36 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   IASHELBYGT

IASHELBYGT

White Lightning with 66 DNA

• Northern Plains Region
  • 2,007 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:Shelby & Ford Vehicles and Iowa Hawkeye sports.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

In the NorthEast it would be Tasca Ford. There should be a SouthEast shop in Florida but am having trouble recalling the shops name. Then there is/was the Georgia shop but I'm not sure of their current status.

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

And before anyone asks, no I do not have a list of the current mod shops. All mod shop questions really need to be directed to our sales department for proper handling.

Steve

This post made me think about who and who isn't a Shelby mod shop. Old days it was Tasca, Quantum and SAI. Now, I guess the question for me is who outside of Shelby in Las Vegas is an "Authorized" Mod shop.  That can badge or designate cars as Shelby GT/SC cars that gets the designation in the registry and the GT/SC side stripes. I know Tasca can do the upgrades, but I thought they were no longer a Shelby "Authorized" Mod shop??

Dave

IASHELBYGT- IOWA CITY, IOWA - HAWKEYE FAN

2007 Performance White 5-speed SGT w/light graphite leather. Interior upgrade w/satin aluminum panel, active anti-theft & wheel locking kit. 1/1,771 white 5-speeds produced, 1/639 with light graphite interior.

2017 GT350 Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - Convenience Package - Build date - August 24, 2016 - Chassis # H1437.

#32 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby Administrator

• 863 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06
  • Region:Decline

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

This post made me think about who and who isn't a Shelby mod shop. Old days it was Tasca, Quantum and SAI. Now, I guess the question for me is who outside of Shelby in Las Vegas is an "Authorized" Mod shop.  That can badge or designate cars as Shelby GT/SC cars that gets the designation in the registry and the GT/SC side stripes. I know Tasca can do the upgrades, but I thought they were no longer a Shelby "Authorized" Mod shop??

Dave

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops in the States can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@Shelby.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#33 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops in the States can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

Hi Steven

Are there any shops in the Seattle area that can document a GT/SC build and get them the Whipple SC,stripes and certificates

thanks.

Edited by SWEDEMAN, 11 July 2017 - 01:25 PM.

2007 Shelby GT/SC Paxton Pre Delivery
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#34 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 863 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hi Steven

Are there any shops in the Seattle area that can document a GT/SC build and get them the Whipple SC,stripes and certificates

thanks.

Swede, I'm not sure I'm following your question or at least I hope I'm not but are you saying you want a mod shop to remove the Paxton S/C and replace it with a Whipple S/C?

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#35 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Steven - No no and no! :)
I was just wondering if there are any mod shops in or around the Seattle area that do GT/SC builds?
Thanks.
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#36 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 863 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:38 AM

Steven - No no and no! :)
I was just wondering if there are any mod shops in or around the Seattle area that do GT/SC builds?
Thanks.

Whew... glad I misinterpreted your post. You would need to check with our sales department along with SPP to see if there is a Tier-II mod-shop in your area. I wish there was a published list of shops available but until either of these departments compile a list, for now you'll have to reach out to them directly.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Whew... glad I misinterpreted your post. You would need to check with our sales department along with SPP to see if there is a Tier-II mod-shop in your area. I wish there was a published list of shops available but until either of these departments compile a list, for now you'll have to reach out to them directly.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users