Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 2,922 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

http://calgary.kijij...QAdIdZ301520895

If anyone is interested, seems quite cheap but I don't think its numbers matching, about 10 minutes from my house if anyone is interested and wants me to take a look

Edited by Larry T, 30 July 2011 - 08:58 AM.

NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#2 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
  • Interests:The wife, the kids and Shelby's

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hey Larry,

thanks for the message regarding this car. I had a look at the ad and one big thing jumps out at me. The Shelby engine tags appears to be a reproduction. it looks like the Shelby number reads 1968 and if this is so then I know it a fake because the true #1968 for the 68 model year is a GT350 black convertible, black interior with a white top and 4 speed stick, so if the owner is trying to say that the Shelby Vin tag is stamped 1968 to represent the year........ well then we know there is something fishy with this car.

It sure looks like a reproduction Shelby VIN Tag so I would definitely question what happened to the original VIN tag. Looks mighty suspicious to me.

QSS

Edit: I had another look at the ad and I'm sure it says 1968 for the Shelby # and the stamping on the VIN tag looks all wrong. I don't think the tag is an original. I don't know about the rest of the car.

Edited by QuickSilverShelby, 30 July 2011 - 12:49 PM.

"I wanna go where the beer flows like wine"

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#3 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 2,922 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hey Larry,

thanks for the message regarding this car. I had a look at the ad and one big thing jumps out at me. The Shelby engine tags appears to be a reproduction. it looks like the Shelby number reads 1968 and if this is so then I know it a fake because the true #1968 for the 68 model year is a GT350 black convertible, black interior with a white top and 4 speed stick, so if the owner is trying to say that the Shelby Vin tag is stamped 1968 to represent the year........ well then we know there is something fishy with this car.

It sure looks like a reproduction Shelby VIN Tag so I would definitely question what happened to the original VIN tag. Looks mighty suspicious to me.

QSS

Edit: I had another look at the ad and I'm sure it says 1968 for the Shelby # and the stamping on the VIN tag looks all wrong. I don't think the tag is an original. I don't know about the rest of the car.

NP .... I know you would have a better idea then me.

Also seller has emailed me and the car is sold

Edited by Larry T, 30 July 2011 - 07:15 PM.

NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users