Photo

Learned a lesson about driving in 40 degree weather, got VERY Lucky at the same time...............

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,330 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I was driving the Shelby around to put some miles on it, the weather is outstanding for February in New England. I pulled up to a light and a Challenger SRT pulled behind me. I took off regular and then when I hit 2nd I nailed it a little bit (Maybe more than a little), those tires were like they were on ice, Traction control kicked in for less than a second and then the car started going sideways. I ended up going into on coming traffic (thankfully no cars coming), just about hitting the curb on the other side of the road, then reacted to much and with in seconds I was heading towards the curb on my side of the road. Finally I got control.

Lesson learned for me, guy in the Challenger was probably laughing his ass off.

How I didn't wreck is just luck, honestly I absolutely should have.

Figured maybe my story would save someone else even if it does make me look like an ass.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 OFFLINE   nojoke4true

nojoke4true

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 21-March 08

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

I was driving the Shelby around to put some miles on it, the weather is outstanding for February in New England. I pulled up to a light and a Challenger SRT pulled behind me. I took off regular and then when I hit 2nd I nailed it a little bit (Maybe more than a little), those tires were like they were on ice, Traction control kicked in for less than a second and then the car started going sideways. I ended up going into on coming traffic (thankfully no cars coming), just about hitting the curb on the other side of the road, then reacted to much and with in seconds I was heading towards the curb on my side of the road. Finally I got control.

Lesson learned for me, guy in the Challenger was probably laughing his ass off.

How I didn't wreck is just luck, honestly I absolutely should have.

Figured maybe my story would save someone else even if it does make me look like an ass.

Good save. Been there..done that. Like you, I've learned. :rockon:

#3 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,330 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks

And by the way it scared the living sh!t out of me.............

Respect the cold and even more so respect the Power of the car
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

Team Shelby Member NorthEast Region

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

When I picked my car up from Tasca after the SC upgrade I had a similar experience. I was getting on the highway from an onramp. I was in 3rd gear. I gave it too much throttle and the car started to go sideways. I am still AMAZED at the power and torque you get from a supercharger.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

#5 OFFLINE   stewarbc

stewarbc

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 647 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:All things Ford and Ford Mustang.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Gosh, this thread scared me. I am glad you are okay.
07SGT1163 Black /Silver, ARH LT's, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FR500S Exhaust,SHR Carbon Fiber Tail Light Trim, UPR 3.5" Billet Antenna,Redline Gloss Black Hood Struts, Shelby Billet Gas Cap
08SGT0096 GT-C, Kooks LT's, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, Pypes, Steeda UDP, Redline GO Hood struts

#6 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,330 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Gosh, this thread scared me. I am glad you are okay.

Thank you, it is hard to explain how fast it happened, I let off the gas, but the thing was already out of control, I did not hit the brake, I have always been told not to in these situations. All I did was try to get control back and try to miss hitting the curb. Glad I did not hurt anyone else.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

This is a common lesson to be learned with the factory Goodyears. I had a similar exchange of front to rear with both my Shelby GT/Sc and the Cobra. When I got my Ford GT I didn't even think about it - I swapped the Goodyear tires for sticky Bridgestones.

For the record, we're glad nothing bad happened but remember these cars come with a note about low temperatures. They mean it.
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#8 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 14,189 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yup They are like four hockey pucks when its cold out .

#9 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

...I let off the gas, but the thing was already out of control, I did not hit the brake,

The phenomenon is known as a "lift off" event, or also known as (de)compression braking which results in oversteer. Another name is trailing throttle oversteer. Been there, done that. The Shelby GT/SC did it, but I could create it at will with the Cobra - just downshift from 3rd to 2nd to make a 90* left turn on cold pavement or on wet pavement.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 19 February 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#10 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 4,994 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

I would leave the TC off. I found the car spins the tires but does not go left and right as the TC tries to kick in . Best bet is to not get to pedal heavy on the street. Glad all is OK
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 – May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 922 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Wow; scary thought. I'd have a heart rate over 300 by the end of that.

With a v6, the road is a little more forgiving, but I lose traction just the same as everyone else, but have to say: any pointers would be appriciated.

Also, who knows anything about the tire company 'Nexen'.
These were the tires that came with my car, and while I've seen good reviews online, they worry me a little as being low tier.

Once again, glad to see this isn't a junk yard story. I'm sure your driving skills were what saved you.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang
1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

#12 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

40 degrees! Blowers love those temps, probably added another 100hp to the car that day! :o
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Are you still running the factory BF Goodrich tires? If not which tires?

