Photo

Stripes or no stripes - What would you suggest?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake

SVT Power

• Great Lakes Region
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Race and show

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I prefer the SVTPP stripes which is what I have. One dilemma I ran into was whether to put the front license plate on or leave it off. In my state, one must have two plates on their car. So I opted for the stripes, but refuse to drill holes in the bumper. Decided if I get pulled over at anytime, Ill pay the fine. To date, no pull overs and happy with the stripes.

You may want to add this into your thinking about stripes. Personally, if I was going to have a front license plate, I'd go stripe delete. No front plate, go stipes.
2012 GT500
Electronics Pkg, SVTPP, Recaro's
"Long live the Condors!"

Modifications and enhancements:
JLT Oil Separator (Passenger) side, clear anodized.
Lloyd GT500 plush carpet mats for interior and trunk.
2.6 mm Metco blower pully
90mm Metco idler pulley
Custom tune by PPG (556rwhp, 531 rwtorq)
NGK TR6 spark plugs
Shelby/ Wilwood Big Brake package (6 piston front, 4 piston rear, 14" rotors)

#32 OFFLINE   stewarbc

stewarbc

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:All things Ford and Ford Mustang.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

OhioSnake, good thoughts on the stripes. In Texas, we have to display front plates. So, I use Craig's Custom Brackets on all the Mustangs. Craig is a great guy to deal with too.

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/
07SGT1163 Black /Silver, ARH LT's, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FR500S Exhaust,SHR Carbon Fiber Tail Light Trim, UPR 3.5" Billet Antenna,Redline Gloss Black Hood Struts, Shelby Billet Gas Cap
08SGT0096 GT-C, Kooks LT's, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, Pypes, Steeda UDP, Redline GO Hood struts

#33 OFFLINE   GT350conv

GT350conv

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Cruising and attending car shows/events. Meeting others with the same interests/hobbies

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

You know you want'em
Posted Image
Posted Image

In CT, a front plate is also required but rarely enforced. No toy of mine has ever had one and never will. I've used the excuse of my front license plate mount is on order!!! By the way, your glass roof option is sweet, but you run into the same problem I have with my convertible, there is a defined start and end point from. IMO, the coupes look better with stripes because they flow over the entire car. At this point, I'm leaning toward leaving the stripe delete package as it is, - no stripes.

#34 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12
  • Interests:2012 Shelby race red with elec w/nav, glass roof,SVTPP, and recaro seats.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

I orginally thought the same thing. Over the top stripes look awesome over the roof. But the vert or glass option was never designed to have them. The cars with the stripe delete is something that the customer has to request. At first i didnt know if i liked the glass top car because of the break in the stripe. I pondered even asked others on this forum their opinon. In the end for me if the car doesnt have the stripe it looked to much like a regular mustang. Maybe its dumb but in my opinon i wanted to be driving down the street and anyone who knows about the car would identify the stripe and the svt package. No stripe on the roof is the price you are going to pay for a having the more rare optioned glass and convertible cars. The car is meant to have the stripe, it not supposed to be over the glass or vert roof

In CT, a front plate is also required but rarely enforced. No toy of mine has ever had one and never will. I've used the excuse of my front license plate mount is on order!!! By the way, your glass roof option is sweet, but you run into the same problem I have with my convertible, there is a defined start and end point from. IMO, the coupes look better with stripes because they flow over the entire car. At this point, I'm leaning toward leaving the stripe delete package as it is, - no stripes.

#35 OFFLINE   Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake

SVT Power

• Great Lakes Region
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for your input Stewarbc. I thought about the custom bracket as well. But decided to see if the local law enforcement would harass me. If they do, then I would most likely try the custom bracket. Last resort is drilling into the bumber.
I actually talked to a Columbus police officer to ask the question about front plates. His response was:
Most officers understand the specialty car (Shelby, ZR1, ZL1) issue and would look away from issuing a ticket for the lack of a plate unless the driver was just being a total ass. If the total ass thing happened, expect a ticket amongst other things.
2012 GT500
"Long live the Condors!"

