Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:None
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:55 AM

Missing the PBF fender badges - wonder why?

Interesting. Discussed further with owner. The Shelby window sticker shows them as usual. History report is clean and car looks untouched. The current owner who is also the original owner claims he never saw them or knew it should have them. Pics of when he purchased the car new off the showroom floor don't show them. Either it left SAI without them or they were stolen in transit to the dealer. Or maybe it's one of the rare PBF fender badge delete cars we've heard about but have actually never seen, until now ! It's a Mystery that may never be solved !

Edited by cmcmotorworks, 27 April 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#362 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 12,851 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:07 AM

Interesting. discussed further with owner. The Shelby window sticker shows them as usual. History report is clean and car looks untouched. The current owner who is also the original owner claims he never saw them or knew it should have them. Pics of when he purchased the car new off the showroom floor don't show them. Either it left SAI without them or they were stolen in transit to the dealer. Or maybe it's one of the rare PBF fender badge delete cars we've heard about but actually never seen, until now ! It's a Mystery that may never be solved !

Well heck, I didn't even notice they weren't on there!

2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"Performance White, LIVE REAR AXLE Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

sD5A8QJ.jpg

#363 OFFLINE   cmcmotorworks

cmcmotorworks

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:31 PM

Steve Thornton did verify today that the PBF badges did get on the car before it left SAI. Most likely removed (stolen) at the dealership by someone who thought they were cool. No big deal. I can get replacements through Shelby Parts with proof of ownership.

#364 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

R.I.P. My Little Buddy Cozmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 22,575 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Some, yes...

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Congrats cmc!!

A little 20# fishing line and 20 seconds per side and they're GONE!!

:doh:

28733542851_0b475b306b_z_d.jpg

#365 OFFLINE   cmcmotorworks

cmcmotorworks

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

Congrats cmc!!

A little 20# fishing line and 20 seconds per side and they're GONE!!

:doh:

Yup ! Spoke at length with the owner today. A very nice older gentleman. He never knew the badges were supposed to be there. I could tell he was getting a little emotional when the reality set in that the car was sold.

#366 OFFLINE   Redlinetoys

Redlinetoys

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts
  • Joined 07-April 09
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

A couple of shots

Attached Files

Bob
Redlinetoys

#367 OFFLINE   cmcmotorworks

cmcmotorworks

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:20 PM

The legendary "PBF Emblem Delete" car is finally home. 250 miles. Absolutely perfect in every way. Not a ding or scratch. Don't pay any attention to that 1958 Superleggera Pegaso Z103 in the background. It's no big deal.

Attached Files

#368 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Former Shelby American Vice President. I love my wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

The legendary "PBF Emblem Delete" car is finally home. 250 miles. Absolutely perfect in every way. Not a ding or scratch. Don't pay any attention to that 1958 Superleggera Pegaso Z103 in the background. It's no big deal.

Enjoy.

Jer

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, factory painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Mid Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates and door sill plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Shelby/Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes front and rear, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, Corsa Sport exhaust, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby angled gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby white shifter ball, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Shelby race-fabricated aluminum engine and supercharger coolant and power steering fluid tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, Shelby "CS" Oil Separator, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011, 2012, and 2015 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014.

#369 OFFLINE   cmcmotorworks

cmcmotorworks

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

Enjoy.

Jer

Thanks. My daughter will especially. I did tell her, "No putting a hitch on it and pulling your horses with it" !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users