#14 OFFLINE   rocky

rocky

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Yep had the GT500 out today temp was about 39 nailed it in 2nd and it started fish tailing, trick is not to oversteer and back off the gas half way and it will work out ok, and your right not to hit the brakes. Glad all is ok with you...dont fear the beast work with it.......

#15 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,330 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Are you still running the factory BF Goodrich tires? If not which tires?

No I have Nitto, but I think any High Performance tire would have done the same. I guess it just seemed Warm to me, in reality it was not. Not to mention the car had only been driven 5 miles or so prior so they were cold as can be.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

That's a scary situation. So glad to hear your okay... Lesson learned. No horse play if you're taking it out in sub 40 weather. No matter what tire.

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#17 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I have to say these cars are seriously gorilla's and the wheel spin is out of control. You really have to feel the car to drive it right and I have read to many posts you have made....it was just one of those things that happened and thankfully you got it right at the last second.
Wow.
PS: Just got my car back from paint and new 20" Black with machined face CS40's (yes again)......it looks wet just standing there in the garage. Drool.

OK, Back on topic.
2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#18 OFFLINE   07SGTC

07SGTC

07SGTC

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 07-October 08
  • Interests:The Shelby of course!
    Golf, Miami Dolphins Football

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have to say these cars are seriously gorilla's and the wheel spin is out of control. You really have to feel the car to drive it right and I have read to many posts you have made....it was just one of those things that happened and thankfully you got it right at the last second.
Wow.
PS: Just got my car back from paint and new 20" Black with machined face CS40's (yes again)......it looks wet just standing there in the garage. Drool.

OK, Back on topic.

Any pictures of car and wheels?
Black/LT Gray Int/5spd/Northern California Edition

#19 OFFLINE   64peter

64peter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 17-May 07

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

John Walker (former director of sales of SAI) once told me (before my SGT/SC was shipped to me from SAI)" If you bury your foot in it in 2nd geer, make sure there is nothing in front of you, nothing in back of you, and nothing on the sides because it is going to want to rip the tires off the rims"

John was right.

#20 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,846 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hmmm maybe its actually a good thing that I can't plunk down the money for a GT/SC!!

I had a somewhat similar situation years ago w/ my then new 1986 RX-7. I went around a circular exit ramp a little too quickly in cold weather and spun around and ended up sideways in the middle of the one-lane-wide ramp. Fortunately, no one was behind me. That's when I learned my lesson about cold weather traction. I also learned a lot about lack of traction when I SCCA raced in the rain!

Glad to hear all turned out well Carnut!
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#21 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,582 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Planes, cars, good times, good friends!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Supercharger creates a whole new beast! Supercharger + cold weather + summer tires (Nitto 555) = ANOTHER new beast! Plenty of extra power available with cold, dense air - I'm amazed how quickly the rear end breaks loose in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and beyond!

Good lesson for all, glad you and your SGT weren't injured! (except for your pride!)

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
My Trademark - Don't even think about using it!
In Memory Of Willy T

#22 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07
  • Interests:being totally uninterested.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

No I have Nitto, but I think any High Performance tire would have done the same. I guess it just seemed Warm to me, in reality it was not. Not to mention the car had only been driven 5 miles or so prior so they were cold as can be.

Cold tires will make you a believer real quick like....Glad you and your car are OK. These things are beasts. I was initially running the SGT brakes and had a guy cut smack in front of me from slow lane to fast lane (no turn signal, nothing) as I was getting on it and man I thought for a second I might rear end him trying to get that thing slowed down. These cars are truly amazing vehicles...Cheers!

2014 Corvette Z51, 2LT, MSRC, NPP, FAY, 7SP, TRANS TOP. My name is on the dash, (museum delivery).

SOLD: 

07SGT/SC. Driven! Rain or Shine, no refunds. Best 1/4 mile time 12.077 as equpped below.

Performance White, 5sp, iup, anti-theft, navigation. Whipple 550. 1st Customer 550 out of the SAI Mod Shop. (Thanks Budman!).

19x9/19x10 Saleen Heritage Wheels w/275/35 and 295/35 BFG KDW N2.
Brembo Front Calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Hawk HPS Rear pads, FRPP Brake cooling kit with custom intakes.
Goodridge SS lines and ATE Super Blue Fluid.
Functional Fiberglass SA scoop. Glassed over SA production Sticker.
MMS mufflers.

