kryptonite

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 13-August 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Sports and cars!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

I have a quest for a green Shelby and your creation is inspiring. I will eventully alter a green Bullitt to achieve my hearts desire, for now I settle for green FIA stripes. More power to you, the die hards know it's not authentic.

Tom is a guy you should talk to (vert below), and if your in SoCal stop by.

Mike

I know Tom. We are members of the Legend Lime Registry.
Russ

2005 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Shelby GT Tribute)
http://www.teamshelb...gt-tribute-car/
Member: Legend Lime Registry LLR# 042
Member: MCA #66015
Member: Team Shelby# 6184
Club President: Twisted Stallions Mustang Club
Deluxe Interior Package. 5 speed manual transmission. Cloth Seats. (#1 of 504 made in 2005)
Build Date 05/05/05 Corralled 05/23/05

"A GOOD CAR GETS YOU FROM POINT A TO POINT B.
A GREAT CAR JUST GETS YOU IN TROUBLE."

Posted Image

#62 OFFLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 2,896 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Everything automotive, NHL, NCAAF, German Shepherd dogs

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

You have a lot I mean A LOT of balls to post this in a Shelby forum, but honest to god I think it's brilliant and very beautiful. I wish the newer GT 500 came in this colour! Put some Gun Metal Gray Shelby Razors on her. Anyways great looking car, you put a lot in her. Be proud! :shift:

Is this what you have in mind?

Attached Files

TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC REGION DIRECTOR
Team Shelby member 906

2011 Shelby GT350 - CSM113500040
624 HP, 604.6 RWHP Watt's Link, Partial painted stripes, Museum delivery 4/6/11 Tremec Magnum XL

#63 OFFLINE   Matts

Matts

Proud FTB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Joined 09-December 07
  • Interests:Road racing and Auto-crossing

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

:drool:
I.D.F.A

Current Garage

2005 V6 Mustang

#64 OFFLINE   richard m.switzer

richard m.switzer

Terlingua Racing Team Member

• Mississippi Valley Region
  • 1,902 posts
  • Joined 06-January 08
  • Region:Mississippi Valley

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

I know Russ personally and have seen the car in person and the paint shop did a great job, it looks better in person (better than what we got from SAI).

I own one and don’t have an issue, adding a fake CSM # would be crossing the line in my opinion. Hell, there are hundreds if not thousands of “tributes or clones” of the classic Shelby’s and it’s never hurt their value or prestige over the years. I'm secure enough to know I own the real deal.

If anyone has a problem with the PBF badges, you should take it up with Ford for letting them be sold on eBay, plus they are giving them away if you buy a crate motor from Ford Racing. Plus, SPP sells the S H E L B Y letters in their own catalog (page 26) for anyone to purchase.

Like Jase said, if you are happy with it that is all that matters.

(Flame suite on)

O.K,, :redcard: ,so what makes a Shelby a Shelby,,,not trying to make anyone mad,but the GT 500 made at Ford ,are they real Shelby 's are not,,,also the GT/CS which I owen have the same parts as a Shelby GT,,,and also SPP makes parts for all,,the side Shelby GT emblems " are " from Ford Racing ,,,even the 1968 GT/CS had Shelby parts on it from Ford,all Shelby oweners have something all others will not a # number,so why does anyone fear a clone,,maybe its just the styling of the shelby look that came from " Ford ",,,there all Mustangs ,,,same engine,,same car,,,,I do not believe a few add on parts makes another car any better,,Mr.Shelby once said ," drive and enjoy ",,so in ending this reply,,I say to all its just a car,,,its still a mustang. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by richard m.switzer, 15 April 2009 - 05:27 PM.

000144-R1-02-1A.jpg
000144-R1-14-13A.jpg
000392-R1-07-6A.jpg
000144-R1-19-18A.jpg
Mods are ,,Ford Racing Parts , Shelby Performance Parts ,
ford racing fender decal 001.jpg ,
Picture 011.jpg

41.gif

#65 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,897 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

I'm diggin' that green! :happy feet:

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

med_gallery_4913_134_10106.jpg

#66 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 13,404 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

OH yeah.

