Photo

Questions by dummies: post any question here!

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#331 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

Aren't you just a little ray  of sunshine?

He's a troll.  Just here to stir up sh**.  Fortunately this is a topic that has little continuity so the disruption will be short lived. 

Edited by twobjshelbys, 18 July 2017 - 07:53 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#332 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Driving my Shelby

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

He's a troll.  Just here to stir up sh**.  Fortunately this is a topic that has little continuity so the disruption will be short lived. 

At least I own a Shelby, you just own a Ford :hysterical: Why did you dump that nice CSX for a Ford :doh:

A good way to spot a troll, is they usually have responses shorter than their signature file, and unusually high post counts, due to their multitudes of three sentence (non contributory) retorts...  :headscratch:

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 18 July 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#333 OFFLINE   Sargntmoon

Sargntmoon

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Cars, wood working, motorcycles and cooking

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

At least I own a Shelby, you just own a Ford :hysterical: Why did you dump that nice CSX for a Ford :doh:

A good way to spot a troll, is they usually have responses shorter than their signature file, and unusually high post counts, due to their multitudes of three sentence (non contributory) retorts...  :headscratch:

OK, so you're just an ass. Is that better?

]
IMG 1192 2

Optimism: is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat................

and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."

~Jay Leno

#334 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 8,077 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

:hysterical2:

"Shelby"GT5Hun lol

:hysterical2:
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
2007 Shelby GT500
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang
1972 Mustang Sportsroof 351C

#335 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 20 July 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#336 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

SAI Steve, what's the "official" statement from SAI on this subject? 

I'm not releasing the video, as it's very clear that SAI's official position, two years ago was, CS had nothing, but his name to offer Ford in developing the S197 GT500.  A two week paid vacation, to yuk it up in front of the cameras, in Detroit, doesn't count as development time.  You can't "develop" a car in 2 weeks.  There are some very sore members here, thinking they "own a Shelby", when in fact, they don't.  CSX number, or go home, that's a Shelby.  A Ford with Shelby scripting, is a LICENSED car, no way comparable to a real Shelby. 

Thanks Steve

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 19 July 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#337 OFFLINE   Sargntmoon

Sargntmoon

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-July 16
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Cars, wood working, motorcycles and cooking

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:09 AM

Ouch! That hurt my feelings.  :worship:

]
IMG 1192 2

Optimism: is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat................

and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."

~Jay Leno

#338 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 8,077 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

Wow that guy is delusional. Thinks he knows better than Carroll Shelby and Rick Kopec. Even SAI has GT500 owners register their cars in the Shelby registry.

If Carroll were here, I'd like to see you tell him to his face what you write here.

I see a Prius in your future. Hand over your keys to real Shelby enthusiasts here.
2007 Shelby GT500
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang

#339 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Track days, Road course racing, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

:finger:

You have one of the best sig pics I've ever seen.  What a stable!

Figured I would add something positive back to this thread.  :)

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500: 524.8 HP/549.9 Ft. Lb. Torque at the wheels on SuperFlow AutoDyn 880E AWD Chassis Dyno - https://www.youtube....h?v=f6lOjDH9eP0 True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear - Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes - Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit - Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Shelby Oil Separator - Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers - Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan - Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger - Shelby Performance Twin Disc Clutch - PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft - Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank - Flowmaster Exhaust - Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars - Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster - Shelby Sway Bar End Links -  Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A-Arms, A Arm Support Brace - Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link - Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms - Ford Racing Springs - Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob - Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set - Shelby Hood Lift Kit - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers - Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels, Radiator Cover

#340 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 19,975 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I'm not releasing the video, as it's very clear that SAI's official position, two years ago was, CS had nothing, but his name to offer Ford in developing the S197 GT500.  A two week paid vacation, to yuk it up in front of the cameras, in Detroit, doesn't count as development time.  You can't "develop" a car in 2 weeks.  There are some very sore members here, thinking they "own a Shelby", when in fact, they don't.  CSX number, or go home, that's a Shelby.  A Ford with Shelby scripting, is a LICENSED car, no way comparable to a real Shelby. 

Thanks Steve

Not sure where you get your info from or maybe you just make it up ( two week vacation yuking it up in front of cameras, in Detroit) definately wasn`t the case according to what Carroll told me.

Question are you a SAAC member?

#341 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

Thanks Steve

A better way to spot a troll is to find someone who repeats an indefensible position after the battle has been lost.  The sign of insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.  

