Photo

Importing a GT500 and shipper recommendation.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stmarcink

stmarcink

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 14-February 12
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars,Photography,Bow Hunting

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Looking for recommendations for a gt500 move(enclosed trailer) from Iowa to Port Huron. Also any words of advice at the border?

#2 OFFLINE   Ford Fest

Ford Fest

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 08-October 11
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

We used Gran Turismo from California to Missouri and would recommend them. Not sure if the can help you all the way. They had a full load of GT 350s delivering from SAI when they brought my car home.

Good luck!

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary
Built July 2006 - Converted March 2009
FRPP TVS & CAI

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System
Short Throw Shifter

Proud member of Team 40th - CSM 07XL0298

th_IMG_5390.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Without a doubt use InterCity Lines. After the original delivery from Barrett Jackson, they moved my Cobra twice and delivered my GT. One time the Cobra's bunkmate was a 300SL Gullwing. When the GT came it's roomie was a 300SL roadster. Huge amounts of trust to move vehicles in that class

Edited by twobjshelbys, 22 March 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#4 OFFLINE   stmarcink

stmarcink

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 14-February 12

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Thanks guys.

#5 OFFLINE   cobraracing

cobraracing

10 second Canuck

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 2,696 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06
  • Interests:Golf, cars, racing Golf, cars, racing Golf, cars, racing Golf, cars, racing

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I bought my GT500 from a dealer in Michigan and had it shipped in, this avoids the state tax but you still have to pay HST
I just used Mackie transport (Lisa) to ship to the 50th bash and they were absolutely the best customer service ever, kept me aprised all the time and the car was in perfect condition, pricing was great also
Message me if you want more info
Posted Image

2007 Vista Blue coupe, white stripes tinted windows -Shaker 1000 ,Steeda CAI-SH 2.6 pulley Metco tensioner-SCT live wire tune Eibach Pro kit -Polished Steeda LCA's-Steeda UCA and bracket, 3.73 gears,,2008 mods Kooks headers GESI catted X-pipe and Magnaflow stainless exhaust Innovators west Aluminum OD balancer, DSS driveshaft 160mm T-body Cross drilled Slotted rotors Steeda Adj panhard bar, FMS rear end cover , 2008 ET 10.93 @ 126.55 mph and Dyno #'s 625 RWHP 599 RWTQ on ET Streets, 2012 mods, Shelby heat exchanger, Reservoirs, Vortex series 4 pads, Steeda 20x11 /20x10 Spyder rims with Nitto 315/35/20 - 275/45/20, 6 piston brembos with 15"rotors, rear brake upgrade, stainless brake lines
2013 TVS blower, KB Dual Boost-a-pump now making in Sept 2012 - 755 RWHP & 687 RWTQ **************** 2014 upgrades Ford GT cams 11cc Manley Pistons and h beam rods Ported heads 2013 injectors GT rocker covers 2013 clutch 2013 8 liter oil pan

#6 OFFLINE   DougD

DougD

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 21-May 07

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

http://www.tfxinternational.com/ They are out of the T.O. area

These guys are pros, first rate trailers and tractors. They shipped my car to Shelby and back for the modifications.

Doug
07XL0218

#7 OFFLINE   68flashback

68flashback

Team Shelby New Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I bought my 68 in Texas and had it shipped to Detroit. I then went and drove it home. This was around 2005 so things may have changed. But at that point I had done my research and had no trouble. The main thing is getting it OUT of the states. You have to stop at US Customs and get paperwork from them showing that they know the car is leaving. The key there was filling out a form and faxing it to them at least 2 weeks in advance so they can do research to make sure the car isn't stolen. I'm not sure I believe they really do that. Anyway, once I had that I continued over the bridge and told the guy at the booth I was importing the car and he sent me to secondary inspection. There's more paperwork there and paying taxes and duty if applicable. Again, do your research and you likely will be able to have the paperwork filled out before you go down. Also, make sure your car is allowed to enter the country. GT500's are fine I think but there is one model of Shelby that isn't allowed in as I recall.

Once here the daytime running lights can be activated at any dealer.

Good luck!

Gregg
2007 GT500 purchased October 2011
3.73 gears, SPEC clutch, 3" exhaust, Steeda CAI, supercharger pulley, SCT tuner, lowered, Shaker 1000, 555 RWHP
Waterloo, Ontario

#8 OFFLINE   stmarcink

stmarcink

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 14-February 12

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Just a little feedback on this post. I had no problems at the border. I faxed my paper work to customs 3 days in advance and had my insurance and title for the drive through Michigan. I had Reliable Auto Transport pick the car up in NC and ship it to Michigan. I picked it up from their warehouse and drove it home to Ontario. Top notch service all the way!! Only hiccup was the border officer in Detroit asking me what plate I had on the car, he told me it was illegal because it was registered to my truck and asked me to take it off. As soon as I got to Windsor I put it back on and drove the rest of the way home with it on.

#9 OFFLINE   fordsdad

fordsdad

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-March 13

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Don't use AA-Auto Transport. Bad experience.
2011 GT500 Convertible. Performance White. SVTPP. Navi. Stripe Delete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users