#1 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Anything Shelby, Racing, Car Events, People, Building Fast Cars!!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Most of you that have been to the Bash's and other Shelby events know Rick (Shelby#18) by his pair of gorgeous 1000 HP+ Ford GTX-1's. He has a Blue one and a Tungsten one. Very few know that he also has a pair of 07 Shelby's convertibles too...the Super Snake 427 shown in this build and another 40th Anniversary that we are going to do a build on at a later date. Not only does Rick have a great collection of cars, most importantly, he is a heck of a nice guy. I am proud to have gotten to know him the last several years.

This build actually started last week, but with multiple family members in Palm Springs for Spring break and Easter, I have had no spare time in the evenings to post the pictures. So here are the pictures starting from last week.

Here is some of the parts we ordered waiting install:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More in a bit, just had a customer walk in...

Alex
Always Have Several Shelby's, Saleen's, Cobra's and Mustangs For Sale And Will Build To Suit Your Wants/Needs.

Home Of The MMS Mufflers!!!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Here's some more pictures before any parts were installed from early last week:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first order of business was to remove the rear end from the car. It had considerably less rust than most of the cars we do my RBST package too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New rear differential cover going on. Not only does it hold more oil and cool the rear end more, it also strengthens the rear end main caps as it has a hardened load bolt for each cap.

Posted Image

New billet lower control arms on with spherical bearing for proper articulation on axle end and urethane bushing on frame end. I have used these for years on 900+HP cars with no issues. The Tokico rear shocks are fully adjustable too with out going under the car. I use a braided steel extender so that the trunk lining doesn't need to be removed to adjust too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to come...

Alex
Always Have Several Shelby's, Saleen's, Cobra's and Mustangs For Sale And Will Build To Suit Your Wants/Needs.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Double post

Edited by vapor08GT500, 11 April 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

All take off parts are for sale....Super Snake rear brake ducts, rear Eibach springs, adjusters, and shocks, stock exhaust manifolds, Bassani X-pipe with high flow cats, etc. Contact me if any of you are interested in the take off parts.

Posted Image

Stock manifolds off and header install started. I have 2 sets of headers too if anyone is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the headers going on. Besides the Dynotech headers making the most power and torque, they are the only long tubes that allow the trans to come in and out with out removing or loosening them. Why are we not doing the SPEC clutch now? Well, we need to do the power enhancements and data log the car first, so after all the power stuff is added and the tune is perfect, we will then do the clutch. The clutch requires 300 easy break in miles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now the rear end...we degrease, sand, etch, prime and then paint the rears with 3-4 coats of epoxy paint. Rears I have done 5 years ago, still look new.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to come later...

Alex

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   dh777

dh777

08SGT0994

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Sent you an email

I can't wait to see how this exhaust come together. Is that little piece a cat or some kind of small muffler - I've never seen either one that small. Aren't the "diameter" of the side exhaust a lot smaller than the rest of the exhaust?
DeWayne

Posted Image
3 Blue Mustangs
1965 coupe - Caspian Blue 289 automatic coupe
2008 SGT/SC Vista Blue - 08SGT0994 - SAI SGT/SC package with HO polished Whipple, 3.73 and Kicker system. 507 RWHP and 497 Torque
2009 Terlingua - Vista Blue - 09TRT0402 - Possibly the first factory glass roof Shelby. The only Vista Blue, the only glass top and the first performance automatic Terlingua - Quantum built performance package - - 3.73, Kicker system and interior upgrade. Many other upgrades and mods.
THE BAD HARE

#6 OFFLINE   MY500SS

MY500SS

Team Shelby Addict

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 23,672 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

More amazing builds from the team at Mackenzie Mustang :worship:

You have some real sweet parts going on your Shelby Rick.................very nice my friend. :happy feet:
Honored to have participated in the 2012 Shelby Run Europe.
2500 miles, 10 days, 8 countries.

Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0273

2017 GT350R HR530.
2007 GT500SS CSM 07SS0134.
2007 GT50040th CSM 07XL0273.
1965 Mustang Coupe K Code.
1964 289 FIA Cobra CSX 7076.
1963 L76 Corvette.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   FormerGmc

FormerGmc

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,431 posts
  • Joined 13-July 06

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm watching and waiting Alex! :poke:
Proud member of Team 40th -

#8 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I promise before I go to sleep to post more pictures Steve of the mods for the 33530's....My Dad is in town and we are going to watch a movie. When he goes to sleep I will post some more...

