Questions by dummies: post any question here!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#271 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,766 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

Ive got a Gen 1, and love it.  I thought about upgrading, but I don't have any issues with the Gen 1.  SOLID is the word that describes this shifter.  The stock one caused me so many problems: 1) engaging 1st at a stop and 2) revving 1st out to redline, and not getting 2nd sometimes.  No issues now.  Oh and ADD THE AMSOIL ATF!!  Fixes all cold shifting notchiness.

I went with Royal Purple myself.  But not until just recently.

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.
Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#272 OFFLINE   drshotty

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 26-February 15
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Mustangs, going fast, petroleum major.
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Just was given a triple gauge pod from a local winning at a car show. What company gauges do y'all have a preference for? and do y'all prefer mechanical or electrical gauges? 

Hi there!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Drives in my Mustang(s), learning to drive my GT500 to it's fullest potential, warm weather, good friends and laughter
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

2nd gear issue; 2012 GT500. 

I have read as many threads as I am able to find here and curious if anyone else has / had something similar to me.

1st noticed when I drove to Carlisle PA to the Ford Nationals.  After a long drive - couple hours on the hwy, I was not able to get into 2nd gear downshifting from 3rd in traffic.  Was like it was not there; no where to go to. 

It is a scary thing when downshifting in traffic and can't get to 2nd. 

Eventually 2nd is found (after sitting at a dead stop for a few minutes) but it was mushy (for lack of a better description) and I could slush into 2nd gear from a dead stop.  After the car cooled off when I got to the hotel all was fine. (had to do a beer run)

Happened again this past weekend when I went for a couple hour drive and once again found traffic and was unable to get into 2nd gear.  Had to use brakes from 3rd. Can get to 2nd from 1st when starting from a dead stop and is slushy (definitely the shift to 2nd does not feel 'normal').

Once again after stop and go traffic for a few miles was able to use the slushy 2nd gate. 

I really don't get it, and this only happens after a long drive and (IMO & best guess) there is significant heat from all the moving internals for the extended period.

Not 100% sure this will be fixed with a replacement shifter and curious if this occurrence is mine alone.

If you had similar, please reply and what did you do to fix.

Not sure if I should try calling FoMoCo direct to ask, as I am pretty confident the dealer will not find or duplicate. I will not leave my car for LONG drive to see if they can duplicate.

Thank you.

2012 Shelby GT500 perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust, Blue Airaid Synthamax Air Filter, BIRTHDATE 05/23/2011

2003 Mach1 DSG (1of1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003

#274 OFFLINE   08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,128 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:46 AM

SHELBY EH I understand you not wanting to leave it at the dealership. If the car is out of warranty I would start with draining the gearbox and refilling with either Amsoil or Royal Purple. With what your describing it doesn't seem like the shifter is the issue or it would most likely do it all the time. It's also possible that it's clutch related. GL

Edited by 08KR525, 15 July 2015 - 03:47 AM.

" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users