#32 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Very nice. Although the lack of contrast makes it hard to tell in the image, is it the entire hood, or just the elevated scoop that's been added? Are you going to carry the OE stripe onto it?

Thanks! It's the entire hood. My plan is to eventually paint it to match the rest of the car once it gets warm enough to paint out here. Once it is painted I will put the OE stripes on it.

#33 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

that looks awsome!! Where did you get you side scoops and window vents??

Quarter window and side scoops I got off of EBay last year....I think you can still find them on there. Thanks!

#34 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

How was the fit and finish?

I really love the hood. Looks really sharp and getting lots of compliments, but knowing many of us can be pretty.....let me use the kind word "particular" I will give you a critical review.

It was definently not "plug and play" for lack of a better phrase. You have to adjust the rubber stops up front for one which is not terribly hard, but I had to get some longer bolts for the hood latch and add some washers because the latch would not even come close to latching. I also had to fashion some hard rubber spacers to place between the hinges and the hood so that it sat at the right level with the fenders at the back of the hood (it was off just a bit on each side). You may have to adjust your fenders, but I did not have to do this. Of course perhaps the hood is fine and my car is just assembled cock-eyed (although we know that could never happen under Ford's watchful gaze :hysterical: ). The finish is nice although I there were some marks from the wrapping material during transit which should buff out with no problem. In the sunlight it looks beautiful with the carbon fiber pattern. In twilight I noticed two flaws (what looks like a small reaction in one spot and another spot looks like a small ridge under the surface of the gelcoat) and some blotches under the gelcoat but you can't see any of this in the dark or in the sun. I can't even photograph them, but being anal the way I am I can find them. It wasnt anything I wanted to have to go through the hassle of shipping the hood back. If I were keeping it unfinished as it is might have bothered me but my ultimate goal was to paint the exterior of the hood to match the car and leave the inside unfinished so you could see the carbon fiber with the hood up. It does look great the way it is, but I think the car would look better one color (just my preference) Fitment is not dead on perfect, but it is close enough for me. You have a little extra space between the two corners of nose piece and the hood, but again not enough to really bug me and I notice a similar gap on the "supersnake" hood photos I have seen.

I have no regrets and really like it. BMC did a fantastic job with the design. I have not noticed any flex or movement in the hood at all at higher speed. I elected not to put any hood pins in, but they are recommended.

Edited by scpinto, 11 January 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   MDGT500

MDGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 19-March 10

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

Thanks! It's the entire hood. My plan is to eventually paint it to match the rest of the car once it gets warm enough to paint out here. Once it is painted I will put the OE stripes on it.

Glad you are painting it to match the car.
Some people think carbon fiber is black and can replace black parts.
In my opinion, carbon fiber is gray, and doesn't look good as a replacement for major black parts unless it's something small like a front lip or rear gurney flap or side mirror cover.
2011 GT500- Race Red/White Stripes - Shaker 1000
Steeda Sport Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, JLT CAI, Eibach Camber Bolts

#36 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

Glad you are painting it to match the car.
Some people think carbon fiber is black and can replace black parts.
In my opinion, carbon fiber is gray, and doesn't look good as a replacement for major black parts unless it's something small like a front lip or rear gurney flap or side mirror cover.

Yeah I agree. Don't get me wrong the pattern is absolutely beautiful, but I think the car would look better all black. I can live with it like this until early summer when I'll be ready to paint it though which is part of the reason I went with the carbon fiber.

#37 OFFLINE   wheelin

wheelin

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Quarter window and side scoops I got off of EBay last year....I think you can still find them on there. Thanks!

I looked on ebay not to sure the ones that you have any chance you could give me a link to them??

thx mike

#38 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

I looked on ebay not to sure the ones that you have any chance you could give me a link to them??

thx mike

Hey Mike,

Let me look a little more this afternoon....couldn't find the original places I bought them from. I will also send you some pictures.

Shane

#39 OFFLINE   speedyman

speedyman

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Joined 27-August 08

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Is Plasan selling the KR hoods yet?