Alex

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ok...Movie is done. Thank you for the comments as always, Dan, and DeWayne, I replied to your email. Steve and Dewayne. Keep watching the build as things go on...I don't want to spoil it by posing pictures ahead....LOL

Here is some more pictures of the rear end and the modifications we do do the wheel well to make the 33530ZR20 Pirelli tires to fit. I have the rims widened to 11.75" I have a guy in CA do it for me and he guarantees the wheels for life against coming apart and for over 200 MPH with no vibrations. It takes alot of work to make the huge tires fit, but is well worth the time and effort for looks and much better hook up!!

Last shot of painted rear before it went back in. We use a chase to clean the paint off the threads of wheel studs when done:

Posted Image

Now for the bump stop bracket removal. We drill the spot welds out, the trim the bracket flush with the frame rail, then clean, undercoat and paint the wheel well to make it look factory.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See...can't even tell it was there now....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for final touches on the rear end...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then back in the car....with H&R rear springs, polyurethane isolators, and Tokico shocks. Every 40th owner and SS owner complain about the rear end clunk. This set-up eliminates the clunk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Now for the relocation brackets for the lower control arms. They have to be welded in completely square, so we always do them when the rear end is in the car. The relocation brackets make a huge difference as far as keeping the lower control arm parallel to the ground and making the rear of the car more predictable. Hook up is very important, so most of you need relocation brackets and don't even realize it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for some shots with the 33530ZR20 tires on. These are my wheels/tires for my new Boss 302 as Ricks Super Snake wheels are being widened. Finished product will be the same though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exhaust tomorrow....

Alex

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Blown Away

Blown Away

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined 02-February 09

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Another awesome build Alex. Those rear tires are wiiiiide!!!

Also I see Rick's car is in dire need of a detail... :hysterical3:

Oh yeah, I forgot, that's the last step in a Mackenzie Makeover. :salute:

Dan

2007 Shelby GT #4257 -- White -- Automatic -- IUP -- Navigation System -- Ordered w/CS6 Hood, Lower Grille & Lights

Installed by Mackenzie's Mustang Supply
Whipple Polished HO Supercharger
1/2" Drop Lethal Performance Lowering Engine Mounts
Custom Blue Powder Coated Valve Covers
Shelby Gauge Pod and Gauges
Steeda Extreme Duty Billet Lower Control Arms
Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Panhard Bar
Painted Rear Axle - Member of the "clean butt club"
'08 window felt

Jon Lund Tune

"Shelby GT" Floor Mats, CDC Sequential Turn Signals, Shelby Billet Hood Pins, Signed Airbag Cover, Shelby Map Light Accent, Shelby GT Billet Engine Caps,
Tinted Windows, Shorty Antennae, Clear Front Turn Signals, Ford Blue Painted Rear Brake Caliper, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Shelby Extreme Plus Front Brakes, Trunk Lid Liner, Billet Strut Caps, Billet Door Locks, Billet Coat Hook, Billet Cup Holder Trim, Billet Emergency Brake Handle, Third Brake light Trim ,
Quarter Light Trim, Tail Light Trim, Steeda 2 piece Billet Idler Pullies, FordFan1's Racing Tow Hook, GT500KR Axle Reservoir, Bangastang Custom Painted Radiator Cover, RedLine Elite "Shelby" Hood Struts, Deep Draw Hood, Painted Stripes, Shelby GT Center Caps, GT500KR Rear Differential Cover

SEMA 2010 Sponsored Items
TSW Cadwell Wheels, 20X8.5 Front, 20X10 Rear - BFG 20" KDW Tires 265/35 20 Front, 285/30 20 Rear - Katzkin "Black Widow" Interior - Moroso Aluminum Tanks - JBA Axle Back Exhaust w/4" Tips - JLT Performance Carbon Fiber Whipple Intake Tube - Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates - Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks - Lethal Performance Aluminum Whipple Intercooler Tank - Classic Design Concepts Dead Pedal - Drake Muscle Cars Under hood Fender & Hood Hardware - SilverHorse Racing Louvered 1/4 Windows BP Art & Design Car Show Stand - B&M Transmission Cooler

DSC06402.jpg

100_1087.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   gt67

gt67

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Alex, you must have Rick tell you the story of the drunk lady who fell in his car head first, feet in the air at the Harley Cafe. This is no joke.
I'm very interested in adding the quad exhaust to my 40th and will be in touch with you soon. I hope some day to have the opportunity to see this fantastic build you two have put together.