90mm Metco idler pulley
NGK TR6 spark plugs

#36 OFFLINE   Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake

SVT Power

• Great Lakes Region
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

You know you want'em
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yeah you want 'em
2012 GT500
"Long live the Condors!"

90mm Metco idler pulley
NGK TR6 spark plugs

#37 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

If the total ass thing happened, expect a ticket amongst other things.

That pretty much applies to all situations with a LEO!

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#38 OFFLINE   lesd

lesd

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 12-January 12

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

I will be buying a black 2013 convertible with stripe delete. I like the historical perspective that Shelby's in the 1960's did not come with "Lemans" stripes which were added by owners.

i saw an earlier thread that the 2013 Shelby will attract "non-traditional" buyers. Count me in as I was considering a 2010 GTR or a 996 Turbo Cabriolet.

I have been waiting for a vehicle that would elicit "butterflies" when walking into the garage like my 'Busa used to.

I had a new black 1988 GT 5.0 convertible which I enjoyed immensely. Thanks Ford for getting me back.

#39 OFFLINE   GT350conv

GT350conv

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12
  • Interests:Cruising and attending car shows/events. Meeting others with the same interests/hobbies

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Congratulations, you have made it to the next level!!! I had said in an unrelated post that the 2013 GT500 is going to get attention from a broad customer base and here is the proof. The sales are going to be hot. In the past, I don't believe a potential Porsche customer as yourself would ever walk into a Ford showroom looking to comparison shop. All that has changed. I assure you, you won't regret it. Not to mention, the Shelby's don't require the maintenance a Porsche does. This is not a car you ride in, it;s a car you drive. By the way, I have a Red 2012 SVTPP - Nav. with the stripe delete. The Shelby GT500 has been best described in one word, "Addicting".
Rob in CT

#40 OFFLINE   H08KEM

H08KEM

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 26-December 11
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:My Shelby and my Boss

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

I have the Kona blue metallic with stripe delete. Best look IMO. To each his own

#41 OFFLINE   fordcobra420

fordcobra420

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:fishing, prospecting, rv-ing, driving my #27, 2011 SS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I agree with what YOU want, but I prefer the wider stripe, the narrow doesn't look good at all in my opinion on any version. How can you go wrong with Kona Blue and White?

#42 OFFLINE   creilly333

creilly333

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Northeast Region
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 29-December 07
  • Interests:Performance cars, music, hi end audio.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have a 2012 Black with stripe delete. Some days I like it that way and some not, so I purchased a set of matt black Trans Am stripes like the Super Snake from John Farmer who posts on these forums and have yet to have them installed. Waiting for warmer weather.

Colin

Black 2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP Coupe, VMP TVS, VMP big elbow, FRPP CJ 65mm throttle body, Shelby Dual Pass Heat Exchanger and Fans, Reische 170* Thermostat, MBRP headers, Aeroforce Gauges in SOS dual pillar pod, Cobra Jet 123mm CAI, Fore fuel rails, BMR upper and lower adjustable control arms, panhard rod.

#43 OFFLINE   Black Shelby

Black Shelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 15-January 12
  • Interests:Auto racing,Football,Car shows.....warm weather
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

Not a fan of the stripes and I think the seats look better with no stripes as well.

#44 OFFLINE   mullens

mullens

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Joined 11-July 08
  • Interests:Fast cars and smart women

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Like the stripes. Signature of the GT500. My 08 came stripe delete so I added them. W/O stripes looks naked IMHO.

Edited by mullens, 20 February 2012 - 01:34 PM.

2013 GT500 DIB/White
FRPP Resonator Delete
JLT Oil Separator
Redline Hood Struts

#45 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,284 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Like the stripes. Signature of the GT500. My 08 came stripe delete so I added them. W/O stripes looks naked IMHO.

Agreed 100%, how can you get a Shelby with No stripes? I like the stripes, wide or thin, better than no stripes.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12
  • Interests:2012 Shelby race red with elec w/nav, glass roof,SVTPP, and recaro seats.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Agreed 100%, how can you get a Shelby with No stripes? I like the stripes, wide or thin, better than no stripes.

