#1 OFFLINE   dwtn

dwtn

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-April 10

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

I have an 89 CSX VNT for sale. It has been in a garage but not really used. It has low original miles, approx. 35K. It does have the Recaro seats and the wide tires. It is no. 281. Both the front & rear dams need some work but the paint is in good shape.

I am not sure what this car is worth. If someone could please help me with that and where the best place to sell it, I'd appreciate it. I do have pictures if needed.

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

I have an 89 CSX VNT for sale. It has been in a garage but not really used. It has low original miles, approx. 35K. It does have the Recaro seats and the wide tires. It is no. 281. Both the front & rear dams need some work but the paint is in good shape.

I am not sure what this car is worth. If someone could please help me with that and where the best place to sell it, I'd appreciate it. I do have pictures if needed.

Thanks.

dwtn, Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums. Glad you found us.

Most Shelby Dodge cars sell on average between $500 to $5,000 depending on the conditon and if any of the unique Shelby parts are missing/broken.

You have a few things going for yourself that should bring an above average selling price. Those things are the low mileage and that your car is one of the two optioned equipped CSX cars. You also are in luck that the 1989 CSX seems to be the second most desirable Whittier built car after the 1986 GLHS.

Now with that said it would be hard to say how much more above $5,000 your car is worth without seeing it in person or at minimum viewing some pics.

Things like the Recaro seats showing wear, missing fiberide wheels, interior cut up for aftermarket stereo, modified engine, missing dash plaques, clearcoat fade, etc. will all play a role in determining the cars ballpark value. Basically the further the car goes away from factory stock the lower the price starts heading.

The next step is to post some pics or send me the pics and I'll post them. From there we can figure out a price range for your car and then where to advertise it for the most exposure.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   greaser

greaser

i am the knight rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Joined 24-January 08
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:53 AM

yes pics please i am always looking for another one.
Posted Image
2007 SGT #4493 (performance white gt premium, light graphite leather, shaker 500, auto trany, IUP, active anti theft, wheel locks, and heated seats.)---mods--- bamachips tune(WOW), steeda underdrive pullies, ported and polished TB, anderson power pipe, berg cap, 20 inch anthracite rims, sequential tails, and quarter window block off plates, HID headlights, shorty antenna, A arm brace, riveted hood pin plates.
1989 CSX-VNT #267 (recaros)---mods--- none

"Buying, modifying, and driving sports cars is an expensive hobby. If you want good resale, buy a low mileage used Honda Accord." Chip Beck

pm me with your amsoil and mothers needs

#4 OFFLINE   Cinder_gal

Cinder_gal

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 19-August 09

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Thanks.

Please post some pictures

2005 Magnum
1995 Dakota 4x4
1989 Shelby Dakota
1988 Daytona Pacifica
1969 Mustang convertible (under restoration)
1969 Mustang Grande (under restoration)

#5 OFFLINE   SwinginACR

SwinginACR

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-October 10

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

yes pics please i am always looking for another one.

You lookin to buy another CSX? Id sell mine, its rare and I cant modify it because of that. But its been my daily so thats even worse than modifying it to me.
1989 Dodge Shelby CSX VNT #477
A couple of Neon's and a Dart Swinger

#6 OFFLINE   ShelbyDodgeFan

ShelbyDodgeFan

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

Please post some pictures

I think this is DWTN's '89 CSX posted on Craigslist:

http://nashville.cra...2006974340.html

It looks to be in good shape, although it appears that the front air dam is missing.

#7 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

I think this is DWTN's '89 CSX posted on Craigslist:

http://nashville.cra...2006974340.html

It looks to be in good shape, although it appears that the front air dam is missing.

Well if it is he's misleading buyers. 1989 Shelby CSX #281 is NOT a factory wide tire car. #281 is a Recaro car which makes it one of 215 with Recaro's.

Looks to be a decent car but $10k is going to be tough especially if the front air dam is missing.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   agvs24

agvs24

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 28-January 08

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:37 AM

Well if it is he's misleading buyers. 1989 Shelby CSX #281 is NOT a factory wide tire car. #281 is a Recaro car which makes it one of 215 with Recaro's.

Looks to be a decent car but $10k is going to be tough especially if the front air dam is missing.

Steve

Not to hijack the thread but Steve can you tell me if my CSX #91 came with the factory wide tires? Its a Recaro car and when i bought it, it had 225s on the fiberides but not sure if that was original.

Thanks!
Chris
Chris H.
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #91
2004 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo FFV (E0/E85)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users