#1 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:2012 Shelby race red with elec w/nav, glass roof,SVTPP, and recaro seats.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Breaker Breaker 1-9 can I get a lame check please? 10-4. Yeah I know splash guards fancy name for mud flaps. But like anything else to each their own rock chips. Anyway I called Jaeger up to see if they were working on anything for the new Shelby cars maybe something that mimicked the factory rear splash guards. If your not familiar with Jaeger Brothers the manufacture splash guards, unique splash guards. For example on the Shelby the front splash guards will use a rubber clip on the bottom and side that grip the plastic rocker trim and the side of the fender lip on the side of the vehicle. The guard utilizes the two factory push clips to hold it into place. You can put on and completely remove both sides in less than a minute per side. Here is a pair of front splash guards on my car and I wanted your opinion on what they look like, are they to big or two small and what improvements you think would make them better. They are not available to buy yet and your feedback may influence the finaly product. Right now they are almost a exact copy of the rear splash guards only smaller. The improvement of removing them or not to install them isn’t one of the questions. :hysterical3:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rear Splash Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If I didn't get an angle that you wanted to see please let me know.

#2 OFFLINE   Black Shelby

Black Shelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 15-January 12
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Auto racing,Football,Car shows.....warm weather
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

They do not look bad and mimic the rears quite well. I know every time I drive my car I cringe as it sounds like rocks,sand ETC are hitting the car. I think on a black car such as mine they would hide just a bit better than other colors ?

#3 OFFLINE   GT350conv

GT350conv

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12
  • Interests:Cruising and attending car shows/events. Meeting others with the same interests/hobbies

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

My overall opinion, they look good because they blend in well. Most people probably will never notice them. Now for the constructive criticism. I believe they would look and fit better if they were mounted behind the rocker molding rather than over it. I assume your using the OEM hardware and holes anyways. Other than that, I think you nailed it and may be interested in a pair myself.

#4 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12
  • Interests:2012 Shelby race red with elec w/nav, glass roof,SVTPP, and recaro seats.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

They use exsisting hardware and could easily be removed if you just wanted to use them during a car cruise or traveling to a show. Honestly other than starting this thread I dont even see them when I look at the car. It's 100% more protection than nothing at all.

#5 OFFLINE   cobra2564

cobra2564

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 13-January 08
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

I put them on from day 1 on my 2010 GT500 and don't regret it. They look factory and are very easy to put on.

#6 OFFLINE   verlyn12

verlyn12

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 419 posts
  • Joined 25-December 11
  • Interests:farming and ranching, travelling, grandkids and car shows
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

I would definitely buy a set-let me know when they are available please.

#7 OFFLINE   cobra2564

cobra2564

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 13-January 08

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

I would definitely buy a set-let me know when they are available please.

Been available for 2 years.

#8 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Link?

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#9 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Who has mud flaps that look like these?

#10 OFFLINE   cobra2564

cobra2564

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 13-January 08

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Who has mud flaps that look like these?

Google Jaeger Brothers

#11 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Jaeger doesn't make them for our cars, the 2005-2009 will fit but don't look the same. No one but me has this exact same design... because they don't make them yet and may never make them if there isn't any interest. The 2005-2009 are rectangle gaurds that don't copy the body lines or factory rear gaurds, at least to me when I saw them. Thats why I was talking to Tim in manufacturing to see if they could come up with something that looked better. The 2005-2009 will give way more protection and are almost twice the size as the ones on my car. I have a pair of 2005-2009 to use if I messed up making templates.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached Files

#12 OFFLINE   cobra2564

cobra2564

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 13-January 08

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I looked closer at your photos, Im sorry I just wasnt getting it. There is a difference between the 2009 ones I have and your prototype. However, I live in Nebraska and even on the best of roads we have little rocks so I am very cool with mine. I appreciate your quest to make them perfect but I wont be changing mine out.

#13 OFFLINE   cobra2564

cobra2564

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 13-January 08

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

PS, I just used the front ones.

#14 OFFLINE   TrakRat

TrakRat

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 29-December 10
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

I very much want a set if they make it to market. My lower doors and rockers are getting hashed.
'11 SVTPP Griggs VMP TVS GT500, '67 Coupe, '00 Explorer Limited, '96 Griggs Cobra *sold*
VADRshoot1-1.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   VitoScilla

VitoScilla

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I have the 2007 - 2009 Jager Brother guards on my car and am very pleased with them...although I can see why other's would prefer the prototypes you have posted. Keep us apprized on developments. For what it is worth, attached is a picture of mine on the car...worth the protection IMO regardless of what syle folks choose to go with.
~VIto

Attached Files

Edited by VitoScilla, 04 March 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

I have the 2007 - 2009 Jager Brother guards on my car and am very pleased with them...although I can see why other's would prefer the prototypes you have posted. Keep us apprized on developments. For what it is worth, attached is a picture of mine on the car...worth the protection IMO regardless of what syle folks choose to go with.
~VIto

If you want the most protection, without a doubt the standard size gaurd is the way to go. I bet you dont have a single chip with those.

