#1 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

I do not expect a lot of comments on this but just wanted to post this, I recently just posted on another thread how ridiculous this vendor/sight was cause of a service/product they were selling for a ridiculous price. Now today I call the Shelby store , which is affiliated with this site to buy a Shelby baseball hat that I've been wanting..there having a 20 percent sale so I wanted to pick this up...well upon putting this into the cart to buy, the shipping is 13 bucks and change.....When calling the site and asking about this, if there was anything they can do, cause the shipping is half the cost of the hat, they basically told me to take a walk.....Just ranting here cause it's just craziness but man some of these stores online are just straight up absurd..No wonder why they do hardly any business and other sites that offer no shipping kill it....well thanks for listening....GOOFS!!!
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#2 OFFLINE   goldgus

goldgus

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Joined 03-April 09

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

I have actually (successfully) negotiated shipping charges with the Shelby Store...

I was buying a few small items, and the shipping was going to be like $15, but they knocked it down to $6.95

Call again and ask for a manager?...
Posted Image

2010 GT500 Vert, HID's, NAV, Kona Blue/Silver stripes...
Ordered March 15th, Order Pulled April 7th, Build date June 3rd, Delivered July 7th...
Mods to date: MGW Billet Shifter, Shelby dual-fan Heat Exchanger, Ford Racing "KR" axle-backs, FORE Billet Fuel Rails, Ford Racing Billet Axle Girdle, J&M Billet LCA's, Project321 Billet/Carbon Fiber caps, Cobra Tire Valve Caps, Shelby Billet Dead Pedal, Redline Elite Hood Struts, JLT Carbon Fiber Intake tube, Kona Blue Painted Strut Tower Brace, CDC Carbon-Fiber "look" light bar, Custom painted/striped radiator cover, HID 5K Foglights
TRI-STATE STALLIONS

#3 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

I have actually (successfully) negotiated shipping charges with the Shelby Store...

I was buying a few small items, and the shipping was going to be like $15, but they knocked it down to $6.95

Call again and ask for a manager?...

I'll do that thanks...
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#4 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Must be more to this as I can not get the shipping to go above $10 to New York. I tried several NY zip codes and the shipping stays the same. I even clicked residential delivery to get the shipping as high as I coud and it still was under $10 to New York.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

Must be more to this as I can not get the shipping to go above $10 to New York. I tried several NY zip codes and the shipping stays the same. I even clicked residential delivery to get the shipping as high as I coud and it still was under $10 to New York.

Steve

Read this so I wanted to try again, and nope shipping is 13.12 for a 24.99 hat to my address...my zip is 13323.....ridiculous....anyways ten would be crazy as well.....should be like 2 or 3 bucks.....
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#6 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Their ecommerce back-end is terribly week.

In fact, once you speak with the representatives, whether they happen to be commissioned or not, they will tell you it's best to ALWAYS call instead. But I too have been dumbstruck by some of the indifference I've encountered.

Apparently, the web store is meant to be a simulator for ACTUALLY doing business by phone. :) But if that's the intent, posting an online PDF would be MUCH easier. :)

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#7 OFFLINE   shelbykam

shelbykam

Shelby Performance Parts

• Northern Plains Region
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 14-July 09
  • Interests:Shelby

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

We use FedEx Ground for shipping. The rate is based on zip codes. We are in Las Vegas so typically shipping to the East Coast is more then the west. Also, there are greater savings when shipping to a business then residence. Flat items such as decals and small signs can be shipped USPS 1st Class by calling in to request but anything larger than that has to go FedEx Ground.

Keep in mind many places that offer "free shipping" usual make up for the lost shipping by charging more for the product, implementing restocking fees, etc.

Edited by shelbykam, 26 May 2011 - 01:11 PM.

Former SAI employee, KR & SS line tech, Shelby Performance Parts

#8 OFFLINE   shelbykam

shelbykam

Shelby Performance Parts

• Northern Plains Region
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 14-July 09
  • Interests:Shelby

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Their ecommerce back-end is terribly week.

In fact, once you speak with the representatives, whether they happen to be commissioned or not, they will tell you it's best to ALWAYS call instead. But I too have been dumbstruck by some of the indifference I've encountered.

Apparently, the web store is meant to be a simulator for ACTUALLY doing business by phone. :) But if that's the intent, posting an online PDF would be MUCH easier. :)

No one here works on commission.
Former SAI employee, KR & SS line tech, Shelby Performance Parts

#9 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

We use FedEx Ground for shipping. The rate is based on zip codes. We are in Las Vegas so typically shipping to the East Coast is more then the west. Also, there are greater savings when shipping to a business then residence. Flat items such as decals and small signs can be shipped USPS 1st Class by calling in to request but anything larger than that has to go FedEx Ground.

Keep in mind many places that offer "free shipping" usual make up for the lost shipping by charging more for the product, implementing restocking fees, etc.