:camera: :worship:

#47 OFFLINE   kawwy600

kawwy600

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 27-February 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, Motorcycles, Sports

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

It depends on the color of the car, but for red I vote for stripes.
2010 GT500 Sterling Gray w/ Silver Stripes, HID, Electronics Package, and Car Cover

#48 OFFLINE   GT350conv

GT350conv

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

What about just the rocker stripes? Black or White?

#49 OFFLINE   zimm17

zimm17

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

What color SVT stripes look best on a Kona blue car? I'm thinking about silver, white, or black.... Where do you get the specs for width, spacing, etc to tell the graphics shop what the SVT stripes are supposed to be?

#50 OFFLINE   lesd

lesd

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 12-January 12

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

I look at a Shelby, especially 2013, as an alternative to a GTR or a 997 Turbo. Stripes on either of those would be absurd. Shelbys were created without stripes. I will be surprised if more non-traditional buyers do not pile into Shelbys. "We" are finally figuring out what you guys have known for the past several years. What a car.

#51 OFFLINE   mach 1 1970

mach 1 1970

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Joined 26-July 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:gas , oil & Coke collector --college baseball Ga Tech ,antiques , Motorhome traveling& vintage racing, RETIRED and travel to the AMALFI coast in Italy
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

Black with no stripes is a bad ass car. It seems like the 2012 GT500's are 75% no stripes.
Current

2010 Shelby GT 500
1969 Z/28 Camaro crate motor 502 RamJet Pro Touring ( big block 645 HP ) the sound is amazing. 5 speed.

Past Fords over 33 years

2008 GT500KR
2005 FORD GT
1970 Mach1 (3)
1970 Boss 302 ( 3 )
1970 GT500
1969 GT350
1966 GT350
2003 Cobra SVT 10th annv.
2007 SGT
2001 Saleen
1971 Boss 351
2001 Cobra SVT
2011 GT500
2004 T-Bird
2006 Shelby GT-H
2012 Boss 302
2008 Shelby GT conv.

#52 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,284 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

What color SVT stripes look best on a Kona blue car? I'm thinking about silver, white, or black.... Where do you get the specs for width, spacing, etc to tell the graphics shop what the SVT stripes are supposed to be?

I like the Red, did not think I would until I saw it in person. Close second is Silver, looks outstanding.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 OFFLINE   sweenstang

sweenstang

So, Mona, did you enjoy that ride in my Shelby?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10
  • Interests:GT500's
    60's&70's Muscle Cars
    Health and Fitness
    WWII Honor Flight
    Home Improvement
    Philadelphia Eagles

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Zimm -

I recall we corresponded last summer when you were planning your return from overseas... welcome back. I picked up my 2012 Kona Blue stripe delete last June. I waited until October, than had a black stripe kit applied. I love it. The black on blue shows a little more contrast than the black on black, but is still under stated. To me, the wide-stripe is key to the heritage Shelby look. I'm on the east side of DC in Maryland and I'll be glad to connect with you if you'd like to see the results in person.

Sween

P.S. - I've tried to post some pics but so far it's not working for me.
2012 GT500
Kona Blue Stripe Delete
Black Stripe Kit Added
Glass Roof
Electronics Pkg

Posted Image

#54 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well based on the look of the 2013 Mustang front fascia, I think I would want the stripes. The 2013 Mustang front is basically a 2012 Shelby.

#55 OFFLINE   lesd

lesd

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 12-January 12

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Mach 1 1970

Congratulations on a long ownership list of Mustangs. I have ordered a 2013 Shelby convertible, triple black, stripe delete, performance pack, track pack, recaros, and nav. If time seems to pass too quickly, this is a sure way to slow it down to a crawl while waiting for a summer delivery.

#56 OFFLINE   lesd

lesd

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 12-January 12

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

Rob,

By the way, my oldest son lives in Old Greenwich. I am praying I come back alive after my first visit this summer with the Shelby for him to take a drive. We were at the NY Auto Show years ago. He his younger brother and I stood in awe of a rotating stand displaying a silver Porsche GT2. After a few moments of silence, he quietly said. "If I had that, I wouldn't make it through the first day."