Do let us know how it all works out though.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 20 July 2017 - 05:22 AM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#342 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

aka... DICK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09
  • Interests:my grandchildren!

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

I would like to say this thread is a good read, but...... I would rather read the documentation that came with my old set of Lincoln Logs.....

Edited by Doug_GT350, 20 July 2017 - 06:36 AM.

Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race!

2007 SGT CSM07SGT1316 Purchased 5/12/07 Black, 5 speed
Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
1st GT/SC conversion by Tasca since Shelby released the Model!!!
550 Whipple, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Gauge Pod,
McLoed twin disc clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, Shelby billet license frame,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.
No, I have not dynoed it.

#343 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Track days, Road course racing, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

I would like to say this thread is a good read, but...... I would rather read the documentation that came with my old set of Lincoln Logs.....

I printed this thread on some old toilet paper and made it useful.

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500: 524.8 HP/549.9 Ft. Lb. Torque at the wheels on SuperFlow AutoDyn 880E AWD Chassis Dyno - https://www.youtube....h?v=f6lOjDH9eP0 True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear - Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes - Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit - Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Shelby Oil Separator - Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers - Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan - Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger - Shelby Performance Twin Disc Clutch - PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft - Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank - Flowmaster Exhaust - Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars - Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster - Shelby Sway Bar End Links -  Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A-Arms, A Arm Support Brace - Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link - Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms - Ford Racing Springs - Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob - Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set - Shelby Hood Lift Kit - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers - Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels, Radiator Cover

#344 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

aka... DICK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

I printed this thread on some old toilet paper and made it useful.

the only problem with that is that it's already full of what you're cleaning off...... :fan:

Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.

#345 OFFLINE   06H275

06H275

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,130 posts
  • Joined 25-March 08
  • Interests:Fast cars and fine wines. And of course my Family!
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

You have one of the best sig pics I've ever seen.  What a stable!

Figured I would add something positive back to this thread.  :)

Thanks!

No sure...but I think some of them are REAL Shelby's!

:hysterical:

Lyph3z.jpg

1966 Shelby GT 350-H #1283

2006 Shelby GT-H 40th Anniversary Hertz #275

2016 Shelby GT-H 50th Anniversary Hertz #151

2012 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 50th Anniversary #23

#346 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

Thanks Steve

You know, since you seem to have such a problem with Carroll Shelby and thinking he just took a two week vacation to have some fun, the question is, why are you here?  Why are you on Team Shelby since you clearly have set history straight and let everyone now that we have fake Shelbys.  Why do you feel the need to keep throwing in our face some our cars don't have CSM numbers?  Why don't you go hang out on the SVT site or other MUSTANG sites.  Why keep coming here?  We don't need your negativity here.  We are happy with the cars we have and not everybody cares if it has that super special csm number.  Why do you keep calling them CSX numbers?  Correct me if I'm but I thought the Mustangs and other vehicles were CSM numbers and the Cobras were CSX numbers?  Might not be a big but maybe to some it helps to have information correct...

2010 GT500 Kona Blue, Mods include: Fully built engine with 4.0 Whipple, Comp Shelby 1000 cams, suspension system,Shelby Extreme brakes,Shelby Alcoas, built by Shelby American Motorsports, HBR competition engines, and Unleashed Performance Labs. Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

#347 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

Anyways, dug this up, however, I already knew this:

http://www.themustan...-shelby-gt-500/

Quoted:

--------------

The 2007 Ford Shelby GT-500 is billed as the most powerful Mustang ever built by Ford motor Company. While it is a car that was fully developed by Ford’s SVT (Special Vehicle Team) group, the car was branded as a Shelby GT-500 late in the development process and came to market as such.

In the mass appeal that the car has due to the Carroll Shelby marketing connection, the reality is that he had little if anything to do with the development and building of the car itself. This is 180 degrees from the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang which his company built at the Shelby Automobiles plant in Las Vegas, NV – much like was done in the 1960’s. The 2007 Shelby Ford GT-500 rolls off the Ford assembly line in Flat Rock, MI.

--------------

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 21 July 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#348 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

We don't need your negativity here.  We are happy with the cars we have and not everybody cares if it has that super special csm number.  Why do you keep calling them CSX numbers?  Correct me if I'm but I thought the Mustangs and other vehicles were CSM numbers and the Cobras were CSX numbers?  Might not be a big but maybe to some it helps to have information correct...

You do have a point, allow me to clarify. 

