Photo

Has the GT/SC package been discontinued?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   RogerS

RogerS

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Northeast Region
  • 5,172 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:CSX

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

Has the package went up in price??? and what is the base price for the GT/SC with brakes,gauge pod,whipple super charger,and stripe??? haven't seen any price on this package in sometime.Not everyone can afford or want's a gt 350 or Super Snake.

It has remained the same. This package was one of my "focused" projects, being a 2007 Shelby GT owner, we knew the opportunities for improvement and upgrades and listened to our customer base. The retention of the stock wheel was key.

We do our best to hold pricing. We do not know, at times, when vendors raise pricing. We absorb minor increases as long as we can.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Edited by roger-SAI, 22 July 2011 - 04:28 PM.

"If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself." Carroll Shelby

2012 Shelby GT 500 Grabber Blue

2013 Ford Focus ST Black

#32 OFFLINE   RogerS

RogerS

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Northeast Region
  • 5,172 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06
  • Interests:CSX

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Are you selling one a day or is it being offered for sale daily?:hysterical:

Hmmmmm............some weeks it is daily :)

"If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself." Carroll Shelby

2012 Shelby GT 500 Grabber Blue

2013 Ford Focus ST Black

#33 OFFLINE   Morgan19d

Morgan19d

Daily Driver

• South Atlantic Region
  • 771 posts
  • Joined 05-February 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, music
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

How long does this conversion take? I'm still looking at options for getting my first Shelby and am pretty much comparing the idea of a V-6 GTS with SC or picking up an SGT and upgrading to GT/SC :headscratch:
2012 Shelby GTS- CSM 12GTS0038
Posted Image
Past rides:
1942 Ford "jeep"
1965 Ford Mustang
1997 Ford Ranger
2005 Chevy Colorado (yep... I strayed)

#34 OFFLINE   shelbydream1

shelbydream1

07SGT3012

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 1,533 posts
  • Joined 31-October 07
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Shelbys, Mustangs, Girls and going fast-damn I have expensive interests! ;)

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

The base package price is just at $12k you'll need to give the sales department a call at 702-942-7325 for option pricing. Below is a link to the sales catalog showing the available options.

http://www.shelbyame...om/catalog/#/16

Steve

Is it possible to get the SC package with GT/SC stripe delete just leaving the Shelby GT stripe? Wouldn't want to tip my hand ;)

#35 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,858 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Is it possible to get the SC package with GT/SC stripe delete just leaving the Shelby GT stripe? Wouldn't want to tip my hand ;)

The GT/SC rocker panel stripes are part of the package with no option delete available for them. Now what happens after you take delivery of the car....................

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#36 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

Team Shelby Member NorthEast Region

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

I am considering the SC upgrade for my recently purchased '07 Shelby GT with 5K miles. Tasca in RI is 300 miles from me. SAI in Vegas is 2400 miles. Any reason NOT TO USE TASCA? Also - they are saying $12,725 for the base upgrade. Did the price go up?

A recent email from TASCA>>>>

"Thanks for contacting the Tasca Mod Shop. Yes we are the only authorized Shelby Mod Shop, besides Shelby in Vegas. We do tons of the Shelby GT/SC conversions. The price for the Ford Racing/Whipple GT/SC package is $12,725 plus taxes.
The conversion consists of:
FRPP/Whipple 2.3l black S/C (polished +$300)
Baer front and rear brake upgrade, slotted rotors,SS brake lines and pads
Shelby gauge pod, Boost, fuel and oil pressure gauges
Stripe designation (Shelby GT/SC)
Turnaround time is about 2 weeks to complete once parts are ordered.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!"

Posted Image

Edited by Rev Dennis, 27 November 2011 - 04:11 PM.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

#37 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,282 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Did you speak to Dennis? He has done all the work to my car, not one regret, absolutely outstanding. Call and speak to him, he knows his stuff. Or e-mail him, I found that easier in the beginning.

I highly recommend Tasca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not go off the Packages on the website, Tasca will do what-ever you want, make it yours.

