13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gth0007

gth0007

Registrar SAI Team Shelby Hertz GTH

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 824 posts
  • Joined 16-January 08

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

Found a listing on Ebay by BMC Extreme Customs in New Jersey. They have, what they claim to be, original Terlingua deep draw hoods for sale at $899 plus $169 shipping. They're using SAI part numbers, pictures etc.. The Shelby Store lists this hood as "out of stock". Ebay item 230535601947. The seller claims to have "10 available". Buyer beware, just for information only.
DRIVEN DAILEY White SGT with Painted Stripes, CS-6 Hood, GT-500 Spoiler, Ford Racing Chrome Valve Covers, Shelby Engine Dress Up, Red CS Wheel Centers, CS Faux Gas Cap, Steeda Carbon Fiber Air Inlet, Tiffany style Cobra Steering Wheel Center, Shelby Gauges

2006 Hertz GTH coupe, car number 457. Ex-Shelby American Titled car used by Shelby executives in Las Vegas. Used by Carroll and Cleo Shelby at the 2008 Terlingua event. Modifications by SAI includes factory GT-500 Wheels / Tires, Lower valance fog light / brake duct bezels, rear bumper cover Stripe Delete.

1971 Ford Bronco, HP 302 V-8, 3peed manual, 4" lift, 33 inch tires. AKA "the Beast" is used for off-road forest and swamp fun. Never restored, she ain't so pretty, but always gets you to the dance!

2008 FR500S Mustang Race Car. Built by Ford Motor Company and raced by Winkler Automotive ( Gaithersburg, Maryland) in the Miller Mustang Challenge series. Red with white stripes.

#2 OFFLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

2007-08 Shelby GT Registrar

• 4,502 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:nothing to see here........move along.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:17 AM

Anyone who may be interested in purchasing one of these BE ADVISED, there were two versions of this hood. The first version of this hood will NOT fit a v8 car, only v6.

Chris
Chris Carter

Posted Image

Shelby American Registrar --- 07-08 Shelby GT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oklahoma Director --- Team Shelby Southern Plains Region

Email me

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR SHELBY

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF TEAM SHELBY

#3 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,993 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

I'm guessing that if they make an ebay sale they are then going to order the hood from Shelby American. Their ebay description is a word for word copy of the Shelby Store description.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 12,154 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

"These hoods are similar in appearance to those used in 2006-2007 Shelby GT-H, CS6 and CS8, however, they are not the same."

What is the difference between the Terlingua Hoods and the ones he mentions above?

#5 OFFLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

• 4,502 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

deep draw hoods are just that, deep draw, they are about an 1-1 1/2 " deeper than the CS hood. they are also functional. both at heat extractor point and cowl.

Chris
Chris Carter

Posted Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email me

#6 ONLINE   Akos (AJ)

Akos (AJ)

Team Shelby Staff Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Italian motorcycles: Ducati and MV Agusta

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

It's funny to see my car on those pictures... BTW, aren't they in copyright violation using Shelby owned pictures? I need to look into Ebay policies on the use of someone else's photography for clear commercial purposes. And if Shelby not selling these hoods to the public (unless you own a car that has that hood), why are these guys are allowed to? :redcard:

VP of Operations

5/14 - present

Director of Production

3/06 - 6/08

#7 ONLINE   Akos (AJ)

Akos (AJ)

Team Shelby Staff Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Anyone who may be interested in purchasing one of these BE ADVISED, there were two versions of this hood. The first version of this hood will NOT fit a v8 car, only v6.

Chris

Chris,
I might remember incorrectly but when we made the deep draw hood, it was fitting on all V6 and V8 cars except for the GT500. The only reason it was not originally featured on any 4.6L cars was because Amy vetoed it. We wanted to build a V8 Terlingua and she didn't OK that. Then, well after my time at Shelby, they put that hood on the SC and the Turbo trims.
AJ

VP of Operations

5/14 - present

Director of Production

3/06 - 6/08

#8 OFFLINE   check6

check6

Team Shelby #3222 Terlingua CSM 07TRT0011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08
  • Interests:Math Teacher, Road Track Racing, coaching girls high school basketball, my two girls, and hubby

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

It's funny to see my car on those pictures... BTW, aren't they in copyright violation using Shelby owned pictures? I need to look into Ebay policies on the use of someone else's photography for clear commercial purposes. And if Shelby not selling these hoods to the public (unless you own a car that has that hood), why are these guys are allowed to? :redcard:

When I looked at the site, I thought that was your car AJ....

