Photo

Official UOA thread with oil poll

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: What oil are you currently using in your Shelby 5.4L? (160 member(s) have cast votes)

What oil are you currently using in your Shelby 5.4L?

1. Voted Motorcraft 5W-50 (66 votes [41.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.25%

2. Castrol 5W-50 (27 votes [16.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.88%

3. Pennzoil 5W-50 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Mobil 1 5W-50 (11 votes [6.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.88%

5. Mobil 1 15W-50 (6 votes [3.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

6. Red Line 5W-50 (19 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

7. Amsoil 10W-40 (21 votes [13.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.12%

8. Amsoil 10W-30 (3 votes [1.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.88%

9. Other (post what you are using) (7 votes [4.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

This thread is about ME wanting YOUR used oil analysis reports, not selling Amsoil (yet another failed assumption on your part). Conoco-Phillips pours their lubricant into a Ford Motorcraft container, so technically...it's not Ford's either, just a lubricant that follows a criteria of specifications that Ford requested. They could have met Ford's requirements with a much better formulation.

It does however show the superior formulation of true synthetic lubricants. Even Red Line 5W-50 did a far superior job in the single UOA than any other sample of Motorcraft. You can deny....deny...deny...all you choose. 68' can debate that a UOA is a small scope of focus, and I agree that is is, but that does not discredit the UOA spreadsheet I am creating. The more Motorcraft samples I add to the list, the more FAIL I see. Jesus....just look at the wear numbers when people use Motorcraft.

Ford isn't in the oil business....they are in the business of building cars. Bean counters at Ford, and other auto manufacturers, have made choices that effect internal engine wear in the past, yet made them more money. CAFE laws and 5W-20....ever heard of it? Stop defending a company that is just like anyone should be....concerned that their product performs up to expectation, but spares expenses that most may not notice they never had. This is the difference between "sufficient" and "excellence". I don't do sufficient.

Last thing, do NOT bash something unless you have tried it. With that being said, no more comments about 10W-40 true synthetic not showing the improvements I have posted about until you have tried it for yourself. I will warn you ahead of time...you will not use anything else if you ever did.

#32 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,316 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

...those of you who still insist to use Motorcraft 5W-50 compared to a true synthetic 10W-40 are fools.

:tease:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#33 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,316 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

.... I'm listening to what Ford recommends and not some unknown Amsoil salesman.

Secondo...

Showed this thread to a good friend of mine who use to race in Nascar. He said poppy cock.

And also said, "Amsoil salesman were generally wierd and typically fanatics. Probably sleeping with thier oil!"

You and I? We're just fools... :fool:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

#34 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

Need DOHC alloy big-block!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

Secondo...

Showed this thread to a good friend of mine who use to race in Nascar. He said poppy cock.

And also said, "Amsoil salesman were generally wierd and typically fanatics. Probably sleeping with thier oil!"

You and I? We're just fools... :fool:

:rofl: ...amen!

Edited by 68fastback, 27 September 2011 - 11:55 AM.

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

"One man with courage is a majority." --Thomas Jefferson

#35 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

Motorcraft 5W-50 wouldn't survive the torture of NASCAR....and trying to spin this around that it's because of a bias on Amsoil....that's comedy. I will say this yet again....I'm a believer in true synthetics, not the "highly refined petroleum" many have adopted as "just as good". Now that's "Poppy Cock."

For use in the Shelby, lubricants better than MC 5W-50 are....

Royal Purple 10W-40
Red Line 10W-40
Amsoil 10W-40
Mobil 1 0W-40 (oh man....did the "Amsoil" guy just say Mobil 1?)

all of which use only true synthetic base stocks and robust additive packs. This proves my point about the "biased" comments.

NASCAR uses only true synthetic lubricants with racing levels of ZDDP and very robust additive packages. This is a far cry from the formulation used on MC 5W-50. You will never see refined petroleum being used in NASCAR engines during any event.

