stump_breaker

President O-bow-ma

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 3,829 posts
  • Joined 20-March 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

$100k plus a gt500. Hmmmm, I don't have that kind of scratch laying around unless.....

Anybody know how much a kidney would go for at today's market prices? :hysterical:
2007 Shelby GT #117 Black - gone
2010 Rubicon
2004 Ram 3/4 ton 4x4
2012 Turbo Optima EX
Posted Image

#153 OFFLINE   ejrail

ejrail

Genius by birth....slacker by choice.

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 11,378 posts
  • Joined 01-February 08
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Shelby, model railroading

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

Now I find myself looking at the video and photos about every 1/2 hour :yahoo:
It doesn't seem right deep down, :confused:

I have always recycled my cans and used the extra cash as play money towards my hobbies. At today's aluminum prices, this car is worth about 10 million 12 oz beer cans.

Shall we get started??!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :hysterical:

Team Shelby Mountain Region-Utah Representative

Black 07SGT2940 automatic

Build date 5/10/07

Purchased new 12/14/07

Award of Excellence,2009 Intermountain Mustang and All Ford Show.
Outstanding in Class award, 2009 Salt Lake City Autorama
Outstanding in Class award, 2010 Salt Lake City Autorama
Class award, 2011 Salt Lake City Autorama
Sponsor's Choice award 2011 Primary Children's Medical Center Benefit cruise
Best in Class, 2011 Prairie Dog benefit show-American Diabetes Assoc.
Class award, 2011 Intermountain Mustang and All Ford Show
Best Engine, 2012 Wings & Wheels Show, Wendover, UT
Sponsor's Choice, 2012 Furry Friends Animal Shelter cruise
Best in Show 2013 Prairie Dog benefit show-American Diabetes Assoc.
Best Personalized License Plate, 2013 Intermountain Mustang and All Ford Show.

Best "Big Kid's" costume, October 2013 Soda Row Halloween Cruise

Sponsor's Choice, 2013 Furry Friends Animal Shelter cruise

Participant 2014 Shelby Bash

Participant 2014 Intermountain Mustang and All Ford Show

Participant 1st Annual Octane Party-Miller Motorsports Park

143-1.jpg?t=1336785052

#154 OFFLINE   Aussie Snake

Aussie Snake

Team Shelby New Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 27-May 07
  • Region:Australia

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

I think it is a great move.

Well done to the team at Shelby, Amy et all !!!

I think shelby need to get some performance cars competing on the track and this is a just a start.

Its all about building on the brand. Shelby have a superb package with the Super Snake and they are
maxing out the value of the work done on the Kenne bell super charger as well.

I love the SGT's as much as my car, i would really love to have the extra cash to have a SGT
in my garage more as a daily driver. I also hope one day Shelby bring out the GT 350, it makes
sense with where the industry is heading.

But lets get these cars out on the track, back to the roots of the shelby legacy.
I took my car out last week to the track nd had some fun, got another session next week and the
Mustang Club Victoria Drag races in 4 weeks, looking forward to letting her rip.

This is what you are supposed to do with these cars, Drive them and enjoy them.

Price is a out of my league, but i congradulate shelby for making the move on the Prudhomme.

Edited by Aussie Snake, 06 February 2009 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image
2008 GT500 Super Snake Red and Black 725hp CSM 08SS0015
Full Griggs Racing GR40 ST suspension + Griggs Watts Link + Torsen Diff
Now cruising Melbourne right hand drive conversion by Mustang Motorsport (Australia's only Shelby Mod Shop)
Baddest car on the Australian Roads.
Proud attendant of the 85th Birthday Bash.

#155 OFFLINE   markham51

markham51

markham51

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, boats, golf, fishing!
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

$100k plus a gt500. Hmmmm, I don't have that kind of scratch laying around unless.....

Anybody know how much a kidney would go for at today's market prices? :hysterical:

I think you might have to grow a couple more! :hysterical:
A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.