Don

http://s698.photobuc...01/Scotts pics/

07 GT500 40th Anniversary 427 w/ Red Cobras
#27 of 128 07 Limited Edition Red Apperance Package
CSM 07XL0067 40TH Anniversary Package #67 of 312
#167 of 202 of the 427 w/ Restricted Graphics Package
Currently Hibernating with 88 miles showing, 5/05/15, 90 miles, 8/2017 108 miles
2012 Comp Orange/Black Boss 302, built 5/19/11, Delivered 5/31/11 #801,8/25/2017 14,800 miles

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

th_Carlisle.jpgth_SF1Z2976.jpgth_QA1O0811.jpgth_PowerTour2011031.jpgth_slayercopy2_zpsee146986.jpg?t=1401744th_IMG_1056.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   dbackg

dbackg

it's Hammer time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Joined 13-November 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:2008 Super Snake - Black - vert

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Looks great.

Alex is all about the little details.
SuperSnake. TVS. FRPP CAI. CJ65 TB. VMP *Big TB* Inlet. VMP 2.65 pulley/tune. FORE Billet fuel rails. JLT oil separator. Dynatech exhaust headers. Shelby billet shifter. DYNOTECH 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. 170* thermostat. Shelby Extreme Duty Cooling system. FRPP M-4033-G2 diff girdle cover. 3.73 gears. billet Steeda LCA's & adj UCA. CHE LCA relocations brackets. H&R sway bars. FR3 springs. Tokico D-Specs. Shelby/Fays2 Billet Watts link, Shelby/Baer Big brakes. 20X11.75 rears. Michelin PS2 335/30's.

#14 OFFLINE   mywickedshelby

mywickedshelby

Cogito Ergo Zoom

• Northeast Region
  • 42,067 posts
  • Joined 17-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Occassionally

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Haha....and not a word about the covered car in the background.

Hope the SS is still there when I stop by next week.........

following along as usual........awesome stuff......as usual.......

see ya soon Alex! :salute:

excuse me........'maestro Alex'...........:rockon:

Team Shelby State Director for New York

2007 Black SGT. CSM #2502

Masterfully Modified at MacKenzie Mustang Supply in Palm Springs, California

Deep Draw Hood (clears my Whipple without lowering the engine) and Painted Stripes / August 2011

4.6 Aluminator built by L&M Race Engines, Hatboro, PA. February 2012, 700hp!

5 time Terlingualista and Shelby Run Europe 2012 Participant! Driven in 36 US States and 11 Countries.........So far!

th_243a.jpgth_ShowboardSeven.jpgth_1397328350492_resized.jpgth_Terlingua13AirportSlalom.jpgth_Terlingua13AirportRun3.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   msmap

msmap

proud mom of a Wounded Warrior

• Southern Plains Region
  • 5,566 posts
  • Joined 26-March 07
  • Interests:my family, my friends, my Shelby
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Gee, Alex! Do I detect the sticker on Rick's axel? Super work!!!

cya soon :-)
Sherri

2007 Shelby GT500
CSM 07XL0417 (Bud's last)
#2215 of 2695 verts
#266 of 325 Performance White verts
ordered 3/27/07
built 4/17/07
home 4/27/2007

2007 Shelby Hertz Rent A Racer
CSM 07H465

Other stablemates:
#1143 of 6381 SVT 2001 Lightnings
Oxford White
Born 2/21/01
#939 of 1000 1994 Cobra Indy Pace cars
Saddle on Red
Born on 4/15/94
1969 Mach 1
Indian Fire
Born on 1/20/69

If you don't stand behind our troops,
please feel free to stand in front of them.

#16 OFFLINE   vapor08GT500

vapor08GT500

MMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined 06-October 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Dan (Blown Away): Thank you for the comments, as always!! The tires are Super Wide. The ones on Rick's car right now are actually for my Boss 302, which STILL isn't here yet, so I put them on Ricks car, until his are back from widening. Ricks car will get a full detail when it is all done. It is still dirty from all the bad weather on the way back from the BASH!! See you and Laura next week!!