Edited by UnleashedBeast, 27 September 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#36 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,316 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

Motorcraft 5W-50 wouldn't survive the torture of NASCAR....and trying to spin this around that it's because of a bias on Amsoil....that's comedy. I will say this yet again....I'm a believer in true synthetics, not the "highly refined petroleum" many have adopted as "just as good". Now that's "Poppy Cock."

For use in the Shelby, lubricants better than MC 5W-50 are....

Royal Purple 10W-40
Red Line 10W-40
Amsoil 10W-40
Mobil 1 0W-40 (oh man....did the "Amsoil" guy just say Mobil 1?)

all of which use only true synthetic base stocks and robust additive packs. This proves my point about the "biased" comments.

NASCAR uses only true synthetic lubricants with racing levels of ZDDP and very robust additive packages. This is a far cry from the formulation used on MC 5W-50. You will never see refined petroleum being used in NASCAR engines during any event.

I never said they used Motorcraft in Nascar. Mobil 1 is the oil of choice and my buddies oil of choice. He wanted to put it in my Shelby, but I stuck with MC.

And, are you saying MC oil isn't a full synthetic oil? But a highly refined petroleum? Wouldn't that be false advertising? The product clearly states it's FULL Synthetic. :headscratch:

And stop being so daymn demeaning. We are not all "Gods gift to the oil industry" like you. I joined this thread to try and learn something and you called everyone a "Fool" that disagrees with you. Not smart... :nonono:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#37 OFFLINE   Boss Hoss 540

Boss Hoss 540

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Competitive Shooting, Hunting, Driving both GT 500m and modified Raptor..... "It Is Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away"

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

I never said they used Motorcraft in Nascar. Mobil 1 is the oil of choice and my buddies oil of choice. He wanted to put it in my Shelby, but I stuck with MC.

And, are you saying MC oil isn't a full synthetic oil? But a highly refined petroleum? Wouldn't that be false advertising? The product clearly states it's FULL Synthetic. :headscratch:

And stop being so daymn demeaning. We are not all "Gods gift to the oil industry" like you. I joined this thread to try and learn something and you called everyone a "Fool" that disagrees with you. Not smart... :nonono:

If you think that the Motorcraft is a Real Synthetic you need to do some more research. Uncle is the one who defines the term "synthetic" and it is not what you think. This is a well known fact among oil junkies..... Key Term is Synthetic PAO Base Stocks.

Very Very few of the oils that call themselves synthetic are Group V.

#38 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

Boss Hoss is correct. Lubricants off the shelf that actually are 100% pure PAO group IV base stocks are far and few between. In Mobil 1's line up...this is all they have that do not contain group III "highly refined petroleum" base stocks.

0W-30, 0W-40, 5W-40, 5W-50, and 15W-50 in their main line lubricants. Then they have their Extended Performance line 5W-20, 5W-30, and 10W-30.

Everything else in Mobil 1's line up contains a mixture of group III refined petroleum. Sad but true, and why I crap on Mobil 1 so hard. They mislead the public, but they are not the only ones who do.

Pennzoil Platinum is also a group III/group IV mixture. Pennzoil Ultra is 100% group III. In their defense, they openly told us on BITOG that they used 100% group III in Ultra, but I do not agree it sells for more money than Platinum. Let me see if I understand this correctly...you want to use a cheaper base stock, yet charge more for it. FAIL!

Now, let's get back to Motorcraft 5W-50. If it were a true synthetic...the shearing percentages would be much less than the current 35%. Red Line 5W-50, which is a true group IV/group V blend, only shears about 10%. What Conoco-Phillips did with MC 5W-50 is chose a cheaper heavy 30 grade group III base stock, blended it with smaller amounts of group IV. Then they added viscosity improving polymers to not allow it to thin past a 50 grade lubricant at temperature. The problem is....these polymers wear out rapidly and allow the lubricant to resume it's "native" viscosity.

Guess what else MC 5W-50 fails at...NOACK Volatility. It has a very high burn off percentage (around 13%) due to the cheaper base stock content and VI polymers. True synthetic lubricant range from 5.7% to 7.8%. Amsoil 10W-30 is 5.7% and Amsoil 10W-40 is 6.7%. Want to see the effects of high NOACK with cheaper base stock lubricants....click on the link below and look at how it sludges up the intercooler.

