H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,001 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

MEA CULPA! Been running around like crazy and finally can take a breath. We took a little longer to get home and - well, you know.

Anyway...yep, got her and she's beautiful. Had a chance to test the handling and acceleration on the way home (open desert - nice freeway) and trust me when I tell you the N/A motor is very strong.

Now here's the kicker that most of you don't know: This is the first ordered and built Automatic N/A. But it comes with a 3.73 rear end. And let me tell you that when you decide to get into it, stand by...it's zero to forever instantly. It's just one continuous blast of power. I wish I would have had SAI Dyno it before I picked it up but I screwed up and was just so excited to get it I forgot. Here's a couple of pics that I took quickly while there...unfortunately we left the museum delivery photos there and they're being mailed by SAI. I'll post a better recap when I get those. Oh...and yep, the left tail pipe was dipping when we got home...still an issue.

John

Congrats on the car. Like the look without the side window block-off plates. Enjoy.
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 Ė May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#32 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,548 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Congrats!

Beautiful car. :beerchug:

Way to go John. Been thinking of you as I look at the 2 feet of friggin snow we have had in the last 2 weeks.

Spring couldn't come quick enough? Eh Tony? :angry22:

Edited by jerseygator, 31 January 2011 - 06:23 PM.

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#33 OFFLINE   Son of GT

Son of GT

"THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A SHELBY... NOTHING.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Interests:Most Motorsports, all types of cars and trucks; especally anything Shelby. My country, family, and friends, and all who have served or are serving in the military defending the U.S.A. Still and video photography; and of course morally casual women!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Thanks, everyone.

I have to admit that at first I was apprehensive about putting an automatic in a car with the specs and bloodline of the GT350. But having had one in the SGT and thoroughly enjoying it (and as Dan alluded to, living in So Cal with the sucko traffic), thought what the heck, let's go for it. I couldn't be happier.

This car has several personalities. A great sounding, mild mannered, put it in drive and just cruise around; put it in 3rd and lock it into a sporty acceleration mode; or just manually shift it all the way from first and decide when to go through the gear changes. This is a marked difference from the SGT and I'm guessing it has to do with the rear end. Granted, you can just step on it in D and hang on, because it's gone. I've just not seen the difference between easy acceleration and hard acceleration in drive as I do in this car. Amazing.

Tony: Any time, any time!

Warren: Thanks for the tip

S. Cal: Hope to see you all soon now that we have something to drive again!

John

Congratulations to you John, I'm very happy to see that your wait is over. Excellent choice on going NA, because you now have the option of installing the Boss 302 intake manifold when they become available from FRPP, and if you do, you can have the attributes of both cars in your 350. It sure would make an excellent car for track days IMO.
Current Stable:

1972 Bronco restomod equipped with an R-spec 5.8, AOD, 4-wheel disc brakes, as well as several other mods.

2003 Mercury Marauder

2007 Performance white SGT S/C CSM #12

2007 Grabber Orange GT500 Convertible VIN #00012; Super Snake CSM #12.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS WHENEVER POSSIBLE; NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE!

IN MEMORY OF JOE GOSINSKI, 10-23-66 / 12-24-10. RIP JOE, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED.

"As long as there's America, there will always be a Mustang." - Jay Leno.

"The more time I spend in this place, the more I like dogs". - Me.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image <--- Current weather at Shelby American, Las Vegas, NV

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, modded. Sold Feb. 2007. Goodbye old friend, you will always be missed.

#34 OFFLINE   COBRA SCOTTY

COBRA SCOTTY

DIRECTOR OF TIMESLIP VERIFICATION

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined 09-February 08
  • Interests:MAKING MORE HORSEPOWER !!!
    AND
    HOT BINKINI CLAD LADIES IN PICTURES WITH MUSTANGS.
    BUT
    NOT IN THAT ORDER.hee hee
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

Congrats John !!! And really like the look without the block off quarter windows. Enjoy and be safe and thanks for sharing. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty

Edited by COBRA SCOTTY, 04 February 2011 - 01:05 PM.

2008 GT500 CONVERTIBLE GRABBER ORANGE / STRIPE DELETE
SCHED DATE 4/7/08
BUILT DATE AAI 4/11/08
DEALERSHIP DELIVERY 4/18/08
UPGRADES PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE JACKSON MI. 6/17/10
POLISHED FORD RACING TVS , ELBOW WITH 2.6 UPPER ,I/W 10% LOWER ,
123mm POLISHED COBRA JET CAI , 65mm COBRA JET THROTTLE BODY ,
160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT , SHELBY/REVAN RACING HEAT EXCHANGER ,
MAGNAFLOW 3 " HI-FLOW CATTED X-PIPE , MAGNAFLOW 3 " CAT-BACK EXAUST
SCT CUSTOM DYNO TUNE BY PAUL SVINICKI ( 709 RWHP 701 FT-LBS. 110 TUNE / 674 RWHP 663 FT-LBS. 93 TUNE)
PRODUCTION #'S
# 1885 OF # 2070 CONVERTIBLES PRODUCED IN 2008
# 79 OF # 81 G.O. CONVERTIBLES PRODUCED IN '08
1 OF 6 (G.O. STRIPE DELETE CONVERTIBLES BUILT IN '08)
(THE LAST 1 OF THE 6 RAREST GT500'S PRODUCED IN 2008 ACCORDING TO FORD PRODUCTION DOCUMENTS)