#57 OFFLINE   KevinWitten

KevinWitten

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 17-November 10

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

I like the wide stripes, but not the narrow strips on the PP. So I got a PP with stripe delete.

Also was a bit disappointed that the strips were stickers instead of being painted on. For $50K, I would think they would be painted on.

#58 OFFLINE   hawkbarr

hawkbarr

Team Shelby New Member

• Mountain Region
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10
  • Interests:Anything Shelby, going fast, classic rock, single malt scotch

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

I had a stripe delete car for 9 months and the car just looked naked around my fellow Shelby club members here. Once we put them on I would never go back to the 'naked' look.
Just sayin'....

2014 GT500 Super Snake

CSM14SS0088

Black with Red Stripes

850HP 3.6 Kenne Bell SC

Upgraded Interior Package

SVT Package

Navigation Package

Track Pack

Recaro Seats

Front and Rear Cameras

Super Snake build completed 2/21/2014

#59 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

I had a stripe delete car for 9 months and the car just looked naked around my fellow Shelby club members here. Once we put them on I would never go back to the 'naked' look.
Just sayin'....

The fact that you got a color combo that YOU chose, that isn't available from the factory, PLUS you got solid black seats in your car makes much more sense to me than getting a factory striped car (like I did) that the factory tells YOU what colors you'll get. The double white stipes on my seats are cool for the color matched aspect but the white leather wears quickly. Mine are already showing signs of wear or discoloration and I have VERY low mileage on my car.

That's pretty much what I said earlier in this thread; Get a stripe delete car, get the solid black seats (which will go with ANY color of car and/or stripes), wait until you KNOW what color of stipes you want (or don't) and put them on your car. Just like what you did. To quote Burger King, "Have it YOUR way".

I remember seeing pics posted (here on TS) of a guy who had a contemporay Black GT500 with lime green stripes he had put on it, to mirror image his retro/classic GT500 that was Lime Green w/Black stripes and it looked GREAT. Ford won't put them on from the factory so he got a stripe delete car and added his own.

I agree solidly with ya, Hawk!

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#60 OFFLINE   sweenstang

sweenstang

So, Mona, did you enjoy that ride in my Shelby?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10
  • Interests:GT500's
    60's&70's Muscle Cars
    Health and Fitness
    WWII Honor Flight
    Home Improvement
    Philadelphia Eagles

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

The fact that you got a color combo that YOU chose, that isn't available from the factory, PLUS you got solid black seats in your car makes much more sense to me than getting a factory striped car (like I did) that the factory tells YOU what colors you'll get. The double white stipes on my seats are cool for the color matched aspect but the white leather wears quickly. Mine are already showing signs of wear or discoloration and I have VERY low mileage on my car.

That's pretty much what I said earlier in this thread; Get a stripe delete car, get the solid black seats (which will go with ANY color of car and/or stripes), wait until you KNOW what color of stipes you want (or don't) and put them on your car. Just like what you did. To quote Burger King, "Have it YOUR way".

I remember seeing pics posted (here on TS) of a guy who had a contemporay Black GT500 with lime green stripes he had put on it, to mirror image his retro/classic GT500 that was Lime Green w/Black stripes and it looked GREAT. Ford won't put them on from the factory so he got a stripe delete car and added his own.

I agree solidly with ya, Hawk!

Phill

Phill - You're right on the mark. I did exactly that because I didn't want loud stripes on my seats, and was unsure of what color exterior stripe was right for me. The approach worked out perfectly. I'm very happy with my black on blue. Good thing about the vinyl stripes, is they're fairly easy to remove and replace with another color if you change your mind. I've been toying in the future with getting some gun metal grey wide stripes put on - not too bright, not to dull... would play beautifully against the Kona blue and the gun metal stock wheels.
2012 GT500
Kona Blue Stripe Delete
Black Stripe Kit Added
Glass Roof
Electronics Pkg

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users