#23 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 922 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

In a situation like that I might have just done that. I replaced my calipers and brake pads in the front, but the back needs work. That, and these Nexen tires are somewhat a mystery, but from the people I've asked they aren't anything to trust in an all out 'smashing the brakes' stop. So much work to do over the summer.

To think that's only a v6, and not a high horsepower v6. You guys are lucky (and skilled) to have not had anything bad happen. Wow.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang

#24 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Luck in my case. I now have brembos and lots more rubber. Still its a lot of car, kinda like riding a sportbike, car is not even working to keep up and pass traffic easily. So love this car. Best part is turn key change oil at dealer. Amazing.

2014 Corvette Z51, 2LT, MSRC, NPP, FAY, 7SP, TRANS TOP. My name is on the dash, (museum delivery).

SOLD: 

07SGT/SC. Driven! Rain or Shine, no refunds. Best 1/4 mile time 12.077 as equpped below.

Performance White, 5sp, iup, anti-theft, navigation. Whipple 550. 1st Customer 550 out of the SAI Mod Shop. (Thanks Budman!).

Brembo Front Calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Hawk HPS Rear pads, FRPP Brake cooling kit with custom intakes.
MMS mufflers.

#25 OFFLINE   MY500SS

MY500SS

Team Shelby Addict

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 23,169 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

Definitely a butt pucker moment.

Thanks for posting, because like you said a lesson for all of us. :salute:
Honored to have participated in the 2012 Shelby Run Europe.
2500 miles, 10 days, 8 countries.

Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0273

2007 GT500SS CSM 07SS0134.
2007 GT50040th CSM 07XL0273.
1965 Mustang Coupe K Code.
1964 289 FIA Cobra CSX 7076.
1963 L76 Corvette.

Posted Image

#26 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

NHRA Pro Stock guys have a phrase for this (when a car gets "squirrelly"): "PUSH IN THE CLUTCH". GAME OVER.
As a lifetime New Englander, I know how it feels. You are now a pawn in an ice hockey game.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#27 OFFLINE   speedyburd33

speedyburd33

Veritas Aequitas

• Northeast Region
  • 840 posts
  • Joined 16-January 07

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

imagine how bad that could be for someone that has a SC and a built engine with lots more HP. Mine's not a GT/SC yet but it will be in a couple of months after I get it to Tasca. I appreciate the story. BTW - what ever happend to John Walker? He was always great to me when I was dealing with him.
Posted Image
07SGT0890
Team Shelby Member #2553

286.8 RWHP/305.5 RWTQ Stock
Steeda Carbon Fiber Inlet Elbow
Brenspeed Custom Tune
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
Kooks Long Tube Headers w/high flow cats
Corsa Extreme Exhaust
315.7 RWHP/327.5 RWTQ Stage 1 Mods
Shelby GT/SC Upgrade w/Polished Whipple 550 Completed at Tasca on 9/10/12
1 Piece Driveshaft
Ford Racing Radiator
502.4 RWHP/463.5 RWTQ Stage 2 Mods
1000 Series Forged Internals
ARP Head Studs
Custom Comp Cams
Upgraded Valve Springs
Stage 2 Ported Heads
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, 8 bolt flywheel
Ford Racing Polished Throttle Body
Whipple Polished 10 Rib Kit
Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors
MAF Sensor
Updated Tune
???.? RWHP/???.? RWTQ Stage 3 Mods (Completion Estimated 6/27/13 at Tasca)

#28 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,330 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Cold tires will make you a believer real quick like....Glad you and your car are OK. These things are beasts. I was initially running the SGT brakes and had a guy cut smack in front of me from slow lane to fast lane (no turn signal, nothing) as I was getting on it and man I thought for a second I might rear end him trying to get that thing slowed down. These cars are truly amazing vehicles...Cheers!

Thank you, this was one of the first times I nailed second like I did. I have done it in 3rd many times, thankfully I was only in 2nd so the car was not going as fast, if I was in 3rd it would not have ended the way it did.

Agreed these are Amazing Vehicles, honestly I do not know what people do with more power than this??? I get it if you go to the the strip, but other than that what does having 700-800 HP do besides spin tires?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 922 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

You used your get-out-of-jail-free on this one. ;)
Although, this is a dumb question, what does GT/SC stand for?

And how has the driving been since this?

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang

#30 OFFLINE   SGT/SC#0471

SGT/SC#0471

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts
  • Joined 19-August 07

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Wow.
PS: Just got my car back from paint and inew 20" Black with machined face CS40's (yes again)......it looks wet just standing there in the garage. Drool.

OK, Back on topic.

SOLD: 

MMS mufflers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users