#67 OFFLINE   richard m.switzer

richard m.switzer

Terlingua Racing Team Member

• Mississippi Valley Region
  • 1,902 posts
  • Joined 06-January 08
  • Region:Mississippi Valley

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Attached File  image3.jpg   102.83KB   27 downloadsAttached File  wn560a.jpg   241.13KB   41 downloads

O.K,, :redcard: ,so what makes a Shelby a Shelby,,,not trying to make anyone mad,but the GT 500 made at Ford ,are they real Shelby 's are not,,,also the GT/CS which I owen have the same parts as a Shelby GT,,,and also SPP makes parts for all,,the side Shelby GT emblems " are " from Ford Racing ,,,even the 1968 GT/CS had Shelby parts on it from Ford,all Shelby oweners have something all others will not a # number,so why does anyone fear a clone,,maybe its just the styling of the shelby look that came from " Ford ",,,there all Mustangs ,,,same engine,,same car,,,,I do not believe a few add on parts makes another car any better,,Mr.Shelby once said ," drive and enjoy ",,so in ending this reply,,I say to all its just a car,,,its still a mustang. :dance: :dance: :dance:

:happy feet: Attached File  image2.jpg   206.56KB   45 downloadsAttached File  image1.jpg   100.72KB   43 downloads
000144-R1-02-1A.jpg
000144-R1-14-13A.jpg
000392-R1-07-6A.jpg
000144-R1-19-18A.jpg
Mods are ,,Ford Racing Parts , Shelby Performance Parts ,
ford racing fender decal 001.jpg ,
Picture 011.jpg

41.gif

#68 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 2,857 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

I know Tom. We are members of the Legend Lime Registry.

Replication is the sincerest form of flattery

In a world or conformity flaunt the exceptions

All the power to you.....gives a good idea of what could have been, if anyone thinks that this tribute is the only clone rolling around then you are fooling yourselfs...give him his props

IMO

^_^
NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#69 OFFLINE   young768

young768

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 23-July 07

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

With all the money that you are putting into this car to make it a "Shelby Tribute", other than the color, why did you not just buy a "real" Shelby GT? To each his own, and I do think you did a nice job with the car, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want a modern day Shelby or????

As others have posted, all the cars that started as Mustangs from Ford are in their very escience a Mustang. But it is what Shelby, Roush and Saleen did with them that makes them unique and distinct to the vision these builders had for the cars. If you don't have a CSM# from Shelby, regardless of the year, it is not a Shelby. A clone, a tribute, or whatever you call it is just that.

Enjoy your car! I think it is great that you have the motivation and love of the Mustang to do what you are doing. That is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun. I just don't understand the concept of spending all that money for something that is not the "real deal" when you could have spent that money on the "real deal". Why not build something completely unique that no one else has and really make them envious?
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT4478
White 5-Spd

FRPP Hot Rod Cams
FRPP Shorty Headers - Ceramic
Baer Extreme Brakes - Front
Baer Eradispeed Rotors - Rear
Steeda Stainless Steel Brakelines
Shelby Engine Fluid Caps
Shelby Sequential Tail Lights
Shelby Brake Duct Kit and Driving Lights
Shelby CS40 20x9/20x10/Goodyear F1 255/295

65 GT 289, 4-Spd, Pony Int
66 289, Auto, Pony Int
66 GT Vert, Auto, Pony Int
70 Boss 302, Calypso Coral
70 Boss 302, Red
83 GT, White, Auto
86 SVO, 5-Spd, Black w/ Tungsten Gray

#70 OFFLINE   Matts

Matts

Proud FTB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Joined 09-December 07
  • Interests:Road racing and Auto-crossing

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

With all the money that you are putting into this car to make it a "Shelby Tribute", other than the color, why did you not just buy a "real" Shelby GT? To each his own, and I do think you did a nice job with the car, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want a modern day Shelby or????

As others have posted, all the cars that started as Mustangs from Ford are in their very escience a Mustang. But it is what Shelby, Roush and Saleen did with them that makes them unique and distinct to the vision these builders had for the cars. If you don't have a CSM# from Shelby, regardless of the year, it is not a Shelby. A clone, a tribute, or whatever you call it is just that.

Enjoy your car! I think it is great that you have the motivation and love of the Mustang to do what you are doing. That is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun. I just don't understand the concept of spending all that money for something that is not the "real deal" when you could have spent that money on the "real deal". Why not build something completely unique that no one else has and really make them envious?

