#91 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Jer,

Got the PM. Wow! What a reduction.

Many thanks,

Don

Hawaii's bringing up a weird computer glitch. We're working on it.
Glad I could take care of you, I appreciate your patience.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#92 OFFLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Jer, you continue to go above and beyond. Something really lost in most customer service any more. Shelby is lucky to have you.
JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
1999 F-350 Powerstoke Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 Coyote, PA Auto with paddle shift
1972 Ford F100 Shortbed 390 auto
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 - Wifes driver

#93 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Jer, you continue to go above and beyond. Something really lost in most customer service any more. Shelby is lucky to have you.

Thanks, Jeff. Much appreciated.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#94 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 13,925 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

+1 On that

#95 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Just an update to speak to the original post here, I'm working with a consultant team to re-evaluate every aspect of our shipping costs and procedures here, and I expect to be able to offer our customers more choices and better value from SPP in the near future.

Jer

Lift #15

#96 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 864 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Other

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks, Jer, for all of us who have been frustrated in the past with the shipping charges. Great job on getting my recent order out at an affordable shipping price that was almost a third of the original quote. I received my order in just a week! There are ways that do work for all of us.

Don

#97 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

This is a major analysis, with custom software (not cheap) and an outside auditing agency, because I want to get it right - our customers need a better solution. I always hated that SPP had no shipping choices, it felt like "click here, and we'll ship it to ya!".... lame.

Remember that I'm a longtime SPP customer first and foremost. And I know what drove me nuts!

Jer

Edited by Jer, 06 December 2012 - 07:20 AM.

Lift #15

#98 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
  • Interests:Cars, Travelling, Photography, Cycling, Boating, Walking
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for being all over this Jer. The shipping costs to Canada have always been a source of frustration for me.
Looking forward to the results of your review.
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#99 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
  • Interests:Cars, Travelling, Photography, Cycling, Boating, Walking
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

I ordered some parts the other day & was pleasantly surprised. I got a choice of two costs!

One was $6.xx for a non trackable package or $26.xx for one I could track. I went with the higher of the two this time around but it was verrrry nice to have a choice. For anyone comparing costs that was for the billet seat levers and a windshield banner sticker.

I'd say the review went well. Thanks Jer :)
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#100 OFFLINE   tjys

tjys

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Just an update to speak to the original post here, I'm working with a consultant team to re-evaluate every aspect of our shipping costs and procedures here, and I expect to be able to offer our customers more choices and better value from SPP in the near future.

Jer

Thanks Jer. I would order more parts but when I needed to order a $21 shifter sleeve because of poor, or lack of, Shebly website links for your shifter ball and was told $27 to ship the part to Hawaii - I was positive there had to be a mistake. When I questioned the cost I was essentially told to find another manufacturer. I had my brother order the part and deliver it to OH for $9 and he shipped the sleeve to me via USPS for $1.44. Over 4X the shipping cost from NV to OH versus OH to HI?? Something is desperately wrong here.

Edited by tjys, 21 December 2012 - 12:28 PM.

2011 GT500 Convertible
2011 GTS V6 Convertible - CSM 11GTS0034

Tamashira Market.jpg

#101 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,941 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have been wanting to order several of the Terlingua Key Chains and the 50Th Anniversary Key Chains ($6.95 each) but I am not about to pay over $8.00 for Shipping.

Maybe SPP should check into...........USPS Priority Mail......."IF IT FITS IT SHIPS".

#102 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

I have been wanting to order several of the Terlingua Key Chains and the 50Th Anniversary Key Chains ($6.95 each) but I am not about to pay over $8.00 for Shipping.

Maybe SPP should check into...........USPS Priority Mail......."IF IT FITS IT SHIPS".

Go back and start reading this thread at Post #95.
USPS is on our "things to do" list as we rebuild the entire shipping system here. Relief is on the way.

Jer

Lift #15

#103 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 864 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

A lot of companies do use USPS because they think that they have pay an employee to drive to the Post Office and wait in line. Wrong. Get a Pitney Bowes mailing meter unit and the problem is solved.

#104 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

A lot of companies do use USPS because they think that they have pay an employee to drive to the Post Office and wait in line. Wrong. Get a Pitney Bowes mailing meter unit and the problem is solved.

Oh, I wish it were that easy.
In a company like ours, with online sales, car production, mod shops to support, take-off parts processing, drop-shipping for our dealers (when you buy Shelby parts elsewhere, guess where they usually ship from?), a speed shop, a museum/gift shop, etc... the integration is much more complex. You are correct in principle, but in practice, it's a far bigger undertaking. As I said, I'm working on it.

Jer

Lift #15

#105 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 864 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

At least you are working on it, Jer, which is very commendable and appreciated.

#106 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

At least you are working on it, Jer, which is very commendable and appreciated.

Thanks, I think you'll all really appreciate the changes in cost, convenience, and versatility I'm trying to build into the system.
The first time someone buys a part, gets to select "Overnight Shipping", specifies their own "Signature Required" option (or not), and gets their stuff the next day, it will all be worth it.

