Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,399 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

Just passing this along. This was sent to the Northwoods Shelby Club

I am a Picture Car Coordinator. That means I locate and liaison vehicles for film and television production. While there are giant rental facilities on both coasts, there is little in that way here in the Midwest. Additionally, the rental fees at those facilities are such that even huge budget films like Public Enemies (Johnny Depp as John Dillinger) that spent upwards of $200 million always look to private owners first.

Which is where I come in. They task me with bringing them specific, often hard-to-find vehicles, as well as background cars; often on a fairly tight deadline.

For an upcoming production, I need to come up with an AC Cobra and a 1968-'74 era Ferrari— or a reasonable facsimiles. Kit Cars are fine. I have been and will continue to hunt for these and other vehicles the traditional way, but I'm thinking you may have a shortcut for my search.

At this point there's not much more I can add to my original email, except that to say that it stars William H. Macy and Sienna Miller, and I expect it to be a significant film; to assure owners that their vehicle would be insured, and that I'd encourage them to contact me to find out more. If they don't like what I have to say, they can walk away at virtually any point. No one is on the hook, and most contracts are on a daily basis, so the owners hold most of the leverage throughout. We take very careful care of vehicles in our charge.

I'd be happy to explain to you — or whomever would be appropriate — how the process works (including payment), as well as to offer references, insurance paperwork, etc. in order to verify I am who I say I am and this request is both legit and honorable.

I hope to hear from you,

Michael Keeney

Key Media Entertainment

608-358-9709

keymediaentertainment@gmail.com

2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#2 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,193 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Your Cobra request might get a better response (due to the larger number of participants) at the www.clubcobra.com forum.
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#3 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,399 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

Your Cobra request might get a better response (due to the larger number of participants) at the www.clubcobra.com forum.

This is not my request, just passing along
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#4 OFFLINE   doc scott

doc scott

Team Shelby Member

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:cars,surfing,4-wheeling,music,scotch

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

I know a guy, take to me at Tulsa, Also may know a Ferrarri owner, I'llgive him a shout
Doc Scott

Re-read, see you are passing along, I'll forward to people I was tin king of

Edited by doc scott, 11 June 2011 - 02:46 PM.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some ass......And I'm all out of bubble gum.
Grand High Muckity-Muck TRT Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users