37 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 791 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

Had a great time at the show on Saturday. I think I heard that there were over 900 registered. I just wished that the awards could be handed out at the show, instead of waiting until that evening at the banquet. A lot of us can't be there and from what I was told you had to be present at the dinner in order to recieve anything. It was a great time anyway as there were many TS members present.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#32 OFFLINE   Firekiller

Firekiller

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 29-April 10

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

Had a great time at the show on Saturday. I think I heard that there were over 900 registered. I just wished that the awards could be handed out at the show, instead of waiting until that evening at the banquet. A lot of us can't be there and from what I was told you had to be present at the dinner in order to recieve anything. It was a great time anyway as there were many TS members present.

Thank you very much for coming out and enjoying the day with us. We ended up having great weather and had a good time. I will post up a link to my photobucket account for everyone to see.

#33 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,383 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

Sounds like a great event!
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#34 OFFLINE   ati

ati

Drive It Like You Stole It!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06
  • Interests:.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

I was at the awards dinner and anyone who didn't attend and won they just put their trophy aside. If you won anything I'm sure if you contact them they would send it to you. I believe Firekiller took 2nd place, Don't know who won 3rd. They usually post the winner on the web site.

#35 OFFLINE   XLR8

XLR8

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Joined 11-May 07

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

I was at the awards dinner and anyone who didn't attend and won they just put their trophy aside. If you won anything I'm sure if you contact them they would send it to you. I believe Firekiller took 2nd place, Don't know who won 3rd. They usually post the winner on the web site.

I was told that I took 3rd place. :woohoo: A member from my club picked up the trophy for me. I have yet to see what it looks like.

It was agreat show and all that attended had a fantastic time!
2007 GT500 Performance White/Vista Blue Stripes

EVO/JLT - Stage 1 --------------------------- Carroll Shelby Signed Dash Plaque
DSS 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft ---------- GT 500 Sill Plates
J&M Billet Lower Control Arms --------------- Cobra Floor Mats
Stillen Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors ---------- Shorty Antenna 18"
Poterfield RS-4 Brake Pads ------------- ----- Cobra Power Outlet Plug
Corsa Axle Back Exhaust --------------------- Painted Rear End
Steeda Painted Hood Struts ------------------ Painted Rocker Panels
Trunk doggy named Shelby ------------------ and she ain't afraid of nuttin'

Ordered on 01 DEC 2006 - Delivered on 24 MAR 2007

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 791 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

Any idea when the 2011 winners will be announced? I keep checking but their site has not been updated.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#37 OFFLINE   demon666

demon666

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 10-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

just to let everyone know, joyce yates of the nashville indiana saac has passed away on 6-11-12.

#38 OFFLINE   3ponies

3ponies

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 363 posts
  • Joined 01-July 07

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

just to let everyone know, joyce yates of the nashville indiana saac has passed away on 6-11-12.

That is really sad. She looked OK for her age last month at the event. She was the heart and soul of that club. Thanks for the update.

These are two of her cars. For us old folks the Honey West Cobra:
Posted Image

I am told this is the only 66 Supercharged GT350 to come from the Shelby Factory. It was her husband's car.

Posted Image
Posted ImageRick
08 GT500 Red Stripe Edition Vert:
FRPP 373s, CAI, Chrome Valve Covers, Mufflers, KR Strut Tower Brace
09 Roush #37 Black Jack
65 Restro Mod Fast Back in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users