Not always true ,,look at American Muscle and C J Pony Parts , there free shipping and have some of the best prices around....
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#10 OFFLINE   Taj2010

Taj2010

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Read this so I wanted to try again, and nope shipping is 13.12 for a 24.99 hat to my address...my zip is 13323.....ridiculous....anyways ten would be crazy as well.....should be like 2 or 3 bucks.....

Cobra55 i order 3 t shirts 2 large 1 med womens to west virginia from Shelby Per. almost 16.00 for shipping i hope it comes in a big box :nonono:

#11 OFFLINE   mgmustang1

mgmustang1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 11-March 11
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

I do not expect a lot of comments on this but just wanted to post this, I recently just posted on another thread how ridiculous this vendor/sight was cause of a service/product they were selling for a ridiculous price. Now today I call the Shelby store , which is affiliated with this site to buy a Shelby baseball hat that I've been wanting..there having a 20 percent sale so I wanted to pick this up...well upon putting this into the cart to buy, the shipping is 13 bucks and change.....When calling the site and asking about this, if there was anything they can do, cause the shipping is half the cost of the hat, they basically told me to take a walk.....Just ranting here cause it's just craziness but man some of these stores online are just straight up absurd..No wonder why they do hardly any business and other sites that offer no shipping kill it....well thanks for listening....GOOFS!!!

Where's the 20% off, it not listed on there site?
2010 GT500
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra
F250

#12 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

It's in the Team Shelby Members section - a discount offered for those who hold paid memberships.

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#13 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

Interesting. I just checked the FedEx website and FedEx charges a retail price of $14.30 for a one pound box to your zip code so the business account discounted price of $13.12 makes sense.

I also checked the UPS website and they want $15.27 for shipping.

Steve

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,003 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

I just oredered the panhard bar and the axle cover last night and shopping charges for those two items were $34 and change. This is mine forth or fifth order this month and every order I have been shocked with the delivery prices. And I live in phoenix. Some of the items yes I can see being expensive to shop cause there the radiator and intercooler. But I also ordered the panhard relocation bracket, fuel rail adaptor, and signed dash plaque in the same order and shipping was $41! Those must weigh like 2 pounds total. The zip here is 85388. Glad to see I'm not the only one wondering about these shipping charges.

Plus I just sent out a 25 pound rim all the way to Detroit and that only cost me 60 bucks.
Posted Image
2010 GT500 Kona Blue - Mods include: Comp Shelby 1000 Grind Cams, Kooks headers, pulleys, suspension system, Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes, basically modded out the wazoo by Shelby American.
Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black - Mods include: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,003 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

Also how do I go about getting the tracking numbers for my orders? Everytime I check all it says is its in the final stages of processing. I received my intercooler and panhard relocation bracket and was completely surprised to see them show up. It still says the order is still processing for those items and I have already got them. It would just be nice to have tracking numbers so I can know when to expect the items.
Posted Image
2010 GT500 Kona Blue - Mods include: Comp Shelby 1000 Grind Cams, Kooks headers, pulleys, suspension system, Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes, basically modded out the wazoo by Shelby American.
Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black - Mods include: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   mgmustang1

mgmustang1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 11-March 11

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

It's in the Team Shelby Members section - a discount offered for those who hold paid memberships.

Ok was wondering because for easter you had a sale on your website but i didnt have my car then. Now its memorial day weekend and no sale? Shipping is crazy. i was going to order the 10+ shelby fliter but shipping was $14. sometimes usps is cheaper and priority mail is sometimes the same as regular package mail.
2010 GT500
F250

#17 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

I get emails sent to me whenever they have a sale, and all I did was sign up for there news letter....
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#18 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

Interesting. I just checked the FedEx website and FedEx charges a retail price of $14.30 for a one pound box to your zip code so the business account discounted price of $13.12 makes sense.

I also checked the UPS website and they want $15.27 for shipping.

Steve

They nuts or what? So ridiculous....hat ends up costing me 20.00....they want more then half the cost of the hat to ship it to me....sick man, sick!!!
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#19 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Also how do I go about getting the tracking numbers for my orders? Everytime I check all it says is its in the final stages of processing. I received my intercooler and panhard relocation bracket and was completely surprised to see them show up. It still says the order is still processing for those items and I have already got them. It would just be nice to have tracking numbers so I can know when to expect the items.

you don't....very poorly ran store...and there customer service blows......
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#20 OFFLINE   Cobras55

Cobras55

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 04-May 10

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

Cobra55 i order 3 t shirts 2 large 1 med womens to west virginia from Shelby Per. almost 16.00 for shipping i hope it comes in a big box :nonono:

Yea and lined in gold also.....lol.........
2010 GT500 - SOLD

Awaiting The New !!!

#21 OFFLINE   mgmustang1

mgmustang1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 11-March 11

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

I get emails sent to me whenever they have a sale, and all I did was sign up for there news letter....

I signed up at the end of april and haven't received anything yet. oh well just will buy there parts at other stores, like cjpony-free shipping
2010 GT500
F250

#22 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:22 AM

I signed up at the end of april and haven't received anything yet. oh well just will buy there parts at other stores, like cjpony-free shipping

Well, each retailer has its own schtick, and SPP's seems to be entirely based upon the perception of the brand and the premium it commands.