Don (gt67): Yes, I will be sure to ask Rick when I talk to him next. He is at his farm with his family right now and doesn't have any cell phone or internet access for a while, so he will get to see all the updates on his car when he returns. Follow along with the quad exhaust install. It is done now and sounds great, but was a HUGE job to do...

Greg (dbackg): Thank you...almost the same build we did on your Super Snake Vert two years ago!! Time flies.

Michael (mywickedshelby): The car was actually moved today as it was in the way. We had to put Sherri's 40th there and yours next door. Ran it up and down the street. Glad you are enjoying the builds, as usual....hehe...See you on Wednesday!!

Sherri (msmap) Yes, when the stickers are savable, we save them...Sorry I couldn't talk on the phone earlier, My Aunt and Uncle came to visit that I haven't seen in 4 years. See you on Sunday!!

Here are some more install pics.....You can see the 4" 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and the quad exhaust install...we installed the 2.5" X-pipe with high flow cats, then after, we notched the X-pipe and added the 12-13 Boss 302 side pipes. It took over 10 hours to get it all to work with the convertible braces and the X-pipe, but with some fabrication, trimming, spacers, a some new Ford Intermediate pipe sleeves we got it all together for a factory type install where the side exhaust exits under the rear of the rocker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next we did an oil change and added the K&N 2010 filter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for the Afco Racing heat exchanger with duel fans. I prefer this brand over the others out there and you don't have to wait 2 months or more to get them!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The hideous front plate bracket will be coming off...LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to come...stay tuned....

Alex

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 OFFLINE   '10Kona

'10Kona

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 13-July 10

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Love those rear tires! :drool:
2010 GT500 Kona Blue with White Stripes.

2020 of 3545 Shelby GT500 Coupes built in 2010.
213 of 378 Kona Blue Metallic with White Stripes Shelby GT500 Coupes built in 2010

All stock, no mods,,,, for now.

#18 OFFLINE   dbackg

dbackg

it's Hammer time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Joined 13-November 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:2008 Super Snake - Black - vert

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

335's fit. I highly recommend the watts link to keep the rear centered.

if you use spacers get the smallest ones = 1/8", however, I think it would be better to fit and road test the 335's and see where the tires rub on the inner wheel well and then soft hammer mallet the rub points.

Can't wait to see more pics and video with good audio recording of that exhaust. She should sound wicked good.
SuperSnake. TVS. FRPP CAI. CJ65 TB. VMP *Big TB* Inlet. VMP 2.65 pulley/tune. FORE Billet fuel rails. JLT oil separator. Dynatech exhaust headers. Shelby billet shifter. DYNOTECH 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. 170* thermostat. Shelby Extreme Duty Cooling system. FRPP M-4033-G2 diff girdle cover. 3.73 gears. billet Steeda LCA's & adj UCA. CHE LCA relocations brackets. H&R sway bars. FR3 springs. Tokico D-Specs. Shelby/Fays2 Billet Watts link, Shelby/Baer Big brakes. 20X11.75 rears. Michelin PS2 335/30's.

#19 OFFLINE   SHELBY#18

SHELBY#18

Come on in......

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 25-September 06
  • Interests:Cars / boats

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image
Well I'm now back from the farm , and settling back down to city life. Here's a photo of me on my highest powered Ford.
Thanks all for the kind comments. Alex is just so darn knowlegable about what items work / don't work for what my goals are that it makes it a pleasure dealing with him. I'm looking forward to see the end result in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure I'll be pleased.

All the best....
Rick

#20 OFFLINE   Blown Away

Blown Away

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined 02-February 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Nice "Green Acres" pic Rick... :hysterical2:

Welcome back to the rat race!!!