68 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Convert Acapulco Blue
04 MKIII SP Cobra w Rousch 427R Black
05 Corvette Convert Daytona Sunset Orange
07 Explorer Sport Trac Limited Red
07 Shelby GT500 Convert Torch Red
07 Shelby GT500SS Coupe Tungsten Grey

10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost AWD
13 SVT Raptor 6.2L White w graphics

15 GT350 Shelby Mustang "number 1 on my dealer list"

#156 OFFLINE   Freak

Freak

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
  • Interests:Fast Cars, Firearms, Photography and my puppy dog.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

The LAST Photo in the Article, shows Two Guys putting the Front End on. The Hood and the Fenders are Molded together. Is that how the actual Production Models will be?

I believe the article said it would have a tilt front end, and it looks different from the standard GT500 front, so I'm bettin it will be...
Freedom exists because there are men and women willing to do terrible things to those who would threaten it.

It is the Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen who salute the flag, who serve beneath the flag, and who's coffins are draped by the flag, that allow the protester to burn the flag.

I'm not a Shelby guy, I'm not a Mustang guy, I'm not a Camaro or Chevy guy, and I'm not a Dodge guy. I'm a car guy. I don't care what the fender says, if it looks cool, is fast and fun to drive, It can be called a Poo-master 1000 for all I care. I'll still like it.

http://www.facebook.com/BanTheFordMustang

#157 OFFLINE   Alexandros

Alexandros

SAI Registrar Shelby GT 500

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 3,738 posts
  • Joined 23-January 07

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:25 AM

I think it is a great move.

Well done to the team at Shelby, Amy et all !!!

I think shelby need to get some performance cars competing on the track and this is a just a start.

Its all about building on the brand. Shelby have a superb package with the Super Snake and they are
maxing out the value of the work done on the Kenne bell super charger as well.

I love the SGT's as much as my car, i would really love to have the extra cash to have a SGT
in my garage more as a daily driver. I also hope one day Shelby bring out the GT 350, it makes
sense with where the industry is heading.

But lets get these cars out on the track, back to the roots of the shelby legacy.
I took my car out last week to the track nd had some fun, got another session next week and the
Mustang Club Victoria Drag races in 4 weeks, looking forward to letting her rip.

This is what you are supposed to do with these cars, Drive them and enjoy them.

Price is a out of my league, but i congradulate shelby for making the move on the Prudhomme.

+1

#158 OFFLINE   351Stroker

351Stroker

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-August 07

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

Jeeze! a 100,000 grand? Your paying thru the nose for the limited edition. There's no engine mods to this other than the bug catcher, To get 800hp all you need is to step down to a 2 3/4 pulley and run 105 unleaded, 15 bucks a gallon too.

#159 OFFLINE   amyb

amyb

Amy

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,958 posts
  • Joined 11-August 06
  • Interests:cars, all things 50's and tiki...no laughing!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

It's quite obvious that it's easier to make a quick buck off the same people willing to drop $30K+ on an SS upfit in the first place, than it is pandering to the people that wouldn't spend $40K on the entire car (assuming anyone buys into this package).
They might make as much money with these 100 drag packages and the 427's than they did selling thousands of SGT's, IMO.

I agree with your opinion of SAI's business model, for the most part. I don't agree that offering an upfit for the SGT doesn't make good, long term business sense. Their offerings don't seem very diversified these days. With this thing's announcement, the SGTR's recent debut, the 427 and so on, there is a very clear pattern of extremely expensive Mustang "packages" being offered at extremely limited runs (with very little meat added to the ponies, IMO). $$$ for low #'s. That's it. Is that sustainable?

Ken

Guys, we will have a new upfit package for all 4.6 mustangs soon. everything takes time, we have to plan and build cars at the same time. This Prudhomme car is a real upgrade, a complete upgrade to the gt500. The hood tilts forward and it is street legal. it can be raced or driven on the streets. If you haven't seen the DP edition in person, you can't really comment, we redid that whole body.

