• Pacific Coast Region
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 13-February 08
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

OK,

Clutch symptoms are surfacing in my 07.

Pushing 650+ HP.

Question, should I even bother with the TSB fix or just install an aftermarket assembly incl flywheel?

If so, what's the best alternative for street use?

Thx,
Tom
2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible - Ebony Black / Alloy Stripes

Mods: TVS, FRPP CAI. CJ TB, AFCO Exchanger, Project 321, Bangastang Rad Cover, KR Exhaust, Black Razors w/ Nitto's, DSS One Piece, 3.73's, KR Shifter, Gray Interior Upgrade, Light Bar, SOS / Cobalt Gauge Console, Baer Pro-Plus, Hydrographics all the way around, etc.........................

#2 ONLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 2,941 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07
  • Interests:Everything automotive, NHL, NCAAF, German Shepherd dogs

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

OK,

Pushing 650+ HP.

Question, should I even bother with the TSB fix or just install an aftermarket assembly incl flywheel?

Thx,
Tom

Hands down - McLeod RST or RXT.
TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC REGION DIRECTOR
Team Shelby member 906

2011 Shelby GT350 - CSM113500040
624 HP, 604.6 RWHP Watt's Link, Partial painted stripes, Museum delivery 4/6/11 Tremec Magnum XL

#3 OFFLINE   Slabo

Slabo

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 1,925 posts
  • Joined 08-August 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

OK,

Pushing 650+ HP.

Thx,
Tom

Hey Tom I just had to make the same decision and decided to just go aftermarket. I really try to avoid the dealer if at all possible. In fact my car has never been back to a dealer. Also given I am at 650 rwhp I wanted something that I know can handle the HP and take a beating. The reviews on the newer 2010 clutch that they are now installing with the TSB do seem to be positive but I don't think it will handle as my HP as the prior version. I ended up having a SPEC Twin SS installed by Alex "vapor08GT500" given his success with this version. So far it feels great. About the same or maybe a touch less petal effort than stock but no hiss. I am still breaking mine in. It does have more rollover noise when idling with the clutch pushed in. Regardless of your choice you want to make sure you install a new CSC with any new clutch. Also make sure you break it in properly or you will not like it. BTW there is no bleeder on these clutches. They just pre-fill the CSC with brake fluid then pump the clutch to get the air out. Can take 20-30 miles to get the proper feel in the clutch. I didn't really have that problem but that is what I was told. Good luck in your decision.
Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0381

2007 GT500 Vert purchased 8/12/08, #828 of 859 Ebony, Nav, Sirius, assembled on 6/11/07
Reborn 9/14/09 at SAI Vegas - 40th Anniv. package w/ Interior Upgrade, 605HP TVS, 3.73's, Shelby Shifter, Cooling Package and Extreme Brakes.
Many additional mods.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   retok3876

retok3876

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi guys, i'm new here..i'm from Switzerland... and i have to change my clutch because on my Shelby GT 500 MY08 he slips and chattering.. (sorry for my bad english!!!) Wich is the better replacement clutch kit? i think i will buying the SPEC Super Twin SS Trim..

#5 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 14,180 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hi guys, i'm new here..i'm from Switzerland... and i have to change my clutch because on my Shelby GT 500 MY08 he slips and chattering.. (sorry for my bad english!!!) Wich is the better replacement clutch kit? i think i will buying the SPEC Super Twin SS Trim..

GOOD CHOICE

#6 OFFLINE   retok3876

retok3876

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

i have to do nothing? only bolt in? and i have the evoperform stage 2 on my car..

GOOD CHOICE

Edited by retok3876, 25 March 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   09 Red GT500

09 Red GT500

• Southern Plains Region
  • 870 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

i have to do nothing? only bolt in? and i have the evoperform stage 2 on my car..