Death of a TVS

first few wipes to see how bad it's caked on, and yeah...it's pretty bad.

Posted Image

and after cleaning

Posted Image

Like I said, MC 5W-50 is sufficient to protect your engine from wear and allow it to last for a reasonable amount of miles. Although, it is an inferior formulation that has too many flaws that could be corrected by using a true synthetic lubricant as pointed out in this post.

Edited by UnleashedBeast, 28 September 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#39 OFFLINE   2010KB

2010KB

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 09-February 10

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

If you think that the Motorcraft is a Real Synthetic you need to do some more research. Uncle is the one who defines the term "synthetic" and it is not what you think. This is a well known fact among oil junkies..... Key Term is Synthetic PAO Base Stocks.

Very Very few of the oils that call themselves synthetic are Group V.

+1

#40 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Chart in post #1 has been updated with three new Motorcraft samples. The chart was also reworked to make it easier to read.

#41 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Red Line is group-V ...does that make it far superior to Amsoil and does the UoA data support that? ;)

Edited by 68fastback, 29 September 2011 - 07:09 PM.

"There's no magic involved in racing, just science and physics." --Austin Coil, Force Racing head crew-chief

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clark, noted author and futurist

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict." --Carroll Hall Shelby

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford

"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have." --Thomas Alva Edison

#42 OFFLINE   Boss Hoss 540

Boss Hoss 540

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11
  • Interests:Competitive Shooting, Hunting, Driving both GT 500m and modified Raptor..... "It Is Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away"

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

Redline is good stuff and is what I would run if Amsoil was not available.

Edited by Boss Hoss 540, 30 September 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#43 OFFLINE   Torch40

Torch40

Charter Member Team 40th

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,612 posts
  • Joined 18-October 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:cannot be left blank

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

I have not read this in a while. The fools are leading the pack in oil usage. I guess all those dopes don’t care about “shear”. :hysterical:

This has to be one of the most entertaining threads ever. (Not counting the Girls in Mustangs thread)

2007 Torch Red GT500 40th completed 5/22/08
638 RWHP 581 Torque

4/06/11 Pick up 2011 GT350 # 50
624 HP Polished Supercharger, Watts Link, Shelby Brakes, Museum Delivery

Proud Member of Team 40th

DSC02050_2-1.jpgGT350PickupApril6th2011008-1.jpgGT350PickupApril6th2011017-1.jpgshelbybash020-1.jpg

217f3814-fd2e-449b-8016-bfce95db752a_zps

#44 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Redline is good stuff and is what I would run if Amsoil was not available.

So Amsoil, a group-IV, is somehow beter than RadLine, a group-V?

---

I would run RedLine over Amsoil in a dedicated racer, but I'd run MC 5W50 over both in a GT500 that seens regular street use -- even if it makes 700rwHP (for all the reasons I've previously stated in this tread an d others)..

#45 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Red Line is group-V ...does that make it far superior to Amsoil and does the UoA data support that? ;)

So Amsoil, a group-IV, is somehow beter than RadLine, a group-V?

---

I would run RedLine over Amsoil in a dedicated racer, but I'd run MC 5W50 over both in a GT500 that seens regular street use -- even if it makes 700rwHP (for all the reasons I've previously stated in this tread an d others)..

Red Line so far in their 5W-50 formulation has shown me that TBN doesn't last very long. I know the experts agree that group V esters make up for this, but we shall see. Red Line performed WELL in wear metal readings. Is it better than Amsoil, no....is Amsoil better than Red Line, no again. They both have their place in the industry.

You choosing Red Line for racing is smart. Choosing MC 5W-50 for street instead of Red Line, well...that's a horse of a different color. I guess if you do not have the desire to gain maximum efficiency, power, and mpg from your engine on the street, please...keep using MC. I challenge you sir....use a true synthetic 10W-40 from Red Line, Amsoil, or Royal Purple....you WILL experience a noticeable difference.