#40 OFFLINE   BDrool

BDrool

BDrool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 466 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Love the shape. I would paint it also. One question though, what is the weight difference compared to the OEM aluminum? Weight loss would be my primary reason for even considering.

#41 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,562 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Love the shape. I would paint it also. One question though, what is the weight difference compared to the OEM aluminum? Weight loss would be my primary reason for even considering.

Waddaya mean? EVERYBODY knows carbon fiber's faster. :)

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#42 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

I think they were trying to make it weigh less from what I heard, but it feels about the same weight to me. While less weight is always good I wouldn't look to the hood to be a major weight saver. I think the aluminum is only 35 pounds.....short of driving around with no hood I don't know how much lighter you are gonna get that it would actually make a difference.

#43 OFFLINE   BDrool

BDrool

BDrool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 466 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

Waddaya mean? EVERYBODY knows carbon fiber's faster. :)

:doh: Now that's what I call humor.. :speedie: . Stage right...

#44 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,562 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

I think they were trying to make it weigh less from what I heard, but it feels about the same weight to me. While less weight is always good I wouldn't look to the hood to be a major weight saver. I think the aluminum is only 35 pounds.....short of driving around with no hood I don't know how much lighter you are gonna get that it would actually make a difference.

To get any lighter, you're talking about delving into some pretty exotic engineering and construction techniques - way beyond just lighter materials. If Aluminum were used, it'd almost take the kind of chemical milling done during aircraft construction to eliminate weight while retaining structural integrity.

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#45 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Is Plasan selling the KR hoods yet?

Only the ones that snuck out the back door during production for Shelby.

There was one recently on e-bay.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#46 OFFLINE   g_ford

g_ford

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-September 10

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I just purchased one of these hoods and my speed shop indicated that since the hood is functional that at high speeds with the extra air forced into the filter that it will throw off the mas air meter. Have you had any issues with this... I was told to block off the air in take. Thanks

#47 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

g_ford I PM'd you. I am going to have to call BS on that one. :redcard:

Let's be real. Most of us are not driving the track on a daily basis with these (as much as we may want to). Typically max freeway speed I dare risk with the CHP swarming about is 75, maybe 80 if they are not around. I have had no such issue with the MAF sensor. Have gotten on the car with this hood up to 100 or 110 and still no issue. Unless you are at the track pushing over 120 for extended haul I don't think this will even be a worry for you. Maybe someone who actually hits the track can answer this better, but I have to imagine what ever change in the air flow this hood makes would be compensated for by the car's computer. Now if we were talking about a 60's muscle car with no technology I might believe some tweeking would be necessary but I think your shop may be off base on this one.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

#48 OFFLINE   Freak

Freak

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Fast Cars, Firearms, Photography and my puppy dog.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

g_ford I PM'd you. I am going to have to call BS on that one. :redcard:

Let's be real. Most of us are not driving the track on a daily basis with these (as much as we may want to). Typically max freeway speed I dare risk with the CHP swarming about is 75, maybe 80 if they are not around. I have had no such issue with the MAF sensor. Have gotten on the car with this hood up to 100 or 110 and still no issue. Unless you are at the track pushing over 120 for extended haul I don't think this will even be a worry for you. Maybe someone who actually hits the track can answer this better, but I have to imagine what ever change in the air flow this hood makes would be compensated for by the car's computer. Now if we were talking about a 60's muscle car with no technology I might believe some tweeking would be necessary but I think your shop may be off base on this one.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

It's a fact that early Super Snakes had problems with this. They ended up blocking the area off some. No idea how the BM compares to the SS hood, but from the pic, it looks to me that the scoop is smaller, and possibly further back. Both would affect how much air it gets.
Freedom exists because there are men and women willing to do terrible things to those who would threaten it.

It is the Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen who salute the flag, who serve beneath the flag, and who's coffins are draped by the flag, that allow the protester to burn the flag.