Leann

CSM 07TRT0011
First (and only?) Tungsten Grey Terlingua

Team Shelby #3222
Terlingua Racing Team Member
Fear The Bunny Club Member
LASAAC Member

USAF Retired

The "Grey Bunny" is sponsored by:

Royal Purple, Linear Logic, Scrublade, Slime, Agent 47, Race Ramps, Silverhorse Racing, US Speedo, Samco Sport, B & M Racing, Moroso Performance, K & N Filters, Taylor Cable Products, ShowWheels USA, Drake Muscle Cars, BBK Performance, Tokico Performance Shocks, Odyssey Battery, MGP Caliper Covers, Performance Distributors, Mishimoto Automotive, Maximum Motorsports, JLT Performance, BF Goodrich Tires, Baer Brakes, Fluidyne Radiators, J & M Products, Stuck-on-You Graphics, Autoglym Premium Car Care, and Stage 8 Locking Fasteners

Special Thanks to: Jason at 281 Motorsports, Alex at MacKenzie Mustang Supply, and Jeff at SVOC for their help and advise during my Terlingua build, and to my husband Rob for his hard work obtaining my sponsors. And lastly, to my wonderful sponsors who are helping to make my dream come true. Thank you all!

Taken at SEMA 2010, The Grey Bunny on display as part of Fords "Incredible Vehicles"

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

• 4,502 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

Chris,
I might remember incorrectly but when we made the deep draw hood, it was fitting on all V6 and V8 cars except for the GT500. The only reason it was not originally featured on any 4.6L cars was because Amy vetoed it. We wanted to build a V8 Terlingua and she didn't OK that. Then, well after my time at Shelby, they put that hood on the SC and the Turbo trims.
AJ

The GT/SR cars and the Turbo cars have the later version of the deep draw hood. There were two hoods, as the first one I bought was one of the early ones and it would not fit on my car, the second hood, however did fit. The difference of the two is on the underneath of the hood. The second version is opened up a little bit to allow for the V8 and the Whipple. Trust me, on this. My first hood was painted, and ready to install when we realized it was a no go.

Chris

Edit: not trying to argue with you, just trying to inform our Shelby brethren.

Edited by 07SGT4578, 09 October 2010 - 09:02 AM.

Chris Carter

Posted Image

Email me

#10 OFFLINE   Naa-V-Doc

Naa-V-Doc

Doc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts
  • Joined 11-February 10

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

I sure hope Some One at Shelby will chime-in on this. For I am looking at buying a Deep Draw but 1. would prefer to buy from Shelby 2. Have the correct fitting hood for the V-8....

SHELBY - ANY ONE???????????????????????????????????????????

#11 OFFLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

• 4,502 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

Any hoods purchased from SA now are the 2nd generation hoods. The one I got was the last of the Gen 1 hoods. The only reason I stated this in the first place is because there is no telling when or even if the people on ebay got the hoods from SA.

Chris
Chris Carter

Posted Image

Email me

#12 OFFLINE   NordicShelby

NordicShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 4,233 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Chris is 100% correct that there are two versions. I also bought the Terlingua hood and the first one did not fit and the second one would not fit either because I have the whipple 550. They then sent me a set of lower engine mounts and said if I install them then the hood will fit over the whipple 550 but I have not done this yet as I am little paranoid to lower the engine.

Chris this is why I asked you earlier if you had to put lower engine mounts in the car but you said that you didn't which I still don't understand since you also have the whipple 550 as well.

#13 OFFLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

• 4,502 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Chris is 100% correct that there are two versions. I also bought the Terlingua hood and the first one did not fit and the second one would not fit either because I have the whipple 550. They then sent me a set of lower engine mounts and said if I install them then the hood will fit over the whipple 550 but I have not done this yet as I am little paranoid to lower the engine.

Chris this is why I asked you earlier if you had to put lower engine mounts in the car but you said that you didn't which I still don't understand since you also have the whipple 550 as well.

it fits, kind of. Like I said before, the pulley used to hit, until it notched a notch in the hood. The intake tube also hits on bumpy roads. Otherwise it fits. There is NO way to put a STB in there though. I can personally live with it rubbing just a bit, the looks are amazing.

Chris
Chris Carter

Posted Image

Email me

#14 ONLINE   Akos (AJ)

Akos (AJ)

Team Shelby Staff Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Edit: not trying to argue with you, just trying to inform our Shelby brethren.

No worries, if there is a new version that fits on the V8 cars, that's great. I didn't mean to come off as argumentative. BTW, I'm not surprised that the first version had to be modified. It's tight in there even on the V6.

VP of Operations

5/14 - present

Director of Production

3/06 - 6/08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users