If you fail to accept my challenge, then you honestly have no right to debate this topic with me, or anyone else, anymore.

I have not read this in a while. The fools are leading the pack in oil usage. I guess all those dopes don’t care about “shear”. :hysterical:

This has to be one of the most entertaining threads ever. (Not counting the Girls in Mustangs thread)

MC 5W-50 is used more not because it's the BEST for these cars.....it's only because Ford directly endorses the use of it with scare tactics. Honestly, the scare tactics come from those who have no clue how engine lubricants are spec'd, tested, and measured. Most have no clue about the technology the physics involved, and just ride the "Ford doesn't recommend it, then it must be bad".

If people were more open minded, and not just ready to jump on the "Ford approved sufficient" bandwagon....MC would be dead last in the poll. If someone could drive a car with fresh MC 5W-50 and fresh true synthetic 10W-40....they would never get back into the 5W-50 car.

Edited by UnleashedBeast, 30 September 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#46 OFFLINE   butch12573

butch12573

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 07-June 07

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

Just curious how many engine failures have been caused by using MC 5W-50 or any engine oil for that matter

#47 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

Just curious how many engine failures have been caused by using MC 5W-50 or any engine oil for that matter

"sufficient" doesn't mean engine failures, do not make it out to be more than it is.

Now had you asked me how much oil I have found in superchargers and upper intake manifolds in cars that are using MC 5W-50...., now that is something of significance. NOACK Volatility

#48 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,316 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

UB...
Got a great pm from Boss Hoss. Thanks Boss...

I guess if you do not have the desire to gain maximum efficiency, power, and mpg from your engine on the street, please...keep using MC. I challenge you sir....use a true synthetic 10W-40 from Red Line, Amsoil, or Royal Purple....you WILL experience a noticeable difference.

If you fail to accept my challenge, then you honestly have no right to debate this topic with me, or anyone else, anymore.

So... You mention "noticeable dfference" would you elaborate more than above?

Will accept your challenge the next time I change the oil. Can't hurt anything...

JG

:salute:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#49 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

UOA chart updated yet again in post #1

I'm shocked at how fast the results are in. The sample was just sent off via UPS on Tuesday afternoon. WOW! Good job Polaris Labs. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Lab technicians do not think sometimes, but I can't blame them....they don't know the vehicle as well as I do, and have to test so many samples, so I decided to clarify some things.

Abrasives (silicon/dirt) are at a MODERATE LEVEL;

Really? If you would look at the three previous samples taken from this engine, you would have seen that the silicon levels are declining after every oil change. This is due to the sealants used to assemble the engine, and not dust contamination from a faulty air filter.

Infrared results indicate OXIDATION is
MODERATELY HIGH;

How can you make that assumption without a virgin sample from the same batch? This is the normal range for PAO synthetics. :dw:

Flagged additive levels are different than what should be present for the lubricant that is identified for
this unit. (This does not imply that the lubricant does not meet proper API, SAE, or ISO classifications.);

That's because you have the virgin specs for the old Amsoil 10W-30. The new signature series 10W-30 had a big change in the additive package. ZDDP was reduced, Moly and Boron were added to compensate. If they had the new specs...Moly, Boron, and Magnesium would not be flagged, as it's native to the virgin sample. Finally I have more solid proof that Moly and Boron is a great substitute for lower levels of ZDDP.

Manganese is flagged for a good reason. This is what happens when you use Torco. The more you use, the higher ppm this will be.

Now that we have that out of the way....check out how beautiful the metal wear numbers are. I'm very happy with these results, and so far are the best from any sample in the list, my previous samples included. Amsoil 10W-30 is dominating the performance in my engine, and the oil pressure in my car is slightly improved over 10W-40. I can only imagine the improvement over un-sheared 5W-50. :)

Virgin Amsoil 10W-30 viscosity is 10.5 cSt...and it remained exactly that...10.5 (zero % shearing).

TBN is still over 8, so that means this lubricant could be used for many more miles.

Retesting when the car is slightly over 12,000 miles.

