dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

The GT500KR fuel doors will come in brushed or black and feature the same logo that appears on the headrest.

Trust me, I want one for my GT500KR too.

Robert, how will we be notified that the KR fuel doors are available? Do we need to check the Shelby Store site daily for the listing or will this thread be updated?

Any idea on a date?

Thanks for your time :)

#33 OFFLINE   belltr

belltr

Proud Member of The KR Owners Club

• South Atlantic Region
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 23-February 10
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:My new KR, Photography

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Jer,
I know your busy but any chance you can check on these also?
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   JWZ

JWZ

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Jer,

+1 LOL

#35 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,060 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Jer,

Hello!
I just stumbled across this thread, I'm not a KR owner (as Robert Lane is) and wouldn't normally be digging in.
Any parts questions will be answered faster if placed under the Shelby Performance Parts section of the forums. THAT, I check MANY times each day.

I'll look into the fuel doors.

Jer
Shelby American
Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner. No longer eligible for judging.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

#36 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,060 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hello!

KR fuel doors should be ready to go tomorrow. Satin or black.

Thanks!

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

#37 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hello!

KR fuel doors should be ready to go tomorrow. Satin or black.

Thanks!

Jer

Thank you so much! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

#38 OFFLINE   fcettner

fcettner

09KR0453

• South Atlantic Region
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • Interests:NASCAR Racing (Go Carl Edwards), Fords, Football (Go Steelers) and Baseball (Reds). My Shelby 09KR and other Fords I always seem get my hands on.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Koolness - Thanks Jer.

#39 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,060 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Clear anodized and black are now in stock!

http://www.shelbysto.../s8m-2301-c.htm

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#40 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Interests:.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

nice

IT'S TOUGH BEING THE KING

#41 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

I got one.

Edited by sheppd01, 04 October 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#42 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I got one.

+1 Hope it gets here quick :)

#43 OFFLINE   KR_Mac

KR_Mac

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 07-July 09
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Jer and Robert.....Great addition to the KR!!!

Yes on order before it runs out. It Looks great and not to BUSY, you guys did a great job on the look :happy feet:

Edited by KR_Mac, 06 October 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#44 OFFLINE   JWZ

JWZ

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Jer and Robert..... Great addition to the KR!!!

+1! Ordered yesterday!

#45 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,060 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Bump for any update? How about the brake reservoir cover too?

http://www.teamshelb...p-is-available/

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#46 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Jer, I was talking about the actual aluminum cover that surrounds the plastic brake reservoir itself. These were etched just like the KR fuse box covers. Depending on their build date, the KRs have two different size reservoirs.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#47 OFFLINE   Mustangcollector

Mustangcollector

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Family, Shelbys and Mustangs!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Jer has worked some magic recently...would love to see him wizard up a brake reservoir cover for the the '08 KRs.
1967 Mustang Coupe - Black
1987 Mustang LX Convertible - Black
1965 Mustang Coupe - Dynasty Green
2010 Mustang GT Convertible - Candy Red
2012 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Black
2008 Shelby GT500KR - Black

#48 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Here it is. I am not really a fan of the fuel doors but I thought I would give it a try since it was made for this car. I put it on and I am not really sure how I feel about it.
I going to keep it on and see if it grows on me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   Mustangcollector

Mustangcollector

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for posting the pics. I like it on your silver KR.

I have a black KR and made the tough choice to get the black fuel door, though the aluminum one might be a better bet for matching the wheels. The think the GT500KR script is more noticeable on the aluminum one rather than the black, though I opted for the muted look.

#50 OFFLINE   SGT0767

SGT0767

07 SGT0767

• Northeast Region
  • 206 posts
  • Joined 29-August 08
  • Interests:Cars, planes, karate,travel,reading

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

Looks great.

I have a silver KR as well so it is great to see what this looks like installed. I was thinking a littly more contrast though so I might get the aluminum and then have the letters powder coated blue or the black one and have the letters powder coated silver.
66 B&B 427 Cobra Replica
07 SGT0767
09 GT 500
09 KR 0440

#51 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

I was thinking a littly more contrast though so I might get the aluminum and then have the letters powder coated blue

I was thinking that as well

#52 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Mine came in today. I'll post pics as soon as I get it installed.

#53 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm still on the fence about these. I'd like to see a side shot of the black anodized on a black KR.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#54 OFFLINE   Mustangcollector

Mustangcollector

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Mine should be here any day. I'll install and send you a picture of the black on black. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures to the site here.

#55 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Set up an account on http://photobucket.com/
Upload your photo
Once uploaded it will provide you a (Direct Link) that you can then use to post your photos here.
Copy the Direct Link.
When you post something on this site click on the image link.
Paste the Direct Link there.

Edited by sheppd01, 10 October 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#56 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

I love it!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   fcettner

fcettner

09KR0453

• South Atlantic Region
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • Interests:NASCAR Racing (Go Carl Edwards), Fords, Football (Go Steelers) and Baseball (Reds). My Shelby 09KR and other Fords I always seem get my hands on.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

That's the color I would go with, thanks for posting the pics.

#58 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 355 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Any chance of someone with a black KR posting a fuel door pic? I'm on the fence of black or silver. Both are brushed and I don't know how the brushed will look.

Thanks in Advance.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\KR!

#59 OFFLINE   KR_Mac

KR_Mac

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 07-July 09

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I don't know how to post but here is my pics of my Black KR w Black Billet :camera:

Mac

Attached Files

Edited by KR_Mac, 20 October 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   KR_Mac

KR_Mac

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 07-July 09

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Heres another!!!

Mac

Attached Files

Edited by KR_Mac, 20 October 2012 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users