We do have a SC upgrade for the SGT, and we will offer a new kit shortly. This prudhomme car is very limited, we do cars like this to show what Shelby can do. All Shelby's are great, I drive a SGT-C daily. We also need to more accross the board, and that is why we added the limited to 37 track gt-R.
"You can't grab the brass ring, sitting in the swan"

#160 OFFLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

2007-08 Shelby GT Registrar

• 4,476 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:nothing to see here........move along.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:16 AM

Amy, Have you visited here lately?

linky

Chris
Chris Carter

Posted Image

Shelby American Registrar --- 07-08 Shelby GT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oklahoma Director --- Team Shelby Southern Plains Region

Email me

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR SHELBY

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF TEAM SHELBY

#161 OFFLINE   Alexandros

Alexandros

SAI Registrar Shelby GT 500

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 3,738 posts
  • Joined 23-January 07

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

Guys, we will have a new upfit package for all 4.6 mustangs soon. everything takes time, we have to plan and build cars at the same time. This Prudhomme car is a real upgrade, a complete upgrade to the gt500. The hood tilts forward and it is street legal. it can be raced or driven on the streets. If you haven't seen the DP edition in person, you can't really comment, we redid that whole body.

We do have a SC upgrade for the SGT, and we will offer a new kit shortly. This prudhomme car is very limited, we do cars like this to show what Shelby can do. All Shelby's are great, I drive a SGT-C daily. We also need to more accross the board, and that is why we added the limited to 37 track gt-R.

:happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

#162 OFFLINE   sharon

sharon

MotorCityRoundUp.com

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,232 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Shelby, Dogs, Travel

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Shelby Don Prudohomme

Videos

Gallery

Download Brochure

Article
Warner Robert Performance LLC TeamMustang.net

#163 OFFLINE   Nitro

Nitro

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Joined 30-December 08
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

I like the concept of the car but think the three port intake, made to look like the dragster or funny car injector intake, looks funky and just doesn't seem to fit the cars design lines. Anyone else out here feel the same about that part of the car? I am happy though that they have given Don his due by putting his name on this car. He was a great driver and is a great team owner and genuine nice guy.
He who hoots with the Owl in the evening, cannot soar with the Eagle in the morning!
"The Engines Horsepower Should Never Exceed The Drivers IQ"

2007 GT500 Performance White/Vista Blue Stripes

#164 OFFLINE   kahmann

kahmann

08SGT1292

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts
  • Joined 30-May 08
  • Interests:Going fast.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

This is great news. I can't wait to see what the new kit looks like! Thanks for the update Amy.

Ken

2008 Shelby GT (#1292 of 2214)
2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat

LIVERNOIS - WHIPPLE - MANLEY - COMP - GRIGGS RACING - WELDCRAFT - TOYO
SIG2-Racing2-2.jpg

#165 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,494 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07
  • Interests:being totally uninterested.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

Awesome!!!

When I was a kid my dad was an Army recruiter and we always went into the Pits at the drags. Don P was about as cool as you could get to me when I was a kid. I did get to meet him once and he was super cool. I think this car is Bad to the Bone!! LOVE the tilt front end!!!!!

Great job SAI!!!! Keep on rocking!!!!

2014 Corvette Z51, 2LT, MSRC, NPP, FAY, 7SP, TRANS TOP. My name is on the dash, (museum delivery).

SOLD: 

07SGT/SC. Driven! Rain or Shine, no refunds. Best 1/4 mile time 12.077 as equpped below.

Performance White, 5sp, iup, anti-theft, navigation. Whipple 550. 1st Customer 550 out of the SAI Mod Shop. (Thanks Budman!).

19x9/19x10 Saleen Heritage Wheels w/275/35 and 295/35 BFG KDW N2.
Brembo Front Calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Hawk HPS Rear pads, FRPP Brake cooling kit with custom intakes.
Goodridge SS lines and ATE Super Blue Fluid.
Functional Fiberglass SA scoop. Glassed over SA production Sticker.
MMS mufflers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users