If I'm not mistaken he did say that his car was a tribute, not once did he say it was the real deal. Having the real deal doesn't always feel that gap in your heart. My dream car is a Shelby Hertz, but channelled, sectioned and customised beyond belief. I ask you this, would you destroy the real deal just to make it what you want? I think not...
I.D.F.A

Current Garage

2005 V6 Mustang

#71 OFFLINE   mywickedshelby

mywickedshelby

Cogito Ergo Zoom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,728 posts
  • Joined 17-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Occassionally

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

I dont mind the stripes and badging simply because it is Legend Lime.
If it was black or white or another color a real SGT came in....then it would be wrong IMO.
But we all know there were no LL SGTs......so I say go for it.
Car looks great, best of luck with her! :salute:

2007 Black SGT. CSM #2502

Masterfully Modified at MacKenzie Mustang Supply in Palm Springs, California

Deep Draw Hood (clears my Whipple without lowering the engine) and Painted Stripes / August 2011

4.6 Aluminator built by L&M Race Engines, Hatboro, PA. February 2012, 700hp!
Shelby Run Europe 2012 Participant! Driven in 36 US States and 11 Countries.........So far!

547869_10202350277620752_547696593_n.jpg

#72 OFFLINE   kryptonite

kryptonite

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 13-August 08

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the kinds words. Right now, I am trying to convince the misses that I need a Legend Lime Terlingua. After seeing the one here on the forums, I am itching for one, but she ain't budging.
Says I don't need another car.
Russ

Deluxe Interior Package. 5 speed manual transmission. Cloth Seats. (#1 of 504 made in 2005)

Posted Image

#73 OFFLINE   snelljps

snelljps

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 11-June 09

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

You say what matters is what Shelby did with the car that makes it unique, and some say that the CS 6 &8 is not a real Shelby, but what about the Gt 500? Shelby does nothing with it, it is designed and built by Ford, after you buy one you can buy the plaques from SPP, but you have to pay seperately for that. And yet it is considered a real Shelby. Shelby never touches the GT 500 unless you upgrade.
2009 Vista Blue Mustang GT
FFRP Intake SCT Tuner
off-road x-pipe
3.73 FFRP gears
BBK Shorty headers

#74 OFFLINE   FiaCobra

FiaCobra

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 2,489 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07
  • Interests:Automobiles....mainly Shelby autos.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Wow, talk about "sand in the vagina" !
You fellas need to relax. The guy did a great job, why not leave it at that? Perhaps he liked the look, but without the price tag. Damn, a lot of insecure people here.
Posted Image
"My name is Carroll Shelby and Performance is My Business" - The Legend
"The people that own them, love 'em...for those of us that don't, would sure like to" Bud Lindemann on the 1968 GT500KR

Register your Shelby HERE

Myrtle Beach Condo Rental click HERE

#75 OFFLINE   07-2937

07-2937

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Its not just sand but bits of broken glass and rusty metal lol
Its not real its a clone it will never be accepted by koolaid drinkers. U spent a lot of money and very little imagination to create it. Would u want it parked next 2 u @ a car show or car cruise in?HMMMM Not too many people even know about SGT's most would think its the same... Its like "swap meet louis" it looks like the real deal till u really scrutinize it!!! Buy a terlingua drink the drink!
Posted Image
Former SAI line Manager SGT,KR,50 SSnakes
07SGT2937, White, 5 speed,shkr1000, 2008 HID, GT500 Steering wheel
GT500 Brembo brakes, Metco uca, Whiteline subframe connectors/LCA's
CS hood,STR wheels/ 20"Razors,Gage pod, Secret stuff
http://s18.photobuck...ownhilbil/2937/
Gen 2 Whipple HO
Dyno tuned 512rwhp 471 trq @ 72degrees F @1524 feet alt

#76 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• 8,381 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

Here we go again. The answer is simple, Carroll says whats a real Shelby. And GT500's ar real Shelbys, Shelby GT's are real Shelby's. Dodge Shelbys are real Shelby's. Continuations are real Shelby's. I will repeat what John Luft said to me. Let those that think they have the right to say what a real Shelby is tell Carroll he's wrong. :hysterical3:

This is not represented as a real Shelby. And, its a damn nice ride. Common guys, check the chip at the door
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#77 OFFLINE   LL CS6

LL CS6

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 14-February 08

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

I agree with svttim,

07-2937, I see in your car sig that you have non-Shelby GT parts on your car. I don't understand how you can "Flame" a member for a clone of a Shelby GT when your Shelby GT doesn't even look like a SGT, sure you have a CSM# but whose car looks like a SGT should look?

#78 OFFLINE   SGT/SC2873

SGT/SC2873

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

"Would u want it parked next 2 u @ a car show or car cruise in?"

I actually did get to park by this car last weekend at a car show!, and no, I didn't have any problem parking next to this car.

