't have any humility and think they are the best.  It's right about the time when you think you are the best and make such a statement when a humbling event is upon you.

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear - Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes - Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit - Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Shelby Oil Separator - Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers - Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan - Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger - PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft - Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank - Flowmaster Exhaust - Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars - Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster - Shelby Sway Bar End Links -  Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A-Arms, A Arm Support Brace - Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link - Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms - Ford Racing Springs - Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob - Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers - Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels, Radiator Cover

#5300 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

• Fox to air 2015 NASCAR preview show Sunday: This Sunday will mark 63 days until the 2015 Daytona 500, and FOX will mark nine weeks until the Great American Race with a NASCAR Productions-produced "NASCAR 2015: A New Era" season preview. The hour-long show will air at 4:30pm/et to 78% of the country. Those fans slated to see the National Footbal League game between New York Giants at the St. Louis Rams will get "NASCAR 2015: A New Era" at 3:00pm/et. The special will focus on the Daytona 500 on February 22, including "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" star Terry Crews explaining the magnitude of the season-opening race. Then, the show will take a look at the new second race of the season at Atlanta and a West Coast swing among the 2015 schedule changes. Team and driver swaps as well as NBC coming on board as a new television partner will be examined. As they did during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on FOX Sports 1's "NASCAR RaceHub," analysts Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, pit reporter Matt Yocum and host Adam Alexander will make predictions in special installment of the NASCAR War Room.(NASCAR.com)(12-19-2014)

#5301 ONLINE   cobra 07

cobra 07

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 21-August 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:Go Fast

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Well, that's one way to 'fill' empty seats!

Phill

and you forgot to mention more $$  per seat to make $$

chuck

#5302 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,880 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

• Fox to air 2015 NASCAR preview show Sunday: This Sunday will mark 63 days until the 2015 Daytona 500, and FOX will mark nine weeks until the Great American Race with a NASCAR Productions-produced "NASCAR 2015: A New Era" season preview. The hour-long show will air at 4:30pm/et to 78% of the country. Those fans slated to see the National Footbal League game between New York Giants at the St. Louis Rams will get "NASCAR 2015: A New Era" at 3:00pm/et. The special will focus on the Daytona 500 on February 22, including "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" star Terry Crews explaining the magnitude of the season-opening race. Then, the show will take a look at the new second race of the season at Atlanta and a West Coast swing among the 2015 schedule changes. Team and driver swaps as well as NBC coming on board as a new television partner will be examined. As they did during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on FOX Sports 1's "NASCAR RaceHub," analysts Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, pit reporter Matt Yocum and host Adam Alexander will make predictions in special installment of the NASCAR War Room.(NASCAR.com)(12-19-2014)

:boring:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users