No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   check6

check6

Team Shelby #3222 Terlingua CSM 07TRT0011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08
  • Interests:Math Teacher, Road Track Racing, coaching girls high school basketball, my two girls, and hubby

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hi all! For those of you who asked me about Royal Purple oils for your GT's and GT 500's at this years Bash, I sent your questions to my contacts at Royal Purple about Royal Purple making a 5-50 or 0-50 oil and here is their response. Hope this helps :salute:

"Hi Leann,

At this time Royal purple does not offer a 5W-50 or 0W-50 and I am unaware of any near term plans to offer these oils. We do have two oils that would work great in any of the Ford engines that specify a 5W-50 or 0W-50, though.

- Royal Purple SAE 10W-40 (part #01140, quart bottle)

- Royal Purple XPR 10W-40 (part #01041, quart bottle)

The SAE 10W-40 is an incredibly robust street synthetic with an ample amount of anti-wear additive, and is suitable for all but the most extreme uses of these Mustangs. The XPR 10W-40 offers the even higher protection of our racing oil formulation, while still be appropriate for street use. It would be the best choice for a dedicated race vehicle, especially if modified to produce much more power than as delivered from Ford.

Best Regards,

Christopher Barker
Technical Services
Royal Purple, Inc.

Leann

CSM 07TRT0011
First (and only?) Tungsten Grey Terlingua

Team Shelby #3222
Terlingua Racing Team Member
Fear The Bunny Club Member
LASAAC Member

USAF Retired

The "Grey Bunny" is sponsored by:

Royal Purple, Linear Logic, Scrublade, Slime, Agent 47, Race Ramps, Silverhorse Racing, US Speedo, Samco Sport, B & M Racing, Moroso Performance, K & N Filters, Taylor Cable Products, ShowWheels USA, Drake Muscle Cars, BBK Performance, Tokico Performance Shocks, Odyssey Battery, MGP Caliper Covers, Performance Distributors, Mishimoto Automotive, Maximum Motorsports, JLT Performance, BF Goodrich Tires, Baer Brakes, Fluidyne Radiators, J & M Products, Stuck-on-You Graphics, Autoglym Premium Car Care, and Stage 8 Locking Fasteners

Special Thanks to: Jason at 281 Motorsports, Alex at MacKenzie Mustang Supply, and Jeff at SVOC for their help and advise during my Terlingua build, and to my husband Rob for his hard work obtaining my sponsors. And lastly, to my wonderful sponsors who are helping to make my dream come true. Thank you all!

Taken at SEMA 2010, The Grey Bunny on display as part of Fords "Incredible Vehicles"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users