#1 OFFLINE   shelbycsx

shelbycsx

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

When I get back from Iraq, I plan to continue restoring my 89 CSX-VNT. I plan to order a replacement front airdam since the existing one is destroyed. Is this one the right one? It is the only one I am aware of but wanted to bounce it off you guys first.

http://www.kaminari....ir-dam-frp-1992

Is it identical to the stocker?

Thanks,

Jake Bauer
Wisconsin
89 Shelby CSX-VNT #68

#2 OFFLINE   agvs24

agvs24

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 28-January 08

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

When I get back from Iraq, I plan to continue restoring my 89 CSX-VNT. I plan to order a replacement front airdam since the existing one is destroyed. Is this one the right one? It is the only one I am aware of but wanted to bounce it off you guys first.

http://www.kaminari....ir-dam-frp-1992

Thanks,

Jake Bauer
Wisconsin
89 Shelby CSX-VNT #68

Looks like it to me but not sure why they only specify it for 1992-1993 unless the mounting is different?

You may also want to check this out if you need a rear skirt too: http://www.turbo-mop...ead.php?t=33751
Chris H.
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #91
2004 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo FFV (E0/E85)

Posted Image

#3 ONLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,867 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

Pretty darn close. With it being made of fiberglass the edges are different but the overall design is correct.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   shelbycsx

shelbycsx

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

Thanks Guys! I will be ordering one up. Now if I could only find someone who was trying to get rid of a single Fiberride rim. Mine came with 3 of the 4 when I bought it (curb got one I guess). But that belongs in a different thread . . .

#5 ONLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,867 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

Thanks Guys! I will be ordering one up. Now if I could only find someone who was trying to get rid of a single Fiberride rim. Mine came with 3 of the 4 when I bought it (curb got one I guess). But that belongs in a different thread . . .

Try giving Cindy a call at FWD-Perfromance in Texas. She had some Fiberides for sale recently although they may need repair.

http://fwdperformance.com/

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   stormy69

stormy69

CSX VNT #386

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-January 10

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Nice, you need to update the registry :) safe journeys on your deployment.

i have #386 and was looking at the kaminari as well since mine is also gone.
James
USAF!

#7 OFFLINE   greaser

greaser

i am the knight rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Joined 24-January 08
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

i have one of the pb rears for my 89 it is a top quality piece much better than youre usual fiberglass piece. i will also be ordering one of the kaminari fronts let me know if its a good one.
thanks
Posted Image
2007 SGT #4493 (performance white gt premium, light graphite leather, shaker 500, auto trany, IUP, active anti theft, wheel locks, and heated seats.)---mods--- bamachips tune(WOW), steeda underdrive pullies, ported and polished TB, anderson power pipe, berg cap, 20 inch anthracite rims, sequential tails, and quarter window block off plates, HID headlights, shorty antenna, A arm brace, riveted hood pin plates.
1989 CSX-VNT #267 (recaros)---mods--- none

"Buying, modifying, and driving sports cars is an expensive hobby. If you want good resale, buy a low mileage used Honda Accord." Chip Beck

pm me with your amsoil and mothers needs

#8 OFFLINE   CSX-VNT #414

CSX-VNT #414

a.k.a. "DC Turismo"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 18-November 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:89 CSX's, my Turismo, Steelers, Outdoors

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Saw this thread so I thought I'd throw in my $0.02 ...

The new Kaminari front airdam is similar but not identical to the factory piece. On the original piece, the airdam stretched into the center lower part of the bumper cover and V looking cutouts went beside each vertical piece in the front bumper cover. The new Kaminari one does not have the V cutouts and instead is molded as a straight line in front of these vertical pieces. I wish I had pictures to compare but I've seen these in person, having owned one of each.

P.S. the Kaminari one has no mounting tabs whastoever. It's as if they expect you to use 3M tape or fiberglass in your own bolts to match the placements of the factory holes in the bumper cover if you're trying to replace a broken original one.

Hope this helps, and would like to add that Steve's GFX package he is selling is a terrific buy, considering that both the front and rear air dams appear to be the original pieces. If I wasn't getting married this summer I'd pony up the money and have them as spares!
Post made by Billy Lofink

| 1985 PLYMOUTH TURISMO | 1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT #144 | 1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT #212 | 1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT #414 | 2004 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GT | 1999 Dodge Neon R/T |

PROUD Member of the National Shelby Dodge Automobile Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users