#17 OFFLINE   Boidster

Boidster

Shelby Amateur

• Northern Plains Region
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 19-December 11

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'd buy a set. Roads here are murder until early spring when they (try to) sweep up all the sand and gravel from winter.
- 2012 GT500 in Performance White, stripe delete, SVTPP, nav, resonator delete, some under-hood bling
- 1967 Mustang 289 Vinyl-Top Coupe in Sauterne Gold, 50K miles, factory exterior, light performance upgrades
- You don't care about my other cars, past or present

#18 OFFLINE   SVT GT 12

SVT GT 12

SVT GT 12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 21-January 12
  • Interests:.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

They look good. I'd like to buy a set. Any way they can have them to me by April? I'd love to have them on before mine hits the streets (it has been sitting in the garage since I bought it in January!).
Kona Blue, 2012 Shelby GT 500 - Purchased new on January 9, 2012.
http://s1065.photobu...s/u395/SVTGT12/

#19 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

I am going to get with Tim this week. I traced a template of them, I figured if they decide not to make them I'll have a copy of the template I could scan and send to people who want to trim the 05-09 mustang guards to match :rockon:

#20 OFFLINE   Black Shelby

Black Shelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 15-January 12
  • Interests:Auto racing,Football,Car shows.....warm weather
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

If and when they are available I need a set as well !

#21 OFFLINE   dancap3286

dancap3286

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 25-March 10
  • Interests:hockey, miniature artist.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

I'm in for a set too. NYC streets and highways are a f'in disaster!
lethal performance carbon fiber front splitter, side rocker panels, rear valence, heat extractor and rear spoiler insert, MRT aluminum rear window louvers painted to match (kona blue) with silver stripes and pop up kit, Sickspeed shorty carbon fiber antenna, hood pin appearence kit, quarter window side scoops painted to match (kona blue) with grilles, side scoops painted to match (kona blue), pillar mounted guage pod (3 pods),Caroll Shelby etched VIN plaque, Cobra chrome valve stem caps, red FIA stripes on drivers fender, C&L CAI w/Steeda SC pulley, SCT tuned, Roush catback extreme exhaust, AFCO dual pass (double fan) heat exchanger, True Forged Vectors, 20" x 9.5" front, 20" x 11" rear, VMP 2.3TVS w/2.5"sc pulley, black anodized SHELBY fuel door.

Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   SVT GT 12

SVT GT 12

SVT GT 12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 21-January 12
  • Interests:.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

I am going to get with Tim this week. I traced a template of them, I figured if they decide not to make them I'll have a copy of the template I could scan and send to people who want to trim the 05-09 mustang guards to match :rockon:

That would work too, thanks!
Kona Blue, 2012 Shelby GT 500 - Purchased new on January 9, 2012.
http://s1065.photobu...s/u395/SVTGT12/

#23 OFFLINE   VitoScilla

VitoScilla

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

I bet you dont have a single chip with those.

Not a single one!...thankfully.
One thing if I may add and not hijack your thread - THEY ARE A SINCH to install and remove. So if anyone is on the cusp, get the set from Jager Bros. If you do not want them on when at a meet or show, simply take them off. I installed both of mine in less than 5 minutes! Thank for taking the time doing all this legwork for the folks on this forum.
~Vito

Edited by VitoScilla, 08 March 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#24 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

Ok I have spoke with Jon (I know I incorrectly called him Tim in previous posts) he has the pictures. We alked about some minor mounting hole changes that could be made, and the overall design. I do need to drag the scanner out and send him the actual template. As far as looks you really dont even see them they blend nicely. I will update as soon as I hear back from him.

#25 OFFLINE   Ecrissman

Ecrissman

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

From my last conversation with Jaeger Brothers it seems they will produce the splash guards. He gave me an approx time frame of 2 weeks. I would imagine dropping by their site and dropping them a quick message may help move things along even quicker.

#26 OFFLINE   bigsnake

bigsnake

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 443 posts
  • Joined 26-September 10
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Muscle cars, guns and photography

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Here's the link.

http://jaegerbrother...rts/Mustang_87/
2011 Kona Blue/Silver Stripes Shelby GT500
SCT tune
JLT intake tube
JLT Catch Can

TORQUE IS QUICK, HORSEPOWER IS FAST

Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   Boidster

Boidster

Shelby Amateur

• Northern Plains Region
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 19-December 11

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Contact link, if you want to nudge/encourage them: http://jaegerbrother...x.php?m=contact
- 2012 GT500 in Performance White, stripe delete, SVTPP, nav, resonator delete, some under-hood bling
- 1967 Mustang 289 Vinyl-Top Coupe in Sauterne Gold, 50K miles, factory exterior, light performance upgrades
- You don't care about my other cars, past or present

#28 OFFLINE   Ezareth

Ezareth

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Joined 06-March 10

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm buying a pair as soon as I see a pic of them installed on a 2011-2012 GT500 with no issues. Sick of watching my rockers/paint deteriorate.
Posted Image
2011 GT500 Convertible | SVT PP | Electronics Package| Black /w Race Red & Ingot Silver Stripes
Saleen Speedster Package

#29 OFFLINE   ewahlin

ewahlin

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 24-November 11
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm buying a pair as soon as I see a pic of them installed on a 2011-2012 GT500 with no issues. Sick of watching my rockers/paint deteriorate.

+1
2012 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 Mustang, SVT PP, Electronics, Glass Roof, Originally Strip delete but added SVT PP red stripes with Ingot Accents and red strip seats, Car Cover
Current MODS: VMP Pulley, Tune, Ford Racing Resonator delete
1970 Grabber Blue Boss 302 Mustang (Shaker, Spoilers, Slats)
2007 Ducati GT1000
1969 Ducati 450 Scrambler (Jupiter)

Longmont, CO

#30 OFFLINE   creilly333

creilly333

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 29-December 07
  • Interests:Performance cars, music, hi end audio.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

+1

Black 2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP Coupe, VMP TVS, VMP big elbow, FRPP CJ 65mm throttle body, Shelby Dual Pass Heat Exchanger and Fans, Reische 170* Thermostat, MBRP headers, Aeroforce Gauges in SOS dual pillar pod, Cobra Jet 123mm CAI, Fore fuel rails, BMR upper and lower adjustable control arms, panhard rod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users