Read my signature, they did all of that plus more.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

I like "the package" except I would like upgraded calipers.
I have a business deal in the works. If it goes through I will be doing this upgrade. Hopefully Tasca and I can come to terms.
Will Rogers

#39 OFFLINE   08SGT/SC

08SGT/SC

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 02-February 09

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

I like "the package" except I would like upgraded calipers.
I have a business deal in the works. If it goes through I will be doing this upgrade. Hopefully Tasca and I can come to terms.

I had my car done at Tasca, they will do the car with just the supercharger, side stripes, and badging. That way you can always go back and add the gauge pod, brake lines, rotors...etc
2008 Shelby GT/SC CSM# 08SGT1289 Vista Blue Coupe, Manual, Dark Charcoal Leather, Shaker 500, Aluminum IUP, Sirius Satellite Radio, Active Anti-Theft.

Posted Image

My mods:
Whipple 550 HO Tasca 6/17/11 (480 rwhp/ 453 rwtq)

Shelby Gauge Pod
Corbeau CR1 Seats
Brake Duct Bezels
PIAA Fog Lights
Lower Grill
Vista Blue Mirror Covers
SGT-Shelby Automobiles License Plate Frame

#40 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Is keeping the stock calipers a good choice with a SC upgrade? Are they not basic GT calipers? I would think a 4 piston caliper would be called for in the front. And what is stock on the rear? 2 piston?
I come from a world where front and rear brakes were important. They don't have to be Brembo, but what Baer or Wilwood calipers are suggested?

Just do the Brembo GT500 front brake upgrade and don't worry about the rears? Wilwood has front and rear upgrade caliper systems. I have never been so confused about brakes before.

Edited by Rev Dennis, 28 November 2011 - 04:40 PM.

Will Rogers

#41 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,756 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

I am considering the SC upgrade for my recently purchased '07 Shelby GT with 5K miles. Tasca in RI is 300 miles from me. SAI in Vegas is 2400 miles. Any reason NOT TO USE TASCA? Also - they are saying $12,725 for the base upgrade. Did the price go up?

A recent email from TASCA>>>>

"Thanks for contacting the Tasca Mod Shop. Yes we are the only authorized Shelby Mod Shop, besides Shelby in Vegas. We do tons of the Shelby GT/SC conversions. The price for the Ford Racing/Whipple GT/SC package is $12,725 plus taxes.
The conversion consists of:
FRPP/Whipple 2.3l black S/C (polished +$300)
Baer front and rear brake upgrade, slotted rotors,SS brake lines and pads
Shelby gauge pod, Boost, fuel and oil pressure gauges
Stripe designation (Shelby GT/SC)
Turnaround time is about 2 weeks to complete once parts are ordered.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!"

Posted Image

The catalog states $11,899 but that is for the 400 (?) HP Kenne Bell.

http://www.shelbyame...om/catalog/#/16

Edited by ilmor, 28 November 2011 - 04:53 PM.

2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#42 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,282 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Is keeping the stock calipers a good choice with a SC upgrade? Are they not basic GT calipers? I would think a 4 piston caliper would be called for in the front. And what is stock on the rear? 2 piston?
I come from a world where front and rear brakes were important. They don't have to be Brembo, but what Baer or Wilwood calipers are suggested?

Just do the Brembo GT500 front brake upgrade and don't worry about the rears? Wilwood has front and rear upgrade caliper systems. I have never been so confused about brakes before.

I have had no issues with stock, I upgraded rotors, lines, and pads and they have been fine. Best bang for the buck is to get the GT500 take-offs, so many have upgraded I would bet Tasca could do those cheaper and performance would be fine. I do not track so mine are fine for my joy rides.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 OFFLINE   shelbytexan

shelbytexan

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

I see you got 495 rhp. I got 490 rhp but mine was done in Dallas in April of last year so i suspect the heat in Dallas caused me to loose a little bit of hp.If someone did not want the brakes then i'm pretty sure Tasca would take the price of the brakes off the final price. I already had the Baer brakes on mine so i didn't have to pay the full price which i'm glad i didn't because i have already changed the fronts to the Baer extremes. The most important thing is to get the GT/SC heritage if you are going to spend a lot of money or you might as well have it s/charged after market.