2008 SHELBY GT-C/SC GRABBER ORANGE 5 SPEED COUPE
BUILT AAI 6/28/07
BUILT SAI 9/26/07
CSM # 08SGT0123
SAI GT/SC UPGRADES LAS VEGAS 4/13/09
MUSEUM DELIVERY 4/28/09
SAI INSTALLED POLISHED WHIPPLE 550 KIT
SHELBY CENTER GUAGE POD
BAER FRONT BIG BRAKE PACKAGE IN GRABBER ORANGE
ERADISPEED REAR BRAKE UPGRADE
SHELBY FORGED 20" ALCOA'S
SHELBY GT/SC INTERIOR PACKAGE / BLACK WITH (607) SILVER INSERTS
REAR GT SPOILER ; YOU KNOW YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME DOWNFORCE AT 160 PLUS.
( 497 RWHP , 464 FT-LBS. 93 TUNE )
PRODUCTION #'S
SO. CAL. EDITION

( 1 ST ) AUTHORIZED 2008 SHELBY GT-C TO RECIEVE MODS AT SAI.
( 1 ST ) AUTHORIZED 2008 SHELBY GT/SC PRODUCED AT SAI WITH WHIPPLE 550.
( 1 ST ) AUTHORIZED 2008 SHELBY GT-C/SC WITH WHIPPLE 55O IN THE WORLD.
( 1 OF 63 ) 2008 SHELBY GT-C 5 SPEED W/SHAKER 1000 AND IUP , HID , ANTI-THEFT.

( 1 OF 215 ) 2008 SHELBY GT-C COUPES EVER BUILT / ( 211 ) - 5-SPEED'S AND ( 4 ) - AUTOMATIC'S

#35 OFFLINE   gators196

gators196

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 30-October 10

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

John, my fix was to tack weld the fitting above the rear axle, and then really had to add an extra support brace welded to the rear hangar at the 90 degree at the very rear. It did solve the problem even after some serious track time. The hangar will bend from the wieght of the exhaust going a straight 90 from the rear of the car towards the center where it comes out. Its an easy fix though.

Congrats and have fun with your new 350!!!Posted Image Posted Image Our club is getting bigger by the day!

So...is SA aware of this quality issue? If so...are they going ot correct for all of those cars that are currently in production?

Not that excited about spending close to 90k and then have to break out a welder to fix myself. Especially sine I dont know how to weld or have a welder.

2011 45th GT350 On Order 12/3/10
CSM # 36

Base GT:
HID
Electronics pkg
comfort pkg
security pkg

GT350 Options:
R Tune
Cooling
Watts link
Interior pkg
rear brake pkg
painted stripes w/350 logo in

Desired upgrades:
short throw shifter (when available)
Anything that will safely increase performance

#36 OFFLINE   SoCalSGT

SoCalSGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Joined 16-October 09
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

So...is SA aware of this quality issue? If so...are they going ot correct for all of those cars that are currently in production?

Not that excited about spending close to 90k and then have to break out a welder to fix myself. Especially sine I dont know how to weld or have a welder.

Well, I don't know about the cars in production, but Steve said he was going to talk to the production manager about my pipe issue and get back to me. I haven't heard anything yet and since Warren had to fix his himself I'm guessing that it's going to be issue that's just there with the car. Live with it, or fix it yourself. I'll wait 'til after the weekend and see what I hear from SAI before I do anything.

This may be one of those things that people check for in future years when verifying if it's a true Shelby or not!!!

John
45TH ANNIVERSAY GT350

CAR DELIVERED TO SAI IN JUNE 2010...
CALL REC'D 1/21/11 - MUSEUM DELIVERY 1/27/11

[SOLD TO A GOOD FRIEND AND TS MEMBER]
07 SHELBY GT Black
CSM3761
Rear Window Scoops; Tail Light Trim; IUP
Navigation; Exhaust Upgrade; GT Wheel Caps
Shorty Antenna; Sequential Signals

Posted Image

#37 OFFLINE   Venom4U

Venom4U

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 269 posts
  • Joined 12-May 10
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

Well, I don't know about the cars in production, but Steve said he was going to talk to the production manager about my pipe issue and get back to me. I haven't heard anything yet and since Warren had to fix his himself I'm guessing that it's going to be issue that's just there with the car. Live with it, or fix it yourself. I'll wait 'til after the weekend and see what I hear from SAI before I do anything.

This may be one of those things that people check for in future years when verifying if it's a true Shelby or not!!!

John

Your probably correct but if they know of the pipe issue why not tack weld it prior to leaving SA.? Iím sure that sounds easy but itís not a major problem.

Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   cobrakalas427

cobrakalas427

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Joined 07-January 08
  • Interests:Driving Shelbys, Riding Harleys, owning a German Shepherd dog, hockey, football & baseball

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

John,

Your car looks amazing!!! I love the non-GT350 emblemed hood and the full painted stripes (including lower rear)...Congrats to you!!!

Alan
06 Vista Blue GT 5spd FOR SALE
- Roushcharger
- High Pressure blower pulley
- Hurst short throw shifter
- GT500 Strut tower brace (Thanks Shelby101!)
- GT500KR Rear spoiler (Thanks nolastyankee!)
- Shelby CS67 Anthracite wheels
- BFG KDW2's (255/F) (285/R)
- Shelby style "inboard" fog lamp grille

07 Black SGT 5spd CSM #4589
- Charcoal IUP
- Shaker 1000
- Shelby GT key chain (2 hp gain!)
- Shelby GT engine cap set (3 hp gain!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users