#1 ONLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,867 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

http://www.barrett-j...n=28&pop=0&it=1

The auction says its a CSX-T which of course its not. Also factory paperwork says its a standard seat car, meaning no Recaro's from the factory unless his window sticker can show different.

Steve

Update: Error on my part. CSX #104 has a vin sequence very close to #70 that I misread. #70 is a Recaro car.

Attached Files

Edited by shelbymotorsports, 16 January 2011 - 03:51 PM.

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   sdac guy

sdac guy

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 14-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?aid=403&ln=28&pop=0&it=1

The auction says its a CSX-T which of course its not. Also factory paperwork says its a standard seat car, meaning no Recaro's from the factory unless his window sticker can show different.

Steve

Are you sure about it being #104 Steve? My list shows that vin as #70, which is listed as a Recaro optioned car.
Barry Goodall
Former President (retired), Shelby Dodge Auto Club

86 Omni GLH Turbo
86 Shelby Lancer Prototype #EXP1
90 Daytona Shelby VNT

#3 OFFLINE   ShelbyDodgeFan

ShelbyDodgeFan

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

Are you sure about it being #104 Steve? My list shows that vin as #70, which is listed as a Recaro optioned car.

Barry,

It does appear that you're correct about this '89 CSX actually being #70, and not #104. I came across this cardomain.com posting some time ago (http://www.cardomain...89-dodge-shadow), referencing when '89 CSX #70 was listed for sale on eBay in 2005. Both the Barrett-Jackson ad and the cardomain.com posting reference the original owner ("dealer-owner" in the Jackson-Barrett ad) as having put 7,513 miles on the car. It's just doesn't seem possible that two different '89 CSX cars would both be sold by the original owners with exactly 7,513 miles on them. Also, the background in the pictures of the exterior of the car in both the Barrett-Jackson add and the cardomain.com posting appear to be the same (probably just from different angles).

It appears that it sold for $8,900 on eBay in 2005, assuming that the eBay price in the cardomain.com posting was the final selling price (and that it did actually sell). It will be very interesting to see what it goes for at Barrett-Jackson.

Brian

Edited by ShelbyDodgeFan, 16 January 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#4 ONLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,867 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Error on my part. CSX #104 has a vin sequence very close to #70 that I misread. #70 is a Recaro car.

It will be interesting to see what this CSX brings.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   ShelbyDodgeFan

ShelbyDodgeFan

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Surprisingly, it sold for only $7,975 (including Buyer's Commission). Here's the link to the auction results:

I was expecting for it to have sold for between $12,000 and $18,000, considering the low milage and and apparently excellent condition.

Error on my part. CSX #104 has a vin sequence very close to #70 that I misread. #70 is a Recaro car.

It will be interesting to see what this CSX brings.

Steve

#6 ONLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,867 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

Surprisingly, it sold for only $7,975 (including Buyer's Commission). Here's the link to the auction results:

I was expecting for it to have sold for between $12,000 and $18,000, considering the low milage and and apparently excellent condition.

Car is now for sale at $16,500 by someone called XL Motors in Aberdeen, SD

Hmmm, awful close to Gesswein Motors. Tough to picture two different businesses in SD investing in Shelby Dodges.

http://www.autabuy.c...GE&Model=SHADOW

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   BadAssPerformance

BadAssPerformance

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 13-November 07
  • Interests:Hello Everybody! My name is Jason Trotter, although most know me as JT or BadAssPerformance.

I've had my Shelby Z since '94, a couple '87 CSX's and shadows since then, and my first mopar was an '86 EFI Lancer I got in '92, but have been a mopar enthusiast long before that. Late model turbo mopars are my main passion, but one of my dreams is to have a twin turbo '71 Cuda!

I am currently Director of SDAC (www.sdac.org) also the SDAC-Chicago president, long time SDAC National member, and gladly contributing to the Turbo-Mopar.com staff.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hmmm, awful close to Gesswein Motors. Tough to picture two different businesses in SD investing in Shelby Dodges.

Yeah, good call Steve...
JT
SDAC Director
SDAC-Chicago President

JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
87 Shelby Z - 10.58@137.95mph
87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Posted Image

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

#8 OFFLINE   86glhs76

86glhs76

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 14-November 07

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

this is not a time to be selling these cars at all....

#9 OFFLINE   glhs0075

glhs0075

Team Shelby New Member

• Canada Region
  • 252 posts
  • Joined 04-January 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Shelby Dodge vehicles and history.
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:03 AM

this is not a time to be selling these cars at all....

...Good time to be buying though!
:D
Stephen

1987 GLHS #0075: Black, Numbers Matching
1987 Shelby Lancer #176: Numbers Matching except the trans, boss plate is blank... I'm guessing too many burnouts while under warranty.

www.wc-tm.com
Northern Mopars
Team Shelby
SDAC National Member

#10 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Trying to contact XL Motors for a couple of days and they dont respond my inquiries....

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#11 OFFLINE   ShelbyDodgeFan

ShelbyDodgeFan

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Trying to contact XL Motors for a couple of days and they dont respond my inquiries....

Maybe XL Motors knows that you're looking for an '89 CSX . I noticed they jacked up their asking price for their '89 CSX #70 car by $2000 in the last several days :huh: :

Either that, or they saw the asking prices for the two '89 CSX cars that were on eBay recently, and decided they could get more for it. Pretty sweet profit margin for them if they can get it, since they paid under $8000 for it about 15 months ago.

Edited by ShelbyDodgeFan, 07 April 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#12 ONLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,867 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

That's what happens when someone leaves a message about a car for sale, gives the seller time to "adjust" their price before calling them back.

If the seller can get $18,500 I say great but anyone that follows SD sales knows that is unrealistic. The cars currently on ebay back this up.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

That's what happens when someone leaves a message about a car for sale, gives the seller time to "adjust" their price before calling them back.

If the seller can get $18,500 I say great but anyone that follows SD sales knows that is unrealistic. The cars currently on ebay back this up.

Steve

I will be looking for.......

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#14 OFFLINE   ShelbyDodgeFan

ShelbyDodgeFan

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

There is an interesting posting on Turbo-Mopar.com, stating that '89 CSX #70 is in the process of being shipped to China! Apparently XL Motors has sold it (it's been removed from their web site, and there had previously been a "Sale Pending" note on the ad for it on the autabuy.com site): http://www.turbo-mop...=\"shelby CSX\"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users