Dan

2007 Shelby GT #4257 -- White -- Automatic -- IUP -- Navigation System -- Ordered w/CS6 Hood, Lower Grille & Lights

Installed by Mackenzie's Mustang Supply
Whipple Polished HO Supercharger
1/2" Drop Lethal Performance Lowering Engine Mounts
Custom Blue Powder Coated Valve Covers
Shelby Gauge Pod and Gauges
Steeda Extreme Duty Billet Lower Control Arms
Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Panhard Bar
Painted Rear Axle - Member of the "clean butt club"
'08 window felt

Jon Lund Tune

"Shelby GT" Floor Mats, CDC Sequential Turn Signals, Shelby Billet Hood Pins, Signed Airbag Cover, Shelby Map Light Accent, Shelby GT Billet Engine Caps,
Tinted Windows, Shorty Antennae, Clear Front Turn Signals, Ford Blue Painted Rear Brake Caliper, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Shelby Extreme Plus Front Brakes, Trunk Lid Liner, Billet Strut Caps, Billet Door Locks, Billet Coat Hook, Billet Cup Holder Trim, Billet Emergency Brake Handle, Third Brake light Trim ,
Quarter Light Trim, Tail Light Trim, Steeda 2 piece Billet Idler Pullies, FordFan1's Racing Tow Hook, GT500KR Axle Reservoir, Bangastang Custom Painted Radiator Cover, RedLine Elite "Shelby" Hood Struts, Deep Draw Hood, Painted Stripes, Shelby GT Center Caps, GT500KR Rear Differential Cover

SEMA 2010 Sponsored Items
TSW Cadwell Wheels, 20X8.5 Front, 20X10 Rear - BFG 20" KDW Tires 265/35 20 Front, 285/30 20 Rear - Katzkin "Black Widow" Interior - Moroso Aluminum Tanks - JBA Axle Back Exhaust w/4" Tips - JLT Performance Carbon Fiber Whipple Intake Tube - Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates - Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks - Lethal Performance Aluminum Whipple Intercooler Tank - Classic Design Concepts Dead Pedal - Drake Muscle Cars Under hood Fender & Hood Hardware - SilverHorse Racing Louvered 1/4 Windows BP Art & Design Car Show Stand - B&M Transmission Cooler

DSC06402.jpg

100_1087.jpg

#21 OFFLINE   07REDGT500

07REDGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 26-June 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Cars: Fast, slow, old or new.
    Fine Woodworking

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Your car I looking great. Way to go Alex. Fantastic build.

07 Shelby GT500 (Torch Red) 40th CSM 07XL0145
1967 MGB (sold)
1966 Mustang coupe
1951 MGTD
1948 Ford Woodie Wagon
1958 Willys CJ-5
FFR Type 65 Coupe (my new street legal track car)
2011 F150 Supercrew Lariat, Ecoboost, max trailer tow, 4x4

Proud member of TEAM 40th

#22 OFFLINE   MY500SS

MY500SS

Team Shelby Addict

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 23,672 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Posted Image
Well I'm now back from the farm , and settling back down to city life. Here's a photo of me on my highest powered Ford.
Thanks all for the kind comments. Alex is just so darn knowlegable about what items work / don't work for what my goals are that it makes it a pleasure dealing with him. I'm looking forward to see the end result in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure I'll be pleased.

Dan

Too dang funny Dan........................I'm not the only one that had the theme song from Green Acres pop in my head.

Great pic of you working the farm Rick and the 427SS is coming along fantastic. The mods you have chosen......perfect. :worship:
Honored to have participated in the 2012 Shelby Run Europe.
2500 miles, 10 days, 8 countries.

Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0273

2017 GT350R HR530.
2007 GT500SS CSM 07SS0134.
2007 GT50040th CSM 07XL0273.
1965 Mustang Coupe K Code.
1964 289 FIA Cobra CSX 7076.
1963 L76 Corvette.

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   sportscars

sportscars

Premier Ford vehicle event planner

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 4,030 posts
  • Joined 30-September 08
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Do I spot the very rare two speed transfer case Ford 9N there? I have one just like it! You do have good taste in Fords sir!

Posted Image

Cars:

2015 EcoBoost - Oxford White - Auto - Performance Pack, Recaros

2007 Shelby GT CSM 0488 - Performance White 5 Speed

2001 GT Auto

1996 Mustang LX - Purple, Auto, V6

1995 Mustang GT - 5spd - Black
1986 Saleen #86-126 40k original miles - 1 of 3 red w/beige interior
1984 GT350 5.0, 5 speed with T-Tops

Me:

Owner of SMC Events - www.smcevents.com

c077ec15-2e91-4ed6-a653-04787473858a_zps

#24 OFFLINE   SHELBY#18

SHELBY#18

Come on in......