Send a message to Alex, whose screen name is "vapor08GT500". I'm sure that he will help you with everything that you need. He has an excellent reputation here on Team Shelby.
2009 Shelby GT500 Torch Red with Black Stripes
Black w/Red Interior
Options: GT500 Premium Trim, Shaker 1000, HID Headlamps, Ambient Lighting, Vehicle Cover (used occassionally in winter)
Awesome Engine Builders: Gretchen Allen and Jason Altidonna!!!
Dates: Ordered 3/31/08, Serialize/Segment 6/12/2008, Sequence 6/20/08, Blend 6/25/08, Produced 7/3/08, Released 7/10/08, Ship 7/16/08, Arrival 7/29/08, Home 7/29/08
Modifications: Alcoas (50th) w/Hankook Tires, Ford Racing KR Exhaust,Griggs GR40SS Suspension, Revan Racing Radiator and Heat Exchanger, Signed Dash Plaque, Red Stripe Floormats, Shelby GT500 Headrests/Console Cover, Project321 Coil Covers, Project321 Caps, True Forged Hood Vents, M-H Racing Intercooler/Reservoir Tank
Numbers: #271 of 3004 coupes (2009), #61 of 524 Torch Red (2009), 1 of only 295 Red/Black Stripe coupe (2007-2009)

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   retok3876

retok3876

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

ok thank you!

Send a message to Alex, whose screen name is "vapor08GT500". I'm sure that he will help you with everything that you need. He has an excellent reputation here on Team Shelby.

#9 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

When I installed my organic twin disc, I looked at the Ram and the McLeod RST or RXT (can't remember which one). I was replacing a SPEC 3+ and definitely didn't want anything from SPEC again after dealing with their customer service.

I went with the Ram based on my research and discussions with a couple shops here that utilize the Ram clutches. MMcGuirk stated that "hands down" that he preferred the McLeod RST or RXT. I am as to why he chose that clutch vs a Ram. Is it personal preference or did I miss something in my choice of the Ram twin disc?

Edited by springer, 25 March 2011 - 07:18 PM.

If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Pete500

Pete500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 09-April 09
  • Interests:Anything with an engine, golf, music

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

They don't seem to get much attention on this site for some reason but based on a recommendation I went for the Centerforce dual friction clutch and steel flywheel. I've done around 3,000 miles on this unit and really like the way it feels which is a bit lighter than the stock clutch. I do a mixture of town and highway driving giving it a bit of a pounding now and then and have not had any issues. I'm sure you will get many other recommendations on this site and at the end of the day the final decision will need to be based on your driving style and personal preference - all I can offer is that I really like the Centerforce i have.
Pete

2009 GT500

#11 OFFLINE   msmap

msmap

proud mom of a Wounded Warrior

• Southern Plains Region
  • 5,452 posts
  • Joined 26-March 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:my family, my friends, my Shelby
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

I went with Spec Twin SS courtesy of Alex! I have driven a McLeod RST car and it has a bit less pedal effort than the Spec but I like my Spec. I do miss the hisssss, sounded like a pissed of snake :-)
Sherri

2007 Shelby GT500
CSM 07XL0417 (Bud's last)
#2215 of 2695 verts
#266 of 325 Performance White verts
ordered 3/27/07
built 4/17/07
home 4/27/2007

Other stablemates:
#1143 of 6381 SVT 2001 Lightnings
Oxford White
Born 2/21/01
#939 of 1000 1994 Cobra Indy Pace cars
Saddle on Red
Born on 4/15/94
1969 Mach 1
Indian Fire
Born on 1/20/69

If you don't stand behind our troops,
please feel free to stand in front of them.

#12 OFFLINE   texaggie

texaggie

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 24-January 08
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Fast cars, martial arts, triathlons, and philosophy (Mostly American - Dewey, James, and Santayana)

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

also have the SPEC SS and love it. Pushing just over 600hp and use it as a daily driver.
2013 Deep Impact Blue GT500 with White Stripes, SVT Performance Pack, SVT Track Pack, Recaro Seats, Shaker Pro Nav System, and Shelby white shifter with blue stripes.

#13 OFFLINE   MikeMcD10

MikeMcD10

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 28-March 11
  • Interests:2008 Shelby GT 500

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

I have an 08 GT500 with 7,900 miles on it. My clutch has is almost done for, and probably fits under TSB 10-3-8. The car is completely stock, and I have not done any track time or aggressive driving, but do live in downtown Chicago, so it sees some stop and go driving (I only drive about 2500 miles per year). After it is fixed, I'd like to do 3 or 4 track days per year. What do you think about the current (2010) OEM clutch, or would I be better off with a McLoed RXT or a Spec Super Twin (SS or P trim)? Also, does anyone know which dealers in the Chicagoland or Northwest Indiana area are good at clutch repairs on a GT500?