Jer

Lift #15

#107 OFFLINE   rdrawkit

rdrawkit

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12
  • Interests:fast cars....faster women....music
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

REFRESH  Jer   I would really love to have Shelby Parts on my Shelby...   But the shipping will kill all savings..  I wanted  to order the Shelby handling pack(ant-roll kit) cost of $400... Shipping to Canada (Ontario) will cost apprx $200 ..50% of the cost of the part.. Sorry but I cannot afford this and will have to do without  most  Shelby Parts.. :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

#108 OFFLINE   06H275

06H275

Team Shelby New Member

• Canada Region
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 25-March 08
  • Interests:Fast cars and fine wines. And of course my Family!
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just saying....if you order another $200.00 worth of merchandise, the shipping will probably stay the same. So your 50% goes to 25% or less if you order more. I usually order a bunch of stuff once a year just for that reason.

garage2013013_zpsff72b175.jpg

2006 Shelby GT-H 40th Anniversary #275
2012 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 50th Anniversary #23

#109 OFFLINE   msb64

msb64

Team Shelby New Member

• Canada Region
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 23-December 08

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

REFRESH  Jer   I would really love to have Shelby Parts on my Shelby...   But the shipping will kill all savings..  I wanted  to order the Shelby handling pack(ant-roll kit) cost of $400... Shipping to Canada (Ontario) will cost apprx $200 ..50% of the cost of the part.. Sorry but I cannot afford this and will have to do without  most  Shelby Parts.. :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

If you have a parcel service available on the U.S. side close to you, then you can save yourself a fair amount.

I like to order larger items, arrange for several items to make the trip worthwhile, and then have them sent to Pembina ND.

That way I can run down on a Saturday morning and pick them up.

You will have to pay pst and gst on them, but you will have a vastly reduced shipping charge and no brokerage fees.

Some vendors even offer free shipping and handling in the U.S. periodically, which is a heck of a deal.

Duty will apply to any items from countries that Canada does not have a free trade agreement with, such as China.

Just make sure you have all the correct invoices on hand before heading down for pickup, or Canada Customs will not let you bring them back.

#110 OFFLINE   rdrawkit

rdrawkit

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12
  • Interests:fast cars....faster women....music
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Yes I agree with both previous responses..  But some companies will not send to a PO # for me to cross over to pick up.   I agree I should order more to save shipping costs but it seems like hit and miss which companies will deliver to PO #. I have  ordered  other parts thru the 1st class US international(no-tracking) mail and I  am always worried if the packages make it without losing them thru the mail....Just saying

#111 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Read my post above. We're changing our shipping dramatically.

First, however, we're moving the entire company across town, so... priorities, priorities... LOL

Jer

Lift #15

#112 OFFLINE   06H275

06H275

Team Shelby New Member

• Canada Region
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 25-March 08
  • Interests:Fast cars and fine wines. And of course my Family!
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hurry up with that will ya Jer!!

garage2013013_zpsff72b175.jpg

2006 Shelby GT-H 40th Anniversary #275
2012 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 50th Anniversary #23

#113 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hurry up with that will ya Jer!!

:hysterical2:

Lift #15

#114 OFFLINE   ShelbyKR664

ShelbyKR664

ShelbyKR664

• South Atlantic Region
  • 956 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Family, Shelby Mustangs, Restoring vintage Mustangs, Golf, Landscape Architecture , Fantasy Baseball
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Jer, may I suggest having a super summer sale (25% off) free shipping and a free Team Shelby t-shirt with any order over$100. This will help clean out the warehouse and make many a Shelby owner very happy.. Win,win!
CSM# 08KR0664 Silver/Blue 181 of 476 Purchased May 12,2013 Delivered June 3, 2013.Shaker 1000, LED interior lighting, KR Billet engine caps Moroso fuse box cover and aluminum radiator tank, Shelby GT500KR MC brake cover, 20" Alcoa "Shelby Forged" 20 x 9 x 4 GT500KR center caps Sumitomo HRTZ III 275/35/20! carbon fiberrear splash guards made by TruFiberShelby Redline Elites low pressure hood strutsStainless bolt kit engine bayShelby GT500KR trunk liner Shelby billet GT500KR fuel doorBillet shorty antenna Billet cup cover deleteSequential tail light kitFuture Mods:Functional: Shelby Watts link, Shelby 3 gauge dash pod, Brembo F&R 14" rotor upgrade, CF drive shaft, Shelby transmission coolerCosmetic: CF rockers, radiator cover, CF center console cover, Shelby rear trunk strut, transmission scoop cooler, KR shifter ball (Silver/blue,when available)

#115 OFFLINE   Torch40

Torch40

Charter Member Team 40th

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,612 posts
  • Joined 18-October 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:cannot be left blank

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

I do not expect a lot of comments on this ...

Boy was he wrong.  :drop:

2007 Torch Red GT500 40th completed 5/22/08
638 RWHP 581 Torque

4/06/11 Pick up 2011 GT350 # 50
624 HP Polished Supercharger, Watts Link, Shelby Brakes, Museum Delivery

Proud Member of Team 40th

DSC02050_2-1.jpgGT350PickupApril6th2011008-1.jpgGT350PickupApril6th2011017-1.jpgshelbybash020-1.jpg

217f3814-fd2e-449b-8016-bfce95db752a_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users