Photo

Has the GT/SC package been discontinued?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

Team Shelby Member NorthEast Region

• Northeast Region
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Why would you choose the Paxton instead of the Whipple 550? And YES, the GT/SC upgrade package is still available. Via Las Vegas or Rhode Island. I had mine done at TASCA and have been entirely pleased with the result. 493 HP at the wheels? Unbelievable torque. The acceleration is simply intoxicating. Thanks to TASCA and Dennis Gomes.

Edited by Rev Dennis, 10 June 2012 - 06:15 PM.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

#62 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

The Paxton, was not a great success for many reasons - it is not a great supercharger and I would steer clear of it.
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#63 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

The Paxton, was not a great success for many reasons - it is not a great supercharger and I would steer clear of it.

I don't disagree, as the whipple just simply kicks ass... but I thought the only reason the paxton was pulled was because it couldn't get the CARB approval for the SGT's... If you want power, get the whipple, but those few paxton cars that slipped thru will be (i'm guessing) the high dollar winners someday.
Posted ImagePosted Image

519 RWHP / 484 TQ Taking bets on when the bottom end will die....

#64 OFFLINE   dave c

dave c

Shelby registrar

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 1,449 posts
  • Joined 17-October 06

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yea its slow too!! Here's a video of Louie with a Paxton. I think his best time was a 10:43, slicks and 4:10's. And the man can drive.

I've never had a problem with the Paxton. It's all about the history. I believe the post '06 Hertz is the one Shelby can install it on. The speed shop can install it on any car.
[/img]Posted Image
Shelby GT/SC=(good times/special car)

#65 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Why would you choose the Paxton instead of the Whipple 550? And YES, the GT/SC upgrade package is still available. Via Las Vegas or Rhode Island. I had mine done at TASCA and have been entirely pleased with the result. 493 HP at the wheels? Unbelievable torque. The acceleration is simply intoxicating. Thanks to TASCA and Dennis Gomes.

Paxton never did get any approval for use in anything 2008 or later. I think they've given up this market.

Paxton has a legacy Shelby association, but beyond that, great advances in technology have been made by others that have better more reliable higher performance products. I would steer clear of Paxton unless you want "the legacy look".
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#66 OFFLINE   RogerS

RogerS

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Northeast Region
  • 5,171 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Vintage Shelby Vehicles

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Everyone,

Yes the package is still available. This is package is an integral piece of our "new heritage" since 2007. We do offer the Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple and the Kenne Bell SC's.
Having owned one with a Whipple, I can say that this package changes the entire dynamic of the vehicle. And there are many ways one can go with the additional add-ons. When you go fast you need to seriously consider the brakes. Our package upgrades the rotors, pads and brake lines. This was specifically packaged to complement the power upgrade while retaining the stock wheels. A heavily suggested package inclusion based on the forum membership. If you decide to upgrade to the GT500 take off brakes you would need to change the wheels as the calipers will not fit behind the stock front wheels.

The only additional component that we suggest is the watts link and caster camber plates. This will allow a dial-in of the suspension. With the base package and the above components, you will be very pleased with the result, both on the street and for the occasional track days. Hope this information helps.

Roger

Edited by roger-SAI, 25 September 2012 - 04:25 PM.

"If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself." Carroll Shelby

2012 Shelby GT 500 Grabber Blue

2013 Ford Focus ST Black

#67 OFFLINE   AstroDan

AstroDan

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,819 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Astronomy, golf, poker

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Respectfully, I don't know about that. Big Carl has (maybe) one of the nastiest, coolest Mustangs I've ever seen.
07SGT5123
Shelby GT-California
Born August 2, 2007
Shelby GT/SC
Black 5-Speed Manual 3.55
Hyper-black 18" CS-69 w/ KDW2 285/40 - 255/45 nitrogen filled
LFP 4" 1-piece Aluminum DS with LFP Adjustable UCA Steeda billet LCA
GT500 Brembo calipers - C-Max pads-Goodridge SS lines
Team Shelby Member # 826

281.29 rwhp - 302.71 lb/ft 4th of July 2008 (bone stock)
SAI installed Whipple 550 (polished) Pick up 8/28/09
507.7 rwhp - 498.5 lb/ft 12th of Sept 2009
Best 1/4 mile to date: 12.75 @ 116.18mph 9-30-09 (street trim)
571.1 rwhp - 559.9 rwtq 9th May 2014 FR Aluminator 46X / FR heads / Comp cams = AED Built!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users