Photo

Questions by dummies: post any question here!

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#301 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 7,623 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

I would suspect that if Gary knew someone giving tours is saying that they would, well, er, no longer be giving tours.

+1 Tony, I hung out with Gary at Ponies In The Poconos event. He said my '07 GT500 was a sharp looking Shelby and even autographed it.

Edit: He and John K. (N.E. Director) also gave it the Top 20 Best Of Show award.

Edited by Secondo, 09 January 2017 - 09:03 AM.

2014 Mustang GT Track Pack, driven and raced

TNiA_Palmer_20160818%20Cropped%20640x384

#302 ONLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

+1 Tony, I hung out with Gary at Ponies In The Poconos event. He said my '07 GT500 was a sharp looking Shelby and even autographed it.

Edit: He and John K. (N.E. Director) also gave it the Top 20 Best Of Show award.

There have been other instances of tour guides giving misleading information, and their scripts have been corrected.  However, once it's out, it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle.  Especially if the misinformation supports something someone wants to believe. 

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#303 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,623 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

There have been other instances of tour guides giving misleading information, and their scripts have been corrected.  However, once it's out, it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle.  Especially if the misinformation supports something someone wants to believe. 

+1 what they want to believe. If they want to believe the '07 - '14 GT500's aren't Shelby's then the late '67s through '70 cars aren't either.

Edit: Or the current '16-up GT350's either, and they are featured in this year's Shelby annual magazine!

Edited by Secondo, 09 January 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#304 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby Administrator

• 608 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

So you were there, when I filmed SA's, direct reply to this exact question, during the shop tour Q+A session, one year ago?  You should've introduced yourselves...  Since you three, seem to know so much, perhaps, either of you, should be conducting the shop tour, at Shelby American, and be the one answering questions, on the record, instead of spinning your tires here, in this forum :lol:

They CLEARLY said the 2007-1014's are NOT Shelby's, and SA had NO input in the design.  Do you want to view the video I made?  2007+ GT500's are great SVT cars, but are NOT Shelbys.  Sorry to tell you.

The King of the Road versions, are true Shelby's.

Well I certainly would like to see the video so that if errors are being made they can be corrected. My email is stevent@shelby.com 

If you would email me just the portion of the video where I can hear the question along with the reply that would be great. If you're not able to crop or email the video you could upload it to YouTube and email the link.

Thanks

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@Shelby.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#305 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Driving my Shelby

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

First of all, no CSM number on the GT500 chassis.  Secondly, not touched by any Shelby technician, nor having been inside Shelby American, also disqualifies these cars as "real" Shelbys. 

As far as "a quick YouTube search", a small promo tour/photo op in front of a camera, does not mean anything other than face value.  How many revisions, or engineering concerns could be addressed in a "two week visit"?

Thirdly, this person giving the tour was NOT a salesman, but a higher up person, Shop Manager???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAI Steven, 

I will send you a transcript of the video.  Some are hinting this person could lose their job, or be reprimanded, and I'm not going to be the source of that.  A transcript is more appropriate here. 

What is SAI's opinion on the matter?  Surely there is some enormous distinction between a Shelby badged SVT car, versus a CSM badged car, that was actually touched by SAI.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 09 January 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#306 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,623 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

Wow. We've been on here for over 10 years and this has been discussed and settled for years now until another newbie like you comes along and thinks he knows better than Carroll himself. Unreal.

#307 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

Wow. We've been on here for over 10 years and this has been discussed and settled for years now until another newbie like you comes along and thinks he knows better than Carroll himself. Unreal.

Not a "real" Shelby, for the reasons I gave above.  Sorry to burst your 10 year bubble.

#308 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Hmmm... glad to know after all these years I don't really own a Shelby. We only get a "real" Shelby if we pay another 35-40k for a special number huh? So what Carroll did with Ford doesn't matter one bit then.

So shelbygt5hun, what kind of "shelby" do you have?

2010 GT500 Kona Blue, Mods include: Fully built engine with 4.0 Whipple, Comp Shelby 1000 cams, suspension system,Shelby Extreme brakes,Shelby Alcoas, built by Shelby American Motorsports, HBR competition engines, and Unleashed Performance Labs. Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

#309 ONLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Doesn't this guy sound like a familiar troll? I'm betting he's been here and banned before. If you ignore him he will go away.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 09 January 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#310 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

Hmmm... glad to know after all these years I don't really own a Shelby. We only get a "real" Shelby if we pay another 35-40k for a special number huh? So what Carroll did with Ford doesn't matter one bit then.

