#1 OFFLINE   knightowl

knightowl

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 04-February 11
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Being with my kids! Outdoor stuff......Running / Photography.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

I know that i'm still without a car, lol but had a question for everyone relating to this topic.

With all of the lovely steep and rough driveway entrances to either houses or commercial areas around and the low front end on the GT500, do you all avoid these at all costs or do you find a way to enter and exit at an angle to prevent making contact with the road???? I would just cringe if the front scraped against the road as most of you would too I'm guessing?

#2 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 35,109 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

I know that i'm still without a car, lol but had a question for everyone relating to this topic.

With all of the lovely steep and rough driveway entrances to either houses or commercial areas around and the low front end on the GT500, do you all avoid these at all costs or do you find a way to enter and exit at an angle to prevent making contact with the road???? I would just cringe if the front scraped against the road as most of you would too I'm guessing?

Approaching the incline at a angel, slow is your best bet.

If you scrape your front splitter, you can use a metal file on the plastic and tune it up. Sand paper works too.
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   knightowl

knightowl

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 04-February 11

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Approaching the incline at a angel, slow is your best bet.

If you scrape your front splitter, you can use a metal file on the plastic and tune it up. Sand paper works too.

Thanks Grabber....I figured as much & wanted to know from owners that are used to the car, etc....Good tip on the tune up too in case it does scrape! Thx.

#4 OFFLINE   knightowl

knightowl

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 04-February 11

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

Not related to this topic at all, but anyone here live in the Paso Valley subdivision near Sherwood Park???? I saw a 2009 or so Kona blue Shelby whip past me today and headed to this area......Anyway, loved the car and the sound!!!!!! Would like to see it up close if you're on this site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users