#14 OFFLINE   frydguy79

frydguy79

TEAM SHELBY NORTHERN PLAINS DIRECTOR

• 2,467 posts
  • Joined 14-August 07
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

I have an 08 GT500 with 7,900 miles on it. My clutch has is almost done for, and probably fits under TSB 10-3-8. The car is completely stock, and I have not done any track time or aggressive driving, but do live in downtown Chicago, so it sees some stop and go driving (I only drive about 2500 miles per year). After it is fixed, I'd like to do 3 or 4 track days per year. What do you think about the current (2010) OEM clutch, or would I be better off with a McLoed RXT or a Spec Super Twin (SS or P trim)? Also, does anyone know which dealers in the Chicagoland or Northwest Indiana area are good at clutch repairs on a GT500?

like others my experince with Spec's, customer sevice sucks :finger: :censored: :censored: :censored:

we put in lots of clutches of all types,, and i was told that I SCREWED UP their clutch,, what a joke

TEAM SHELBY REGIONAL DIRECTOR
NORTHERN PLAINS REGION
2008 GT 500 ARREST ME Red/White Stripe Coupe
Red/Black Interior Pkg
HID Head lights Sat Radio
Ambient Lighting
3.5 DSS ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT
MCLEOD RXT TWIN DISC RACE CLUTCH
SHELBY FAYS 2 WATTS LINK

SHELBY GT00 KR ALCOA'S
FRRP 3.73'S
FRRP KR SHIFTER
J&M RED UCA
J&M RED LCA'S

C&R TWIN FAN H/E
Sold it to myself!!!
DAMN PUSHY SALES PERSON!!
Sold Date 02-14-2008
# 777 of 1367 Red 2008 Coupes
# 3627 of total 2008 coupes
50TH BASH # 177
Personalized plates ...... TRPL 7S
banner.gt500red.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   MikeMcD10

MikeMcD10

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 28-March 11

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

like others my experince with Spec's, customer sevice sucks :finger: :censored: :censored: :censored:

we put in lots of clutches of all types,, and i was told that I SCREWED UP their clutch,, what a joke

Do you like your McLeod RXT? Is it worth the extra money oner the OEM (2010 version)? Is it a difficult install? How do you find someone who is good at the installation ( in the Chicagoland - Northwest Indiana area)?

#16 OFFLINE   09TSpony

09TSpony

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 16-July 07

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Well, my clutch finally went out at 29,500 miles. I did not feel like dealing with a dealership on whether the clutch slippage was due to a warped flywheel or my neglect or abuse. So, today I had a McCleod RXT clutch installed at Maximum Velocity in San Antonio, Tx. Tracy recommended the McCleod Rxt rather than the Spec 2 and I am glad she did. When I first got in and depressed the clutch pedal, I almost put my foot through the floor board. I thought something was wrong, but come to find out this is what a good clutch feels like. I guess i had grown accustom to fighting my stock clutch. I have only put 60 miles on it, but it is smooth. No more shuddering backing up my driveway and I can sit at a stop light with the AC on and I do not hear gear rollover or chattering. Tracy, Tim, and her staff are extremely knowledgable and helpful. I am no one of importance and i do not recommend many people to others in an open forum, but these folks are top on my list when it comes to working on my vehicle. I have not been lead astray or had a bad experience with them. Those of you in San Antonio looking for a reputable performance shop with a mustang dyno you should stop by and say hello (4810 NW Industrial Blvd.). Tracy and Tim... Thx a million.
2009 Shelby GT500
Performance White w/ mid-life crisis Blue Stripes
This vehicle is #2033 of a build of 3004 coupes and is #500 of 651

AVIC F90BT Navigation & DVD System
KR cat backs
Dash Plaque and door sill plates
FRPP cai
2.59" pulley w/ 90 mm idler
Custom tune by VMP Tuning

531 rwhp w/ 508 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno

$$ for mods going to Texas A&M for the meantime

#17 OFFLINE   venom

venom

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 02-August 06

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

I'm in the same boat. Chicago area. Drive about 1300 miles per year and my '08 has some of the TSB symptoms. My 3yr warranty is up in June and I'm debating whether to take it in for the new 2010 clutch TSB? I'd feel better if I found a dealer in my area that has already done the TSB on more than 1 car and has good reviews?