There is a definite pecking order, when it comes to collectibles.  An AC/Cobra is the top of the list for many world-wide collectors.  Sorry Twobjs. even though you paid a ton of money for that continuation car, that's not true Shelby either.  Anything "Shelby-ized" after the fact, is just a money grabbing scheme, cashing in on nostalgia.  Good ole' CS would stamp his name on anything to make a buck.  Close, but it doesn't replace an original.  Shelby stopped building real AC/Cobras many many years ago.

Just like with Porschephiles, they believe no other Porsche is a "true" Porsche, unless it's an air cooled 911.  Of course the GT350s, GT500s, etc., from the muscle era, are true Shelbys.  Is the Dodge Omni GLH Shelby a real Shelby????  Not in my book.  However, to be clear, a S197 is not a true Shelby, by any other word, except as a "licensed" version. 

Great cars, just don't kid yourself about the heritage.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 20 July 2017 - 11:15 PM.

#349 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:03 AM

http://www.themustan...-shelby-gt-500/  (hey Sarge, you need to click on this to get it to work, it's called a link)

Quoted:

--------------

The 2007 Ford Shelby GT-500 is billed as the most powerful Mustang ever built by Ford motor Company. While it is a car that was fully developed by Ford’s SVT (Special Vehicle Team) group, the car was branded as a Shelby GT-500 late in the development process and came to market as such.

In the mass appeal that the car has due to the Carroll Shelby marketing connection, the reality is that he had little if anything to do with the development and building of the car itself. This is 180 degrees from the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang which his company built at the Shelby Automobiles plant in Las Vegas, NV – much like was done in the 1960’s. The 2007 Shelby Ford GT-500 rolls off the Ford assembly line in Flat Rock, MI.

--------------

I stand by SAI's employee who said the same thing.  Steve, care to comment?

What about Shelbys that are converted to Super Snakes or whatever at Shelby American's authorized shops?  Since those weren't converted at Shelby American itself, do they get the "REAL" Shelby honor?  I mean, since they weren't touched by Shelby American in Las Vegas, but a mod shop, do those qualify even though they do get a CSM?  

And I believe I read that Steve has commented on this topic before and stands by the fact all Shelbys that come branded as a Shelby, are Real Shelbys.

2010 GT500 Kona Blue, Mods include: Fully built engine with 4.0 Whipple, Comp Shelby 1000 cams, suspension system,Shelby Extreme brakes,Shelby Alcoas, built by Shelby American Motorsports, HBR competition engines, and Unleashed Performance Labs. Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

#350 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 17-March 14

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Oh yeah those SS for sure are real.... In fact, the S197 SS is the pinnacle of CS's input and the natural progression of the Mustang to the modern era.  These modern S197 Super Snakes are phenomenal, with the 2013-14 MY being the icing on the cake.  I will admit, I am slightly envious of Super Snake owners, of this iteration. 

For the "modern era" of muscle cars, my opinion changes.  Anything of this current period, with licensing from Shelby, is as real as you can get in this day and age, including continuation cars.  My point is, there was a "golden era" of the original Shelby's, these S197s from Detroit, are not in the same class as the the aforementioned, but still have inherent uniqueness, in this modern age, when converted to SAI's specs as a SS or similar.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN, 21 July 2017 - 01:00 AM.

#351 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 8,077 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:50 AM

http://www.themustan...-shelby-gt-500/

Quoted:
--------------

The 2007 Ford Shelby GT-500 is billed as the most powerful Mustang ever built by Ford motor Company. While it is a car that was fully developed by Fords SVT (Special Vehicle Team) group, the car was branded as a Shelby GT-500 late in the development process and came to market as such.

In the mass appeal that the car has due to the Carroll Shelby marketing connection, the reality is that he had little if anything to do with the development and building of the car itself. This is 180 degrees from the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang which his company built at the Shelby Automobiles plant in Las Vegas, NV much like was done in the 1960s. The 2007 Shelby Ford GT-500 rolls off the Ford assembly line in Flat Rock, MI.

--------------

This is a random article written out of ignorance. Real Shelby enthusiasts know better. Sorry it doesn't fit into your box of collectability. Ford designs the base Mustang and Carroll added his modifications, whether by design while he worked at Ford or at his shop. Both are real. You are in denial, not us. He also worked on the Dodges. There must be a collectible car forum you can try to convince your story to, but here it won't work. We get it that collectors like the CSM cars and that they are "worth" more money, whippee. I had more fun modifying my GT500 than keeping it original. Either way, it's a Shelby whether you believe it or not. Try telling Carroll and Cleo his 2 weeks straight working with SVT was meaningless to you. It really was history in the making. :happy feet:

:victory:
2007 Shelby GT500
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang

#352 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

Look folks, the guy is a troll.  If you stop feeding him he will go away and find another bridge.  Put him on your ignore list and he will go away soon.   He's also sending offensive PMs.   At this rate his days are numbered. 