#44 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

It's a great upgrade, I love my Whipple 550 kit, and I recommend adding the Shelby/ReVan/C&R radiator and heat exchanger. Get the bigger (aluminum) tanks too, if you can swing it. As for brakes, there is no substitute for a Baer or Wilwood setup. I installed Brembos, and saw a small improvement. I got the Baer Extreme+ kit (with Eradispeed rears) and saw a BIG improvement. The factory brake system is not very powerful, and if you add a blower, you REALLY should consider a brake upgrade. Lines and pads and fluid are just not enough (in my humble opinion). I watched all "those guys" braking earlier and earlier each lap at last year's Bash, and wondered why anyone would put a blower on a car that was underequipped for harnessing so much power. Lots of people want a blower, but I didn't supercharge MY SGT until the suspension and brakes were ready for it. Remember the SGT credo: "Balance".

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#45 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,756 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:13 AM

The biggest problem w/ the big brakes though is that one will then need big new wheels and big new tires - big more expense!
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#46 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

"The biggest problem w/ the big brakes though is that one will then need big new wheels and big new tires - big more expense!"

Not a problem. I bought a set of 5 GT500 wheels from a TS guy. 18 x 9.5s. Should fit any brakes.
Will Rogers

#47 OFFLINE   NordicShelby

NordicShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 4,209 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

The biggest problem with the BIG BRAKES is the tiny little holes in the rotor.

If you track your car you will crack rotors that have holes in them

#48 OFFLINE   07SGT0547

07SGT0547

2007 SGT Registrar

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 2,038 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:2007 Shelby GT
    2012 BOSS 302

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

Even happened when I had the stock GT calipers and Hawk Track Pads... Cross-drilled rotors started developing hair-line cracks around each hole... Switched to Brembos with solid OEM rotors this Summer...

389057_3783061688469_748411978_n.jpg

Gregg ~ 2007 Shelby GT Registrar

Register Your Shelby

#49 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

"The biggest problem w/ the big brakes though is that one will then need big new wheels and big new tires - big more expense!"

Not a problem. I bought a set of 5 GT500 wheels from a TS guy. 18 x 9.5s. Should fit any brakes.

Yup, GT500 take-off wheels are a GREAT way to accomplish things. Also, the GT4 wheels have proven popular. If you can get 18" wheels, you'll probably enjoy the ride and performance more, too. Most folks would not recommend 20" wheels as the best performance choice (I just LOVED the look and stance, so I bit the bullet and sacrificed a bit).

BTW, wheel spacers can make the stock wheels clear a Brembo setup (not sure about Baer), as a temporary stopgap measure. Not sure I'd use them on the track, though.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#50 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

I don't know how universal that fact is - I feel as though I've used my brakes pretty hard, both on the track and in several mountain passes (more stressful than the track, in some cases). No issues. Of course, proper pad bedding and rotor seasoning can only help things.

Jer

Lift #15

#51 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

"The catalog states $11,899 but that is for the 400 (?) HP Kenne Bell."

Who would put on a supercharger to add only 70 HP?
I thought the base package was for the 550. When I get ready to do this I see I need to actually talk to someone and get specifics in writing.
Will Rogers

#52 OFFLINE   shelbytexan

shelbytexan

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

"The catalog states $11,899 but that is for the 400 (?) HP Kenne Bell."

Who would put on a supercharger to add only 70 HP?
I thought the base package was for the 550. When I get ready to do this I see I need to actually talk to someone and get specifics in writing.

I believe the 400 hp is for the non-intercooled version.I believe there are very few 400 hp around as you very seldom see any of these on the forum. I'm like you in that why would anyone want just 70 hp from a s/c except the non-intercooled is cheaper and sometimes that's all some might be able to afford. The gt/sc package is for the 550 hp version with intercool.