I'm not a Shelby guy, I'm not a Mustang guy, I'm not a Camaro or Chevy guy, and I'm not a Dodge guy. I'm a car guy. I don't care what the fender says, if it looks cool, is fast and fun to drive, It can be called a Poo-master 1000 for all I care. I'll still like it.

http://www.facebook.com/BanTheFordMustang

#49 OFFLINE   usgpru27

usgpru27

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 22-July 12
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

New to my Mustang GT500 but when looking at some of the new pulley kits I do not see any MAS sensor requirements with them. Certainly the increase in boost would tax the MAS as well. I think I would disconnect the battery and reset everything however.
2012 Performance White Stripe Delete GT500 Electronics/SVT/Recaro's

#50 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Interesting...I was unaware of the early supersnake having that issue.

As I said I have had no such issue, but the best thing to do would be ask BMC of they know anything about that being a problem with the BM hood.

If I end up having a stall I will relay that here, but after 1 1/2 years with the hood I have not had that issue even with spirited driving.

#51 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

As I said I have had no such issue, but the best thing to do would be ask BMC of they know anything about that being a problem with the BM hood.
If I end up having a stall I will relay that here, but after 1 1/2 years with the hood I have not had that issue even with spirited driving.

There's a video floating around showing the problem. A guy is running his SS through markers using a GPS for top speed. At something like 160 or 180 he pushes in the clutch at the end of his run(s) and the engine dies...Each time.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#52 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Can someone just make a SS 100% lighter than OEM carbon fiber hood. Or even a fiberglass or alumnium or magnesium or w/e material SS hood thats lighter? lol
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#53 OFFLINE   MJN

MJN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
  • Region:Great Lakes
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I still like this hood and its in the back of my mind still lol. I would love to have the SS hood but love the look of the cf. My plan would be to paint the top and leave the bottom so when have the hood up can see the carbon fiber

12 GT500 Blk Stripe DeleteBorla Cat back, JLT carbon fiber intake and splash guards, 3M Clear Bra, Kenny Brown Matrix Brace, KB custom coil overs and rear suspension set up, AFCO Pro H/E, MGW Shifter, Shelby Oil Separator

AMSOIL Dealer

#54 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I like this hood as well. Seems like a superior product to trufiber but again its heavier than stock hood so thats no good. Might as well get the SS hood from shelby.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#55 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

There's a video floating around showing the problem. A guy is running his SS through markers using a GPS for top speed. At something like 160 or 180 he pushes in the clutch at the end of his run(s) and the engine dies...Each time.

Phill

This may be a dumb question, but was that 160 kilometers per hour or miles per hour?

#56 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I still like this hood and its in the back of my mind still lol. I would love to have the SS hood but love the look of the cf. My plan would be to paint the top and leave the bottom so when have the hood up can see the carbon fiber

That's the way to go. The CF showing with the hood up looks real nice on a black car IMO

#57 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Are you using hood pins? How fast have you gone if you haven't been? I was wanting to get this or the SS hood maybe but I hate the hood pins. So I would use nothing or use a latch like aerolatch.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#58 OFFLINE   scpinto

scpinto

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 25-September 09

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Are you using hood pins? How fast have you gone if you haven't been? I was wanting to get this or the SS hood maybe but I hate the hood pins. So I would use nothing or use a latch like aerolatch.

Well I am not a speed demon....like I said I briefly did between 100 and 110 once and that's as fast as I have gone with this hood. Too heavily populated where I live to really open her up without going to the track. The hood hasn't budged. When I talked to BMC originally they told me I would probably be okay without pins as long as I wasn't doing track driving or excessively high speeds. I hate the pins too.

If it flies off at some point I will certainly let ya know LOL......probably best thing is ask BMC directly what they think.

#59 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

This may be a dumb question, but was that 160 kilometers per hour or miles per hour?

MPH

2010 GT500 Coupe

#60 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Well I am not a speed demon....like I said I briefly did between 100 and 110 once and that's as fast as I have gone with this hood. Too heavily populated where I live to really open her up without going to the track. The hood hasn't budged. When I talked to BMC originally they told me I would probably be okay without pins as long as I wasn't doing track driving or excessively high speeds. I hate the pins too.

If it flies off at some point I will certainly let ya know LOL......probably best thing is ask BMC directly what they think.

I never trust the manufactuers about their products to be honest lol. They are just trying to sell their stuff.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users