Lord knows there's no shortage of opportunities for PP to do better for its own benefit AND the sake of its customers, but teamshelby DOES belong to the Shelby brand - and it probably doesn't expect to find other turds being pimped in its own litter box. No?

That said, I tried to order online a butt-load of Extreme brakes and other items last night, only to find they were priced entirely differently upon being placed in the cart. Wish it could be easier.

#23 OFFLINE   mywickedshelby

mywickedshelby

Cogito Ergo Zoom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,680 posts
  • Joined 17-May 07
  • Interests:Occassionally

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

I love the Shelby stuff, order all the time and am generally happy with the received products........

but the shipping costs are a bit ridiculous...

I just put an order in yesterday .....and the shipping was $34.00

the deep draw hood I ordered...the shipping was $275.00........

calling to get a better & correct price is great but providing the best & correct price for shipping up front would be more professional.........

2007 Black SGT. CSM #2502

Masterfully Modified at MacKenzie Mustang Supply in Palm Springs, California

Deep Draw Hood (clears my Whipple without lowering the engine) and Painted Stripes / August 2011

4.6 Aluminator built by L&M Race Engines, Hatboro, PA. February 2012, 700hp!
Shelby Run Europe 2012 Participant! Driven in 36 US States and 11 Countries.........So far!

547869_10202350277620752_547696593_n.jpg

#24 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,672 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

I will admit that shipping has gone up....ALOT, but think about it. You are paying for a Box, the Tape to seal the Box, some one to pack the Box, The stuffing that goes in the Box to protect the item, The Shipping Company to come pick up the Box and take it to their Company to Process, the People Processing it, the Plane Ride to the next place for Prcessing, the Truck Rides to the other stops for Processing, then delivered to you. Thats a lot for $13 and change. That Box made several Stops and was handled by a several People and Computerized Machines before it got to you.

NOW........ personally, they could have put the Hat in a USPS "Priority Mail" Box for about $8.00 and got it to you in 3 Days with less Human Contact.

#25 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

I will admit that shipping has gone up....ALOT, but think about it. You are paying for a Box, the Tape to seal the Box, some one to pack the Box, The stuffing that goes in the Box to protect the item, The Shipping Company to come pick up the Box and take it to their Company to Process, the People Processing it, the Plane Ride to the next place for Prcessing, the Truck Rides to the other stops for Processing, then delivered to you. Thats a lot for $13 and change. That Box made several Stops and was handled by a several People and Computerized Machines before it got to you.

NOW........ personally, they could have put the Hat in a USPS "Priority Mail" Box for about $8.00 and got it to you in 3 Days with less Human Contact.

And that Priority box would not have had insurance or tracking information. There is a reason that the majority of businesses out there use FedEx and UPS.

Steve

Posted Image

#26 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

And that Priority box would not have had insurance or tracking information. There is a reason that the majority of businesses out there use FedEx and UPS.

Steve

How's that? Tracking, delivery confirmation, and even insurance is available for Priority Mail - just as most are available by any of the private services - for a fee.

#27 OFFLINE   sharon

sharon

MotorCityRoundUp.com

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,232 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Shelby, Dogs, Travel

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

We have used USPS in the past, they can not compete with the customer service that Fedex gives us. The email notification system, shipping, and damaged items. And most of our parts will not fit in the flat rate boxes. We also have seen a increase in shipping costs that we pay. We only increase to cover the cost of the packaging and some small handing fee.
Warner Robert Performance LLC TeamMustang.net

#28 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,672 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Steve

True, unless you pay for it.. Here, we use FedEx and have used UPS and being a Business, all packages are insured for $100.00 and if it is more, the price goes up. I understand using FedEx or UPS because they will automatically make Pick Ups at a certian time on a daily bassis. As I said in the first part of my first Post, Shipping is not cheap regaurdless of who you use.

#29 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

True, unless you pay for it.. Here, we use FedEx and have used UPS and being a Business, all packages are insured for $100.00 and if it is more, the price goes up. I understand using FedEx or UPS because they will automatically make Pick Ups at a certian time on a daily bassis. As I said in the first part of my first Post, Shipping is not cheap regaurdless of who you use.

David with you being a business owner I knew exactly where you were coming from :) I was pointing out that once you add insurance and signature confirmation that price gap narrows quite a bit.

Steve

Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 925 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Canada

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

I love the Shelby stuff, order all the time and am generally happy with the received products........

but the shipping costs are a bit ridiculous...

I just put an order in yesterday .....and the shipping was $34.00

the deep draw hood I ordered...the shipping was $275.00........

calling to get a better & correct price is great but providing the best & correct price for shipping up front would be more professional.........

I had ordered a signed Hertz hood from SPP which was a reasonable price I thought at $400.00 and the shipping was over $300.00 to Toronto.
Apparently shipping to Michigan for the same hood was offered at $160.00 and they are only a few hours drive from me.

Needless to say I cancelled the order..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users