#53 OFFLINE   08SC0023

08SC0023

Team Shelby New Member

• Mountain Region
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 31-May 10
  • Interests:Mustangs and Shelbys, motorcycles

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

The 400 HP is at the wheels, so it's a lot more than a 70 HP gain. And yes, it was all my budget would allow at the time, now I want a bit more... :spend:

#54 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,494 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:being totally uninterested.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Brembos are OEM on some of the most exclusive sports cars in the world FWIW.
Set up correctly they get the job done. And save you about 4k.

2014 Corvette Z51, 2LT, MSRC, NPP, FAY, 7SP, TRANS TOP. My name is on the dash, (museum delivery).

SOLD: 

07SGT/SC. Driven! Rain or Shine, no refunds. Best 1/4 mile time 12.077 as equpped below.

Performance White, 5sp, iup, anti-theft, navigation. Whipple 550. 1st Customer 550 out of the SAI Mod Shop. (Thanks Budman!).

19x9/19x10 Saleen Heritage Wheels w/275/35 and 295/35 BFG KDW N2.
Brembo Front Calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Hawk HPS Rear pads, FRPP Brake cooling kit with custom intakes.
Goodridge SS lines and ATE Super Blue Fluid.
Functional Fiberglass SA scoop. Glassed over SA production Sticker.
MMS mufflers.

#55 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

The 400 HP is at the wheels, so it's a lot more than a 70 HP gain. And yes, it was all my budget would allow at the time, now I want a bit more... :spend:

You have the whipple 400 with no other mods and dyno'd at 400 at the wheels?
Posted ImagePosted Image

519 RWHP / 484 TQ Taking bets on when the bottom end will die....

#56 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

Brembos are OEM on some of the most exclusive sports cars in the world FWIW. Set up correctly they get the job done. And save you about 4k.

"Brembo" is a brand name. On THESE cars, it's a MINOR upgrade. Owned 'em, drove 'em, upgraded to Baers!

Jer

Lift #15

#57 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,494 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

"Brembo" is a brand name. On THESE cars, it's a MINOR upgrade. Owned 'em, drove 'em, upgraded to Baers!

Jer

Respectfully, I disagree with you totally Jer, I drove the brembos and the stock brakes on both autocross and road course tracks several times each installed on my car and the stock brakes from a SGT are no where even close to the Brembos. It is a MAJOR upgrade...especially with lines, fluid and pads.

The Ferrari 550 and the modern 911's have the same brembo calipers from what I can tell. So does the WRX.

Baer supplies no OEM's that I know of besides Shelby.

Saying that maybe I can test thrash on your pads/car at the bash and maybe I will change my mind.... :drool:

2014 Corvette Z51, 2LT, MSRC, NPP, FAY, 7SP, TRANS TOP. My name is on the dash, (museum delivery).

SOLD: 

07SGT/SC. Driven! Rain or Shine, no refunds. Best 1/4 mile time 12.077 as equpped below.

Performance White, 5sp, iup, anti-theft, navigation. Whipple 550. 1st Customer 550 out of the SAI Mod Shop. (Thanks Budman!).

Brembo Front Calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Hawk HPS Rear pads, FRPP Brake cooling kit with custom intakes.
MMS mufflers.

#58 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,494 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Update the calipers on a 911 are different indeed.

SOLD: 

MMS mufflers.

#59 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Respectfully I disagree as well. This is why: The Baers are extremely nice but at a cost of $3K more...not my choice. If your going to actually autocross constantly all the time that is different but the Brembos are a strong brake for random autocross and everyday driving, I like them. They are well worth the coin bigtime.
2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#60 OFFLINE   bmezz

bmezz

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Joined 09-June 11
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Now that Shelby is selling the Paxton chargers again,I wonder if I could get the GTSC pkg with the Paxton on my 07sgt0456

Posted Image

Edited by bmezz, 10 June 2012 - 11:32 AM.

07SGT0456

Shelby 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users