Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, Travelling, Photography, Cycling, Boating, Walking
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Violet & I got home from the 32nd International Mustang Meet (Spokane, WA) earlier today..we were carrying an extra bit of luggage but more of that later.

Pulling a show ready car out of the garage on Thursday morning Violet saw rain for just the fifth time in her sheltered life, this lasted for the first four hours of the trip - a good excuse to drive faster though to stop the rain coming in...I did mention this was top down all the way, right? Ten hours and nearly 800km later we pulled into Spokane with a lovely grey film all over her bodywork.

The route was simple enough, highway #3 all the way from the Hat, through the crowsnest pass to the Idaho border..down the I95, across on highway #2 to the I90;
http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

After a few (ten) hours of cleaning the car I arrived in looked like the one I left in :drool: ....... showday, saturday, came and the UKPONY sat in the 2005-09 Shelby, Non GT500, Modified class to be judged by our fellow entrants (I will point out that due to rather severe sunburn on my legs I didn't wander around to take pics of the other rides but I will find some, somewhere and post the link here....anyhow..here's a few pics of my baby;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now back to that extra piece of luggage on the return trip;

Posted Image :happy feet:
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#2 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,635 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

Congrats!

Sweet pics. Car looks fantastic! How many miles on her?

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#3 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

She now has about 18,300 miles on the clock. 1023 of those were added during this trip.
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#4 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

The pics and videos are starting to emerge;

http://www.facebook....ldFKDib46wkWUMg

http://rdalrt.smugmu...6815355_hxknZxp

will add more as I find them

Edited by UK PONY, 07 September 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   08SC0023

08SC0023

Team Shelby New Member

• Mountain Region
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 31-May 10
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Mustangs and Shelbys, motorcycles

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Looking good, congrats!

#6 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 3,204 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Looking good, congrats!

Awesome job!!!
NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#7 OFFLINE   richstang

richstang

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Joined 11-December 10
  • Interests:The usual; Mustangs, Shelbys, Cobras, Ford GTs, and yes even Cougars.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Your Shelby CS looks great even with a few miles. Glad to hear you are enjoying some pavement time!

Congrats on the 1st place plackard. (I like those better than trophies.)

#8 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Delayed response...lol

Thanks guys - a lot of people assumed that she was trailered there rather than driven....I guess I should take that as a compliment to my detailing skills..lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users