Russ is a great guy who is doing what he wants with "HIS" car and I was proud to park next to him at the car show. If you have ever met him, you know that he does not try to pass it off as anything other than his idea of what he wants and it is his money. While we may disagree or agree, doesn't matter to me. BTW, his car looks great and he works very hard to keep it clean! I finally just gave up and sat down to watch him clean away and yes, we both won that day. JMO. Craig
'07 Shelby GT/SC
CSM 2873 AKA "White Lightning"
Performance White/Lemans Silver Stripes
Polished Whipple 550, SPEC II Clutch, 3.73 Gears, KR Mufflers. SC Upgrade Quantum Performance July 2009
RWHP 480 SAE, RWTQ 437.18
KICKER Shelby Premium Sound System
Posted Image

#79 OFFLINE   07-2937

07-2937

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

I agree with svttim,

07-2937, I see in your car sig that you have non-Shelby GT parts on your car. I don't understand how you can "Flame" a member for a clone of a Shelby GT when your Shelby GT doesn't even look like a SGT, sure you have a CSM# but whose car looks like a SGT should look?

HUH????? Flame I was telling it like it is I wasnt really flaming I was making an observation Does my SGT really not look like a SGT??????... lets see 20 black, 20 BJ black, 20 white, 20 blue 20, orange SGT's maybe a few hertz cars and ONE L Lime "CLONE" all at a car show they look the same, they all are different colors and a few have different upgrades(owner customization) But that ONE Green one sticks out... It looks the same, It has the same stripes, It has the same badging (except the one that really counts) "THE CSM" and soon they will clone that. what would the average person think?
1 My car is a SGT... badged, registered, and upgraded, ...My Car has a Shelby automobiles title (owned by Shelby autos) how many people can say that?????
2. Parts were fitted when I worked @ SAI. It includes the first prototype hoodscoop (latest model) the first prototype gage pod (newest material) one of the first ones with a whipple HO and a CS hood (MOD SHOP OPTION). Yes I changed some things many were offered at an employee discount. Does any of these things make it a fake or clone?
3. Documented By the builders/blower installers... ALL stock parts stored, can be put back to stock SGT configuration in a day Trunk,letters,tires/wheels,door panels,seats,brakes, ect...
4. It is a SHELBY CSM 2937 the real deal like all the other real Shelby's, Dodges, Fords, MG's, S1's,Tigers, and Cobras It drinks the koolaid and walks the walk. We never built a LL SGT
Clones done right are Okay But a factory 5 is not a cobra a m109 is not a v-rod, a hyundai is not a jag or bentley.so on and so on and .....when someone posts a topic like this people will give their opinions.I posted mine... He has a nice car but it is not a Shelby...
Posted Image
Gen 2 Whipple HO

#80 OFFLINE   kryptonite

kryptonite

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 13-August 08

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

When I started this thread 1 1/2 years ago, I knew what I was in for. As Craig and many others have said who have met me, I tell everyone that I built this car and it is not a real Shelby. I have done a ton of car shows and cruises, as well as daily driving my car (I have almost 110k miles) and I get comments and they are pretty much all positive, at least to my face. The one surprising thing I have run into is the number of SGT owners who have either sent me a PM or email asking me what it cost me to do my car, because they are considering it themselves. I even sent in a poster print of my car from the 45th Anniversary for the MAN himself to sign, though I didn't get any kind of comment about my car. Bill, as well as everyone on TS, has the right to their own opinion. I enjoy talking to people, whether on here, or on the Legend Lime Registry or in person. If you think I am a poser for doing what I did, that is your opinion and right to say that. Like I said, I knew what I was in for when I started this thread.

Edited by kryptonite, 22 September 2010 - 06:56 PM.

Russ

Posted Image

#81 OFFLINE   07-2937

07-2937

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

I respect that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a better man than me! thanks
Posted Image
Gen 2 Whipple HO

#82 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 4,588 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

Nice car. Enjoy it!
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 – May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#83 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 752 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
  • Interests:Cars, Travelling, Photography, Cycling, Boating, Walking
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

What a nicely done car...I hated Legend Lime when I first saw it but it grew on me over time.

Please ignore all the insecure people who are hating on your car because of a decal......these are the same people who hate on the CS cars because, heaven forbid, they weren't put together at Shelby. Real car enthusiasts will appreciate your car for what it is and anyone who doesn't respect the work you put into it and your honesty in being upfront about it's authenticity aren't worth your time.

Enjoy your ride, it's very nice indeed.
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#84 OFFLINE   raycl

raycl

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

I guess PUKE GREEN was a mistake back then too........... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

This is one of the best looking Shelby's EVER, IMHO.

