1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Southern Plains Bunny Herder

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,939 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Everything with a snake or a bunny!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Ford has gratiously loaned their 1967 Ford GT Mk IV to the Permian Basin Patroleum Museum in Midland, TX (Also known as the Chaparral Museum) and will be on display through the end of the summer. If you have an opportunity to drive to Mid-America through Midland, or on the way back, I highly recommend stopping by and seeing this significant and legendary car that made racing history racing some of the most brutal endurance races of the era. This is also the model that Mario Andretti wrecked, and due to the specific changes made to the MK IV, (borrowing some significant improvements from J series chassis) Andretti was able to survive the accident. Can you imagine if we had lost him at that point in his career?

I am including the museum flyer for the car with this post:

Attached Files

2008 GT500 Convertible Red Stripe Appearance Package#14 of 131 **SOLD**
2011 GT350 45th Anniversary First GT350 R Tune built and delivered!!! **SOLD**
2014 GT500 Coupe Deep Impact Blue Red Stripes Loaded except Glass roof. 1 of 28 coupes.
2008 Shelby Terlingua Coupe Black with Yellow. 1 of 40-ish. CSCF Raffle car! I won it 3 years late!

TEAM SHELBY SOUTHERN PLAINS REGIONAL DIRECTOR
For Information on regional events and clubs in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas, watch the forums!
Other Fords:
2011 SVT Raptor SCrew, Molten Orange
2013 Taurus SHO
2013 Explorer Sport

#2 OFFLINE   moabman

moabman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Joined 10-May 06

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hmmmm..... Looks familiar somehow :hysterical: (Look to your left)

Congratulations again to A.J. and Dan!

Thanks for the heads up Dubs!

Edited by moabman, 28 May 2010 - 09:42 AM.

Mark
2007 GT premium covertible, alloy clearcoat, interior upgrade, premium trim, black/chamois, charcoal panel, side airbags, active anti-theft, shaker 500, autotranny
status: ordered 10/06, serialized 11/16, segment 12/4, locked 11/27, bucked 12/4, released from plant 12/8, shipped week of 12/28 ETA week of 1/7, picked up 1/9
mods: 18" Shelby Cobra GT500 rims and Michelin Pilot Sport 255/45/ZR18, Webelectrics sequential tailights, Steeda upper control arm, FRPP 5230-5GT axleback mufflers, FRPP drag pack w/ 3.73 gears, shorty headers, and CAI. FRPP handling pack with dual rate springs, front and rear swaybars with new urethane bushings and links, tuned Multimatic dampers. GT500 rear spoiler and CS front fascia. Saleen Speedlab Series VI supercharger - 475 hp version with JDM tune.
next mods - brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users