#50 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 5,306 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Lab technicians do not think sometimes, but I can't blame them....they don't know the vehicle as well as I do, and have to test so many samples, so I decided to clarify some things.

:rolleyes:

Too much.

:talkhand:

And why would anyone put 10W-30 in a high-HP engine that requires 5W-50? :fool:

#51 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

:rolleyes:

Too much.

:talkhand:

And why would anyone put 10W-30 in a high-HP engine that requires 5W-50? :fool:

Secondo, it is because we are witnessing the hazing ceremony of an fraternity Amsoil ...I can see it in the eyes of the beast, I tell ya ....those words -- especially in the last few posts but also in many others over the oil ages -- are the words of someone hypnotized by UoAs. An AMsoil zealot! They are dangerous -- not just content to make their own oil choices, they relish Amsoil proselytizing. They will only be satisfied when they have converted all you pathetic non-believers into 'enlightened' practicing Amsoil zealot drones! Amsoil proselytizing is in their oily blood -- it is a sacred obligation coded in DNA and passed down from generation to generation -- on the SAE chromosome. It compells them to save all others from logic and self-thought ...the drive comes from deep within. It is not their fault. They cannot help themselves -- they are driven by mysterious forces and selective beliefs thought to eminate from the great Am -- the Savior of the Oil universe -- out just beyond the great Group-X ring, in the additive cluster known as 10W30. Yes! It is planet Amsoil. Believe and heall thyself, oh disbeleivers!! All bow the great Am!! Ammmmmm. Ammmmm. Ammmmm :worship:

:hysterical: ...sorry, it came to me in a dream ;)

#52 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Awesome sarcastic humor....but any true synthetic 10W-30 in Royal Purple, Red Line, Amsoil, or even Mobil 1 EP would have yield similar results....so that makes your comedy, just that...comedy.

and to better answer Secondo's question....obviously because I understand the physics and know that the cooling modifications I have done to my engine do not require as viscous of lubricant. It's OK....you do not have to listen to me, but my challenge to you still remains.

Let's not forget about a great motto from the BITOG forums. "As thin as possible....as thick as necessary."

Edited by UnleashedBeast, 30 September 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#53 OFFLINE   Boss Hoss 540

Boss Hoss 540

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Awesome sarcastic humor....but any true synthetic 10W-30 in Royal Purple, Red Line, Amsoil, or even Mobil 1 EP would have yield similar results....so that makes your comedy, just that...comedy.

and to better answer Secondo's question....obviously because I understand the physics and know that the cooling modifications I have done to my engine do not require as viscous of lubricant. It's OK....you do not have to listen to me, but my challenge to you still remains.

Let's not forget about a great motto from the BITOG forums. "As thin as possible....as thick as necessary."

Don't worry about these folks---they are the same ones who use Turtle Wax on their cars LOL!!

#54 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Don't worry about these folks---they are the same ones who use Turtle Wax on their cars LOL!!

on their body....Ben Gay and Viagra. lol

#55 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

:hysterical: - doh! ;-)

#56 ONLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 5,306 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

:hysterical2: savior of the oil universe!!

Wow its getting pretty deep in here.

The only challenge here is for the OP snake-oil salesman to provide real-world performance and MPG tests. I believe the simplistic used-oil tests don't mean much at all, especially coming from someone who puts the incorrect weight oil in his GT500, throws Ford and its engineers under the bus and calls anyone fools for using Motorcraft oil. Oh, and for bragging in his signature that he puts Amsoil in his 94 Corsica.

And what do you use for an oil filter? Let me guess- anything but Motorcraft?

#57 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

The Motorcraft FL-820 oil filter is fine for shorter oil change intervals, and offers a lot of back for the buck. It doesn't have the ability to filter as small of particles like the nano fiber of the Amsoil EaO or the Royal Purple micro glass oil filters. The MC filter is built by the Purolator guys. No harm no foul there.

and for the last time....how many times do I have to tell you that MC 5W-50 doesn't remain a 50 weight lubricant? It shears to a heavy 30 weight lubricant. :doh:

Truth of the matter is...I have far more evidence to support my "Snake Oil" claims than you have to deny them. All you have is..."because Ford said so!" Yeah, that's really weak. Not to mention....the UOA results of every MC 5W-50 sample I have ever seen...SUCKS!