Anyone have any information on a good clutch TSB dealer here in Chicago or the NW burbs? (would be greatly appreciated!!)

#18 OFFLINE   venom

venom

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 02-August 06

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

I'm in the same boat. Chicago area. Drive about 1300 miles per year and my '08 has some of the TSB symptoms. My 3yr warranty is up in June and I'm debating whether to take it in for the new 2010 clutch TSB? I'd feel better if I found a dealer in my area that has already done the TSB on more than 1 car and has good reviews?

Anyone have any information on a good clutch TSB dealer here in Chicago or the NW burbs? (would be greatly appreciated!!)

bump

#19 OFFLINE   MikeMcD10

MikeMcD10

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 28-March 11

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

I heard that Victor Ford, 1451 N Old Rand Rd., Wauconda, IL 60084, servuce dept. phone 847-526-5541, is very good. The service manager, Matt Wandell, was very knowledgeable about GT500 clutches (and has replaced several) and the dealer also has a performance center that does aftermarket performance work on GT500s. He did say that the dealer will only install an OEM clutch when working as a warranty repair. (Other Ford service managers told me the same thing). He said that the new clutch is completely redesigned and much more suitable for street driving, and fine as long as the car remains stock (HP is not boosted). The stock clutch is not as good as a Spec Super Twin SS trim or a McLeod RXT (He called those "premium clutches"), which he recommended if you are going to do a significant boost to the HP. He said that he could get the OEM warranty parts in one day ( parts availability is no longer an issue). He also mentioned that the TSB also calls for the tech to check the transmission, which requires a more skilled technician than the clutch replacement. When you talk to the service dept., make sure you mention TSB 10-3-8 and identify the flywheel as the defective part (as the TSB does), as that is part of the powertrain warranty, which is good for 5 years or 60,000 miles. I'm going to try to schedule them to do my Clutch / transmission repair next week. I'll let you know how it comes out. Anderson Ford Mercury, 1001 State Route 10, Clinton IL, phone 888-715-6487, also has an aftermarket performance center and a good reputation, if that is closer to you. Hope this helps.

#20 OFFLINE   GT500Tow

GT500Tow

Team Shelby Member

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 2,624 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
  • Interests:drag racing, Collecting, building shit.

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:43 AM

Best clutch depends on what you do with your car and how much HP and torque your making. Everyone brags about peddle effort. Well the more effort the more HP and torque the clutch will handle. Everyone talks about noise. Rattle at idle. The strapless design will handle more HP and torque. Many times I've seen straps fail. If they do. It can be very expensive. Like an engine, trans, or your right foot or maybe all of it. So if you are making big HP. Stay away from strapped clutch designs. If you run slicks or big DR's. I would stay away from straps. Yes if you have a strapless design clutch and you pull in to Wendy's. To get a double with cheese. Its going to make noise. Just tell them its a safety devise. Yes my peddle is hard to push in. Yes my car rattles with the clutch pushed in at an idle. But it still works killer no matter what i do to it. Including pulling the front wheels @ 5500 RPM's and i don't worry about the possibility of a broken strap. . just my 2,,, on the clutch thingy.....and the Spec is rebuildable cheaper then most clutches cost. These are the reasons i run a Spec twin billet aluminum clutch and flywheel.
1999 ford Lightning 575HP 11.80's [White]
2004 mustang mach 1 Sons car, has 500hp Pro charged, built engine.[White]
2007 Ford GT500, White/blue stripes.
Moser M9 9 inch rear with coilover shocks. All custom built LCA's, UCA, Panhard bar. 3.89 gears DTT. Auto turbo 400 trans is next. Complete custom Leather interior. Lots of billet, complete custom stereo system.
Very proud of our son. Serving in the Navy. On The USS Hampton fast attack sub.

#21 OFFLINE   Onirb

Onirb

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 07-February 10

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Mine is on it's way out. I am having the Mcleod Rxt twin put in this week.

