Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Gurney's birthday got me thinking.

Carroll has referred more than once to the fact that he and "a bunch of California Hotrodders" got the credit for the Cobra and subsequent Manufacturer's Cup (and the ongoing foray into the GT40 wins at LeMans.)

So the question is,

Who were the original members of the team of California Hotrodders?

I have an idea but not sure I'd capture them all.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 13 April 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#2 OFFLINE   falcongtho3

falcongtho3

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

First one that comes to mind is Dean Moon.
'03 Mach #13

I know, I know, I said #16 before, but that's what they told me. Now it's 13. Is it too late to send it back?

#3 OFFLINE   cobrakidz

cobrakidz

2 snakes and 3 cats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Joined 10-November 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:anything that moves
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Phil Remmington?? I know he was there in the beginning.

1966 GT350

1965 Tiger-Springtime Yellow

1967 beater Tiger

2013 Boss 302

#4 OFFLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

Tony,
I need to burn you a copy of a DVD that I have which my buddy took with his home video camera. He was out at Paul Brown's place out in CA when Steele Therkleson was there doing a slide show and telling stories. There are pictures on there which nobody else has ever seen. Steele was a mechanic for Shelby through the mid 60's. It's pretty low quality, but there are some amazing shots and amazing stories told. I'll get you a copy. This is from last summer. Doug Kielian of AutoKraft (the builder of my Short Wheelbase Thunderbird and Lincoln Mark VIII) took the video. So it's video of the slide show on a screen and his stories in the back ground. I think that you will enjoy it quite a bit.

Edited by JeffJ, 02 May 2011 - 06:35 AM.

JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
1999 F-350 Powerstoke Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 Coyote, PA Auto with paddle shift
1972 Ford F100 Shortbed 390 auto
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 - Wifes driver

#5 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

Tony,
I need to burn you a copy of a DVD that I have which my buddy took with his home video camera. He was out at Paul Brown's place out in CA when Steele Therkleson was there doing a slide show and telling stories. There are pictures on there which nobody else has ever seen. Steele was a mechanic for Shelby through the mid 60's. It's pretty low quality, but there are some amazing shots and amazing stories told. I'll get you a copy. This is from last summer. Doug Kielian of AutoKraft (the builder of my Short Wheelbase Thunderbird and Lincoln Mark VIII) took the video. So it's video of the slide show on a screen and his stories in the back ground. I think that you will enjoy it quite a bit.

Hmmm. Sounds like something that everyone in the CSBC might enjoy watching at a barbeque at the Jeff Garage Man Cave :)

Just joking.

Would love a copy. Let me know when you'll be at one of the breakfasts, but I'm only going to do the ones in the north this summer. I'm trying to hold the miles down on the Cobra since I'm trying to sell it.

Thanks!
Tony
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#6 OFFLINE   08sgt1042

08sgt1042

08SGT1042

• Mountain Region
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

What a great idea Tony, we need to break that grage in with a BBQ with the CSBC crew..........only kidding Jeff but that video would be great to see.
2008 Vista Blue Silver stripes SGT1042
5 speed
Charcol Interior
Anti theft
HID
Shaker 500
Shelby GT dead pedal
Berg Faux Gas Cap
GT Spoiler
1/4 window flush louvers
Shelby Headrest covers
Lower Chrome Grill