Agreed. I would love to paint my 09' 500 that color, like the one in the other post.
09' White black stripe. GT500

#85 OFFLINE   americaniron

americaniron

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

I think it's a good looking car. Good job!!!

1aa945bb-733a-47fa-95fb-588e1d62eb38.jpg

#86 OFFLINE   Poisnus

Poisnus

Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

• Great Lakes Region
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 01-April 10
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Very nice looking car. Badges or decals do not bother me at all. It is your car and feel free to do what ever you like with it.
2009 Shelby GT500 Convertible, #229 of 555, #97 of 222 in Ebony

SCT tuned by Lund, Whipple 2.9, FRP Cold Air Intake, CJ 123mm MAF, LM 72 TB, Innovators 10%, 3.73 gears, Shelby billet shifter, AFCO Heat Excahnger with 10" dual fans, Samco silicone hoses,170 degree thermostat, Catted Dynatech long tube headers, Borla stainless exhaust with MAC mufflers, Aluminum driveshaft, Steeda lowering springs, black 20" Alcoa's
709 hp at the wheels

#87 OFFLINE   csm198

csm198

CSM198

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:shelby gt's

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

Your car is fantastic!!

All the people out there that are having a cow need to take a pill. :talkhand:
Its not illegal to make a replica , clone or tribute car. Its being done everyday to shelby cars of all kinds, from the cobra to the mustangs.

Leave the guy alone. :beerchug:

I love the color too.

Edited by csm198, 27 November 2010 - 04:23 PM.

/Users/Jonathan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Dec 11, 2010_25/mmfp_0906_03_z+cobra_jet_mustang+front_view.jpg
MY MODS
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
SGT # 198
1st Supercharged SGT from SAI (Paxton - S/C # 14)
GT/SC Delete on side stripe
3:73 gear ratio
CS grill assembly
Shelby Plus Pro Brake System
Shelby 4 wheel brake ducts
Shelby gauge cluster
Shelby stut bar
Sequential tail lights
Quarter window aluminum covers billet hood pins
Engine billet caps
Razors (gun metal)
Various interior pieces upgraded
Billet fuel door
CS/SC trunk lock emblem

Former Cars

1956 T-Bird (Coral)
1965 Mustang Notchback 6 cyl.
1965 Daytona Coupe F5 (Guardsman Blue)
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ w/ ram air (Indian Fire)
1967 Shelby GT500 (Dark Moss Green)

http://s229.photobuc...Coupe Factory5/ Visit My Website

#88 OFFLINE   csm198

csm198

CSM198

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:shelby gt's

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

Agreed. I would love to paint my 09' 500 that color, like the one in the other post.

That is a sweet car man!!! :bowdown:
/Users/Jonathan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Dec 11, 2010_25/mmfp_0906_03_z+cobra_jet_mustang+front_view.jpg
MY MODS
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
SGT # 198
1st Supercharged SGT from SAI (Paxton - S/C # 14)
GT/SC Delete on side stripe
3:73 gear ratio
CS grill assembly
Shelby Plus Pro Brake System
Shelby 4 wheel brake ducts
Shelby gauge cluster
Shelby stut bar
Sequential tail lights
Quarter window aluminum covers billet hood pins
Engine billet caps
Razors (gun metal)
Various interior pieces upgraded
Billet fuel door
CS/SC trunk lock emblem

Former Cars

1956 T-Bird (Coral)
1965 Mustang Notchback 6 cyl.
1965 Daytona Coupe F5 (Guardsman Blue)
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ w/ ram air (Indian Fire)
1967 Shelby GT500 (Dark Moss Green)

http://s229.photobuc...Coupe Factory5/ Visit My Website

#89 OFFLINE   Professor

Professor

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 07-February 11

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Very nice tribute car. I echo what others have said. I have a Windveil Blue GT that I have considered doing the same thing. I could care less that Shelby didn't make one like it. It's a "What if?" As long as you aren't trying to pass it off as the real deal (which you aren't) and aren't trying to misrepresent the car as anything other than what it is ... I see no harm. Indeed, I think it's a great looking car. If Carroll were so protective of people doing this, he wouldn't sell the parts to people without making them verify that they own the real deal. After all, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that there aren't that many 07-08 authentic GT's in need of parts and yet you can find nearly every part to duplicate the car.

#90 OFFLINE   socalwrench

socalwrench

The Fixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Joined 11-April 09

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Wow. Almost 2 years and people are still getting upset about this. Well.... as a guy that wants a Shelby, but 'settled' on a Mustang GT; I say nice job. One of my biggest complaints about the SGT was the lack of color options.
TS Member
TRT Member

Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users