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#353 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

aka... DICK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:06 AM

Look folks, the guy is a troll.  If you stop feeding him he will go away and find another bridge.  Put him on your ignore list and he will go away soon.   He's also sending offensive PMs.   At this rate his days are numbered. 

if indeed he is sending offensive PM's mod's can see them and he is in violation of the rules posted on the website and should be tossed!

PIAA lights.

#354 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 19,975 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

You do have a point, allow me to clarify. 

There is a definite pecking order, when it comes to collectibles.  An AC/Cobra is the top of the list for many world-wide collectors.  Sorry Twobjs. even though you paid a ton of money for that continuation car, that's not true Shelby either.  Anything "Shelby-ized" after the fact, is just a money grabbing scheme, cashing in on nostalgia.  Good ole' CS would stamp his name on anything to make a buck.  Close, but it doesn't replace an original.  Shelby stopped building real AC/Cobras many many years ago.

Just like with Porschephiles, they believe no other Porsche is a "true" Porsche, unless it's an air cooled 911.  Of course the GT350s, GT500s, etc., from the muscle era, are true Shelbys.  Is the Dodge Omni GLH Shelby a real Shelby????  Not in my book.  However, to be clear, a S197 is not a true Shelby, by any other word, except as a "licensed" version. 

Great cars, just don't kid yourself about the heritage.

Heres what I do know from the man himself , Ford SVT wanted to keep the cost down but Shelby insisted on making the car more aerodynamic by closing in the bottom of the car,& changing the splitter & spoiler . Is the Dodge Omi a real Shelby YES it is as Carroll had a lot of input on that vehicle.   Enough said time to move on. 

#355 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Oh yeah those SS for sure are real.... In fact, the S197 SS is the pinnacle of CS's input and the natural progression of the Mustang to the modern era.  These modern S197 Super Snakes are phenomenal, with the 2013-14 MY being the icing on the cake.  I will admit, I am slightly envious of Super Snake owners, of this iteration. 

For the "modern era" of muscle cars, my opinion changes.  Anything of this current period, with licensing from Shelby, is as real as you can get in this day and age, including continuation cars.  My point is, there was a "golden era" of the original Shelby's, these S197s from Detroit, are not in the same class as the the aforementioned, but still have inherent uniqueness, in this modern age, when converted to SAI's specs as a SS or similar.

But why are those cars that get upfitted at mod shops considered real Shelbys? Since the cars taken to mod shops around the country or world for that matter, never actually go to Las Vegas and get touched by Shelby American? I thought one of your requirements was that it had to actually be done by Shelby American?

And why you keep talking about some mystery video you supposedly have of I believe a tour guide? You would seriously believe a tour guide over say Steve or any other Shelby American employee that would say your wrong?

I just have a hard time understanding why you are so against the new Shelbys. And why it matters so much to you if people call them real Shelbys.

#356 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

Oh, is this the mythical video of the tour guide that gave out bad info and was subsequently corrected in his ways?    Guess the OP never saw  the correction in the fine print at the bottom of page 3.

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#357 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 8,077 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Oh, is this the mythical video of the tour guide that gave out bad info and was subsequently corrected in his ways?    Guess the OP never saw  the correction in the fine print at the bottom of page 3.

:yup:
2007 Shelby GT500
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang

#358 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 8,077 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

I just have a hard time understanding why you are so against the new Shelbys. And why it matters so much to you if people call them real Shelbys.

Because the old and CSM cars sell for more money. It's all about the money with this guy. :nonono:

Edited by Secondo, 21 July 2017 - 01:52 PM.

2007 Shelby GT500
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang

#359 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 8,077 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Heres what I do know from the man himself , Ford SVT wanted to keep the cost down but Shelby insisted on making the car more aerodynamic by closing in the bottom of the car,& changing the splitter & spoiler . Is the Dodge Omi a real Shelby YES it is as Carroll had a lot of input on that vehicle.   Enough said time to move on. 

+1 just one of the many features Carroll worked on.

He was very proud of the Dodge Omni GLHS and even owned one up until his passing.

"But it's not a real Shelby" :hysterical2:
2007 Shelby GT500
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users