Ebony08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-August 12
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I just had the clutch in my 08 GT500 replaced with the McLeod RST and billet aluminum flywheel. All I can say is I am more than pleased and the cost was half of what FORD wanted to put back in the same garbage. This clutch definitely gets my vote!

#32 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 35,055 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

I just had the clutch in my 08 GT500 replaced with the McLeod RST and billet aluminum flywheel. All I can say is I am more than pleased and the cost was half of what FORD wanted to put back in the same garbage. This clutch definitely gets my vote!

How much for labor and materials?
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 OFFLINE   overtime

overtime

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
  • Region:Mississippi Valley
  • Interests:Shelby Mustangs

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Same here - Just had the RXT installed with 3.73 gears. Much softer clutch feel and no more clutch chatter. Should have done this way before now.
2008 Shelby GT500 (Vapor) FRPP Handling Pack, Metco UCA Mount, J&M Double adjustable UCA, J&M Billet LCA's, BMR adj. Panhard, C&R radiator, C&R dual fan H/E, Shelby coolant tank package, Project 321 Billet Engine Caps and Coil Covers, Corsa 14311's, FRPP Diff. cover, CCW 18 x 11 & 18 x 9.5 SP505's with Toyo 315/35/18 DR's, KR Short Throw Shifter, Dynotech 1 piece D/S with BMR front loop, Lethal Hi-Flow catted x-pipe, Kenne Bell BAP, Stillen Slotted & Drilled Rotors, JLT Brake Cooling Kit, VMP Ported TVS with 2.5 pulley and port matched plenum, Cobra Jet 65mm TB, Cobra Jet 123mm MAF and CAI (Dyno Tuned by Justin Starkey at '11 Shelbyfest)
COMING SOON: COMPLETED July 23,'12 1-7/8" Dynatech Headers, Prothane motor mounts, Detroit Tru-Track Diff with 3.73 gears, Mcleod RXT clutch, C.H.E. relocation brackets, SOS gauge pillar with Autometer gauges, 56lb injectors.

#34 OFFLINE   Alaskanwhitesnake

Alaskanwhitesnake

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-April 12
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, making money, sports, racing motor sports, beautiful women

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Anybody out there tried a ford racing cobra jet single disc clutch in their gt500?
07 GT500 AlaskanWhitesnake

Mods to date: FRPP 2.9 Whipple kit, 08+ crank damper, steeda 4" driveline, steeda-UCA Shelby urethane LCA's & Relocation brackets, FRPP Short throw shifter, FRPP push button starter, Shelby-UP driveline loop,
Steeda lowering springs, Steeda Adj upper strut mounts, L&M 3x Intercooler resevoir,

#35 OFFLINE   0201212

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 30-January 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Running, family,and anything with a motor

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Act ( Advanced Clucth Technology ) makes a very good clutch as well. I have one in my 2008 and love it. Great pedal feel and grabs like no tomorrow.
"There's magic in misery"

#36 OFFLINE   jacks1071

jacks1071

Team Shelby New Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 22-September 10
  • Region:Australia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'm thinking of pulling my Spec P-Trim out. Are the McLeod RXT really that good?

My concern is everyone on the forums at the time told me how good Spec were and this clutch is an absolute heap of crap. It shudders like the car is falling appart, its sending vibration down the entire driveline at low rpm and it just makes such a nice car drive like a pile of crap.

The standard clutch drove so nice in comparison and I only replaced it due to durability concerns.

Does the Mcleod RXT shudder? Can you slip it when parking etc? Do you get the same backlash through the drive train that I'm getting with the Spec?

I emailed spec and they said to drive it more, send it back it if didn't come good. No mention of all the labour costs to install, remove and then re-install it again...

#37 OFFLINE   rsfdiver

rsfdiver

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 02-February 08

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Had Ford dealer in Lafayette put in the RXT and the clutch pedal was hanging up before break in.... I went to Cody at Stang-Hi performance Baton Rouge check it and he put another complete set of the same clutch in so far so good but I still expect to feel teh pedal to hang up but so far so good
The dealer doesn't have an SVT tech.... "but we have a transmission expert." tehy refused the TSB whick is total crap, said it was my driving i told them i have a 89 ford ranger with 205,000 miles on it occasionally towing a cajun bassboat and have the same clutch, I have 27000 miles on my 07 gt500 and still have th same tires and breaks. I called BS but they wouldn't do the tsb. Cody says there is a dealer in Baton Rouge he goes through and they would have done it but the 5 yr warrantee went out. With Cody you get what you pay for and he has done many. He changed the pilot bearing and the throw out too along with the fuel filter. He told one customer ther that my GT500 dyno'd better than any others he has dyno'd. I was one of his first gt 500 customers. Dyno'd better stock and with the JLT cold air and metco pulley. Said i had a good one. the guys that built my engine did a good job and probably did it on a wednsday. Thought that was kinda cool. Cody is an expert tuner in our area and I would recommend him to anyone. Only took a day to do all the work. He had a 900 rwhp '08 street gt500 on the dyno that had the Whipple 2.9 on it plus a bunch of other mods, way cool.
Where am I going,
and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 OFFLINE   jnf

jnf

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 981 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

Just had the RXT installed.
What a difference over the stock unit !!
This should have been the unit from the factory in these cars.
Never had the TSB done. Dealer told me that if its not broke don't fix it. Th stock unit was letting off almost at the top of pedal travel.
Pedal is light and engagement is quick and down low where it should be.
Just need to get some break in miles on it now.Shouldn't be hard to do that. :shift:
Jim

07 GT 500 Coupe
White w/ Vista Blue stripes
SLP Loud mouth exhaust
Ford Racing Short Throw with Shelby Ball
Custom CS 69 Special Edition 20" wheels
BMR Upper and lower control arms and brackets
BMR panhard bar, brace and relocation bracket
Eibach Pro lowering springs struts and shocks with front and rear sway bars
Shelby adjustable front end links
VMP 2.59 pulley and tune
JLT Big Air carbon fiber CAI
McLeod RXT twin disc clutch
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 OFFLINE   ingram4868

ingram4868

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
  • Interests:Love of God, Family and Great Cars

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

I used Grabbers parts list and installed all of the 2010+ clutch/flywheel and associated components. I am amazed how great this setup is. The clutch release is so smooth. I can not get it to chatter and I can not stall it from a stop. I am not sure what my HP is but I have the OEM blower, VMP 2.59 pulley, CAI and 91 octane tune. I just love it.
David Ingram
Sparks, NV.
Newest addition 1100 mile 2007 GT500

#40 OFFLINE   Juanrijos

Juanrijos

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 12-March 13
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Read and keep up to date with news and updates for shelby gt500

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Mr Grabber or anyone,

Just got back from Afghanistan in Dec and decided to treat myself. Bought an '08 shelby gt500 and received the car on 27 Feb 2013. Car has only 28k miles! From day one the clutch has been really stiff (hard)and hard to go into 1st and reverse sometimes, so i started reading the forums. I found out that there has been many similar issues like mine. My power tranny warranty is about to run out in April 2013.
My question is: Does a car have to be under warranty in order for a TSB to be done and if so can the power/train warranty do it?
Any help eould be great!!! I hate that I just bought the car and would have to py out of pocket to fix this.

#41 OFFLINE   OsirisGT500

OsirisGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 21-March 10

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

For anyone interested. Valid until March 17. Lethal Performance. 20% off all Mcleod products MCLEOD20 for coupon code. 30% off street pro and super street pro single disc MCLEOD30 for coupon code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users