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 25-September 06

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Do I spot the very rare two speed transfer case Ford 9N there? I have one just like it! You do have good taste in Fords sir!

Too dang funny Dan........................I'm not the only one that had the theme song from Green Acres pop in my head.

Great pic of you working the farm Rick and the 427SS is coming along fantastic. The mods you have chosen......perfect. :worship:

Your car I looking great. Way to go Alex. Fantastic build.

Dan

Thanks all. You guys are the best, and dating yourselves in the process. Sean it is an 8N and yes it does. I cruise to town at a wopping 26 mph down the highway on it. Granted maybe I'll see one or two cars on the way and back.

Edited by SHELBY#18, 17 April 2012 - 02:16 PM.

All the best....
Rick

#25 OFFLINE   sportscars

sportscars

Premier Ford vehicle event planner

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 4,030 posts
  • Joined 30-September 08
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Thanks all. You guys are the best, and dating yourselves in the process. Sean it is an 8N and yes it does. I cruise to town at a wopping 26 mph down the highway on it. Granted maybe I'll see one or two cars on the way and back.

:club: My bad. Hard to tell from that picture however! I started driving mine to the local "mercantile" for soda and candy when I was about 10. :shift:

Cars:

2015 EcoBoost - Oxford White - Auto - Performance Pack, Recaros

2007 Shelby GT CSM 0488 - Performance White 5 Speed

2001 GT Auto

1996 Mustang LX - Purple, Auto, V6

1995 Mustang GT - 5spd - Black
1986 Saleen #86-126 40k original miles - 1 of 3 red w/beige interior
1984 GT350 5.0, 5 speed with T-Tops

Me:

Owner of SMC Events - www.smcevents.com

c077ec15-2e91-4ed6-a653-04787473858a_zps

#26 OFFLINE   07REDGT500

07REDGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 26-June 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Cars: Fast, slow, old or new.
    Fine Woodworking

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Rick,
I tried to shoot you a PM but for some reason you can't get anymore.

Your SS is looking amazing. What do you have up your sleeve for the 40th?

Bob
07 Shelby GT500 (Torch Red) 40th CSM 07XL0145
1967 MGB (sold)
1966 Mustang coupe
1951 MGTD
1948 Ford Woodie Wagon
1958 Willys CJ-5
FFR Type 65 Coupe (my new street legal track car)
2011 F150 Supercrew Lariat, Ecoboost, max trailer tow, 4x4

Proud member of TEAM 40th

#27 OFFLINE   dh777

dh777

08SGT0994

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
  • Interests:.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I didn't know it was that rare - I have one too
DeWayne

Posted Image
3 Blue Mustangs
1965 coupe - Caspian Blue 289 automatic coupe
2008 SGT/SC Vista Blue - 08SGT0994 - SAI SGT/SC package with HO polished Whipple, 3.73 and Kicker system. 507 RWHP and 497 Torque
2009 Terlingua - Vista Blue - 09TRT0402 - Possibly the first factory glass roof Shelby. The only Vista Blue, the only glass top and the first performance automatic Terlingua - Quantum built performance package - - 3.73, Kicker system and interior upgrade. Many other upgrades and mods.
THE BAD HARE

#28 OFFLINE   SHELBY#18

SHELBY#18

Come on in......

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 25-September 06

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I didn't know it was that rare - I have one too

That's three of us! I've only seen one other when participating in some of the tractor gatherings around our area.

Rick,
I tried to shoot you a PM but for some reason you can't get anymore.

Your SS is looking amazing. What do you have up your sleeve for the 40th?

Bob

Hello Bob,

I sent you a pm., I don't know whats wrong with it either. Thank you for the comments. As for the 40th. I haven't decided on anything yet. The 40th is only used once a month to and from home (24 miles). And I want to see how I like the mods on the Supersnake first. That one is used much more often.

Edited by SHELBY#18, 24 April 2012 - 06:42 PM.

All the best....
Rick

#29 OFFLINE   Firekiller

Firekiller

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 29-April 10
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hey Alex, another wonderful job I see. Are you going to start producing the 302 side pipes? I bet they will take off like hot cakes.

#30 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 6,490 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Nice!
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 Continental DW Extreme Contact
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson, Cleo Shelby & Akos Feher
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner 2015, 2016 Shelby American Las Vegas Bash Top 25 car show Award

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users