Gawd...that signature is so old, I don't even use it anywhere else. Please allow me to upgrade that to my new one.

Edited by UnleashedBeast, 03 October 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#58 OFFLINE   UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Since you brought up the subject....yes I use the Amsoil EaO11...and for darn good reason. Filters smaller microns more efficiently and offers better flow at the same time. They are built far superior to the MC 820, have a higher burst pressure strength, and offer longer periods of use.

Used Vs. Used

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New Vs. New (I know they are not the exact part numbers, but the same material...just different sized media.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

and for the facts that matter most....Amsoil compared their filter in the 20 micron test, even though it scores the same in the 15 micron test. The 820 only scores ~80% efficiency in the 15 micron test.

Posted Image

Edited by UnleashedBeast, 03 October 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#59 OFFLINE   68fastback

68fastback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Since you brought up the subject....yes I use the Amsoil EaO11...and for darn good reason. Filters smaller microns more efficiently and offers better flow at the same time. They are built far superior to the MC 820, have a higher burst pressure strength, and offer longer periods of use.

Used Vs. Used

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New Vs. New (I know they are not the exact part numbers, but the same material...just different sized media.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

and for the facts that matter most....Amsoil compared their filter in the 20 micron test, even though it scores the same in the 15 micron test. The 820 only scores ~80% efficiency in the 15 micron test.

Posted Image

Pardon my french, but what a load of crap!

In that first pic it's very clear that the Amsoil filter has considerably fewer pleats (and they also appear somewhat shorter too) for considerably less total filter-media area. Now you're saying they also filter finer particles too. Clearly that must result in more material being removed from the oil, so the Amsoil filter would have to clog up earlier *or* go into bypass *or* both -- *OR* the magic filtering is bogus ....or Amsoil filter meida is made from unobtanium from planet Am which defies the known laws of terrestrial physics for filter media. Then, at the bottom you show an MC FL1A which is not even for these cars and is a much larger filter -- which is why it can have less pleats in the media and still have plenty of filter area. And clearly Toyota and Honda also don't know what they're doing from that chart -- only the great Am does -doh!

I've had enough snake-oil BS for the day -lol. You are proselyetizing a brand and likely have some affiliation or personal involvement/benefit -- direct or indirect -- with Amsoil. You've crossed over the line from discussing to blatantly 'pushing' a product/brand without paying a vendor license fee to the site -- in violation of your site registration agreement? I think so.

Clever how some products use advocates to get around the FCC internet 'shill' disclosure rules of recent.

#60 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 35,121 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

Pardon my french, but what a load of crap!

In that first pic it's very clear that the Amsoil filter has considerably fewer pleats (and they also appear somewhat shorter too) for considerably less total filter-media area. Now you're saying they also filter finer particles too. Clearly that must result in more material being removed from the oil, so the Amsoil filter would have to clog up earlier *or* go into bypass *or* both -- *OR* the magic filtering is bogus ....or Amsoil filter meida is made from unobtanium from planet Am which defies the known laws of terrestrial physics for filter media. Then, at the bottom you show an MC FL1A which is not even for these cars and is a much larger filter -- which is why it can have less pleats in the media and still have plenty of filter area. And clearly Toyota and Honda also don't know what they're doing from that chart -- only the great Am does -doh!

I've had enough snake-oil BS for the day -lol. You are proselyetizing a brand and likely have some affiliation or personal involvement/benefit -- direct or indirect -- with Amsoil. You've crossed over the line from discussing to blatantly 'pushing' a product/brand without paying a vendor license fee to the site -- in violation of your site registration agreement? I think so.

Clever how some products use advocates to get around the FCC internet 'shill' disclosure rules of recent.

I will send him Robert Lanes e-mail so he can sign up to be a site vendor.
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users