#1 OFFLINE   jcbnova

jcbnova

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 07-March 11

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:16 AM

I am trying to find photos of 66 Mustang coupe raced by privateers in Mexico 1966-1970 and then Mexican Formula libre 1970-1974
Can anyone help?
Thanks JCB

#2 OFFLINE   ron hile

ron hile

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:fast cars and slow women...
    Antique Auto & Airplane Restoration
    Sign Painting & Pinstriping

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

jcbnova;...what you seek is hard to find, Shelby's group -2-...07 notch back, Don Pike, had the first one, then FORD had Shelby, build 20 more, in lots of 10...they seem to-be accounted for , . < Legend connection.org > they have the scoop... I have some old pic's in old books...hope this help's ron hile...

#3 OFFLINE   richstang

richstang

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined 11-December 10
  • Interests:The usual; Mustangs, Shelbys, Cobras, Ford GTs, and yes even Cougars.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

jcbnova;...what you seek is hard to find, Shelby's group -2-...07 notch back, Don Pike, had the first one, then FORD had Shelby, build 20 more, in lots of 10...they seem to-be accounted for , . < Legend connection.org > they have the scoop... I have some old pic's in old books...hope this help's ron hile...

Ron,
Do you recall what section of the "Legends Connections" site the Shelby De Mexico info can be found?

#4 OFFLINE   socalwrench

socalwrench

The Fixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Joined 11-April 09
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

This is the only Mexican GT350 that I'm aware of.

Attached Files

TS Member
TRT Member

Greg

#5 OFFLINE   jcbnova

jcbnova

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 07-March 11

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

This is the only Mexican GT350 that I'm aware of.

Thanks for the info
No it wasnt a GT350 just a Mustang coupe that was raced with some sponsorship from Shelby de Mexico
I have a couple of photos of it racing in the era just wondering if there are anymore out there
Cheers JCB

#6 OFFLINE   ron hile

ron hile

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

JCB; Sorry. I haven't found it yet, In the MUSCLECAR book, by Tom Corcoran <title SHELBY MUSTANG> on pg's 100-101 is article Shelby de Mexico, some lead's, MOMO ROJAS. more lead's at.... www.bing.com/search?q=1966%20group%202%20shelby%20mustang&form=offliv hope this get's you started.GOOD LUCK!... I had an interest in these car's from the get-go, but little info on the 66 car's now, but that will change... Could you post your picture's. or hit me at mo.uvit@yahoo.com Thank's Ron Geeze-oh-pete the Fixer that R model w/GT exh. now that's some STYLE... mo.later ron

#7 OFFLINE   ron hile

ron hile

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

Richstang; My error, Not legend conn., But- lot more info on BING... hope you can use it, let me know...ron

#8 OFFLINE   THE BEAR

THE BEAR

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-June 12
  • Region:Australia
  • Interests:ANYTHING WITH WHEELS.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Jcbnova, are you referring to a 66 coupe/notchback that was raced from new 1966-73 under the Shelby banner by privateers. The car later returned to the States where it was campaigned and can be researched as the John Ruth car under the A/S and other notchback section on The unexpected Pony Site by Wolfgang Kohrn. Let me know if this is the car you are after as I know where it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users