#22 ONLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• 2,941 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07
  • Interests:Everything automotive, NHL, NCAAF, German Shepherd dogs

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

When I installed my organic twin disc, I looked at the Ram and the McLeod RST or RXT (can't remember which one). I was replacing a SPEC 3+ and definitely didn't want anything from SPEC again after dealing with their customer service.

I went with the Ram based on my research and discussions with a couple shops here that utilize the Ram clutches. MMcGuirk stated that "hands down" that he preferred the McLeod RST or RXT. I am as to why he chose that clutch vs a Ram. Is it personal preference or did I miss something in my choice of the Ram twin disc?

Springer

I have had questionable experiences with Spec and Centerforce in the past. I took GTR's recommendation on the McLeod. McLeod custom builds their clutches for each application.

I now have 30k flawless miles of operation on it.

Michael
TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC REGION DIRECTOR
Team Shelby member 906

2011 Shelby GT350 - CSM113500040
624 HP, 604.6 RWHP Watt's Link, Partial painted stripes, Museum delivery 4/6/11 Tremec Magnum XL

#23 OFFLINE   Jody

Jody

Where is Summer?

• Great Lakes Region
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 02-July 08
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

Mine is on it's way out. I am having the Mcleod Rxt twin put in this week.

Where did you purchase the clutch from and what did you pay?

Thanks,

Jody
Posted ImagePosted Image
40th Anniversary King of the Road
Vista Blue
08KR0911
Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System Front and Rear
Shelby Guage Pod
Shelby Autographed Air Bag Cover
Shelby KR 40th Anniv. 1:18 Scale Autographed by Carroll Shelby
Shelby 20" Alcoas Wheels
MRT Hood Struts
Revan Racing Radiator
Revan Racing Heat Exchanger
WebElectric Products Sequential Tail Lights
Faux Cap Power Plug from "Mr Farmdog"
"Craigs Custom Mustang Brackets" front license plate bracket/NO HOLES DRILLED!!!

911 of 1011 KR's built in 2008

Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   Onirb

Onirb

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 07-February 10

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

Where did you purchase the clutch from and what did you pay?

Thanks,

Jody

I ordered it from Lethal Performance and I am having it installed with some other things at Lamotta's Performance. Here is the link.

#25 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Springer

I have had questionable experiences with Spec and Centerforce in the past. I took GTR's recommendation on the McLeod. McLeod custom builds their clutches for each application.

I now have 30k flawless miles of operation on it.

Michael

Thanks Mike. They are both great clutches from what I have found in my research. The Ram or McCleod are two great choices. My Ram has been flawless since it was installed, unlike the SPEC stage 3+.
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#26 OFFLINE   venom

venom

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 02-August 06

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

I heard that Victor Ford, 1451 N Old Rand Rd., Wauconda, IL 60084, servuce dept. phone 847-526-5541, is very good. The service manager, Matt Wandell, was very knowledgeable about GT500 clutches (and has replaced several) and the dealer also has a performance center that does aftermarket performance work on GT500s. He did say that the dealer will only install an OEM clutch when working as a warranty repair. (Other Ford service managers told me the same thing). He said that the new clutch is completely redesigned and much more suitable for street driving, and fine as long as the car remains stock (HP is not boosted). The stock clutch is not as good as a Spec Super Twin SS trim or a McLeod RXT (He called those "premium clutches"), which he recommended if you are going to do a significant boost to the HP. He said that he could get the OEM warranty parts in one day ( parts availability is no longer an issue). He also mentioned that the TSB also calls for the tech to check the transmission, which requires a more skilled technician than the clutch replacement. When you talk to the service dept., make sure you mention TSB 10-3-8 and identify the flywheel as the defective part (as the TSB does), as that is part of the powertrain warranty, which is good for 5 years or 60,000 miles. I'm going to try to schedule them to do my Clutch / transmission repair next week. I'll let you know how it comes out. Anderson Ford Mercury, 1001 State Route 10, Clinton IL, phone 888-715-6487, also has an aftermarket performance center and a good reputation, if that is closer to you. Hope this helps.