So shelbygt5hun, what kind of "shelby" do you have?

I don't kid myself, nor have an over-inflated, ego or post count.   Maybe you should ask me what a "real" Shelby is, instead (hint: it's the inverse of the following paragraph)?

I own a SVT Mustang, built, designed, tested, and sold, by Ford Motor Cars, that was licensed by Ford, from Shelby Licensing, and badged as a GT500.  It was never touched, or specifically built by SAI.  It had almost NO input, unless you call a ceremonial test drive input, from Carroll beyond, "Just give the working man a 600hp engine, and keep it under $50,000."

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 09 January 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#311 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

I don't kid myself, nor have an over-inflated, ego or post count.   Maybe you should ask me what a "real" Shelby is, instead (hint: it's the inverse of the following paragraph)?

I own a SVT Mustang, built, designed, tested, and sold, by Ford Motor Cars, that was licensed by Ford, from Shelby Licensing, and badged as a GT500.  It was never touched, or specifically built by SAI.  It had almost NO input, unless you call a ceremonial test drive input, from Carroll beyond, "Just give the working man a 600hp engine, and keep it under $50,000."

Wow ok. Not gonna argue about such a ridiculous topic that has been debated over and over.

Edited by 05mustangman, 10 January 2017 - 02:59 AM.

2010 GT500 Kona Blue, Mods include: Fully built engine with 4.0 Whipple, Comp Shelby 1000 cams, suspension system,Shelby Extreme brakes,Shelby Alcoas, built by Shelby American Motorsports, HBR competition engines, and Unleashed Performance Labs. Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

#312 OFFLINE   06H275

06H275

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 986 posts
  • Joined 25-March 08
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Fast cars and fine wines. And of course my Family!
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Ridiculous!  :chairshot:

45606bf4-56ce-4c95-883d-2b4b82917087_zps

2006 Shelby GT-H 40th Anniversary Hertz #275
2012 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 50th Anniversary #23

#313 ONLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

Ridiculous!  :chairshot:

Yeah, maybe he will kick himself out of here!

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#314 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

aka... DICK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,280 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09
  • Interests:my grandchildren!

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

:lastyear:     and the year before that..... and the year before that.... as the Talking Heads would say... "Same as it ever was"

WGC_1734_zpsff2361cb.jpg
Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race!

2007 SGT CSM07SGT1316 Purchased 5/12/07 Black, 5 speed
Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
1st GT/SC conversion by Tasca since Shelby released the Model!!!
550 Whipple, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Gauge Pod,
McLoed twin disc clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, Shelby billet license frame,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.
No, I have not dynoed it.

#315 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, maybe he will kick himself out of here!

At least I currently, own a Shelby.  All you have, is a Ford :lol: :doh:

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 17 January 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#316 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

At least I currently, own a Shelby.  All you have, is a Ford :lol: :doh:

:redcard:

Please enlighten us as to what Shelby you own.  In your previous post you said you had an SVT Mustang badged as a GT500.  So do you own another Shelby or what?  If so, why all the hate on the Ford built Shelby GT500's?  All Mustangs roll off the same assembly line...

#317 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,623 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:06 AM

My '07 was built from the ground-up at the factory to be a Shelby by SVT and Carroll himself. Says so in my VIN! :yahoo:

:happy feet:

#318 OFFLINE   SHLBY EH

SHLBY EH

GT500ing it all the way!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Enjoying my GT500
    One day getting me a 1968 Fastback Mustang - Dream is an R-code manual.
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

Someone doesn't think my 2012 Shelby GT500 is a true Shelby, okay.  Can't please all the people all the time.  I love my "Shelby GT500" proud to have one and to those that don't like it or appreciate the heritage...   Okay, I won't worry about you trying to take it & can live with that.

Edited by SHLBY EH, 18 January 2017 - 06:36 AM.

2012 Shelby GT500 perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust, Blue Airaid Synthamax Air Filter, BIRTHDATE 05/23/2011

2003 Mach1 DSG (1of1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003
SHLBY-EH-TS-rs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users