Hey Mike. Let me know how the TSB goes with Victor? They're not far from me so that might be my ticket

#27 OFFLINE   MikeMcD10

MikeMcD10

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 28-March 11

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Hey Mike. Let me know how the TSB goes with Victor? They're not far from me so that might be my ticket

I got my 2008 Shelby GT500 back on Friday last week and Victor Ford did a great job. They put it under the drive train warranty (5 yrs 60,000 miles) because the flywheel (the defective part) is part of the drive train. I also put in a Ford Racing Shelby GT500 Short Throw Shifter installed at the same time and it is a big improvement over the stock shifter. Victor Ford's Service Manager and Parts Manager have extensive knowledge of the GT500 parts and the aftermarket parts available for it and sell and install many of them. I enjoyed talking to them about potential upgrades to my car.

#28 OFFLINE   frydguy79

frydguy79

TEAM SHELBY NORTHERN PLAINS DIRECTOR

• 2,467 posts
  • Joined 14-August 07
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

Do you like your McLeod RXT? Is it worth the extra money oner the OEM (2010 version)? Is it a difficult install? How do you find someone who is good at the installation ( in the Chicagoland - Northwest Indiana area)?

i amost got the clutch broke in,, another 100 miles to go, weather has not been too wonderful :slapfight: but so far the McLeod clutch has been 100 times better than stockPosted Image this is the clutch that should have been standard in the GT500 from the factory :rant2:

TEAM SHELBY REGIONAL DIRECTOR
NORTHERN PLAINS REGION
2008 GT 500 ARREST ME Red/White Stripe Coupe
Red/Black Interior Pkg
HID Head lights Sat Radio
Ambient Lighting
3.5 DSS ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT
MCLEOD RXT TWIN DISC RACE CLUTCH
SHELBY FAYS 2 WATTS LINK

SHELBY GT00 KR ALCOA'S
FRRP 3.73'S
FRRP KR SHIFTER
J&M RED UCA
J&M RED LCA'S

C&R TWIN FAN H/E
Sold it to myself!!!
DAMN PUSHY SALES PERSON!!
Sold Date 02-14-2008
# 777 of 1367 Red 2008 Coupes
# 3627 of total 2008 coupes
50TH BASH # 177
Personalized plates ...... TRPL 7S
banner.gt500red.jpg

#29 OFFLINE   Onirb

Onirb

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 07-February 10

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

i amost got the clutch broke in,, another 100 miles to go, weather has not been too wonderful :slapfight: but so far the McLeod clutch has been 100 times better than stockPosted Image this is the clutch that should have been standard in the GT500 from the factory :rant2:

I just drove home with the McLeod Rxt in and I agree this should have been the clutch that came with the car. I also had the KR shifter put in also at the same time. It is a totally different car. :bandance:

#30 OFFLINE   hotrodstang

hotrodstang

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

I don't know much about all the others but the local clutch grue said to try a RPS BC2 Billet carbon twin. SO I put one in and man what a difference ! Smooth no chatter and makes the tranny shift like a dream.

It's not cheap but you usually get what you pay for. I went thru 2 Ford twin disc clutches in 7000 miles. Yes they were abused. If you got the funds this seems like a good way to go. I am really happy so far. Oh yea no break in required!!!!!
born 6/12/06 Black with tungston stripes
3.4 whipple w/monoblade-3.5 dai pully 16# 730 RWHP ans 640 RWTQ on 91 pump gas ist Whipple on a GT500
JBA LT'S with JBA 3" exhaust- off road cats
BMR- LCA Billett, UCA w/ mount' relocation brackets, ADJ Panhard bar, subframe connectors
Moser Dif cover che axle brace
best 1/4 10.40 @136 best 1/8 6.67@111 race gas/pump blend
373 gears
Steeda shifter
Powerhouse 4" driveshaft w/hoop, K member brace w/Torque limiters
Eibach springs Tokico D spec
Steeda Hood Struts
Cobra floormats-20% window tint
S of S gauge pod w/ Innovate LC-1 wideband,Automete boost gauge, Raptor Shiftlight
Hood from Terry@ Proglass with Ghost flames
Shelby Hood Pins
Granatelli Tyre Fryer
Bogarts and MT ET streets 17"skinnys
CAI-combo of JLT and Whipple
Raceline Wheels 18"X10"wide
Special thanks to WHIPPLE and JBA new stuff Revan Racing rad and heat exchanger, adjustable headrests, FRP shortblock, all ARP fasteners, GT cams, etc etc etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users